Discuss Scratch

Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Wiki Community Portal - in the forums!

kenny2scratch wrote:

Krista_Enneberg wrote:

make article about Meow Mix!
Sorry, what is that?
Meow Mix is a brand of cat food. I'm not sure why the Wiki needs an article about it, unless they're referring to something different.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

I was a Scratch Team member from May 10th 2019 to October 29th 2021.

my notebook | scratch team essay | accessibility essay
TenType
Scratcher
100+ posts

Za-Chary wrote:

kenny2scratch wrote:

Krista_Enneberg wrote:

make article about Meow Mix!
Sorry, what is that?
Meow Mix is a brand of cat food. I'm not sure why the Wiki needs an article about it, unless they're referring to something different.
I think they mean the song Meow Mix (if you search up Meow Mix on Scratch)
Either way, if its not notable, it can't be added to the wiki.

TenType
Experienced Wikian and active contributor in the Scratch Wiki
2488 contributions! as of 3/14/21
My Profile | My Userpage | My Contributions | Evil Kumquat Noises
Super_Scratch_Bros20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

What about @griffpatch?

TenType
Scratcher
100+ posts

Super_Scratch_Bros20 wrote:

What about @griffpatch?
Unfortunately, that is user-generated content (which goes against our wiki guidelines) and it was already decided that it wouldn't be created. Sorry.

TenType
Super_Scratch_Bros20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TenType wrote:

What about @griffpatch?
Unfortunately, that is user-generated content (which goes against our wiki guidelines) and it was already decided that it wouldn't be created. Sorry.
It's all right, but then why did you add @Kaj?

Last edited by Super_Scratch_Bros20 (April 14, 2020 23:17:46)

thisissomeone98
Scratcher
5 posts

We need a jaquanzela page
TenType
Scratcher
100+ posts

TenType wrote:

What about @griffpatch?
An exception was made to the page.

TenType
kenny2scratch
Scratcher
500+ posts

TenType wrote:

What about @griffpatch?
Kaj is a notable part of Scratch culture (and as said on the article, has arguably gone down in Scratch legend) and is mentioned even in projects by the Scratch Team.
I understand the confusion as to the lack of a griffpatch article on those grounds, and that also confused enough Wikians that there was also an entire discussion on whether griffpatch should be an article. The ultimate consensus was no. End of story.

post brought to you by the preview links bug and previously the uploads site bug. 看一下中文 Scratch 維基想參加?請參考這頁
Join the Scratch Wiki!
Made by Scratchers, for Scratchers, since December 6, 2008

minor-edit
Scratcher
500+ posts

thisissomeone98 wrote:

yes this. wait, who is jaquanzela?

John Conway

☁️

• ω •

HSL and RGB levels

Whoops! Our server is Scratch'ing its head
We couldn't find the page you're looking for. Check to make sure you've typed the url correctly.
You can try searching for what you're looking for here:
Search
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ 404 ┻━┻ ╰(°□°╰)

these blocks have been hidden for your safety

scroll around the scripting area while holding a block of code.
hi
necroposting is allowed on the Suggestions forum for comments relevant to the discussion
Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

minor-edit wrote:

thisissomeone98 wrote:

yes this. wait, who is jaquanzela?
Jarquanzela is a character made by the famous Scratcher @WazzoTV. As such, that would be user-generated content and thus an article on the Wiki cannot be made about it (from what I understand, at least).

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

Arkard
Scratcher
40 posts

Hi! this is a weird bug that I often see, and it's that the follow and unfollow button on a studio or profile page, completely vanishes. Why? Can someone help me?

-
if1hadd--19
Scratcher
93 posts

TenType wrote:

What about @griffpatch?

Because history.

My signature is now home to nine kumquats.

Ctrl+m+down arrow

message received? 
no, don't add.
Super_Scratch_Bros20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

kenny2scratch wrote:

TenType wrote:

What about @griffpatch?
Kaj is a notable part of Scratch culture (and as said on the article, has arguably gone down in Scratch legend) and is mentioned even in projects by the Scratch Team.
I understand the confusion as to the lack of a griffpatch article on those grounds, and that also confused enough Wikians that there was also an entire discussion on whether griffpatch should be an article. The ultimate consensus was no. End of story.
That actually makes sense. Speaking on Scratch culture, what about a page about Team Capital and Team Lowercase? (Yes, I know Team Capital had a brief appearance in the April Fools page.)

Sorry, if this gets rejected, then I'll try to stop bugging you.

kenny2scratch
Scratcher
500+ posts

kenny2scratch wrote:

TenType wrote:

What about @griffpatch?
That actually makes sense. Speaking on Scratch culture, what about a page about Team Capital and Team Lowercase? (Yes, I know Team Capital had a brief appearance in the April Fools page.)

Sorry, if this gets rejected, then I'll try to stop bugging you.
Considering I've never heard of either, I'm less sure how cultural they are. Also, another thing is that Kaj is banned/deleted - so the page about them is not a biography of a living account, and doesn't have to be updated for what they're currently doing since they aren't doing anything; do Team Capital and Lowercase still exist? are they still active? If so, it's probably not a good idea to document them.

post brought to you by the preview links bug and previously the uploads site bug. 看一下中文 Scratch 維基想參加?請參考這頁
Join the Scratch Wiki!
Made by Scratchers, for Scratchers, since December 6, 2008

Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

kenny2scratch wrote:

Considering I've never heard of either, I'm less sure how cultural they are. Also, another thing is that Kaj is banned/deleted - so the page about them is not a biography of a living account, and doesn't have to be updated for what they're currently doing since they aren't doing anything; do Team Capital and Lowercase still exist? are they still active? If so, it's probably not a good idea to document them.
“Team Capital” was a trend I started on April Fools' Day this year. The studio for it is on my profile. Unfortunately, even though the studio got very popular and trended, things got out of hand quickly. I closed down the studio.

There is a brief mention of Team Capital in the Wiki under Scratch Trends. I'd say that's all that is needed.

apple502j
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Arkard wrote:

Hi! this is a weird bug that I often see, and it's that the follow and unfollow button on a studio or profile page, completely vanishes. Why? Can someone help me?
FYI, this is not a place to ask general questions - make a topic for that.
To answer you, some adblockers remove follow button. You can disable adblocker for Scratch because it doesn't have ads.

署名は、ディスカッションフォーラムの機能である。署名は、その人のすべての投稿の下部に追加される。署名は、BBCodeで記述できる。 署名を追加/変更/削除したい場合は、ディスカッションフォーラムのホームの一番下に行き、「Change your signature」を押す。署名の大きさは150pxまでである。これには、改行、画像を含む。- Japanese Scratch-Wiki 「署名
Arkard
Scratcher
40 posts

Y DID SCRATCH GO DOWN

-
ThatOneWeirdDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Arkard wrote:

Y DID SCRATCH GO DOWN
Normally they do that for maintenance, or just the servers at MIT went wobbly.
Super_Scratch_Bros20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ThatOneWeirdDude wrote:

Arkard wrote:

Y DID SCRATCH GO DOWN
Normally they do that for maintenance, or just the servers at MIT went wobbly.

Yeah, I got a notification in the middle of the day that they were temporarily closing to fix a trouble with audio or something. Either way, this isn't the place to ask a question. You should make your own topic for it instead.

Cupcake_Pup
Scratcher
500+ posts

kenny2scratch wrote:

Welcome to the public Scratch Wiki forum topic!

We recommend that before you post anything, you read the Community Portal archives to see if your question has been answered. There are also FAQs below.

Types of posts that are cool

• Asking a question about the Wiki
  • Answering a question someone has asked
  • Constructive criticism on how the Wiki can improve (e.g. “I think this could be better like this” or “you're missing something here”)
  • General suggestions

Types of posts that aren't cool

Anything that doesn't follow Community Guidelines is not okay for here, including:
  • Disrespectful posts
  • Posts with inappropriate content
  • Spam or advertisements - keep that in the Show and Tell forum
  • Destructive criticism (e.g. “the Wiki is stupid!” or “my account request was rejected! you're the worst people in the world”)

FAQs

Q: I have a Scratch account! Why can't I sign in/edit the wiki?
A: You cannot edit/sign in because a Scratch account does not correspond to a Scratch Wiki account. You need to request for a Scratch Wiki account to edit. You can do so here: S:JOIN

Q: Why is the header color different than the Scratch header?
A: The Scratch Wiki is independently run, and is on different servers and a different domain. To distinguish the main website from the Wiki, the (default*) header color is different between the two sites.
* Logged in users are able to change the color of the header to their liking.

Q: How do I become an EW/admin/bureaucrat?
A: EWs are elected, usually every one to two years. Administrators are appointed by current administrators and/or bureaucrats, which typically happens during an election as well. Bureaucrats are either Scratch Team members or appointed (but far more infrequently - there has been a total of one occasion of bureaucrats being appointed in history).

Credit to NYCDOT for the original FAQs and idea.

Have fun!

Make your post now! We welcome questions and suggestions of any kind

Credit to asqwde for the idea for this topic
Cat Blocks!

A kid who used this website when they were 8-10, came back as a 13 year old!