Discuss Scratch

hahasamian
Scratcher
100+ posts

THE MegaMan/RockMan Thread!

rgl0000 wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

*snip long reaction quote*
Actually, I thought Bon was just really deformed and was only a head originally before he got his robotic body. And I saw the footage in the article about the Donner Wels on MMKB. Also, I'm just planning on making Barrett a supporting character that Volt meets on her journey, not another character on the journey.
Hmm! Interesting footage! I can say Legends 3 wasn't terrible (the gameplay actually does look like a lot of fun), but I still can't get past Barrett!
As for Bon's head, I know, but… still… If you just turn him into a can to kick around… That's just not right!
As for Volt, o…okay.

Does anyone even read these? :P
Sorry if I've caused any forum mischief in the past…
My projects are way better than my early forum posts, trust me.
-Hahasamian
rgl0000
Scratcher
79 posts

I know this may sound cliché because it was kind of already done in the Mega Man comic series, but what if X gets teleported to the past and meets the original Mega Man? This idea was inspired by the beginning of a fan remix of the intro stage from Mega Man 7 that kind of sounded like it was made to sound like the music from Mega Man X. I have no clue what the story should be, though, it's just an idea.

when I receive [enter conversation v]
say [hello] for (2) secs
if <ignored> then
repeat until <not ignored>
change volume by (1,000,000)%
say [CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW!?]
end

hahasamian
Scratcher
100+ posts

rgl0000 wrote:

I know this may sound cliché because it was kind of already done in the Mega Man comic series, but what if X gets teleported to the past and meets the original Mega Man? This idea was inspired by the beginning of a fan remix of the intro stage from Mega Man 7 that kind of sounded like it was made to sound like the music from Mega Man X. I have no clue what the story should be, though, it's just an idea.
I had a whole idea that is just characters from all three Mega Man formulas traveling through time and space to stop the plans of Evil Doctor Shesez (W.I.P. name), who is also traveling around with a plan to kill off all forms of Mega Man apart from Classic! I call it…
"Mega Man Star Bomb
Woobiddydoo"
(Oh, by the way Shesez, they HAVE stopped. For several years now. It kinda irritates me that they haven't even properly acknowledged things like Legends and Battle Network for this long. And obviously it hasn't helped them too much either.)

-Hahasamian
rgl0000
Scratcher
79 posts

Well, here's another game idea. I call it “Legends: Rise of Equinox” The story basically starts out like this: “It's been almost 10 years since these strange half-Reaverbot-half-animals have emerged out of the catacombs and threatened all civilization as we know it. Since then I've formed a sort-of organized resistance to fight off these animals which we now refer to as Cybeasts and take back our land.” The area in quotes is taken from Rivet's “Personal Logs” (basically another term for diary)

Characters: Ok, so Rivet is basically the leader of the resistance against the Cybeasts and is a lot like Axl personality wise, but is 100% serious when it comes to things involving the Resistance. A character I haven't mentioned yet is Solstice, the main protagonist and playable character in the game. Her origins are shrouded in mystery and the player still won't know them by the end of the game. I'm thinking of making her design and fighting style similar to Zero's. And finally, the main antagonist, Equinox. Equinox is the leader of the Cybeasts and is determined to make them the only living beings left on earth. The only thing that stands in his way is a “little pest” which is more commonly known as the Resistance.

Another little thing that I'd like to add is that the Resistance base/airship is modeled after the Gesellschaft. I'm even planning on making the music for Rivet's office on the airship be like this, and if make the ship a main hub, I'll use this music as a track that's played when on the ship during the nighttime.

say [hello] for (2) secs
if <ignored> then
end

hahasamian
Scratcher
100+ posts

rgl0000 wrote:

Well, here's another game idea. I call it “Legends: Rise of Equinox” The story basically starts out like this: “It's been almost 10 years since these strange half-Reaverbot-half-animals have emerged out of the catacombs and threatened all civilization as we know it. Since then I've formed a sort-of organized resistance to fight off these animals which we now refer to as Cybeasts and take back our land.” The area in quotes is taken from Rivet's “Personal Logs” (basically another term for diary)

Characters: Ok, so Rivet is basically the leader of the resistance against the Cybeasts and is a lot like Axl personality wise, but is 100% serious when it comes to things involving the Resistance. A character I haven't mentioned yet is Solstice, the main protagonist and playable character in the game. Her origins are shrouded in mystery and the player still won't know them by the end of the game. I'm thinking of making her design and fighting style similar to Zero's. And finally, the main antagonist, Equinox. Equinox is the leader of the Cybeasts and is determined to make them the only living beings left on earth. The only thing that stands in his way is a “little pest” which is more commonly known as the Resistance.

Another little thing that I'd like to add is that the Resistance base/airship is modeled after the Gesellschaft. I'm even planning on making the music for Rivet's office on the airship be like this, and if make the ship a main hub, I'll use this music as a track that's played when on the ship during the nighttime.
“Sad Teisel Bonne” was actually something I planned on speeding up, overall intensifying, and throwing into a boss battle in Rivals. It's funny how we see the same soundtrack in different ways. Just imagine that “nighttime” theme at double speed with an electric guitar until I make a Proof-Of-Concept remix.
As for the game idea, quite interesting. But I'm pretty sure the Cybeasts evolve from BugFrags several hundred/thousand years later, at which point there are only two. I did actually think up an idea a long while back for something… that happens… somewhere in the Rivals timeline where Mega Man Volnutt actually “Beasts Out”, but I later dropped the concept in deciding that Rivals/Legends probably comes before most other games. Despite what crazy people say. Anyway, getting past the can of worms this series' timeline has become, the concept is quite interesting!

Last edited by hahasamian (May 26, 2018 17:32:45)

-Hahasamian
rgl0000
Scratcher
79 posts

hahasamian wrote:

rgl0000 wrote:

“Sad Teisel Bonne” was actually something I planned on speeding up, overall intensifying, and throwing into a boss battle in Rivals. It's funny how we see the same soundtrack in different ways. Just imagine that “nighttime” theme at double speed with an electric guitar until I make a Proof-Of-Concept remix.
As for the game idea, quite interesting. But I'm pretty sure the Cybeasts evolve from BugFrags several hundred/thousand years later, at which point there are only two. I did actually think up an idea a long while back for something… that happens… somewhere in the Rivals timeline where Mega Man Volnutt actually “Beasts Out”, but I later dropped the concept in deciding that Rivals/Legends probably comes before most other games. Despite what crazy people say. Anyway, getting past the can of worms this series' timeline has become, the concept is quite interesting!
I never thought that that music could be remixed into a boss theme before. It sounds like a pretty cool idea! As for the old concept… yeah.. I think it was a good idea that you dropped it. Although maybe you could do something similar where he gets taken over by the Elder System or the backup for the Master System or something like that.

say [hello] for (2) secs
if <ignored> then
end

hahasamian
Scratcher
100+ posts

rgl0000 wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

rgl0000 wrote:

I never thought that that music could be remixed into a boss theme before. It sounds like a pretty cool idea! As for the old concept… yeah.. I think it was a good idea that you dropped it. Although maybe you could do something similar where he gets taken over by the Elder System or the backup for the Master System or something like that.
OR, as I've thought of in the past, such a thing could be done with Vectrena! But this isn't the Rivals thread, so, let's see…
*TEISEL THEME INTENSIFIES*

-Hahasamian
hahasamian
Scratcher
100+ posts

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm a big Legends fan. So big, in fact, I just decided I'd create a meme!
(here's a URL, CubeUpload got blocked on my PC for some ridiculous reason: https://imgur.com/mvIBE5t)
Thank you, thank you.
That'll probably show up if I review Legends.

Last edited by hahasamian (June 8, 2018 23:57:21)

-Hahasamian
rgl0000
Scratcher
79 posts

hahasamian wrote:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm a big Legends fan. So big, in fact, I just decided I'd create a meme!
(here's a URL, CubeUpload got blocked on my PC for some ridiculous reason: https://imgur.com/mvIBE5t)
Thank you, thank you.
That's a good meme! I've hardly seen any Mega Man memes, let alone Legends specifically. It's very creative.

say [hello] for (2) secs
if <ignored> then
end

hahasamian
Scratcher
100+ posts

rgl0000 wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

Thank you, thank you.
That's a good meme! I've hardly seen any Mega Man memes, let alone Legends specifically. It's very creative.
Oh, I've got a lot more in my head involving Data.
It might get old, but I'll try to post 'em all…
Soon.

-Hahasamian
hahasamian
Scratcher
100+ posts

Here's another, based on a little secret you can trigger in Legends. You have to be careful to hit the right “Yes/No” buttons each time, though.
https://i.imgur.com/VQ1LnmP.png
(He actually says, “You know the saying… Money makes the world go ‘round!”)
And here’s another…
https://i.imgur.com/ii5OmmA.png
And yet another… I'm on fire right now, ladies and gentlemen. (spoilers)
https://i.imgur.com/C4j3dgL.png

Last edited by hahasamian (June 12, 2018 20:44:32)

-Hahasamian