Discuss Scratch

hazzbro786
Scratcher
5 posts

Fortnite on Scratch????

I am planning on making a scratch version of fortnite with online mutliplayer. Once I get cloud variables unlocked, how many people will be able to join a game
TheCodePro123
Scratcher
100+ posts

Fortnite on Scratch????

It all depends on how you'll code it.

TheCodePro123
CODE LIKE A PRO
Leave a follow, love, or favorite! Even a view is fine!
Things to Check Out: Anything in Bold is a Link
Check out my Marvelous Art Maker (MAM)!
Check out the EpicCode Productions!
Check out the Translate to Morse Code!

TheCodePro123 wrote:

CODE LIKE A PRO!

TheCodePro123 wrote:

THE PRO WITH CODE
hazzbro786
Scratcher
5 posts

Fortnite on Scratch????

Would many people be too laggy or wah. Cause where am i sposed to get 100 ppl from. I'm sposed to make a game for school and since (no brag) im the best at coding and scratch and stuff, My teacher wants a really complicated game. Plus i think all my classmates could play together. Maybe like 10 people, would that be lagging too much.
Paradox5
Scratcher
2 posts

Fortnite on Scratch????

hazzbro786 wrote:

I am planning on making a scratch version of fortnite with online mutliplayer. Once I get cloud variables unlocked, how many people will be able to join a game
Umm sorry, you have been limited with 20 cloud varibles, to reduce spam of cloud which won't fit so many people, plus i don't think scratch will allow fortnite sinc it contain “content not for kids”
stickfiregames
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Fortnite on Scratch????

Paradox5 wrote:

hazzbro786 wrote:

Umm sorry, you have been limited with 20 cloud varibles, to reduce spam of cloud which won't fit so many people, plus i don't think scratch will allow fortnite sinc it contain “content not for kids”
Shooters have been allowed in the past as long as they don't depict realistic violence - griffpatch's laser tag comes to mind - although a perfect recreation of Fortnite wouldn't be allowed.

Multilayer is hard to do, but still possible even with the new cloud limits. It's possible to make multiplayer games with 10 players, but for Fortnite you would have to sacrifice a few player slots - maybe quite a lot of them - to store things like built structures.

Making the game 3d would also be hard, although there are 3d engines you could use mage by other people. You wouldn't be able to have detailed graphics, Scratch is too slow for that. Alternatively you could try making the game in 2d, but you would have to think about how to do that in a way that the game mechanics still work.

If you can read this, my signature cubeupload has been eaten by an evil kumquat!

or you just used Inspect Element, you hacker

;
The_New_Style
Scratcher
37 posts

Fortnite on Scratch????

depends on how you code it. I prefer 10-20 people per server because after that it gets laggy