Discuss Scratch

Ihatr
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Wiki Community Portal - in the forums!

lexiro06 wrote:

Hello! I am crying to make an AI in scratch. I know there is already a Wiki for that, but this time i want it for beginners.
If you make a Wiki on the Scratch Wiki, I will love Scratch for the rest of my life.
And i will keep Scratching on, and always be scratching on.
With love,
lexiro06, or Lexiro_06 (Roblox username).
Making a true AI is close to impossible in a simple programming language like Scratch, and if there was a way to do it, it likely wouldn’t be a very easy task to do. This, you’ll have to give up hope for something like this.

this is a link
williamtest_account
Scratcher
55 posts

Ihatr wrote:

lexiro06 wrote:

Hello! I am crying to make an AI in scratch. I know there is already a Wiki for that, but this time i want it for beginners.
If you make a Wiki on the Scratch Wiki, I will love Scratch for the rest of my life.
With love,
Making a true AI is close to impossible in a simple programming language like Scratch, and if there was a way to do it, it likely wouldn’t be a very easy task to do. This, you’ll have to give up hope for something like this.
its possible lol

hello i'm the noob type
  • bad at games
  • don't get memes very much
ahmetlii
Scratcher
500+ posts

williamtest_account wrote:

Ihatr wrote:

lexiro06 wrote:

With love,
its possible lol
we're talking about this, not the AI we used for making games, etc.

Türkçe Scratch Viki'ye katılın!
Türk Scratch'çiler için Türk Scratch'çiler yapıyor.

Ihatr
Scratcher
1000+ posts

williamtest_account wrote:

Ihatr wrote:

lexiro06 wrote:

With love,
its possible lol
True artificial intelligence is close to impossible to create with even the most advanced technology that we have. I'm not talking about those small scripts in Scratch projects which move a ball to a random position, I'm talking about a full-on AI as defined by Wikipedia. It isn't possible to emulate simply.

this is a link
JK_2020ironclad
Scratcher
11 posts

I have a question what do you do if there is a mean person On your project?
Super_Scratch_Bros20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JK_2020ironclad wrote:

I have a question what do you do if there is a mean person On your project?

You report those people so that the Scratch Team can handle the situation. See the wiki article on how to report people.

baraa2062007
Scratcher
1 post

hey how i can see if my project is on trend or how i can see trending projects list and thanks
mtech22
Scratcher
1000+ posts

baraa2062007 wrote:

hey how i can see if my project is on trend or how i can see trending projects list and thanks
Go here: https://scratch.mit.edu/explore/projects/all
Or click “explore” on the header. Please make a new topic if you have a question in the future!

aII toasters toast toast, but what happens when there are no longer toasters being produced? will their technology simply become obsolete, with humans moving onto bigger, better things? will toast become a distant memory, written in textbooks of the future as foods us simpler generations ate? who's to say! society is constantly moving, changing, evolving, ideas being built upon, improved upon, theories being proven or disproven. are we but a blip on the timeline? sure, our names may not be remembered, but that's not the point. you can make a change. you can make a difference. you can make the world better, even if you don't know yet. and the first step is to go for it. even if you are afraid of failure. going back to the example of toasters, do you know off the top of your head who invented them? no? have you used one? probably. so, even if you don't remember my name, if I was able to help awnser your question, that is enough. if I was able to help you, even in the slightest way, this could push you to continue with scratch and not give up after the program crashes, and maybe one day learn other programming languages and change the world. everything is a cause and effect reaction, new inventions lead to the technology of the future, and even as the generations of the past are slowly forgotten, their influence lives on to this day, affecting how the world eventually turned out and how it will be for generations to come.

and, without toasters, we wouldn't have toast.
26GirlCoder
Scratcher
6 posts

I'm requesting a topic in scratch wiki so you can jump Diagonally
__-Sasha-__
Scratcher
3 posts

when green flag clicked
say [hi can any one tell me how to make a disussion? ] for (2) secs
Super_Scratch_Bros20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

__-Sasha-__ wrote:

when green flag clicked
say [hi can any one tell me how to make a disussion? ] for (2) secs

Go to the forum that you wish to make a topic in, and press the blue “new topic” button. Make sure this forum topic follows the rules of that forum – please read the stickies before making a topic.

Last edited by Super_Scratch_Bros20 (Jan. 22, 2021 13:45:03)

The-Scratchy-Games
Scratcher
19 posts

leahcimto wrote:

Piercerocks wrote:

I don't know what cloud variables are. I would like to know what these are, even though I do not have them as an extension, because I am a new scratcher. I think it would be best if I knew what these are and how to operate them even before I have them to use.
Please create your own topic
This is a block for Scratchers,
With it, You could create sorts of cool things like highscores!
Also, To understand more about “cloud variables”.
Please go to the Scratch Wiki

Scratch On!

when green flag clicked
forever
if <[Bored?] = [Yes]> then
broadcast [Make a scratch project v]

else
wait (until popular) secs
end
end

when green flag clicked
forever
broadcast [support ukraine! v]
end
Super_Scratch_Bros20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I just found this.

I noticed they added some abbreviations commonly used in the forums for Paddle and CB.

Should I add SSB20? People talk about me a lot on the forums, and they always call me that. It might be notable enough to add, but I don't think I should make the decision by my own accord.

dominic305
Scratcher
500+ posts

Super_Scratch_Bros20 wrote:

I just found this.

I noticed they added some abbreviations commonly used in the forums for Paddle and CB.

Should I add SSB20? People talk about me a lot on the forums, and they always call me that. It might be notable enough to add, but I don't think I should make the decision by my own accord.
No, because we do not allow content about users.

This is my signature, it appears below all of my posts.
Certified Tech Nerd
I make technical projects here on Scratch, but I also know C++ and Java.

I’m still here, I just don’t do much
Super_Scratch_Bros20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dominic305 wrote:

I just found this.

I know, I heard that before. I was wondering because they added @Paddle2See* and @ceebee* on the same page.

p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dominic305 wrote:

I just found this.

No offense, but Paddle and CB are users…

New!
mtech22
Scratcher
1000+ posts

p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p- wrote:

dominic305 wrote:

I just found this.

No offense, but Paddle and CB are users…
Yes, but they are ST members.

aII toasters toast toast, but what happens when there are no longer toasters being produced? will their technology simply become obsolete, with humans moving onto bigger, better things? will toast become a distant memory, written in textbooks of the future as foods us simpler generations ate? who's to say! society is constantly moving, changing, evolving, ideas being built upon, improved upon, theories being proven or disproven. are we but a blip on the timeline? sure, our names may not be remembered, but that's not the point. you can make a change. you can make a difference. you can make the world better, even if you don't know yet. and the first step is to go for it. even if you are afraid of failure. going back to the example of toasters, do you know off the top of your head who invented them? no? have you used one? probably. so, even if you don't remember my name, if I was able to help awnser your question, that is enough. if I was able to help you, even in the slightest way, this could push you to continue with scratch and not give up after the program crashes, and maybe one day learn other programming languages and change the world. everything is a cause and effect reaction, new inventions lead to the technology of the future, and even as the generations of the past are slowly forgotten, their influence lives on to this day, affecting how the world eventually turned out and how it will be for generations to come.

and, without toasters, we wouldn't have toast.
ahmetlii
Scratcher
500+ posts

I just found this.

I don't think it's that notable, also we don't even add usernames to the articles except they are Scratch Team accounts.

Türkçe Scratch Viki'ye katılın!
Türk Scratch'çiler için Türk Scratch'çiler yapıyor.

Super_Scratch_Bros20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

mtech22 wrote:

Yes, but they are ST members.

ahmetlii wrote:

I don't think it's that notable, also we don't even add usernames to the articles except they are Scratch Team accounts.

Gotcha.

dominic305
Scratcher
500+ posts

dominic305 wrote:

I just found this.

I know, I heard that before. I was wondering because they added @Paddle2See* and @ceebee* on the same page.
Yes, because they are part of the Scratch Team and are notable.
edit: Yes as in that's why the ST is added

Last edited by dominic305 (Jan. 25, 2021 20:47:44)

This is my signature, it appears below all of my posts.
Certified Tech Nerd
I make technical projects here on Scratch, but I also know C++ and Java.

I’m still here, I just don’t do much