Discuss Scratch

jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Wiki Community Portal - in the forums!

Cola22378 wrote:

u should make a page about the SOSC scratch object show community information here
We don't create articles about Scratchers or projects (with very few exceptions), and this also extends to studios (or other Scratcher-generated content). The only exceptions I'm aware of for studios are:
  • The Scratch Design Studio (because this is a program sponsored by the Scratch Team)
  • The studio formerly known as the Animation Hall of Fame, and in that case we really only document the issue of the trademark complaints, not the studio itself beyond what led to the trademark complaints

jvvg
Professional web developer who first learned programming in Scratch
Administrator and lead engineer on the Scratch Wiki
46009361
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Wiki Community Portal - in the forums!

Scratch Design Studio says (near the top) the wrong theme, which should be Alien Invasion. I've cleared my cache and purged the page many times.

Last edited by 46009361 (April 2, 2021 17:37:37)


Inspired by coder2045—which, in turn, got inspired by Mr_PenguinAlex.
What's wrong with these blocks? There are zero mistakes because no round has started yet. Beware that some of the mistakes don't relate to the Scratch blocks below.
// No round has started yet.
Be the first to comment all of the mistakes on my profile correctly and you'll get a love! You can't comment any mistakes right now because there are none!
46009361
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Wiki Community Portal - in the forums!

Scratch Team#Members is not following the following part of Scratch Wiki:Guidelines#An advertising hub:

The Scratch Wiki wrote:

If a username is mentioned (e.g. the creator of a Scratch Modification) do not make a link to that user's Scratch profile or Wiki user page.

Inspired by coder2045—which, in turn, got inspired by Mr_PenguinAlex.
What's wrong with these blocks? There are zero mistakes because no round has started yet. Beware that some of the mistakes don't relate to the Scratch blocks below.
// No round has started yet.
Be the first to comment all of the mistakes on my profile correctly and you'll get a love! You can't comment any mistakes right now because there are none!
dhfbei8987
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Wiki Community Portal - in the forums!

When you're signed out, the pages still are April Fools' ones.

An advocate for, well, a lot of stuff.

TODAY's hot debate topic: Should we return in-person or no?

The semicolon is back, but not because it's April fools.

proud owner of shadesofllfe, a namesnipe.


Oi Boiz Im 87th 70th in suggestions!



In a world where a majority are against me…
I STAND TO FIGHT BACK AN PROVE THEM WRONG!!!
An animation, to release in a few months…

500 posts yay!
1000 posts WOOHOO!
LEARN HOW TO MAKE A THUMBNAIL HERE

My WIWO might be a trend?!!!



Working on my website.



How Did I acquire @cheddagirl's old Signature???!!!!!



nt149
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch Wiki Community Portal - in the forums!

dhfbei8987 wrote:

When you're signed out, the pages still are April Fools' ones.
Try clicking “Purge cache” on the sidebar (below where it says “For Editors”), or try hard refreshing the page you were on (on Chrome it's usually Ctrl + F5 or Ctrl + Fn + F5 depending on your keyboard).

PoIygon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Wiki Community Portal - in the forums!

Your missing the updated version of the catblocks editor over here can you replace the link so 2020 is 2021?

46009361
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Wiki Community Portal - in the forums!

nt149 wrote:

dhfbei8987 wrote:

When you're signed out, the pages still are April Fools' ones.
Try clicking “Purge cache” on the sidebar (below where it says “For Editors”), or try hard refreshing the page you were on (on Chrome it's usually Ctrl + F5 or Ctrl + Fn + F5 depending on your keyboard).
To purge the server cache, add ?action=purge at the end of the URL (remove # and anything after it first).

Inspired by coder2045—which, in turn, got inspired by Mr_PenguinAlex.
What's wrong with these blocks? There are zero mistakes because no round has started yet. Beware that some of the mistakes don't relate to the Scratch blocks below.
// No round has started yet.
Be the first to comment all of the mistakes on my profile correctly and you'll get a love! You can't comment any mistakes right now because there are none!
jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Wiki Community Portal - in the forums!

nt149 wrote:

dhfbei8987 wrote:

When you're signed out, the pages still are April Fools' ones.
Try clicking “Purge cache” on the sidebar (below where it says “For Editors”), or try hard refreshing the page you were on (on Chrome it's usually Ctrl + F5 or Ctrl + Fn + F5 depending on your keyboard).
I have purged the parser cache for all April Fools' pages, so it should be fixed now.

PoIygon wrote:

Your missing the updated version of the catblocks editor over here can you replace the link so 2020 is 2021?
I added a new link, as other things have also changed in the editor in the meantime.

jvvg
Professional web developer who first learned programming in Scratch
Administrator and lead engineer on the Scratch Wiki
mybearworld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Wiki Community Portal - in the forums!

mybearworld wrote:

I was browsing the scratch wiki, and got to the french wiki. Though… I found an interesting topic for a forbidden thing: An Extension.
It is a pretty popular one, but I don't want to name it. “Scratch ______”.
It shouldn't be there, so… remove it.

Scratch added a Getting Started tutorial for deaf people!
bobcat0701
Scratcher
500+ posts

Scratch Wiki Community Portal - in the forums!

dhfbei8987 wrote:

When you're signed out, the pages still are April Fools' ones.
Its the same for me when i'm signed in.
46009361
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Wiki Community Portal - in the forums!

mybearworld wrote:

mybearworld wrote:

I was browsing the scratch wiki, and got to the french wiki. Though… I found an interesting topic for a forbidden thing: An Extension.
It is a pretty popular one, but I don't want to name it. “Scratch ______”.
It shouldn't be there, so… remove it.
Speaking of that, I see a page that is not allowed: User:Makethebrainhappy/IsOnline.

How is this the 2222nd post of this thread, anyway?

Last edited by 46009361 (April 3, 2021 18:03:33)


Inspired by coder2045—which, in turn, got inspired by Mr_PenguinAlex.
What's wrong with these blocks? There are zero mistakes because no round has started yet. Beware that some of the mistakes don't relate to the Scratch blocks below.
// No round has started yet.
Be the first to comment all of the mistakes on my profile correctly and you'll get a love! You can't comment any mistakes right now because there are none!
bobcat0701
Scratcher
500+ posts

Scratch Wiki Community Portal - in the forums!

46009361 wrote:

mybearworld wrote:

mybearworld wrote:

I was browsing the scratch wiki, and got to the french wiki. Though… I found an interesting topic for a forbidden thing: An Extension.
It is a pretty popular one, but I don't want to name it. “Scratch ______”.
It shouldn't be there, so… remove it.
Speaking of that, I see a page that is not allowed: User:Makethebrainhappy/IsOnline.
I will edit the article and imform makethebrainhappy
samq64
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Wiki Community Portal - in the forums!

According to this article there are currently two Scratch Design Studios. I was wondering it there are actually two of them or if it was an April Foo's joke or if you just forgot to update it?

The Scratch Design Studio (commonly abbreviated SDS) is a themed studio, featured on the Front Page, that is changed approximately every six weeks. These themes can range from holiday celebrations to underwater scenes, sports, and much more. The current theme is Colorless.
There have currently been a total of 132 themes. The current one is:
Alien Invasion (Oh no, it looks like a group of aliens have taken over this studio! Blrbbrbrlbb blrbrrlbb blrbrrlb!)

Last edited by samq64 (April 3, 2021 16:46:01)

jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Wiki Community Portal - in the forums!

samq64 wrote:

According to this article there are currently two Scratch Design Studios. I was wondering it there are actually two of them or if it was an April Foo's joke or if you just forgot to update it?
It has been updated. Thanks for letting us know.

jvvg
Professional web developer who first learned programming in Scratch
Administrator and lead engineer on the Scratch Wiki
BarelySmooth
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Wiki Community Portal - in the forums!

jvvg wrote:

samq64 wrote:

According to this article there are currently two Scratch Design Studios. I was wondering it there are actually two of them or if it was an April Foo's joke or if you just forgot to update it?
It has been updated. Thanks for letting us know.
But what about Colorless?

Last edited by BarelySmooth (April 3, 2021 16:55:51)


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - This is my signature. It appears after all my posts! - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


BarelySmooth

404. That's an error.

The requested signature was not found under this post.
That's all we want you to know.
samq64
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Wiki Community Portal - in the forums!

PUNNAMOODU wrote:

jvvg wrote:

samq64 wrote:

According to this article there are currently two Scratch Design Studios. I was wondering it there are actually two of them or if it was an April Foo's joke or if you just forgot to update it?
It has been updated. Thanks for letting us know.
But what about Colorless?
That's what I was wondering. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Last edited by samq64 (April 3, 2021 16:58:49)

BarelySmooth
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Wiki Community Portal - in the forums!

samq64 wrote:

-snip
That's what I was wondering. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

The Alien Invasion studio is front-paged but the Colorless studio was created just 3 days earlier.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - This is my signature. It appears after all my posts! - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


BarelySmooth

404. That's an error.

The requested signature was not found under this post.
That's all we want you to know.
46009361
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Wiki Community Portal - in the forums!

PUNNAMOODU wrote:

samq64 wrote:

-snip
That's what I was wondering. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

The Alien Invasion studio is front-paged but the Colorless studio was created just 3 days earlier.
Yes, the Scratch Design Studio doesn't get front-paged right after it's created. Of course, the account @ScratchDesignStudio still creates each studio.

Inspired by coder2045—which, in turn, got inspired by Mr_PenguinAlex.
What's wrong with these blocks? There are zero mistakes because no round has started yet. Beware that some of the mistakes don't relate to the Scratch blocks below.
// No round has started yet.
Be the first to comment all of the mistakes on my profile correctly and you'll get a love! You can't comment any mistakes right now because there are none!
mybearworld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Wiki Community Portal - in the forums!

https://en.scratch-wiki.info/wiki/Image_Hosting#Host_List is wrong - you can't host all pictures on scratch.mit.edu, for example the messages icon.

Scratch added a Getting Started tutorial for deaf people!
BarelySmooth
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Wiki Community Portal - in the forums!

Question: Should references go above or below external links?

On this page, it says References should be “just above” external links:


but on most pages:


I don't know if I'm misinterpreting things.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - This is my signature. It appears after all my posts! - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


BarelySmooth

404. That's an error.

The requested signature was not found under this post.
That's all we want you to know.

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile