Discuss Scratch

Supermariofan432
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch Wiki Community Portal - in the forums!

How about “how to make a rhythm game?” plz

Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Wiki Community Portal - in the forums!

Hello - I would like to request that some of the wording on this article be changed: https://en.scratch-wiki.info/wiki/Collaboration_Accounts

The article seems to be stating that shared/collaboration accounts are simply “discouraged” by the Scratch Team (which many interpret that they are actually allowed), when in fact such accounts are not allowed, and will be blocked. I have recently seen some confusion from another Scratcher who seemed to think that shared accounts are allowed, but simply “discouraged.”

The only exception is shared accounts made by immediate family members (such as brother/sister or parent/child) — these sorts of shared accounts are allowed. Shared accounts between a teacher and their students are not allowed. Shared accounts between two cousins are not allowed. Shared accounts between two friends who know each other in real life are not allowed. Shared accounts between two Scratchers who don't know each other in real life are not allowed.

I'm not sure if other Scratch Team members handle these sorts of accounts differently, but I know that I just block any shared accounts that I see, not necessarily asking them to convert it to a single-user account. (Often these users already have a single-user account, so they are welcome to use those accounts to use Scratch.)

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

I was a Scratch Team member from May 10th 2019 to October 29th 2021.

my notebook | scratch team essay
46009361
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Wiki Community Portal - in the forums!

Za-Chary wrote:

Hello - I would like to request that some of the wording on this article be changed: https://en.scratch-wiki.info/wiki/Collaboration_Accounts

The article seems to be stating that shared/collaboration accounts are simply “discouraged” by the Scratch Team (which many interpret that they are actually allowed), when in fact such accounts are not allowed, and will be blocked. I have recently seen some confusion from another Scratcher who seemed to think that shared accounts are allowed, but simply “discouraged.”

The only exception is shared accounts made by immediate family members (such as brother/sister or parent/child) — these sorts of shared accounts are allowed. Shared accounts between a teacher and their students are not allowed. Shared accounts between two cousins are not allowed. Shared accounts between two friends who know each other in real life are not allowed. Shared accounts between two Scratchers who don't know each other in real life are not allowed.

I'm not sure if other Scratch Team members handle these sorts of accounts differently, but I know that I just block any shared accounts that I see, not necessarily asking them to convert it to a single-user account. (Often these users already have a single-user account, so they are welcome to use those accounts to use Scratch.)
The references linking to Paddle2See's posts are literally quoted with the word “discouraged” instead and because of “I'm not sure if other Scratch Team members handle these sorts of accounts differently”:

Paddle2See wrote:

A teacher makes the students use only one account - is that okay?
It is discouraged, because if one student broke the community guidelines, the entire class would lose their account.
Of course, if one student broke the community guidelines, the entire class would lose their account and the teacher may have no idea that they shouldn't create another account to work around the block. The Student and Teacher Accounts system can be used instead. I would definitely agree with the last part, especially since they're not sharing a computer if they don't already know each other IRL:

Za-Chary wrote:

Shared accounts between two Scratchers who don't know each other in real life are not allowed.
Now, I already know that the following below can happen, regardless of who the account is being shared with:

Paddle2See wrote:

A problem with using shared collaboration accounts is that there is no clear record of who did what parts of the project - and there are no backup versions of the project if something gets messed up.

Last edited by 46009361 (March 7, 2021 04:11:44)


Inspired by coder2045—which, in turn, got inspired by Mr_PenguinAlex.
What's wrong with these blocks? There are zero mistakes because no round has started yet. Beware that some of the mistakes don't relate to the Scratch blocks below.
// No round has started yet.
Be the first to comment all of the mistakes on my profile correctly and you'll get a love! You can't comment any mistakes right now because there are none!
jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Wiki Community Portal - in the forums!

Za-Chary wrote:

Hello - I would like to request that some of the wording on this article be changed: https://en.scratch-wiki.info/wiki/Collaboration_Accounts

The article seems to be stating that shared/collaboration accounts are simply “discouraged” by the Scratch Team (which many interpret that they are actually allowed), when in fact such accounts are not allowed, and will be blocked. I have recently seen some confusion from another Scratcher who seemed to think that shared accounts are allowed, but simply “discouraged.”

The only exception is shared accounts made by immediate family members (such as brother/sister or parent/child) — these sorts of shared accounts are allowed. Shared accounts between a teacher and their students are not allowed. Shared accounts between two cousins are not allowed. Shared accounts between two friends who know each other in real life are not allowed. Shared accounts between two Scratchers who don't know each other in real life are not allowed.

I'm not sure if other Scratch Team members handle these sorts of accounts differently, but I know that I just block any shared accounts that I see, not necessarily asking them to convert it to a single-user account. (Often these users already have a single-user account, so they are welcome to use those accounts to use Scratch.)
I have updated the article (using your post as a reference) to explicitly say collaboration accounts are not allowed, and I also added a warning at the top.


Professional web developer and lead engineer on the Scratch Wiki
Maybe the Scratch Team isn't so bad
Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Wiki Community Portal - in the forums!

jvvg wrote:

I have updated the article (using your post as a reference) to explicitly say collaboration accounts are not allowed, and I also added a warning at the top.
Looks great, thank you!

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

I was a Scratch Team member from May 10th 2019 to October 29th 2021.

my notebook | scratch team essay
dertermenter
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Wiki Community Portal - in the forums!

Za-Chary wrote:

jvvg wrote:

I have updated the article (using your post as a reference) to explicitly say collaboration accounts are not allowed, and I also added a warning at the top.
Looks great, thank you!
People think this as the FAQ said they are discouraged. Can you please update the FAQ then?
jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Wiki Community Portal - in the forums!

dertermenter wrote:

Za-Chary wrote:

jvvg wrote:

I have updated the article (using your post as a reference) to explicitly say collaboration accounts are not allowed, and I also added a warning at the top.
Looks great, thank you!
People think this as the FAQ said they are discouraged. Can you please update the FAQ then?
The FAQ says this for me:
Is it OK to have more than one person logged into an account?
This is not allowed because the website and project editor can easily get confused when more than one person is logged in to the same account.


Professional web developer and lead engineer on the Scratch Wiki
Maybe the Scratch Team isn't so bad
Scratchy697
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Wiki Community Portal - in the forums!

How do you make a wiki redirect to a website outside of scratch wiki?
or you can't do that?

46009361
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Wiki Community Portal - in the forums!

Za-Chary wrote:

-snip-
Looks great, thank you!
The page Collaboration (group) still says discouraged:

The Scratch Wiki wrote:

A common structure of having all of the members share a single account is frowned upon and highly discouraged by the Scratch Team, and could lead to a block of that account. Instead, it is recommended that the users remix existing projects by other members of the collaboration. The owner of the collaboration account can then put the final result on it.

Last edited by 46009361 (March 8, 2021 05:05:35)


Inspired by coder2045—which, in turn, got inspired by Mr_PenguinAlex.
What's wrong with these blocks? There are zero mistakes because no round has started yet. Beware that some of the mistakes don't relate to the Scratch blocks below.
// No round has started yet.
Be the first to comment all of the mistakes on my profile correctly and you'll get a love! You can't comment any mistakes right now because there are none!
dogsmakemehappy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Wiki Community Portal - in the forums!

46009361 wrote:

Za-Chary wrote:

-snip-
Looks great, thank you!
The page Collaboration (group) still says discouraged:

The Scratch Wiki wrote:

A common structure of having all of the members share a single account is frowned upon and highly discouraged by the Scratch Team, and could lead to a block of that account. Instead, it is recommended that the users remix existing projects by other members of the collaboration. The owner of the collaboration account can then put the final result on it.
Done. However, can someone do the reference from za-charys post?

Use SHS (Shiny Hunting Simulator)
a realistic shiny pokemon hunting simulator. to use, go here.
I am Dogsmakemehappy (Github) A
Dog Lover - Minecraft player - Forum Helper - Wiki Editor
jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Wiki Community Portal - in the forums!

Scratchy697 wrote:

How do you make a wiki redirect to a website outside of scratch wiki?
or you can't do that?
You can only redirect to specific sites, per our interwiki table. For example, you can do this to redirect to a Wikipedia article:
#REDIRECT [[wikipedia:Wikipedia Article Name]]

You can also redirect to pages on the Scratch site, for example:
#REDIRECT [[projects:463724280]]

See the Interwiki table I linked earlier for a full list of available sites.

I made an Interwiki redirect in my sandbox as a proof of concept.

That being said, I don't know any situation where there would be a legitimate use case of that on the Wiki (outside of userspace), but if you have one in mind let us know.


Professional web developer and lead engineer on the Scratch Wiki
Maybe the Scratch Team isn't so bad
46009361
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Wiki Community Portal - in the forums!

dogsmakemehappy wrote:

46009361 wrote:

Za-Chary wrote:

-snip-
Looks great, thank you!
The page Collaboration (group) still says discouraged:

The Scratch Wiki wrote:

A common structure of having all of the members share a single account is frowned upon and highly discouraged by the Scratch Team, and could lead to a block of that account. Instead, it is recommended that the users remix existing projects by other members of the collaboration. The owner of the collaboration account can then put the final result on it.
Done. However, can someone do the reference from za-charys post?
The edit is not fully done yet. Please do the following:
  1. Mention that collaboration accounts with immediate family members are allowed
  2. Change “could” to “will”
  3. Change the reference post ID from 1036678 to 4967646

Inspired by coder2045—which, in turn, got inspired by Mr_PenguinAlex.
What's wrong with these blocks? There are zero mistakes because no round has started yet. Beware that some of the mistakes don't relate to the Scratch blocks below.
// No round has started yet.
Be the first to comment all of the mistakes on my profile correctly and you'll get a love! You can't comment any mistakes right now because there are none!
Flowermanvista
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Wiki Community Portal - in the forums!

Note: I am not a Wiki editor.

I don't know if anyone else was getting this, but while looking at the revision history for some pages, I was getting this weird issue where trying to navigate around the revision list (going to a different page, changing the number of revisions per page) just took me back to the most recent revision of the page. However, purging the cache on each affected page fixed it for some reason. Does anyone know anything else about this?

Last edited by Flowermanvista (March 9, 2021 02:08:29)


The Scratch 3 Project Save Troubleshooter - find out why your project won't save

ST, Please Add A Warning When A Size Limit Is Exceeded

My Dumb Creations - THE BEST ANIMATION | The Windows 98 Experience (made on Windows 98) | nobody cares about Me… | the2000 Reveals Their New Profile Picture | Not Dumb Creations - Ten Years

Ctrl+Shift+Down for more…
Do evil kumquats keep eating your signature? Assert your dominance and eat the evil kumquats. Did you know that kumquats are only about the size of an olive?

Want to put a high-quality video in your project with better results than you can get from any GIF converter? Ask me on my profile and I can hook you up.
emirgokay
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Wiki Community Portal - in the forums!

Hello

Scratchy697
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Wiki Community Portal - in the forums!

46009361
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Wiki Community Portal - in the forums!

Scratchy697 wrote:

Should this bit.ly link i found on the wiki be removed?
Or at least changed to the real Scratch 500 error page. Why was a URL shortener even used?

Inspired by coder2045—which, in turn, got inspired by Mr_PenguinAlex.
What's wrong with these blocks? There are zero mistakes because no round has started yet. Beware that some of the mistakes don't relate to the Scratch blocks below.
// No round has started yet.
Be the first to comment all of the mistakes on my profile correctly and you'll get a love! You can't comment any mistakes right now because there are none!
kenny2scratch
Scratcher
500+ posts

Scratch Wiki Community Portal - in the forums!

Scratchy697 wrote:

Should this bit.ly link i found on the wiki be removed?
Yes, I've replaced it with its destination, thanks.

post brought to you by the preview links bug and previously the uploads site bug. 看一下中文 Scratch 維基想參加?請參考這頁
Join the Scratch Wiki!
Made by Scratchers, for Scratchers, since December 6, 2008

46009361
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Wiki Community Portal - in the forums!

46009361 wrote:

The edit is not fully done yet. Please do the following:
  1. Mention that collaboration accounts with immediate family members are allowed
  2. Change “could” to “will”
  3. Change the reference post ID from 1036678 to 4967646
jvvg already did it.

Last edited by 46009361 (March 9, 2021 16:51:23)


Inspired by coder2045—which, in turn, got inspired by Mr_PenguinAlex.
What's wrong with these blocks? There are zero mistakes because no round has started yet. Beware that some of the mistakes don't relate to the Scratch blocks below.
// No round has started yet.
Be the first to comment all of the mistakes on my profile correctly and you'll get a love! You can't comment any mistakes right now because there are none!
punyamalik
Scratcher
2 posts

Scratch Wiki Community Portal - in the forums!

\]\/\

Last edited by punyamalik (March 10, 2021 00:34:18)

punyamalik
Scratcher
2 posts

Scratch Wiki Community Portal - in the forums!

???????????????????? plsss plsss

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile