Discuss Scratch

WFS_Ultra
Scratcher
45 posts

Comment Reactions (I think I'm first?)

Sometimes I find it annoying when people send me something and I have to reply, so maybe add Reactions? When you choose to react to a comment, a small window near the comment will pop up. It will say like ‘Search’ and underneath that it will have emoji's. If you search and select one, or select one directly from the window, the comment that you reacted to will have the reaction that you selected, and have a 1 to the right of it. (If you are the first one to react.) You could have all the emoji's from project comments like _meow_ or whatever. or/and you could have forum emoji's like and stuff like that.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure this is not rejected.

Last edited by WFS_Ultra (Feb. 8, 2018 01:18:07)

CosmicBunBun
Scratcher
100+ posts

Comment Reactions (I think I'm first?)

I'm assuming this is working like Discord's reaction system. In that case, I think it's fine just replying with a comment.

Sheep_maker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Comment Reactions (I think I'm first?)

Perhaps something similar could be applied to the forums; each post takes up a lot of space (especially when replying to a post), and it would be nice not to have to scroll through “ok,” “thanks,” “support,” “no support,” etc.

- Sheep_maker This is a kumquat-free signature. :P
Scratch 3.0 blocks but less fat
.postsignature { overflow: auto; } .scratchblocks { overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: hidden; }
Marb1
Scratcher
100+ posts

Comment Reactions (I think I'm first?)

Sheep_maker wrote:

Perhaps something similar could be applied to the forums; each post takes up a lot of space (especially when replying to a post), and it would be nice not to have to scroll through “ok,” “thanks,” “support,” “no support,” etc.
Well… support. (Oh the irony…)

Last edited by Marb1 (Feb. 8, 2018 07:10:51)


12 year old elevator and aviation fan from Hong Kong!

My top 5 elevator companies:
  1. Otis
  2. Mitsubishi
  3. Kone
  4. Schindler
  5. ThyssenKrupp
WFS_Ultra
Scratcher
45 posts

Comment Reactions (I think I'm first?)

CosmicBunBun wrote:

I'm assuming this is working like Discord's reaction system. Yep. In that case, I think it's fine just replying with a comment. I'd rather just click on a button rather than replying.
PrincessFlowerTV
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Comment Reactions (I think I'm first?)

This really isn't necessary.
If you want to let the person know how you feel, just comment. It isn't that hard.


~~ Christian ~~ Mildly Dyslexic ~~ Homeschooled ~~ Forum Helper ~~ Teen ~~ Skater ~~
BonnieCat91
Scratcher
52 posts

Comment Reactions (I think I'm first?)

PrincessFlowerTV wrote:

This really isn't necessary.
If you want to let the person know how you feel, just comment. It isn't that hard.
^^^

Check out my OS!

when green flag clicked
forever
play sound [Imagine v]
move (Program) steps
add [Share] to [list v]
end
Haz-_-
Scratcher
500+ posts

Comment Reactions (I think I'm first?)

PrincessFlowerTV wrote:

This really isn't necessary.
If you want to let the person know how you feel, just comment. It isn't that hard.


 continue this hashtag if you live in australia [img]http://u.cubeupload.com/rabbitcarrots/FEDB1435D41540BFB9FB.jpeg[/img] is the image code xD oh and btw this siggy is from @Hellounicorns2    :cool:
Nero-Guineadoq
Scratcher
50 posts

Comment Reactions (I think I'm first?)

While this would be cool, it isn't necessary and I doubt it would be added.
Sheep_maker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Comment Reactions (I think I'm first?)

PrincessFlowerTV wrote:

This really isn't necessary.
If you want to let the person know how you feel, just comment. It isn't that hard.
If forum posts could get reactions, I would assume reactions on a post would send a notification to its poster, so one could use it to directly reply to a post or notify the user that they've been replied to.

That's not exactly something you can do right now

- Sheep_maker This is a kumquat-free signature. :P
Scratch 3.0 blocks but less fat
.postsignature { overflow: auto; } .scratchblocks { overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: hidden; }
mica43683
Scratcher
100+ posts

Comment Reactions (I think I'm first?)

While this may be fun, I don't completely think it's necessary. If this would allow you to use emoticons that you usually can't use and still let you reply using both text and that emoticon, I hemi-support.

Last edited by mica43683 (Feb. 10, 2018 06:31:49)


when green flag clicked::hat events
say [I need your help with a game named CAT-ASTROPHE]::looks
Apply to help here!
free pizza for those who apply!
WFS_Ultra
Scratcher
45 posts

Comment Reactions (I think I'm first?)

mica43683 wrote:

While this may be fun, I don't completely think it's necessary. If this would allow you to use emoticons that you usually can't use and still let you reply using both text and that emoticon, I hemi-support.
What do you mean by “emoticons that you usually can't use?”
ChumleyChumpster
Scratcher
100 posts

Comment Reactions (I think I'm first?)

WFS_Ultra wrote:

Sometimes I find it annoying when people send me something and I have to reply, so maybe add Reactions? When you choose to react to a comment, a small window near the comment will pop up. It will say like ‘Search’ and underneath that it will have emoji's. If you search and select one, or select one directly from the window, the comment that you reacted to will have the reaction that you selected, and have a 1 to the right of it. (If you are the first one to react.) You could have all the emoji's from project comments like _meow_ or whatever. or/and you could have forum emoji's like and stuff like that.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure this is not rejected.
Yes, support. It would just be easier to navigate your emotions. Much quicker and better. And you could see other's reactions too.
-CrystalWaters-
Scratcher
36 posts

Comment Reactions (I think I'm first?)

WFS_Ultra wrote:

Sometimes I find it annoying when people send me something and I have to reply, so maybe add Reactions? When you choose to react to a comment, a small window near the comment will pop up. It will say like ‘Search’ and underneath that it will have emoji's. If you search and select one, or select one directly from the window, the comment that you reacted to will have the reaction that you selected, and have a 1 to the right of it. (If you are the first one to react.) You could have all the emoji's from project comments like _meow_ or whatever. or/and you could have forum emoji's like and stuff like that.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure this is not rejected.
A bit like… Facebook? XD I don't know. I guess it would be easier, but would you get notified when someone reacts to your comment? Also, wouldn't it replace replying to comments altogether?

Reach up to the sky, even if you don't get there, at least you will see the universe - me
when green flag clicked
move (1) steps
set x to (smile)
IggyAndCassie
Scratcher
100+ posts

Comment Reactions (I think I'm first?)

Here's a workaround:
1. Open a document for Word etc. and call it “Comment Reactions”.
2. Fill it with stuff like “support”, “no support” etc.
3. Just copy and paste one when you need a reaction.

Last edited by IggyAndCassie (Feb. 16, 2018 22:10:40)



Inkulumo
Scratcher
100+ posts

Comment Reactions (I think I'm first?)

Full support, comment reactions would help if you need to say something but either are in a pinch or a reply would just be considered spam.
Sorry, you have to wait 120 seconds between posts.

WFS_Ultra
Scratcher
45 posts

Comment Reactions (I think I'm first?)

IggyAndCassie wrote:

Here's a workaround:
1. Open a document for Word etc. and call it “Comment Reactions”.
2. Fill it with stuff like “support”, “no support” etc.
3. Just copy and paste one when you need a reaction.
But wouldn't you want a button to react more than opening up word, copying, pasting, and commenting?
IggyAndCassie
Scratcher
100+ posts

Comment Reactions (I think I'm first?)

WFS_Ultra wrote:

IggyAndCassie wrote:

Here's a workaround:
1. Open a document for Word etc. and call it “Comment Reactions”.
2. Fill it with stuff like “support”, “no support” etc.
3. Just copy and paste one when you need a reaction.
But wouldn't you want a button to react more than opening up word, copying, pasting, and commenting?
To be honest, most people can comment “support” etc. in less than a minute, so no support.


Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile