Discuss Scratch

Hcps-Sonicha
Scratcher
100+ posts

Mega Man Rivals!

hahasamian wrote:

rgl0000 wrote:

Speaking of robot masters I got an idea for a wind type robot master for the game. I call him: Bird Man
(I wish I could upload an image of him here, but creating my own sign in to a professional image uploading site is to tedious.)
attacks:
Mega buster: The regular Mega Buster shot
Dive: He flies up high off screen and dives down towards the player
Air Shooter: It's basically just like the attack that Air Man uses in Mega Man 2. (I'd recommend this one as the one that can be used in battle after you defeat him)
(And incase you want a wind attack for another wind element robot master that works for objects that aren't in the air, I'd suggest the Wind Cutter from Mega Man X7)
Nice!
Now I wonder what else to say…
I'll think of something here, I'm sure…
Element: Fire
Name: Burning Man
Attacks: (similar to Fire Kirby in “Kirby Super Star”)
  • Basic Flame Shot: Simple Flamethrower move; can tilt up or down slightly.
    Flame Kick: Lilac's down kick, with flames surrounding him. Upon touching the ground (or the player) small flames will shoot out sideways in a short range; flames will disappear in a short time after.
    Burning Boost: dashes forward; engulfing the user in flames wile active.
I will add more attacks when I think of them
Kirby Super Star ruined me…..
hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mega Man Rivals!

Hcps-Sonicha wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

rgl0000 wrote:

Speaking of robot masters I got an idea for a wind type robot master for the game. I call him: Bird Man
(I wish I could upload an image of him here, but creating my own sign in to a professional image uploading site is to tedious.)
attacks:
Air Shooter: It's basically just like the attack that Air Man uses in Mega Man 2. (I'd recommend this one as the one that can be used in battle after you defeat him)
(And incase you want a wind attack for another wind element robot master that works for objects that aren't in the air, I'd suggest the Wind Cutter from Mega Man X7)
Nice!
    Flame Kick: Lilac's down kick, with flames surrounding him. Upon touching the ground (or the player) small flames will shoot out sideways in a short range; flames will disappear in a short time after.
Hee hee.
I love Kirby. Only game I can win.
Anyway, back to Mega Man.
IDEA CRAZINESS TIME!
So, I thought of a few improvements (as opposed to just changes, which I have thought of too) I could apply to the Battle Network sections.
Time for a fairly small GAMEPLAY BLAB #2: DATA/BON
HERE WE GO!
(Ooh, I have my phone plugged in here… Let me just copy-paste from the document…)

“Some little upgrades to NetBattling.
These changes are things I'd like to apply to all Battle Network games. Here they are:
Movement.
Allow the player, like Navis you NetBattle in the original games, to warp to any square on the map instantly (with certain control styles or button combos). This could be done with a control style where you move to the square that the joystick is pointing to, or where you can press a button (say, the L trigger) followed by a press of the joystick to warp, or, in the case of a touchscreen, you simply tap the square you want to move to, OR, in the case of a keyboard, you tap one of nine buttons (think NumPad) to move to its corresponding square. This whole ”warp“ thing could make Battle Network games even more hardcore, allowing players to instantly warp wherever they want on their side.
Along with this, allow players using a non-warp config to ”skip-square“. This lets them warp across gaps that, in a normal Battle Network game, act as barriers.
BattleChips.
Allow the player to, along with the basic (A) button, assign buttons to attack certain Viruses. So for example, you have a Roll R Chip. There are three Viruses on screen. You can tell your Roll Chip to: attack the nearest Virus with the most HP with (A), or you can tell it to attack Virus 1 with (1), or you can tell it to attack Virus 2 with (2), Virus 3 with (3). Or maybe you could have it so your Roll Chip will attack the Virus on any edge square with the Right Stick + (A), and attack the one in the center with R Trigger + (A).”

Some of this may go unused in Rivals itself (for example, we may not have a Roll.exe in this game), but the concepts still stand.
These ideas were inspired after fighting CopyMan (I'm afraid they beat you to it, rgl0000) in Mega Man Battle Network 3.

You know why they call ‘em “speed bumps”?
It’s because you're supposed to go super fast so when ya hit it, ya go flying through the air!

-Totally Sonic

Hey there. I'm Hahasamian! I make Sonic game projects! I'm 18, so I'm growing out of growing out of Scratch, but I do wanna do something cool here first. Work's been a bit slow lately, but I try to put something good out every now-and-again!

You can check out all my existing projects by heading to my profile (here).
hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mega Man Rivals!

While we're on the subject of bosses…
Here comes the Boss Customizer!

“Boss customizer.
So yeah, even in hard mode, Mega Man Legends wasn't exactly a hardcore game. It seems the bosses need to attack more rapidly and have stronger attacks. Or maybe they need more energy and yours should be more limited. Well, that's just what the boss customizer lets you do. You can use it to replay bosses you've already beaten and make them harder or easier to your heart's content, with the ability to add to or take away from their speed, strength, health, and randomness. You can also customize your player specifically for the bosses, with options for HP, Buster Parts, Special Weapons, and items like your Jump Springs or Jet Skates.”

It’s because you're supposed to go super fast so when ya hit it, ya go flying through the air!

-Totally Sonic

Hey there. I'm Hahasamian! I make Sonic game projects! I'm 18, so I'm growing out of growing out of Scratch, but I do wanna do something cool here first. Work's been a bit slow lately, but I try to put something good out every now-and-again!

rgl0000
Scratcher
91 posts

Mega Man Rivals!

hahasamian wrote:

Hcps-Sonicha wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

rgl0000 wrote:

attacks:
Nice!
Hee hee.
I love Kirby. Only game I can win.
Anyway, back to Mega Man.
IDEA CRAZINESS TIME!
So, I thought of a few improvements (as opposed to just changes, which I have thought of too) I could apply to the Battle Network sections.
Time for a fairly small GAMEPLAY BLAB #2: DATA/BON
HERE WE GO!
(Ooh, I have my phone plugged in here… Let me just copy-paste from the document…)

“Some little upgrades to NetBattling.
These changes are things I'd like to apply to all Battle Network games. Here they are:
Movement.
Allow the player, like Navis you NetBattle in the original games, to warp to any square on the map instantly (with certain control styles or button combos). This could be done with a control style where you move to the square that the joystick is pointing to, or where you can press a button (say, the L trigger) followed by a press of the joystick to warp, or, in the case of a touchscreen, you simply tap the square you want to move to, OR, in the case of a keyboard, you tap one of nine buttons (think NumPad) to move to its corresponding square. This whole ”warp“ thing could make Battle Network games even more hardcore, allowing players to instantly warp wherever they want on their side.
Along with this, allow players using a non-warp config to ”skip-square“. This lets them warp across gaps that, in a normal Battle Network game, act as barriers.
BattleChips.
Allow the player to, along with the basic (A) button, assign buttons to attack certain Viruses. So for example, you have a Roll R Chip. There are three Viruses on screen. You can tell your Roll Chip to: attack the nearest Virus with the most HP with (A), or you can tell it to attack Virus 1 with (1), or you can tell it to attack Virus 2 with (2), Virus 3 with (3). Or maybe you could have it so your Roll Chip will attack the Virus on any edge square with the Right Stick + (A), and attack the one in the center with R Trigger + (A).”

Some of this may go unused in Rivals itself (for example, we may not have a Roll.exe in this game), but the concepts still stand.
These ideas were inspired after fighting CopyMan (I'm afraid they beat you to it, rgl0000) in Mega Man Battle Network 3.

Darn! I'm gonna have to find a new name… Maybe Fake Man? Nope, wait, they've used that as well. Maybe “Clone”? There, think I got an unused name this time. (Capcom better not release a game with a character that has that name in it)

“When life gives you lemons, sell them and make a profit.”
-rgl0000

“If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make a change. Hooo”
-Michael Jackson Batman
rgl0000
Scratcher
91 posts

Mega Man Rivals!

hahasamian wrote:

“Boss customizer.
So yeah, even in hard mode, Mega Man Legends wasn't exactly a hardcore game. It seems the bosses need to attack more rapidly and have stronger attacks. Or maybe they need more energy and yours should be more limited. Well, that's just what the boss customizer lets you do. You can use it to replay bosses you've already beaten and make them harder or easier to your heart's content, with the ability to add to or take away from their speed, strength, health, and randomness. You can also customize your player specifically for the bosses, with options for HP, Buster Parts, Special Weapons, and items like your Jump Springs or Jet Skates.”

That's a good idea! Speaking of customization, are you planning on putting special items in certain Legends-stile levels that, when collected, would be able to unlock certain “outfits” and “redesigns” for characters? For example: When you find a special item, it unlocks a costume for Mega Man Voltnutt that makes his armor look like Zero's or Proto Man's.

-rgl0000

“If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make a change. Hooo”
-Michael Jackson Batman
hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mega Man Rivals!

rgl0000 wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

“Boss customizer.

That's a good idea! Speaking of customization, are you planning on putting special items in certain Legends-stile levels that, when collected, would be able to unlock certain “outfits” and “redesigns” for characters? For example: When you find a special item, it unlocks a costume for Mega Man Voltnutt that makes his armor look like Zero's or Proto Man's.
That sounds interesting. I might save that for actually putting those characters in the Classic mode.

-Totally Sonic

rgl0000
Scratcher
91 posts

Mega Man Rivals!

hahasamian wrote:

rgl0000 wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

“Boss customizer.

That sounds interesting. I might save that for actually putting those characters in the Classic mode.
Yes! Please do that! Those two are my favorite characters! (besides Mega Man)

-rgl0000

-Michael Jackson Batman
rgl0000
Scratcher
91 posts

Mega Man Rivals!

Just got another idea for a robot master! His name is Mine Man (or Miner Man, whichever you like better) (hopefully the name isn't going to be used in the new Mega Man game) I got the idea for him while watching a part of the Mega Man 11 trailer. (If you've seen it, I bet you can guess which part)

Anyways… on to the battle info!

Attacks:
Ground Pound: He punches the ground, creating a crack in the ground in the player's direction.
Dynamite throw: He (a lot like Bomb Man and his bombs) throws dynamite at the player. (this is the attack I'd recommend that you should obtain after you defeat him)
He can also use his pick axe for melee attacks

Looks: Picture Guts man made out of stone with a yellow pith helmet (I think that's how you spell it), blue overalls, and a Pick Axe

Unlike the other bosses, he gets a chance to redeem himself (and he does) when he gets rebuilt to be a digger in the mines

Oh yeah, he's also an earth type.

-rgl0000

-Michael Jackson Batman
hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mega Man Rivals!

rgl0000 wrote:

Just got another idea for a robot master! His name is Mine Man (or Miner Man, whichever you like better) (hopefully the name isn't going to be used in the new Mega Man game) I got the idea for him while watching a part of the Mega Man 11 trailer. (If you've seen it, I bet you can guess which part)

Attacks:
Ground Pound: He punches the ground, creating a crack in the ground in the player's direction.
Dynamite throw: He (a lot like Bomb Man and his bombs) throws dynamite at the player. (this is the attack I'd recommend that you should obtain after you defeat him)

Looks: Picture Guts man made out of stone with a yellow pith helmet (I think that's how you spell it), blue overalls, and a Pick Axe

Unlike the other bosses, he gets a chance to redeem himself (and he does) when he gets rebuilt to be a digger in the mines

Interesting! I swear, once I make one Master, we all go nuts!
Not that it's a bad thing…
After all, if this keeps up, I'll have the Masters for two games (which I think might actually be Rivals 1 and 3, as I was thinking Hex could have “Element Cores” or something of the sort) in no time!
Speaking of Rivals 3…
Uh oh. Here comes Vectrena, the game gimmick of Rivals games 3 and 4!
“So I already have an idea for Rivals games 3 and 4.
Vectrena (Vek-TREE-nuh) is that idea. She is a humanoid robot, like Mega Man, who is currently in a child state. She holds these things in common with Mega Man, but her fighting is a whole different subject.
Vectrena gains permanent Experience Points and temporary Power Points by watching her ”commander“ fight. This ”commander“ gets to tell Vectrena what to do during a battle, with a command screen popping up whenever a battle begins and whenever they press LT+(X) during battles. She has several ”Powers“, which are similar to BattleChips but require Power Points instead of time to be used, and can be unlocked at times by simply gaining EXP. To gain Power Points and EXP, Vectrena must go into Standby Mode and observe her Commander fighting. Depending on how well you fight, more points can be gained, but she can still obtain some knowledge (like how NOT to fight) by watching you fail miserably.
At the end of Rivals 3, Vectrena gets all of her EXP levels boosted to ”Alpha“, the maximum level for any given power. This happens unless the player reaches all Alpha levels on their own in the game, but either way she reaches Full Alpha by the end of the game. This helps to give the effect in Rivals 4 that you have not gained or lost any power since the previous game.
The story-explained reason for the Alpha limitation is that Vectrena's current Alpha Core is only powerful enough for her to reach a certain skill level and go no further. In the forth installment, Vectrena obtains a Beta Core, which may be unlimited or just have a ”Beta“ level like in 3.
Vectrena may turn to the dark side at the end of this series, ideas including that she was evil all along and was using Mega Man and Co. as a tool to take over the island, or that the Hex-type villain, Assemblineus, takes her over with a powerful virus.”

-Totally Sonic

hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mega Man Rivals!

rgl0000 wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

rgl0000 wrote:

Speaking of customization, are you planning on putting special items in certain Legends-stile levels that, when collected, would be able to unlock certain “outfits” and “redesigns” for characters? For example: When you find a special item, it unlocks a costume for Mega Man Voltnutt that makes his armor look like Zero's or Proto Man's.
Yes! Please do that! Those two are my favorite characters! (besides Mega Man)
Yeah. I plan on adding in a lot of characters if possible. Like Classic Mega Man, who will work in any character's campaign and may have several different versions:
Basic Version of Classic Mega Man is just Classic Mega Man with an HD model and 60fps animations, etc. etc.
Box Art Version looks like the horrifying monster depicted in Mega Man 1's box art.
NES Version will use 2D, pixellated sprites when possible. He might use cubes to form a 3D representation of the original sprites when in 3D mode.

I also plan on doing all versions of Mega Man, along with some Navi/Operator combos (Lan/MegaMan.exe, Dex/GutsMan.exe, Mayl/Roll.exe, Yai/Glyde.exe…) and of course, Iris.exe (who does not have an operator, but instead uses a CopyBot to navigate in the “real world”)!

My intent is to take several characters who can't have an Adventure Mode and give them a Classic Mode instead. This way, they can still do all the things the Adventure Mode characters can do, only, without cutscenes and such.

-Totally Sonic

rgl0000
Scratcher
91 posts

Mega Man Rivals!

hahasamian wrote:

rgl0000 wrote:

Attacks:

Interesting! I swear, once I make one Master, we all go nuts!
Not that it's a bad thing…
After all, if this keeps up, I'll have the Masters for two games (which I think might actually be Rivals 1 and 3, as I was thinking Hex could have “Element Cores” or something of the sort) in no time!
Speaking of Rivals 3…
Uh oh. Here comes Vectrena, the game gimmick of Rivals games 3 and 4!
“So I already have an idea for Rivals games 3 and 4.
Vectrena (Vek-TREE-nuh) is that idea. She is a humanoid robot, like Mega Man, who is currently in a child state. She holds these things in common with Mega Man, but her fighting is a whole different subject.
Vectrena gains permanent Experience Points and temporary Power Points by watching her ”commander“ fight. This ”commander“ gets to tell Vectrena what to do during a battle, with a command screen popping up whenever a battle begins and whenever they press LT+(X) during battles. She has several ”Powers“, which are similar to BattleChips but require Power Points instead of time to be used, and can be unlocked at times by simply gaining EXP. To gain Power Points and EXP, Vectrena must go into Standby Mode and observe her Commander fighting. Depending on how well you fight, more points can be gained, but she can still obtain some knowledge (like how NOT to fight) by watching you fail miserably.
At the end of Rivals 3, Vectrena gets all of her EXP levels boosted to ”Alpha“, the maximum level for any given power. This happens unless the player reaches all Alpha levels on their own in the game, but either way she reaches Full Alpha by the end of the game. This helps to give the effect in Rivals 4 that you have not gained or lost any power since the previous game.
The story-explained reason for the Alpha limitation is that Vectrena's current Alpha Core is only powerful enough for her to reach a certain skill level and go no further. In the forth installment, Vectrena obtains a Beta Core, which may be unlimited or just have a ”Beta“ level like in 3.
Vectrena may turn to the dark side at the end of this series, ideas including that she was evil all along and was using Mega Man and Co. as a tool to take over the island, or that the Hex-type villain, Assemblineus, takes her over with a powerful virus.”

So That's what you where talking about earlier in the RP when I introduced Volt! That's a pretty good idea! Not to be rude by trying to make back stories of your characters, but maybe Vectrena was created to replace Volt because she still hadn't come back from her quest and everyone thought she had met an untimely fate. Of course, that's just my idea.

-rgl0000

-Michael Jackson Batman
hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mega Man Rivals!

rgl0000 wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

My big post about Vectrena has been snipped here because it was pretty big.

So That's what you where talking about earlier in the RP when I introduced Volt! That's a pretty good idea! Not to be rude by trying to make back stories of your characters, but maybe Vectrena was created to replace Volt because she still hadn't come back from her quest and everyone thought she had met an untimely fate. Of course, that's just my idea.
Hmm. Maybe. I feel that idea may not work out with that possible plot twist I mentioned (Vectrena trying to take over the island/s and using Mega Man & co. as a means of gaining power), but considering it is the virus thingy instead, perhaps it could work out!
Especially considering I don't have enough creativity to give her an entirely original design!
Anyway, I've been sketching around and am working on cracking the design and proportion codes for Mega Man Legends characters! I might be able to get some front-back-side things done if I keep it up!
(Right now I'm working on faces, and trying to find good proportions/positions for a mouth. Wow, being a perfectionist is hard!)

-Totally Sonic

rgl0000
Scratcher
91 posts

Mega Man Rivals!

hahasamian wrote:

rgl0000 wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

Hmm. Maybe. I feel that idea may not work out with that possible plot twist I mentioned (Vectrena trying to take over the island/s and using Mega Man & co. as a means of gaining power), but considering it is the virus thingy instead, perhaps it could work out!
Especially considering I don't have enough creativity to give her an entirely original design!
Anyway, I've been sketching around and am working on cracking the design and proportion codes for Mega Man Legends characters! I might be able to get some front-back-side things done if I keep it up!
(Right now I'm working on faces, and trying to find good proportions/positions for a mouth. Wow, being a perfectionist is hard!)
Make sure not to copy my design, though. Maybe you could give her a red color scheme instead of a pink one and maybe give her a lower face covering like Brake Man's.

Also, when making faces, keep in mind that manga exaggerates facial features. (although I'm pretty sure that's a given)

Last edited by rgl0000 (March 20, 2018 00:24:16)

-rgl0000

-Michael Jackson Batman
hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mega Man Rivals!

rgl0000 wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

rgl0000 wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

Make sure not to copy my design, though. Maybe you could give her a red color scheme instead of a pink one and maybe give her a lower face covering like Brake Man's.

Also, when making faces, keep in mind that manga exaggerates facial features. (although I'm pretty sure that's a given)
I'm working on characters I know already, so I'm just trying to… Coopisa! DEN DEE AHVEN BLOO OP!
…I mean, I'm just trying to get the proportions right on existing characters, from there I should be able to make new ones. And as a perfectionist, I'll probably get it fairly right before I move on.

-Totally Sonic

rgl0000
Scratcher
91 posts

Mega Man Rivals!

So Let's see… to make this easier for me and everyone else, I'm gonna list the robot masters that we have and their elements so we don't have to many robot masters with the same element.

—Electricity—
Retro Man
Mimic Man (yes, I changed his name again)
Short Man

—Earth—
Mine (or Miner) Man

—Air—
Bird Man

—Fire—
Burning Man

That's all of the robot masters as of now, I'll update this post when new ones are thought of.

Last edited by rgl0000 (March 23, 2018 01:24:11)

-rgl0000

-Michael Jackson Batman
hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mega Man Rivals!

rgl0000 wrote:

So Let's see… to make this easier for me and everyone else, I'm gonna list the robot masters that we have and their elements so we don't have to many robot masters with the same element.

—Electricity—
Retro Man

—Earth—
Mine (or Miner) Man

—Air—
Bird Man

—Fire—
Burning Man

That's all of the robot masters as of now, I'll update this post when new ones are thought of.
You forgot Short Man!

-Totally Sonic

rgl0000
Scratcher
91 posts

Mega Man Rivals!

hahasamian wrote:

rgl0000 wrote:

—Electricity—
Retro Man
Short Man

—Earth—
Mine (or Miner) Man

—Air—
Bird Man

—Fire—
Burning Man

You forgot Short Man!
Fixed it.

-rgl0000

-Michael Jackson Batman
hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mega Man Rivals!

rgl0000 wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

rgl0000 wrote:

—Electricity—
Retro Man
Short Man

—Earth—
Mine (or Miner) Man

—Air—
Bird Man

—Fire—
Burning Man

You forgot Short Man!
Fixed it.
There we go.

-Totally Sonic

rgl0000
Scratcher
91 posts

Mega Man Rivals!

Finally uploaded an image of Bird Man!

As you can see, I edit sprites to make my OC's

this one isn't my best

-rgl0000

-Michael Jackson Batman
hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mega Man Rivals!

rgl0000 wrote:

Finally uploaded an image of Bird Man!

As you can see, I edit sprites to make my OC's

this one isn't my best
Well, the one OC I've made as of now looks nearly the same as Tails with minor edits, sooo…
Yeah. I've gotta hone my skills too.
Then again, it has been awhile since I've drawn a character anyway.
Should get back into that.

-Totally Sonic