Discuss Scratch

Awesomedude757
Scratcher
8 posts

Impossible MP3 load

I can't get my MP3 file into scratch despite the fact that scratch supports MP3 files!
Mittensbrother
Scratcher
100+ posts

Impossible MP3 load

Are you having this issue with all mp3 files, or just a particular one?

If it's just one file, then maybe your file is corrupted and you can export/download a new one. If it's all mp3 files, then you should file a bug report in the Bugs and Glitches Discussion Forum.
asivi
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Impossible MP3 load

Hi, there is a limit around 10megabytes for assets in Scratch, also if the sound is DRM protected it will not work, also you must be sure it is actually a MP3 file because, despite the file extension, it could be other format like MP4(or other).
Awesomedude757
Scratcher
8 posts

Impossible MP3 load

asivi wrote:

Hi, there is a limit around 10megabytes for assets in Scratch, also if the sound is DRM protected it will not work, also you must be sure it is actually a MP3 file because, despite the file extension, it could be other format like MP4(or other).
So, @asivi, you say 10 megabytes is the limit? I need an upgrade to Scratch so that I can get my 125 kilobyte per sec music in! And 125 kilobyte is not even close to 1 megabyte! Or maybe it's just a glitch in Google Chrome for Windows 10… Oh, and also, I checked the unblock option. I'm trying it again.

Last edited by Awesomedude757 (Feb. 9, 2018 15:38:52)

Awesomedude757
Scratcher
8 posts

Impossible MP3 load

Awesomedude757 wrote:

asivi wrote:

Hi, there is a limit around 10megabytes for assets in Scratch, also if the sound is DRM protected it will not work, also you must be sure it is actually a MP3 file because, despite the file extension, it could be other format like MP4(or other).
So, @asivi, you say 10 megabytes is the limit? I need an upgrade to Scratch so that I can get my 125 kilobyte per sec music in! And 125 kilobyte is not even close to 1 megabyte! Or maybe it's just a glitch in Google Chrome for Windows 10… Oh, and also, I checked the unblock option. I'm trying it again.
I tried it again, and it just wouldn't let it in! What is Going On?
Awesomedude757
Scratcher
8 posts

Impossible MP3 load

I'm quoting that one to the Bugs and Glitches Forum
_nix
Scratcher
500+ posts

Impossible MP3 load

Awesomedude757 wrote:

I need an upgrade to Scratch so that I can get my 125 kilobyte per sec music in! And 125 kilobyte is not even close to 1 megabyte!
125 kilobytes is the amount of storage the file takes per second. So, to get the actual amount of storage the file takes, you would have to multiply 125 kilobytes times the number of seconds in the song. Or you could just check the file size in whatever file browser you use. In any case, if the file size itself is bigger than 10MB, it definitely won't work in Scratch.

blog (it has art, code, and stuff)

My pronouns are they/them, btw. sparrows one word to the paragraph
Fluffypiggykitty
Scratcher
10 posts

Impossible MP3 load

Mittensbrother wrote:

Are you having this issue with all mp3 files, or just a particular one?

If it's just one file, then maybe your file is corrupted and you can export/download a new one. If it's all mp3 files, then you should file a bug report in the Bugs and Glitches Discussion Forum.
this is the bugs and glitches discussion form -_-

when I receive [WAKE UP]
repeat until <School ends>
change [Bored] effect by (25)
end
asivi
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Impossible MP3 load

Fluffypiggykitty wrote:

Mittensbrother wrote:

Are you having this issue with all mp3 files, or just a particular one?

If it's just one file, then maybe your file is corrupted and you can export/download a new one. If it's all mp3 files, then you should file a bug report in the Bugs and Glitches Discussion Forum.
this is the bugs and glitches discussion form -_-

This topic was created in Help with Scripts and I did report this to be closed because

Awesomedude757 wrote:

I'm quoting that one to the Bugs and Glitches Forum

For some unknown reason(for me) this was moved here instead.
asivi
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Impossible MP3 load

@Awesomedude757
Are you going to give us more details about such sound?
Awesomedude757
Scratcher
8 posts

Impossible MP3 load

_nix wrote:

Awesomedude757 wrote:

I need an upgrade to Scratch so that I can get my 125 kilobyte per sec music in! And 125 kilobyte is not even close to 1 megabyte!
125 kilobytes is the amount of storage the file takes per second. So, to get the actual amount of storage the file takes, you would have to multiply 125 kilobytes times the number of seconds in the song. Or you could just check the file size in whatever file browser you use. In any case, if the file size itself is bigger than 10MB, it definitely won't work in Scratch.
oh. maybe i should change the ten-minute with-comments audio to the 3-minute song-only audio.
when I receive [ wake upv]
repeat until <timer beeps>
change [boredom v] effect by (75)
change [color v] effect by (25)
end

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile