Tips For making a contest on Scratch.

ok I will follow that
define ok I will do this

i am just chilling, removing brain cells by anime
9teddys
Scratcher
17 posts

How do I get Scratchers to participate in a contest? I am just not popular enough to have a contest and have a lot of people enter it.

define [9teddys - Student Coder] 

Check out my alt: @YCat9
ZapPlayz
Scratcher
3 posts

ebik
PopularOnScratch
Scratcher
100+ posts

rengistan wrote:

You might have seen people on Scratch making contests and you might have even participated in a few of them. If you want to make a contest of your own in Scratch, here are a few tips that can help you.

1) Make a contest which all people or specific people can participate in. Give them an easy theme. Eg: ‘My favourite flower’.

2) Give some information about the contest. Give some information about the contest so anyone who wants to participate will know what type of project to make and submit.

3)Invite some people you follow or people following you to be the judges(You also need to be a judge)of the contest. Note that there should be a limited number of judges like 3 or 4 judges.

4) Judge the projects fairly. If one of your close friends on Scratch is also participating and makes a project, give him/her the prize only if you like the project and fell that it's eligible to come first, not because he/she is your close friend.

5)Give prizes to the people who won. Give prizes to the people who won and consolation prizes to the prizes to the people who didn't win. Check some contests which have prizes and get an idea for the prizes in your contest.

6)Mention if you want the participants to remix your contest or make a new project. It's best if you tell to remix your contest because there won't be so much hassle.

when I receive [It was very helpful v]
forever
say [Thank you :D] for (2) secs
end

[b]Good Luck! :)
Rengistan[/b]
[/quote]

Thanks it was very helpful

Last edited by PopularOnScratch (Oct. 16, 2020 05:10:49)

• Any fool can know, the point is to understand
  • Fighting does not solve anything, it just increases hate
  • You can only achieve your dream by hard work. There is no possible way to get it free
  • Most of the people's wishes have a consequence, so think carefully of want you want
  • If something doesn't go as planned it doesn't mean its a waste of time
Those facts on top are 100% correct. If you want more just follow me already
This is my signature, it shows up on every post I make

rengistan
Scratcher
87 posts

AnnaHannah wrote:

This is really helpful! Maybe add something about making a good thumbnail so people will be attracted to the project?
Sure! Thanks for the idea!

when green flag clicked
forever
imagine :: motion
program :: sound
share :: operators
end
When I write, I shake off all my cares.
- Anne Frank
I don't study to know more, but to ignore less.
- Juana Ines de la Cruz
rengistan
Scratcher
87 posts

9teddys wrote:

How do I get Scratchers to participate in a contest? I am just not popular enough to have a contest and have a lot of people enter it.
You can ask your followers/whoever you are following to spread the word about your contest. Also, you can copy and paste the link in your scratch bio and describe the contest. That way, people who check out your profile see this and get to know about it.

when green flag clicked
forever
end
- Anne Frank
- Juana Ines de la Cruz
Casioarthub
Scratcher
76 posts

Helpful, Thanks!
shark707
Scratcher
32 posts

Please don't necropost.

Sincerely,

Shark 707

The future creator of a search engine.
GoogleInScratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hello!

forever
imagine
program
end

Last edited by GoogleInScratch (Dec. 16, 2020 23:58:46)

I moved to DualPikachu, meet me there!
SpyroTech
Scratcher
100+ posts

GoogleInScratch wrote:

Hello!

forever
imagine
program
end

Please don't necropost Thanks!

❯❯ SpyroTech - Game Dev || Designer
❯❯ What I Am Working On - Games || Designs
❯❯ Test Account - @SpyroTech2
❯❯ About Me - I am a 4-year scratcher who started out in 2016, I have seen Scratch 2.0 and I believe even 1.0… Anyway, I am a game dev and graphic designer. I use Inkscape and SVE (scratch vector editor) to design. I am a proud Californian! I can code in Python, JavaScript, and any book language. I am older than 10 years old. I also have a dribbble but those links are not allowed so I won't share it I am a boy that likes the colors black and white.
SpyroTech
Scratcher
100+ posts

rengistan wrote:

9teddys wrote:

You can ask your followers/whoever you are following to spread the word about your contest. Also, you can copy and paste the link in your scratch bio and describe the contest. That way, people who check out your profile see this and get to know about it.

That might annoy some people meaning they would unfollow you, maybe advertise it in studios MEANT for advertising

❯❯ SpyroTech - Game Dev || Designer
❯❯ What I Am Working On - Games || Designs
❯❯ Test Account - @SpyroTech2
❯❯ About Me - I am a 4-year scratcher who started out in 2016, I have seen Scratch 2.0 and I believe even 1.0… Anyway, I am a game dev and graphic designer. I use Inkscape and SVE (scratch vector editor) to design. I am a proud Californian! I can code in Python, JavaScript, and any book language. I am older than 10 years old. I also have a dribbble but those links are not allowed so I won't share it I am a boy that likes the colors black and white.
rengistan
Scratcher
87 posts

SpyroTech wrote:

rengistan wrote:

9teddys wrote:

That might annoy some people meaning they would unfollow you, maybe advertise it in studios MEANT for advertising
Yes, it may annoy them but you can also first ask them if they are ok with advertising it and then give them the link if they are ok with it.

when green flag clicked
forever
end
- Anne Frank
- Juana Ines de la Cruz
GoogleInScratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Uhhh, hello, I decided to make a contest here: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/465149876/
but I want more people to enter it, is there any way I can?

GoogleInScratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Also, what is a judge?

rengistan
Scratcher
87 posts

GoogleInScratch wrote:

Uhhh, hello, I decided to make a contest here: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/465149876/
Here are a few ways to tell people about your contest:
  • Paste the link of the contest in your scratch profile, and make it your featured project. That way, people who check out your profile will get to know about your contest and might want to participate in it.
  • Request your followers/whoever you are following to spread the word about your contest (if they're ok with it).
Tip: You can announce grand prizes to the winners and a prize for all participants such as liking and favoriting any one of their projects, etc. and of the winners, you could give them shoutouts, follow them, etc.

when green flag clicked
forever
end
- Anne Frank
- Juana Ines de la Cruz
rengistan
Scratcher
87 posts

GoogleInScratch wrote:

Also, what is a judge?
A judge is basically a person who judges the contest entries and decides the winners, runner-ups, etc.
You can appoint a few Scratchers as judges and they can help you judge the entries and decide the winners.
You have to make sure that the judges are impartial and fair.
You can also judge the contest on your own if you don't like the idea of multiple judges for a contest

Last edited by rengistan (Dec. 23, 2020 07:07:39)

when green flag clicked
forever
end
- Anne Frank
- Juana Ines de la Cruz
GoogleInScratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

rengistan wrote:

GoogleInScratch wrote:

Here are a few ways to tell people about your contest:
  • Paste the link of the contest in your scratch profile, and make it your featured project. That way, people who check out your profile will get to know about your contest and might want to participate in it.
  • Request your followers/whoever you are following to spread the word about your contest (if they're ok with it).
Tip: You can announce grand prizes to the winners and a prize for all participants such as liking and favoriting any one of their projects, etc. and of the winners, you could give them shoutouts, follow them, etc.
Ok! Thank you! I'll do some of this.

GoogleInScratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

rengistan wrote:

GoogleInScratch wrote:

Also, what is a judge?
A judge is basically a person who judges the contest entries and decides the winners, runner-ups, etc.
You can appoint a few Scratchers as judges and they can help you judge the entries and decide the winners.
You have to make sure that the judges are impartial and fair.
You can also judge the contest on your own if you don't like the idea of multiple judges for a contest
Ok! I invited @EMGAMER727 to be a judge

GoogleInScratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Great! It looks like more people are getting into my contest! Thank you

Vaibhs11
Scratcher
1000+ posts