Discuss Scratch

Ziggy741
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Don't NFE Add Everything Studios

Please keep this on topic. Thanks!

Please keep in mind that this is a topic to suggest that add everything studios shouldn't be NFE, not a topic to complain about Add Everything studios.

I don't see what's wrong with them. Although they don't have an exact purpose, that doesn't mean the have to be NFE. And there's a view all thing for studios so it doesn't matter if a project is in studios with a “purpose” or studios without.

Last edited by Ziggy741 (March 18, 2018 23:18:43)

Note that most of my posts on the forums are from years ago, probably mainly in 2016.

(Unsolved!) How can you see all the shared projects of a deleted account? And some important context. And something else about it.
Please help me answer that question. (From May 2023)

(I know I may seem desperate, the person who owned the account whose projects I am trying to find had been doing some stuff that might need to get taken down)
KJRYoshi07
Scratcher
1000+ posts

They are NFE because they are annoying for some people (Like Me) and don't want them on the front page.

moved accounts lol
PrincessFlowerTV
Scratcher
1000+ posts

KJRYoshi07 wrote:

They are NFE because they are annoying for some people (Like Me) and don't want them on the front page.
How in heavens name would a “add everything” studio get on the front page?

Last edited by PrincessFlowerTV (March 17, 2018 13:51:16)

Got to be good looking cause he's so hard to see -The Beatles

(Thank you @just-there from The Profile Picture Shop for the banner ^^)

Nothing's down here, sorry to disappoint you.

JK. there may be something down there…

Maybe not, tho.

You're determined, aren't you?

Talar du Svenska? Om inte, det ar fin.

Just stop it, will ya?

Fine, you win.

Take a rice cake. *yeets you a rice cake*
Say “Thanks for that rice cake, Kewpie!” if you made it this far.
Wahsp
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PrincessFlowerTV wrote:

KJRYoshi07 wrote:

Yeah it wouldn't, but this keeps it off of search results

Last edited by Wahsp (March 17, 2018 13:55:43)

​I am Wahsp

Formerly pretty active on the forums, probably mostly retired now…
If you see one of my posts send me a hello!

No support.
These studios bother a lot of people (like me) since we don't see a purpose in it. Besides, what is the point of adding all your projects to a studio? They can just get pushed down until no one else can see them, so it's best if someone checks out your profile to see your projects.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that these are also NFE because it doesn't promote any creativity or a desire to make more projects. For example, if I made a studio where you can only add projects about Star Wars Jedi, and someone who is a Star Wars fan wanted to have a project of theirs in the studio, then what would they do? They'd make a project. Even though AE studios can promote making projects, people will probably try to be the person who has the most projects in the studio and they'd make nonsense/pointless projects that don't have much coding value to them just so that they have a lot of projects.

Last edited by YubNubEwok (March 18, 2018 13:42:49)

Hello! I'mYubNubEwok!
YubNubEwok | Star Wars Nerd | Marvel Fan | Hunger Games Fan | #1 Wisconsin cheese Fan | Female | Christian | Webkinz user/collector | 2000+ posts | Philippians 4:13, Colossians 3:23 |
-Stuff to check out-
TheJediMasters
Ⓒⓡⓔⓐⓣⓘⓥⓔ Bᴜᴍᴘs
Right now I challenge you to: go to my profile, follow me, and check out my featured project (it's important!)

;
Ziggy741
Scratcher
1000+ posts

But calling a type of studio annoying is an opinion. Also, it makes it much harder for people to find them if it doesn't show in the search and doesn't show on the thing that shows what studios a project is in.

Note that most of my posts on the forums are from years ago, probably mainly in 2016.

(Unsolved!) How can you see all the shared projects of a deleted account? And some important context. And something else about it.
Please help me answer that question. (From May 2023)

(I know I may seem desperate, the person who owned the account whose projects I am trying to find had been doing some stuff that might need to get taken down)
KJRYoshi07
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ziggy741 wrote:

But calling a type of studio annoying is an opinion. Also, it makes it much harder for people to find them if it doesn't show in the search and doesn't show on the thing that shows what studios a project is in.
1. Yes, it is an opinion, but that's why the Scratch Team made AE studios NFE. Many people suggested to ban AE studios, and if they got in search results, people would start getting very annoyed and there would be loads of suggestions to ban AE studios.
2. People are happy that they don't show in search results.
3. It shows on the project that it is in an AE studio.

Last edited by KJRYoshi07 (March 18, 2018 07:05:36)

moved accounts lol
myeducate
Scratcher
500+ posts

I'm glad that these are marked as NFE. Add anything studios don't promote creativity or inspire anyone. They seem like a draw where you shove everything you don't need into.

No support.

INACTIVE
SPA Member and Assosiate - Creator and overlord of ScratchNetwork - 700+ Forum Posts - Web and Desktop Dev - Fluent in VB, PHP and HTML. I'm okay at CSS and Javascript but am still learning. Sig written in PHP using the picture libary. Firebase is fun.

KJRYoshi07
Scratcher
1000+ posts

myeducate wrote:

I'm glad that these are marked as NFE. Add anything studios don't promote creativity or inspire anyone. They seem like a draw where you shove everything you don't need into.

No support.
I agree. I hate when people add my projects to them without permission.

Last edited by KJRYoshi07 (March 18, 2018 09:26:58)

moved accounts lol
Botcho_Otkho
Scratcher
1000+ posts

removed by user - I was wrong

Last edited by Botcho_Otkho (March 19, 2018 13:02:16)

I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are. - Mewtwo
dave4681
Scratcher
500+ posts

3 years ago, I suggested for Add Everything studios to be made NFE. So you have me to thank…
myeducate
Scratcher
500+ posts

dave4681 wrote:

3 years ago, I suggested for Add Everything studios to be made NFE. So you have me to thank…
Thank you!

INACTIVE
SPA Member and Assosiate - Creator and overlord of ScratchNetwork - 700+ Forum Posts - Web and Desktop Dev - Fluent in VB, PHP and HTML. I'm okay at CSS and Javascript but am still learning. Sig written in PHP using the picture libary. Firebase is fun.

Harakou
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PrincessFlowerTV wrote:

KJRYoshi07 wrote:

There was a time when they were really, really prominent. A lot of people found them bothersome, and they tended to clutter up the side panel that displays which studios a project is in. Since AE studios are focused on simply accumulating numbers, something we try to discourage, we opted to mark them NFE.