39 posts

The Global Broadcast Workplace

Write your articles here! Workers!
-Cuteii-
Scratcher
39 posts

2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics Snowboarding: Women’s Halfpipe
The2018 Winter Olympics Snowboarding event: Women’s Halfpipe was really fun to watch. All the athletes that was completing in Women’s Halfpipe were amazing but only 3 could get medals. First, the athletes had to do a Ladies HP Qualification Run 1. 17 year old Chloe Kim from the US gets first in Ladies HP Qualification Run 1 with a high score of 91.50! 2nd place in Ladies HP Qualification Run 1 is JiaYu Liu from China with a score of 87.75! 3rd place

(WIP)

Last edited by -Cuteii- (Feb. 18, 2018 16:04:46)

sprinkelz
Scratcher
40 posts

wait, what exactly is this forum?
-Cuteii-
Scratcher
39 posts

sprinkelz wrote:

wait, what exactly is this forum?

Well if you want to apply go to here: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/292284/
-Cuteii-
Scratcher
39 posts

The2018 Winter Olympics Snowboarding event: Women’s Halfpipe was really fun to watch. All the athletes that was completing in Women’s Halfpipe were amazing but only 3 could get medals.The event begun on Febuary, 11. First, the athletes had to do a Ladies HP Qualification Run 1. 17 year old Chloe Kim from the US gets first in Ladies HP Qualification Run 1 with a high score of 91.50! 2nd place in Ladies HP Qualification Run 1 is JiaYu Liu from China with a score of 87.75! 3rd place is Maddie Mastro from the US with a score of 83.75! Last place in Ladies HP Qualification Run 1 is Hikaru Oe , from Japan, which is 24th place with a score of 10.00. Isn’t it a terrible score? Well, yes compared to the athletes but no to normal people. Tell you this, the athletes trained 4 years to make it to the Olympics. Honestly, Hikaru Oe was amazing! In the Ladies HQ Qualification Run 2, 12 people made it to the next round. They are, Chloe Kim from USA, JiaYu Liu from China, Haruna Matsumoto from Japan etc. In the Final Run 1, Chloe Kim, JiaYu Liu, and Kelly Clark get 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place! However, there are still 2 more final runs to show the results. This time in the Final Run 2, Chloe Kim, JiaYu Liu, and Kelly Clark got 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place again! Can they defend their scores? Let’s find out! Well, you probably would want to hear the results. Drumroll please! 3rd place is …. drumroll please, Arielle Gold from the US! 2nd place is….. drumroll please, JiaYu Liu from China! 1st place is, (well, you probably already guessed but) the amazing Chloe Kim from the US! We hoped you liked our article!

Last edited by -Cuteii- (Feb. 23, 2018 21:42:23)

saintl20
Scratcher
32 posts

NATHAN SAWAYA AND HIS LEGO SCULPTURES

Sculptures have been a form of art ever since the invention of art itself. There have been many sculptors such as Michelangelo and Leonardo Da Vinci, but new kinds of sculptures are emerging. LegoTM Sculptures have been around for a while now, but have been popularized by Nathan Sawaya. Nathan had a career in law, but has made LegoTM Sculptures for a living since 2004. His sculptures have been going on tours across the U.S. since 2007! His sculptures have very wide variety, ranging from Mt. Rushmore duplicates to life-sized dinosaurs! Some of his most famous works include “Yellow”, “Rebirth of New Orleans”, and “Think!” So although LegoTM sculptures aren't as popular as other forms of art, they are a growing art form. We can definitely expect more in the future. Thank you for reading this article!

2018 The Global Broadcast

Last edited by saintl20 (Feb. 25, 2018 17:33:07)

forever
BUMP!
end
When Creating a signature, you can never think of anything good to say…Unless you put those exact words in it. Great, now I have a signature.
imcoding99
Scratcher
18 posts

Book Review - Spoonful of Murder by Robin Stevens

I have previously read other novels by Robin Stevens, but I think this is by far the best.

When Hazel Wong’s grandfather passes away, she travels to Hong Kong with her best friend Daisy Wells. When Hazel arrives at her home, she is greeted with a nasty surprise - she has a new baby brother. Teddy is given her maid, her room, and when her grandfather’s will is read, he receives a small fortune, while Hazel receives a jade pin.

Later, Hazel loses that pin. Soon, it is found again - sticking out of the dead body of Su Li, Teddy’s maid. Teddy is nowhere to be seen. Can Daisy and Hazel solve yet another mystery?

Rating: 9/10 It kept me hooked throughout all the book. I learnt lots about Hong Kong, and the lifestyle there. It’s impossible to put down (I stayed up for two hours reading it), and you don’t need to read the books before it to enjoy it.

“Everyone's a star. We're all made from stardust.”
saintl20
Scratcher
32 posts

The Global Broadcast-Word Search
This Month-Scratch Theme
S X T H R S S F G G A D J G W O U D C N
C R X X X T N P L L I A O L K K O W B W
H Q O B F N M S H A K T O R V S B H G Z
R G D T O C E L V Q G A D B K U G I B R
M I L I A S W X R I J G B A C I Q H L R
M M T C N R P B Q S G X Z S T L O P J Z
D O S Z S Q E M G T H P N K D K C U Y S
M S P R I T E P R N C H B T S W Y F H S
Z M M P K H B X O E Q P J O J Q R J S K
G N S C G J Y I C V K N A C M I W G L K
X I U U P E V G T E H T R B U I L S E M
E E P A M Q M I E Y N K L B V Y Y M E J
F E C C L Y P Y Y I T T A B E Z E E F U
N D K I H N R H H A W C E Q S W Z F J Z
U M O P N X R I P E M E H R R U X I F Y
R U B C J O J L R U P F K Z C V H B V A
U S M J G C N V F M A Z E I C W N W E T
L J E Q N D Y K J O D R J M D T X P M U
X O D H D W M U K F F S P B Q T Z P C F
A Q A S A A N F Q H B D U H Q U U N U H

DATA
EVENTS
FLAG
MOTION
OPERATORS
PEN
SPRITE

2018 The Global Broadcast

forever
BUMP!
end
When Creating a signature, you can never think of anything good to say…Unless you put those exact words in it. Great, now I have a signature.
-Cuteii-
Scratcher
39 posts

Bump
-Cuteii-
Scratcher
39 posts

The Global Broadcast
Issued date:4/1/18

By:@-Cuteii-
The 2018 Winter Olympics Snowboarding event: Women’s Halfpipe was really fun to watch. All the athletes that was completing in Women’s Halfpipe were amazing but only 3 could get medals.The event begun on Febuary, 11. First, the athletes had to do a Ladies HP Qualification Run 1. 17 year old Chloe Kim from the US gets first in Ladies HP Qualification Run 1 with a high score of 91.50! 2nd place in Ladies HP Qualification Run 1 is JiaYu Liu from China with a score of 87.75! 3rd place is Maddie Mastro from the US with a score of 83.75! Last place in Ladies HP Qualification Run 1 is Hikaru Oe , from Japan, which is 24th place with a score of 10.00. Isn’t it a terrible score? Well, yes compared to the athletes but no to normal people. Tell you this, the athletes trained 4 years to make it to the Olympics. Honestly, Hikaru Oe was amazing! In the Ladies HQ Qualification Run 2, 12 people made it to the next round. They are, Chloe Kim from USA, JiaYu Liu from China, Haruna Matsumoto from Japan etc. In the Final Run 1, Chloe Kim, JiaYu Liu, and Kelly Clark get 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place! However, there are still 2 more final runs to show the results. This time in the Final Run 2, Chloe Kim, JiaYu Liu, and Kelly Clark got 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place again! Can they defend their scores? Let’s find out! Well, you probably would want to hear the results. Drumroll please! 3rd place is …. drumroll please, Arielle Gold from the US! 2nd place is….. drumroll please, JiaYu Liu from China! 1st place is, (well, you probably already guessed but) the amazing Chloe Kim from the US! We hoped you liked our article!

NATHAN SAWAYA AND HIS LEGO SCULPTURES
By:@saintl20

Sculptures have been a form of art ever since the invention of art itself. There have been many sculptors such as Michelangelo and Leonardo Da Vinci, but new kinds of sculptures are emerging. LegoTM Sculptures have been around for a while now, but have been popularized by Nathan Sawaya. Nathan had a career in law, but has made LegoTM Sculptures for a living since 2004. His sculptures have been going on tours across the U.S. since 2007! His sculptures have very wide variety, ranging from Mt. Rushmore duplicates to life-sized dinosaurs! Some of his most famous works include “Yellow”, “Rebirth of New Orleans”, and “Think!” So although LegoTM sculptures aren't as popular as other forms of art, they are a growing art form. We can definitely expect more in the future. Thank you for reading this article!

Book Review - Spoonful of Murder by Robin Stevens
By:@imcoding99

I have previously read other novels by Robin Stevens, but I think this is by far the best.

When Hazel Wong’s grandfather passes away, she travels to Hong Kong with her best friend Daisy Wells. When Hazel arrives at her home, she is greeted with a nasty surprise - she has a new baby brother. Teddy is given her maid, her room, and when her grandfather’s will is read, he receives a small fortune, while Hazel receives a jade pin.

Later, Hazel loses that pin. Soon, it is found again - sticking out of the dead body of Su Li, Teddy’s maid. Teddy is nowhere to be seen. Can Daisy and Hazel solve yet another mystery?

Rating: 9/10 It kept me hooked throughout all the book. I learnt lots about Hong Kong, and the lifestyle there. It’s impossible to put down (I stayed up for two hours reading it), and you don’t need to read the books before it to enjoy it.

Creative Recipe
By:@-Cuteii-

Flower Fruit Plate Cake
Ingredients : 10-12 pedals of 3 different flowers
Cake
2 types of fruit
Sugar
Candle
Match lighter
An open mind
A bit of creativity
Fancy plate(11 inches)
Plastic
Ruler (optional)
Knife

Instructions:
Set out your fancy plate. Choose a type of pedal to use first. Spread it out on the edges of the fancy plate. Take you ruler and measure 1 or 2 inches. Place the 2nd type of flower there. Measure 2 or 3 inches. Place the last set of petals there. Now, there should be 6 or more inches left for the cake. Your cake should be small. The preferred size for the cake is five and a half inches. Place your cake. If it’s too big, cut it. Now, place 1 set of fruit in between the space.Place the other set in the leftover space. Now, this is the fun part. Choose as many types of icing as you want. Then open your mind. Think to yourself for 1 minute for a design on the cake. Be creative! Use the colors to make a design on the cake. You can add extra toppings on the cake! Add decorations to the cake. You can add anything. Take a photo of it. Eat it or, put it in a refrigerator. When you make this next time, think about what you would change.

The Global Broadcast-Word Search
This Month-Scratch Theme

By:@saintl20

S X T H R S S F G G A D J G W O U D C N
C R X X X T N P L L I A O L K K O W B W
H Q O B F N M S H A K T O R V S B H G Z
R G D T O C E L V Q G A D B K U G I B R
M I L I A S W X R I J G B A C I Q H L R
M M T C N R P B Q S G X Z S T L O P J Z
D O S Z S Q E M G T H P N K D K C U Y S
M S P R I T E P R N C H B T S W Y F H S
Z M M P K H B X O E Q P J O J Q R J S K
G N S C G J Y I C V K N A C M I W G L K
X I U U P E V G T E H T R B U I L S E M
E E P A M Q M I E Y N K L B V Y Y M E J
F E C C L Y P Y Y I T T A B E Z E E F U
N D K I H N R H H A W C E Q S W Z F J Z
U M O P N X R I P E M E H R R U X I F Y
R U B C J O J L R U P F K Z C V H B V A
U S M J G C N V F M A Z E I C W N W E T
L J E Q N D Y K J O D R J M D T X P M U
X O D H D W M U K F F S P B Q T Z P C F
A Q A S A A N F Q H B D U H Q U U N U H

DATA
EVENTS
FLAG
MOTION
OPERATORS
PEN
SPRITE

Last edited by -Cuteii- (April 1, 2018 23:51:40)

-Cuteii-
Scratcher
39 posts

Who/what do you want to advertise?
saintl20
Scratcher
32 posts

-Cuteii- wrote:

I would like to advertise @cupcakewinner

forever
BUMP!
end
-Cuteii-
Scratcher
39 posts

saintl20 wrote:

-Cuteii- wrote:

I would like to advertise @cupcakewinner
Okay!
-Cuteii-
Scratcher
39 posts