Discuss Scratch

makethebrainhappy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The New Scratch Wiki

The Scratch Wiki Bureaucrats, Administrators, and Experienced Wikians are proud to announce the following major updates to the wiki-

As of Feb. 16th, 2018 the Scratch Wiki will officially be moving to en.scratch-wiki.info from its traditional home on the main servers. These changes are important for technical reasons and allow the wiki to be updated in parallel with the main website. All future updates, edits, and content will be released on the new website.

We would like to thank the Scratch Team for their support in this effort and for approving this change by supporting the process.

Here is a quick recap of the major changes for both editors and users alike.

1.) InterWiki - Leadership. The wiki will now be guided by MartinWollenweber and LiFayTheGoblin exclusively. We are happy to build a closer relationship and integrate the English Wiki with the other language Wikis.

2.) Upgraded Extensions and Technological Development. Due to these changes it will be easier to upgrade and improve (from a technical perspective) than ever before. These updates open up numerous possibilities for features which can be added in the future. One of the most major upgrades is listed as 2.1.

2.1) A skin update. The wiki is proud to announce that the traditional skin/design of the main navbar has been updated to conform to the new modern design which is slowly being implemented across the main website. Our's is slightly different though in that it has a “pencil icon” to the right of the search bar which allows easy access to the editing history & discussion of the page. Our developers are also working a on a mobile skin (which will be released in the future)

3.) This next point applies to future wiki editors. We have changed the way applications are processed. You will receive updates on the status of your application via email instead of Scratch commenting. The only time when you would receive a comment is when an admin is seeking further clarification about your application.

4.) New Favicon! It has changed from the “Scratch Logo” present on the rest of the website to the “Wiki Logo.”

We hope that you enjoy these new changes and the new Wiki. Scratch On!

Last edited by makethebrainhappy (Feb. 17, 2018 14:36:25)

KrIsMa
Scratcher
100+ posts

The New Scratch Wiki

Great post! Very informative.

Fellow Wikian.
dancam38
Scratcher
92 posts

The New Scratch Wiki

nice
ErnieParke
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The New Scratch Wiki

If anyone has questions about the move, we're open to answering them.

kenny2scratch
Scratcher
500+ posts

The New Scratch Wiki

w00t! It's done! That was the longest night of my life
Thanks everyone for your support!

post brought to you by the preview links bug and previously the uploads site bug. 看一下中文 Scratch 維基想參加?請參考這頁
Join the Scratch Wiki!
Made by Scratchers, for Scratchers, since December 6, 2008

saltlycaramel
New to Scratch
4 posts

The New Scratch Wiki

kenny2scratch wrote:

w00t! It's done! That was the longest night of my life
Thanks everyone for your support!
Great. Can't wait for backend, to be in hands of members ( adims), and changes they make
csf30816
Scratcher
500+ posts

The New Scratch Wiki

Glad the skin got updated. Love the edit button. The fact that discuss is there is a bit strange though.

insert my old sig here
Dilek10
Scratcher
100+ posts

The New Scratch Wiki

Hello, I'm Esin, aka Dilek10!
I'm a boy who likes physics, computer science and programming languages, and World War II.
Do you like physics textbooks? Here's a forum topic for you!: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/350422/
The Turkish Scratch Wiki! Contributors wanted!: http://test.scratch-wiki.info/wiki/Tur:Anasayfa
EcIipsed
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The New Scratch Wiki

290Scratcher
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The New Scratch Wiki

Awesome! I'm creating a template of a page about the old wiki and uploaded a file about three times, but they all turned out to be the same. (The original file took up too much space on the page.)

Also does anyone know when the transfer started?

This is my forum signature, here it's okay to… forget it, you've probably seen hundreds of these signatures before.
https://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ <— Click this funny and not suspicious link to get Scratch 4 early!

Joined at the age of 8 and somehow I'm still alive and decently semi-active on the forums.

(Reminder to take care of yourself and stay safe, the world is wild after all)

https://ecosia.org it's good trust me
Slugasaurus
Scratcher
34 posts

The New Scratch Wiki

I find the text is too light so I have to zoom in to read it. Also, I’m not so sure about its new address (if I had chosen it it would be something like en-wiki.scratch.mit.edu)

ɪ ʜʀᴇ! ʏ ɴ ʟʟ sɴɪʟᴇᴇ ʀ ʜɪʟ ғʀ sʜʀᴛ! ɪ ɴʏ ɪɴɢ ɢs ɴ ɴɪɪɴs, ʟʏɪɴɢ ɪɴᴇᴄʀᴀғ ɴᴅ ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛɪɴɢ ɴᴇᴡ ᴘʀᴏᴊᴇᴄᴛᔕ.
-Vuton-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The New Scratch Wiki

290Scratcher wrote:

Also does anyone know when the transfer started?
16th of February, 2018, at 14:00 (UTC).
CatIsFluffy
Scratcher
100+ posts

The New Scratch Wiki

The address was chosen because that's where the other languages were.
PintOfMilk
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The New Scratch Wiki

Vivat Scratch Wiki!

Does n!+1=m^2 have interger solutions apart from n=4,5,7?
notlegit
Scratcher
56 posts

The New Scratch Wiki

i watched this happen live

IN A HOTELL!!!!
Wahsp
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The New Scratch Wiki

csf30816 wrote:

Glad the skin got updated. Love the edit button. The fact that discuss is there is a bit strange though.
I think I remember someone saying the didn't plan on changing that

​I am Wahsp

Formerly pretty active on the forums, probably mostly retired now…
If you see one of my posts send me a hello!

The New Scratch Wiki

ST, can you please update the link to the Wiki on the Scratch page? It still points to the old wiki.

You can also find my best projects here or stop at my profile and say hi!
-Vuton-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The New Scratch Wiki

frodewin wrote:

ST, can you please update the link to the Wiki on the Scratch page? It still points to the old wiki.
That's being worked on. You can track it here. They are also working on making the links blue and clickable. (here)
acduckii_rises
Scratcher
100+ posts

The New Scratch Wiki

when will everything else be reskinned ughhh

“No one has the power to shatter your dreams unless you give it to them."

DownsGameClub
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The New Scratch Wiki

Awesome! I'll look forward to working on articles when I have the time!

Last edited by DownsGameClub (Feb. 24, 2018 03:48:47)

–DGC
Scratcher since Aug. 2015 +++ Fire Alarm Enthusiast +++ College student studying fire protection engineering