Discuss Scratch

krazyforkitkats
Scratcher
52 posts

Can I report someone for calling my art ugly?

( https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/203213563/ ) Someone said my llama I drew was UGLY! Is it ok to report them? What should I do after reporting them??

(btw i already reported them)

when green flag clicked
forever
stop meanies
end

Last edited by krazyforkitkats (Feb. 10, 2018 19:15:37)




Click me! Please!
when green flag clicked
broadcast [Stuff] and wait
when I receive [Stuff]
say [Hi] for (something) secs
-Osiris-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Can I report someone for calling my art ugly?

Report anything you think breaks the Community Gudelines, and the Scratch Team will decide what to do with it.

Also, please don't blockspam.


krazyforkitkats
Scratcher
52 posts

Can I report someone for calling my art ugly?

-Osiris- wrote:

Report anything you think breaks the Community Gudelines, and the Scratch Team will decide what to do with it.

Also, please don't blockspam.

Sorry!



Click me! Please!
when green flag clicked
broadcast [Stuff] and wait
when I receive [Stuff]
say [Hi] for (something) secs
PrincessPanda_test_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Can I report someone for calling my art ugly?

If they are not giving you useful information, then I would say report it.














Click the image for something special!

Wanna collab on something Sonic?
krazyforkitkats
Scratcher
52 posts

Can I report someone for calling my art ugly?

PrincessPanda_test_ wrote:

If they are not giving you useful information, then I would say report it.

Ok Thanks!

Last edited by krazyforkitkats (Feb. 11, 2018 01:31:56)




Click me! Please!
when green flag clicked
broadcast [Stuff] and wait
when I receive [Stuff]
say [Hi] for (something) secs
XCat
Scratcher
500+ posts

Can I report someone for calling my art ugly?

Definitely report or delete the comment. Not the nicest thing for them to say


“To me there seemed no cause for a head to be adorned with hair and naked of learning…” Sor Juana Inés de la Cruz
EcIipsed
Scratcher
500+ posts

Can I report someone for calling my art ugly?

krazyforkitkats wrote:

( https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/203213563/ ) Someone said my llama I drew was UGLY! Is it ok to report them? What should I do after reporting them??

(btw i already reported them)

when green flag clicked
forever
stop meanies
end

If they aren't being consructive- so they aren't telking you how you could improve or similliar, feel free to report and delete the comment.

EciIntrovert ✦ 750+ posts on all accounts ✦ Cringy art ✦ Grace VanderWaal ✦ dodie ✦ Musicals
(By the way, some letters link to something. I'm not finished with this yet,)
UsernamesAreUseless
New to Scratch
33 posts

Can I report someone for calling my art ugly?

If they're just saying that your art is ugly without giving any substantial ways for you to improve, then yes definitely.

PLEASE NOTE: Despite what rank it says I have, I am NOT a new Scratcher. This is a namesnipe account by -ShadowOfTheFuture-, on which I have been a Scratcher for more than 8 months.
Zekrom01
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Can I report someone for calling my art ugly?

Yes, since it's considered disrespectful

Sorry, this signature is blocked, as part of your ISP's internet plan. You will have to upgrade, for $99.99/month, to access this signature.

Well, not yet! But this could become a reality if Net Neutrality is repealed. And we DO NOT want that to happen. If we don't have Net Neutrality, we will lose many key freedoms that the internet has now, such as equal access to websites like YouTube, Netflix, Twitter, Steam, and so much more. For more information on what to do, please go to battleforthenet.com
ultracoder21
Scratcher
50 posts

Can I report someone for calling my art ugly?

well it was quite rude to say it was ugly i think its a little to unfair to block them and try to get them banned immediately i would have tried to reason with the person and ask why or their opinion or just ignore things like this happen all the time
krazyforkitkats
Scratcher
52 posts

Can I report someone for calling my art ugly?

ultracoder21 wrote:

well it was quite rude to say it was ugly i think its a little to unfair to block them and try to get them banned immediately i would have tried to reason with the person and ask why or their opinion or just ignore things like this happen all the time

I'm not actually trying to get them banned, I reported them so they know not to be rude like that.



Click me! Please!
when green flag clicked
broadcast [Stuff] and wait
when I receive [Stuff]
say [Hi] for (something) secs
ultracoder21
Scratcher
50 posts

Can I report someone for calling my art ugly?

krazyforkitkats wrote:

ultracoder21 wrote:

well it was quite rude to say it was ugly i think its a little to unfair to block them and try to get them banned immediately i would have tried to reason with the person and ask why or their opinion or just ignore things like this happen all the time

I'm not actually trying to get them banned, I reported them so they know not to be rude like that.
well still you should askwhy they think its ugly first who knows they could have a valid opinion
wWSunPandaWw
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Can I report someone for calling my art ugly?

ultracoder21 wrote:

krazyforkitkats wrote:

ultracoder21 wrote:

well it was quite rude to say it was ugly i think its a little to unfair to block them and try to get them banned immediately i would have tried to reason with the person and ask why or their opinion or just ignore things like this happen all the time

I'm not actually trying to get them banned, I reported them so they know not to be rude like that.
well still you should askwhy they think its ugly first who knows they could have a valid opinion
If they don't know that it's against the Community Guidelines for saying that, they should still be reported because they still broke the Community Guidelines. If they knew they broke the Community Guidelines, that just worsens the situation.
And here's a little tip: If your opinion isn't nice, don't say it.
Opinions are not correct–they are opinions.

Last edited by wWSunPandaWw (Feb. 11, 2018 18:34:12)


YubNubEwok
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Can I report someone for calling my art ugly?

Definitely report it.
If it's not helping you, and it hurts you, then report it.

Hello! I'mYubNubEwok!
YubNubEwok | Star Wars Nerd | Marvel Fan | Hunger Games Fan | #1 Wisconsin cheese Fan | Female | Christian | Webkinz user/collector | 2000+ posts | Philippians 4:13, Colossians 3:23 |
-Stuff to check out-
TheJediMasters
Ⓒⓡⓔⓐⓣⓘⓥⓔ Bᴜᴍᴘs
Right now I challenge you to: go to my profile, follow me, and check out my featured project (it's important!)

;
WolfCat67
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Can I report someone for calling my art ugly?

I wouldn't report them at first. I'd ask them to be more specific, and explain *why* they think your art is ugly. If a response doesn't come in, say, the next 48 hours, then I'd report them just to let the ST take care of it.

If they do respond, and explain why, it's a valid opinion and I'm willing to take it as criticism.
krazyforkitkats
Scratcher
52 posts

Can I report someone for calling my art ugly?

WolfCat67 wrote:

I wouldn't report them at first. I'd ask them to be more specific, and explain *why* they think your art is ugly. If a response doesn't come in, say, the next 48 hours, then I'd report them just to let the ST take care of it.

If they do respond, and explain why, it's a valid opinion and I'm willing to take it as criticism.

I should've done that. They said it was a joke after telling them it was rude to call my art ugly. Joke or not, it was rude to me.



Click me! Please!
when green flag clicked
broadcast [Stuff] and wait
when I receive [Stuff]
say [Hi] for (something) secs
razorclaw62
Scratcher
14 posts

Can I report someone for calling my art ugly?

I would report someone for calling my art ugly even though I admit my art is terrible on the computer. you did the right thing to report the player, but remember that's just their opinion. (I think your art is beautiful)
-Lily_Elanor-
Scratcher
86 posts

Can I report someone for calling my art ugly?

I wouldn't report. They can have their opinion, and I'm not going to hate on them just because they don't like what I do. I mean, life is going to be full of people who don't like us, don't like our politics, don't like how we act..we have to deal with it.

“The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.”
“So you're saying I shouldn't worry about the polar bear charging me?”

“The smallest minority on earth is the individual.'

”These three remain; hope, faith, and love. But the greatest of these is love."
wWSunPandaWw
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Can I report someone for calling my art ugly?

-Lily_Elanor- wrote:

I wouldn't report. They can have their opinion, and I'm not going to hate on them just because they don't like what I do. I mean, life is going to be full of people who don't like us, don't like our politics, don't like how we act..we have to deal with it.
It's still disrespectful. By not reporting a disrespectful comment, you could also break the community guidelines:

The Community Guidelines wrote:

Help keep the site friendly.
If you think a project or comment is mean, insulting, too violent, or otherwise inappropriate, click “Report” to let us know about it.

Ean173
Scratcher
100+ posts

Can I report someone for calling my art ugly?

Yes. Everyone is already saying this, but any form of destructive criticism is reportable if it's in the intent of bullying.
If it's constructive criticism (i.e. on a game) then it is allowed.
(For instance, "Great game, but the menu is too hard to navigate.) because it tells the creator that their menu is not easy enough.

Last edited by Ean173 (Feb. 12, 2018 14:34:14)


Roses are red.
Violets are red.
Bushes are red.
Trees are red.
MY GARDEN IS ON FIRE!!!

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile