Discuss Scratch

Haz-_-
Scratcher
500+ posts

"closed" instead of grey font

So you know when those topics get closed it's like highlighted in grey
Well why can't we make it; so that when the ST closes a topic it'll be the topics name highlighted grey and next to it, it'll say (closed)
So that way new people won't get confused about the grey color.

Last edited by Haz-_- (March 11, 2018 21:10:45)



 continue this hashtag if you live in australia [img]http://u.cubeupload.com/rabbitcarrots/FEDB1435D41540BFB9FB.jpeg[/img] is the image code xD oh and btw this siggy is from @Hellounicorns2    :cool:
PrincessFlowerTV
Scratcher
1000+ posts

"closed" instead of grey font

Haz-_- wrote:

So you know when those topics get closed it's like highlighted in grey
Well why can't we make it; so that when the ST closes a topic it'll be highlighted grey and it'll say (closed)
So that way new people won't get confused about the grey color.
Support.
I think I was confused about what the grey-text posts were when I started scratch,
so adding this will clear confusion.
dude341
Scratcher
1000+ posts

"closed" instead of grey font

No support.
Most users when they join Scratch (if they even find the forums) will know what the grey text means as on most websites and apps it means something is unavailable, and “(closed)” would be harder to see than grey text.

Signature.


“And there is another company out there, who doesn't care what you do, as long as YOU do it on their operating system”(implying Microsoft) -Reggie Fils-Aimé from Nintendo
DaEpikDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

"closed" instead of grey font

dude341 wrote:

No support.
Most users when they join Scratch (if they even find the forums) will know what the grey text means as on most websites and apps it means something is unavailable, and “(closed)” would be harder to see than grey text.
The suggestion is for both the grey text AND closed.

“You can buy everything except love, friendship and experience points.”
- Topolla Theatre Manager
Haz-_-
Scratcher
500+ posts

"closed" instead of grey font

dude341 wrote:

No support.
Most users when they join Scratch (if they even find the forums) will know what the grey text means as on most websites and apps it means something is unavailable, and “(closed)” would be harder to see than grey text.
Well it's not that hard to code plus Not all scratchers will know what it means and also did read it properly? I meant it to be grey and Have the word (closed)

Last edited by Haz-_- (Feb. 26, 2018 04:36:38)



 continue this hashtag if you live in australia [img]http://u.cubeupload.com/rabbitcarrots/FEDB1435D41540BFB9FB.jpeg[/img] is the image code xD oh and btw this siggy is from @Hellounicorns2    :cool:
Haz-_-
Scratcher
500+ posts

"closed" instead of grey font

PrincessFlowerTV wrote:

Haz-_- wrote:

So you know when those topics get closed it's like highlighted in grey
Well why can't we make it; so that when the ST closes a topic it'll be highlighted grey and it'll say (closed)
So that way new people won't get confused about the grey color.
Support.
I think I was confused about what the grey-text posts were when I started scratch,
so adding this will clear confusion.
thanks


 continue this hashtag if you live in australia [img]http://u.cubeupload.com/rabbitcarrots/FEDB1435D41540BFB9FB.jpeg[/img] is the image code xD oh and btw this siggy is from @Hellounicorns2    :cool:
Haz-_-
Scratcher
500+ posts

"closed" instead of grey font

Bump


 continue this hashtag if you live in australia [img]http://u.cubeupload.com/rabbitcarrots/FEDB1435D41540BFB9FB.jpeg[/img] is the image code xD oh and btw this siggy is from @Hellounicorns2    :cool:
BaconAndEggs1School
Scratcher
500+ posts

"closed" instead of grey font

It's quick to add, yeah, but I think any Scratchers curious as to what it means will click on the link and find out. I think it's good that it's just the grey ‘cause that would help to encourage new forum users to get acquainted with how it works. Not that it’s the end of the world adding a little (closed), I see how that helps out, but I'm more on the route of just keeping it as is because a) the curiosity as mentioned b) it'll tend to be familiar with a lot of people due to its general application like pointed out by @dude341 and c) it may end up making the formatting look a little clumsy. I also don't know how flexible DjangoBB is with these changes, but I'm really ignorant as to how that works in general.

Buffek
Scratcher
100+ posts

"closed" instead of grey font

Support, because it would stop new scratchers from making posts like: “I can't reply to a post but I can reply to others HELP!!!”

My signature is completly kumquat-proo… NOM NOM NOM CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP
Am I the only one that hasn't got an April Fools avatar?



Yee
Botcho_Otkho
Scratcher
1000+ posts

"closed" instead of grey font

Support,it's confusing for new scratchers.

IMPORTANT! READ:
Don't write things someone already said. It's useless.
If you want to point a duplicate, please don't write just “Duplicate” when you don't have the link. At least say that you can't do it because -reasons-. Writing it and then going away does not help.
Don't write “I agree”, “this” or just quote without adding something constructive. It doesn't help.
No supporting because “you can do this elsewhere” is not a valid reason. If it was, the suggestion forum wouldn't exist because you can do everything elsewhere.
A simple workaround is not, never was and will never be a reason to no-support a suggestion. There are plenty of blocks with simple workarounds in Scratch right now, and there's a reason if the ST still added them.
No supporting because “it can turn into a competition” is not a reason, since it can happen everywhere (such as follows). Post count: 1900+
dude341
Scratcher
1000+ posts

"closed" instead of grey font

Haz-_- wrote:

dude341 wrote:

No support.
Most users when they join Scratch (if they even find the forums) will know what the grey text means as on most websites and apps it means something is unavailable, and “(closed)” would be harder to see than grey text.
Well it's not that hard to code plus Not all scratchers will know what it means and also did read it properly? I meant it to be grey and Have the word (closed)
If they don't know what it means, then they will either soon find out or they will ask someone. Changing to 75% support.

Signature.


“And there is another company out there, who doesn't care what you do, as long as YOU do it on their operating system”(implying Microsoft) -Reggie Fils-Aimé from Nintendo
Haz-_-
Scratcher
500+ posts

"closed" instead of grey font

dude341 wrote:

Haz-_- wrote:

dude341 wrote:

No support.
Most users when they join Scratch (if they even find the forums) will know what the grey text means as on most websites and apps it means something is unavailable, and “(closed)” would be harder to see than grey text.
Well it's not that hard to code plus Not all scratchers will know what it means and also did read it properly? I meant it to be grey and Have the word (closed)
If they don't know what it means, then they will either soon find out or they will ask someone. Changing to 75% support.
Yeah I guess…


 continue this hashtag if you live in australia [img]http://u.cubeupload.com/rabbitcarrots/FEDB1435D41540BFB9FB.jpeg[/img] is the image code xD oh and btw this siggy is from @Hellounicorns2    :cool:
jokebookservice1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

"closed" instead of grey font

I think that this would be a good addition; and dude341, while I appreciate the current state isn't too bad, it's not very good to highlight the closed state with just colour, as people who have difficulty discerning colours should be able to easily tell whether a forum thread is open. I don't think anything on the site should ever be using exclusively colour to transmit information.

In addition, for users who can discern between the blue and the grey, it does no harm to clarify what it means (i.e. it has a benefit – new users will know what it means [bear in mind, some users aren't allowed to use sites external to Scratch due to issues of moderation from their parents], but you have failed to show an issue with adding this clarification )
dude341
Scratcher
1000+ posts

"closed" instead of grey font

jokebookservice1 wrote:

I think that this would be a good addition; and dude341, while I appreciate the current state isn't too bad, it's not very good to highlight the closed state with just colour, as people who have difficulty discerning colours should be able to easily tell whether a forum thread is open. I don't think anything on the site should ever be using exclusively colour to transmit information.

In addition, for users who can discern between the blue and the grey, it does no harm to clarify what it means (i.e. it has a benefit – new users will know what it means [bear in mind, some users aren't allowed to use sites external to Scratch due to issues of moderation from their parents], but you have failed to show an issue with adding this clarification )
True. I forgot about people with colour blindness. 100% support.

Signature.


“And there is another company out there, who doesn't care what you do, as long as YOU do it on their operating system”(implying Microsoft) -Reggie Fils-Aimé from Nintendo
Haz-_-
Scratcher
500+ posts

"closed" instead of grey font

Bump


 continue this hashtag if you live in australia [img]http://u.cubeupload.com/rabbitcarrots/FEDB1435D41540BFB9FB.jpeg[/img] is the image code xD oh and btw this siggy is from @Hellounicorns2    :cool:
hello-test
Scratcher
5 posts

"closed" instead of grey font

Yep- support. At first I had no idea why some of the topics are grey!

This is the test account for hellounicorns2. I have over 1500 posts there! Want to see a few test projects, mainly made using pen? Go to this profile at @hello-test!!!
Testing scratchblocks zone
————————————-
when i say hey :: #000000 hat
Test (lol (lol (lol (lol (lol (lol (lol (lol (lol (lol (lol (lol (lol (lol (lol (lol (lol (lol (lol (lol :: #000000 stack) :: #000000 stack) :: #000000 stack) :: #000000 stack) :: #000000 stack) :: #000000 stack) :: #000000 stack) :: #000000 stack) :: #000000 stack) :: #000000 stack) :: #000000 stack) :: #000000 stack) :: #000000 stack) :: #000000 stack) :: #000000 stack) :: #000000 stack) :: #000000 stack) :: #000000 stack) :: #000000 stack) :: #000000 stack) :: #000000
Haz-_-
Scratcher
500+ posts

"closed" instead of grey font

hello-test wrote:

Yep- support. At first I had no idea why some of the topics are grey!
Thanks


 continue this hashtag if you live in australia [img]http://u.cubeupload.com/rabbitcarrots/FEDB1435D41540BFB9FB.jpeg[/img] is the image code xD oh and btw this siggy is from @Hellounicorns2    :cool:
Haz-_-
Scratcher
500+ posts

"closed" instead of grey font

Bump

Last edited by Haz-_- (Feb. 28, 2018 09:09:59)



 continue this hashtag if you live in australia [img]http://u.cubeupload.com/rabbitcarrots/FEDB1435D41540BFB9FB.jpeg[/img] is the image code xD oh and btw this siggy is from @Hellounicorns2    :cool:
Haz-_-
Scratcher
500+ posts

"closed" instead of grey font

Bump


 continue this hashtag if you live in australia [img]http://u.cubeupload.com/rabbitcarrots/FEDB1435D41540BFB9FB.jpeg[/img] is the image code xD oh and btw this siggy is from @Hellounicorns2    :cool:
Haz-_-
Scratcher
500+ posts

"closed" instead of grey font

Bump


 continue this hashtag if you live in australia [img]http://u.cubeupload.com/rabbitcarrots/FEDB1435D41540BFB9FB.jpeg[/img] is the image code xD oh and btw this siggy is from @Hellounicorns2    :cool:

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile