Discuss Scratch

sheelepe2026
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Super Smash Brothers Ultimate

LlamaGodLuke wrote:

There is an upcoming Kirby tourney. This probably disproves Bandana Dee as DLC.
I don't believe it

if sakurai doesn't add Bandana Waddle Dee he is probably biased

hello, I exist.

thats all you need to know.
JuneandBabyThor
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Twin138956Scratch wrote:

I mean PSTBF (Propose Studios To Be Featured) surpassed 10k, and it still works for me.
Wut

Rayman for smash:
Why? RAYMAN IS SUPER COOL TEENSIES GLOBAX THEY ARE MY FAVORITES I WANT THEM IN SMASH IF THEY ARE NOT IN SMASH I WILL PUNCH ALL OF MY POKÉMON DOLLS IN THE FACE RAYMAN IN SMASH HE HAS HARD PLATFORMERS I AM GOOD AT THEM MY EYES HURT WHEN HIS GAMES ARE IN EFFECTS YES RAYMAN FOR SMASH
who else i want in smash:
Every persona 5 and 5 part 2 character in smash:
WHY? hOw MaNy Do YoU wAnT aRe YoU sUrE
-sophie
StruckByTheRain
Scratcher
500+ posts

BIurriface wrote:

imagine taking this game seriously. anyway don chan for smash
Competitive Smash cuts out most of the stages and fun. If a stage has a pretty fun gimmick, it's banned in competitive play. I can see why, but it's unnecessary.

Oh, and there's like, only 5 stages legal, and they're boring. (They're Battlefield, Final Destination, Lylat Cruise, Pokemon Stadium 2, and Smashville.)

yeah
Bluebatstar
Scratcher
1000+ posts

StruckByTheRain wrote:

BIurriface wrote:

Competitive Smash cuts out most of the stages and fun. If a stage has a pretty fun gimmick, it's banned in competitive play. I can see why, but it's unnecessary.

Oh, and there's like, only 5 stages legal, and they're boring. (They're Battlefield, Final Destination, Lylat Cruise, Pokemon Stadium 2, and Smashville.)
The reason I prefer the competitive stages is because 99% of the stage gimmicks just interrupt the flow of play, leading to a lot of weird stuff, losses due to that stuff, and are just too interferent on the battle.

Having no-gimmick stages allows for battles to be a lot more intense, where you're more in control of the outcome.
mythic_mew
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bluebatstar wrote:

StruckByTheRain wrote:

BIurriface wrote:

The reason I prefer the competitive stages is because 99% of the stage gimmicks just interrupt the flow of play, leading to a lot of weird stuff, losses due to that stuff, and are just too interferent on the battle.

Having no-gimmick stages allows for battles to be a lot more intense, where you're more in control of the outcome.
Even though I’m not great at the game I think low ladder online play is really cringe. So many stages with characters ground close to the edge. People making rule sets to set themselves up to win. cringe

Rosalina and Iono are pretty cool
hulkandironman
Scratcher
100+ posts

Bluebatstar wrote:

StruckByTheRain wrote:

BIurriface wrote:

I agree with @Bluebatstar . The illegal stages all have things that interrupt the game and are just generally unfair. For example, Little Mac will have a much harder time keeping up with a scrolling stage than, say, Jigglypuff.

I wish I could change my username on Scratch…
|Atheist | Nintendo Switch | Breath of the Wild | Bad At Scratching | Smash Ultimate | TF2 | A Lot More|
Heccit
Scratcher
500+ posts

StruckByTheRain wrote:

BIurriface wrote:

you forgot town and city, Kalos Pokemon Leauge, Yoshi's story, small battlefield, and sometimes yoshi's island (brawl), Unova pokemon leauge, and northern cave

Last edited by Heccit (March 24, 2021 20:43:02)

woah
I still exist
mythic_mew
Scratcher
1000+ posts

sheelepe2026 wrote:

hulkandironman wrote:

-gge wrote:

this topic is gonna have to migrate soon.
it's about to reach 500 pages (when most topics move)
That's pointless, why would we have to change forum just because we have a lot of posts?
it makes it lag when you try to post or go to the topic
it doesn’t have to happen the Pokémon topic just does that.

Rosalina and Iono are pretty cool
StruckByTheRain
Scratcher
500+ posts

Bluebatstar wrote:

StruckByTheRain wrote:

BIurriface wrote:

It’s just my opinion.

yeah
Twin138956Scratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LET'S GO!

Twin138956Scratch

| Follower Rank: #159 Worldwide - #90 USA | Brother: ScratchTeen9300 | Featured 30.08.20 | Proposed 1,500+ studios

=====

Forum Posts Made: [1,000]
Scratcher of the Month: RC_Legend
Project of the Month: An Outdoor Adventure…
Bluebatstar
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Twin138956Scratch wrote:

LET'S GO!
Ummm… what?
The only think I can think of that made you say that was the V11.0.1 Update, which fixes an unintentional change to Header (Wii Fit Trainer Side-B) landing lag, and even then that's a weird, tiny thing to celebrate over.

Last edited by Bluebatstar (March 24, 2021 21:11:25)

Twin138956Scratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bluebatstar wrote:

Twin138956Scratch wrote:

LET'S GO!
Ummm… what?
Go get to 10000.

Twin138956Scratch

| Follower Rank: #159 Worldwide - #90 USA | Brother: ScratchTeen9300 | Featured 30.08.20 | Proposed 1,500+ studios

=====

DC382
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bluebatstar wrote:

The only think I can think of that made you say that was the V11.0.1 Update, which fixes an unintentional change to Header (Wii Fit Trainer Side-B) landing lag, and even then that's a weird, tiny thing to celebrate over.
Oh god was that some Meta Knight in Brawl stuff with the Side B?

RIP Permaspike: 14/7/2018 - 4/4/2023

How did you learn JS? *compares it to having to do a 10 kilometer dash with burning legos*
How did you learn HTML? *compares to pick-a-door levels in SMM2*
How did you learn CSS? Mozilla and Stack Overflow our lords and saviors.
How did you learn JSON? Plants Versus Zombies 2. Not even kidding.

I study game design in my free time, and things I noticed about the cream of the crop indies:
- Consistent God-Tier Music (Cuphead, Undertale, PVZ, Pizza Tower, Super Meat Boy (Danny B. Soundtrack))
- Unique Visuals (Cuphead's entire existence, PVZ1, Pizza Tower, Super Meat Boy, Untitled Goose Game, Hollow Knight)
- Excellent Gameplay (Cuphead, PVZ, Pizza Tower, Meat Boy, A Hat In Time, Spelunky, BTD, Hollow Knight)
- Modding Support (Pizza Tower, A Hat In Time, Terraria (Calamity music is Awesome))
- Replayability (BTD, Pizza Tower, Terraria, Super Meat Boy)
- Challenge (SUPER MEAT BOY, Hollow Knight)
(I haven't played Stardew Valley, so I cant state my view, and my ' key almost doesnt work.)
Twin138956Scratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DC382 wrote:

Bluebatstar wrote:

Cool.

PAGE 498 UNLOCKED

Twin138956Scratch

=====

Bluebatstar
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DC382 wrote:

Bluebatstar wrote:

According to the Smash Wiki, they accidentally removed all landing lag from the move (leaving only the universal 4 Frames landing lag), but they fixed it in the update they just did.
From what it sounds like, it wasn't anything too major, but it's gone now.
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

StruckByTheRain wrote:

BIurriface wrote:

Meanwhile, Smash 64 tournaments have Dream Land as their only legal stage lol

bottom text
SmallHumanBoy
Scratcher
68 posts

JuneandBabyThor wrote:

So yesterday i was playing smash as kirby since I wanted to see how bad he is but literally he is bad
Half of all of his moves have a lot of end lag
And if you hit it barley does any damage
Now I love ridley though he 1 million % deserves higher tier
ngl i got a 4 game win streak with kirby

forgot i had a scratch account, how do i change my username?
SmallHumanBoy
Scratcher
68 posts

if <die> then
Punish
end
Edit: error

Last edited by SmallHumanBoy (March 24, 2021 23:27:25)

forgot i had a scratch account, how do i change my username?
CoolLionMan
Scratcher
1000+ posts

who do you think will be the final dlc character?

I choose these Links for a specific reason, if you're a Zelda fan then you might know why

you can not stop me from putting Oshawott in my siggy

BIurriface
Scratcher
100+ posts

braxbroscratcher wrote:

WolfCat67 wrote:

Hey guys keep Undertale and Minecraft away from this beloved series

We both know those games are no longer at their popularity peak or important at this point
Minecraft's popularity still outdoes Steam as a platform. But I doubt that they would do that, my reasons below.

Also, undertale in Smash? This is such a juicy joke that I'll waste a post shooting it down.

For one, Sans would not work. The 1DEF canonical restriction makes it so that they'd have to make him start at 300% or more in normal mode and then have insanely powerful attacks to compensate - which would utterly RUIN sudden death.

Frisk? They're a player character and a blank slate. They're not that iconic, and their abilities would be pretty boring to match. A melee attack, some form of healing special, and then some form of throwing knife attack or something? Idk. Same with Steve - you can reskin Steve in game for heaven's sake and I think the blocks themselves are more iconic than Steve himself.

Papyrus might work as a Smash character because of the weak ability set and so on allowing the moveset to be close to canon and be completely fair. But it wouldn't make sense at all why he'd appear in the arena of death and destruction that is smash bros. And noone would take the game seriously if he appeared in it.

I feel like you'd almost be more likely to see Asgore or Undyne or something in Smash, but I doubt that too - Nintendo hasn't featured many indie games in Smash afaik.
reading through some earlier posts and i wonder how these people are doing now

blurry | they/them + it/its | 17 y/o
i am (unfortunately) a rhythm gamer (taiko no tatsujin, project diva, etc)
enjoyer of splatoon, analog horror, twenty one pilots, tamagotchi, and limbus company/project moon
not really ‘active’ on the forums though i do lurk a lot