Discuss Scratch

hahasamian
Scratcher
500+ posts

THE MegaMan/RockMan Thread!

I posted this in a Sonic thread, but I don't think anyone there cares.

hahasamian wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

This is not an April Fools post. I'm telling what I know about two different games.
So, as I was going to say, Sonic Adventure and Mega Man Legends actually have several similarities.
1. They both use a classic video game character.
2. They both redesign said character and any surrounding characters.
3. They both put this character into 3D (though Legends didn't have any camera problems).
4. They both have a female character guiding you through several stages (though Roll only tells you things once, and Tikal will tell you things forever).
5. They both have a story with cutscenes.
6. They both have hub worlds.
7. They both have upgrades that let you do things you otherwise couldn't.
8. In both games, by the end you have not really “saved the world”, just a part of it. In the sequels that follow (Sonic Adventure 2, Mega Man Legends 2), you actually save the world.
No one cares about Legends anymore…
Ah well. At least I could enlighten those that are smart enough to read my post proving Sonic Adventure was just copying Mega Man.
Also:
9. The characters gain items to give them extra abilities, such as the Light Speed Shoes, Crystal Ring and Ancient Light in Sonic Adventure, and the Speed Skates, Jump Springs and Drill Arm in Mega Man Legends. The same upgrades show up in the sequels as well.
10. One of your enemies has a giant aircraft that you destroy (at least I'm pretty sure it goes down in Adventure).
But the end of Legends is way better than the end of Sonic Adventure in my opinion. “All's well that ends well”– Look around you! This place is in wreckage! This did not end well!
Meanwhile Capcom knows how to treat someone who attempts to destroy a large group of people: kill him! And delete his backup!

Don't quit life. It's the best RPG out there.
Though admittedly, Mega Man Battle Network 3 comes pretty darn close.
-Hahasamian
Hey! You into Sonic? I've been trying hard to whip up some really good projects surrounding this blue blur!
You can check some of them out here, & Knuckles.
Or alternatively, you can check out all my projects by heading right to my profile (here).
rgl0000
Scratcher
80 posts

THE MegaMan/RockMan Thread!

Well, just came up with an idea for another game. I call it: “Mega Man and Volt 3” Because I am terrible at naming stuff in general. Ironically, you won't be able to play as Mega Man in story mode because he has been captured by Dr. Phantasmo to be used as bate to lure Volt into a trap. Anyways, Volt goes out to rescue him, and that wraps up Volt's basic story in this game! Now on to the new character's story, but first, I have to explain the organization that this new character is from. The organization is known as the “Defenders”, and they are sworn to protect the galaxy from extraterrestrial threats. Of course, we have to have some special members that are set apart from all the rest, and these people are known as the Omega-Class-Defenders. Their job is to protect their respective home worlds from the extraterrestrial threats in case the Defenders guarding the galaxy itself get overrun. (so for each planet in our solar system, there's an Omega-Class-Defender assigned to protect it. (except for Mercury because it's uninhabitable)) The second playable character in this game is an Omega-Class-Defender named Omega-E, who is the protector of earth. And since all Omega-Class-Defenders are natives of the planet that they're protecting, Omega-E is the only known human member of the defenders. Anyways, Omega-E's story is this: After Dr. Phantasmo lured the other Omega-Class-Defenders (Omega-V, Omega-M, Omega-S, Omega-J, Omega-U, Omega-N, and Omega-P) into a trap and made them slaves under his mind control device, he went back to earth with them ready to divide and concur. Omega-E, knowing that something was up, decided to go down to earth and investigate, thereby starting her adventure.

I was also thinking of making the special second-to-last boss of the game the other playable character. (So if you're playing as Volt, Omega-E would be the second-to last-boss and vise-versa) I was thinking of having them fight because of a misunderstanding between the two, making them think that the other was working for Phantasmo.



An image of Omega-E edited off of a Proto Man sprite, a Bass sprite, and a Mega Man sprite

Last edited by rgl0000 (April 5, 2018 00:19:11)


when I receive [enter conversation v]
say [hello] for (2) secs
if <ignored> then
repeat until <not ignored>
change volume by (1,000,000)%
say [CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW!?]
end

hahasamian
Scratcher
500+ posts

THE MegaMan/RockMan Thread!

rgl0000 wrote:

Well, just came up with an idea for another game. I call it: “Mega Man and Volt 3” Because I am terrible at naming stuff in general. Ironically, you won't be able to play as Mega Man in story mode because he has been captured by Dr. Phantasmo to be used as bate to lure Volt into a trap. Anyways, Volt goes out to rescue him, and that wraps up Volt's basic story in this game! Now on to the new character's story, but first, I have to explain the organization that this new character is from. The organization is known as the “Defenders”, and they are sworn to protect the galaxy from extraterrestrial threats. Of course, we have to have some special members that are set apart from all the rest, and these people are known as the Omega-Class-Defenders. Their job is to protect their respective home worlds from the extraterrestrial threats in case the Defenders guarding the galaxy itself get overrun. (so for each planet in our solar system, there's an Omega-Class-Defender assigned to protect it. (except for Mercury because it's uninhabitable)) The second playable character in this game is an Omega-Class-Defender named Omega-E, who is the protector of earth. And since all Omega-Class-Defenders are natives of the planet that they're protecting, Omega-E is the only known human member of the defenders. Anyways, Omega-E's story is this: After Dr. Phantasmo lured the other Omega-Class-Defenders (Omega-V, Omega-M, Omega-S, Omega-J, Omega-U, Omega-N, and Omega-P) into a trap and made them slaves under his mind control device, he went back to earth with them ready to divide and concur. Omega-E, knowing that something was up, decided to go down to earth and investigate, thereby starting her adventure.

I was also thinking of making the special second-to-last boss of the game the other playable character. (So if you're playing as Volt, Omega-E would be the second-to last-boss and vise-versa) I was thinking of having them fight because of a misunderstanding between the two, making them think that the other was working for Phantasmo.



An image of Omega-E edited off of a Proto Man sprite, a Bass sprite, and a Mega Man sprite
Interesting! Very interesting!
One little tip:
if the main character is not Mega Man, I'd recommend using “Mega Man and Volt 3” as a sub-title, and giving it a main title that might be more appropriate for a game where you don't actually play as Mega Man. For example, I might do:
"Mega Man Legends 3-
More than Rocket Science"
Nintendo also did this way-back-when;

Don't quit life. It's the best RPG out there.
Though admittedly, Mega Man Battle Network 3 comes pretty darn close.
-Hahasamian
Hey! You into Sonic? I've been trying hard to whip up some really good projects surrounding this blue blur!
You can check some of them out here, & Knuckles.
Or alternatively, you can check out all my projects by heading right to my profile (here).
rgl0000
Scratcher
80 posts

THE MegaMan/RockMan Thread!

hahasamian wrote:

rgl0000 wrote:

Well, just came up with an idea for another game. I call it: “Mega Man and Volt 3” Because I am terrible at naming stuff in general. Ironically, you won't be able to play as Mega Man in story mode because he has been captured by Dr. Phantasmo to be used as bate to lure Volt into a trap. Anyways, Volt goes out to rescue him, and that wraps up Volt's basic story in this game! Now on to the new character's story, but first, I have to explain the organization that this new character is from. The organization is known as the “Defenders”, and they are sworn to protect the galaxy from extraterrestrial threats. Of course, we have to have some special members that are set apart from all the rest, and these people are known as the Omega-Class-Defenders. Their job is to protect their respective home worlds from the extraterrestrial threats in case the Defenders guarding the galaxy itself get overrun. (so for each planet in our solar system, there's an Omega-Class-Defender assigned to protect it. (except for Mercury because it's uninhabitable)) The second playable character in this game is an Omega-Class-Defender named Omega-E, who is the protector of earth. And since all Omega-Class-Defenders are natives of the planet that they're protecting, Omega-E is the only known human member of the defenders. Anyways, Omega-E's story is this: After Dr. Phantasmo lured the other Omega-Class-Defenders (Omega-V, Omega-M, Omega-S, Omega-J, Omega-U, Omega-N, and Omega-P) into a trap and made them slaves under his mind control device, he went back to earth with them ready to divide and concur. Omega-E, knowing that something was up, decided to go down to earth and investigate, thereby starting her adventure.

I was also thinking of making the special second-to-last boss of the game the other playable character. (So if you're playing as Volt, Omega-E would be the second-to last-boss and vise-versa) I was thinking of having them fight because of a misunderstanding between the two, making them think that the other was working for Phantasmo.



An image of Omega-E edited off of a Proto Man sprite, a Bass sprite, and a Mega Man sprite
Interesting! Very interesting!
One little tip:
if the main character is not Mega Man, I'd recommend using “Mega Man and Volt 3” as a sub-title, and giving it a main title that might be more appropriate for a game where you don't actually play as Mega Man. For example, I might do:
"Mega Man Legends 3-
More than Rocket Science"
Nintendo also did this way-back-when;
Ah, I see where you're heading. So instead of just using Mega Man and Volt 3, I should do….

"Mega Man and Volt 3
The Return of Dr. Phantasomo“
or something like that.

Maybe I should do something related to space, like…

Mega Man and Volt 3
Galaxy defenders“

Of course, they aren't really defending the galaxy… maybe…

Mega Man and Volt 3
Heroes of earth"

when I receive [enter conversation v]
say [hello] for (2) secs
if <ignored> then
repeat until <not ignored>
change volume by (1,000,000)%
say [CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW!?]
end

hahasamian
Scratcher
500+ posts

THE MegaMan/RockMan Thread!

rgl0000 wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

One little tip:
if the main character is not Mega Man, I'd recommend using “Mega Man and Volt 3” as a sub-title, and giving it a main title that might be more appropriate for a game where you don't actually play as Mega Man. For example, I might do:
"Mega Man Legends 3-
More than Rocket Science“
Nintendo also did this way-back-when;
Super Mario Bros. 4-
Super Mario World"
Ah, I see where you're heading. So instead of just using Mega Man and Volt 3, I should do….

"Mega Man and Volt 3
The Return of Dr. Phantasomo“
or something like that.

Maybe I should do something related to space, like…

Mega Man and Volt 3
Galaxy defenders“

Of course, they aren't really defending the galaxy… maybe…

Mega Man and Volt 3
Heroes of earth"
Yeah, something like that.

Last edited by hahasamian (April 15, 2018 00:57:11)


Don't quit life. It's the best RPG out there.
Though admittedly, Mega Man Battle Network 3 comes pretty darn close.
-Hahasamian
Hey! You into Sonic? I've been trying hard to whip up some really good projects surrounding this blue blur!
You can check some of them out here, & Knuckles.
Or alternatively, you can check out all my projects by heading right to my profile (here).
hahasamian
Scratcher
500+ posts

THE MegaMan/RockMan Thread!

Gotta stress again, the NetBattle system is a whole lot of fun for someone into puzzles and action games. I can't say it's for everyone, but it is ridiculously fun for people like me. It's like a game of digital chess, on an epic scale. Select your pieces. Figure out how they work. Master them. Then, prepare for a fight where you'll have to think and act fast, using every attack to its fullest potential. Here we go…
Battle routine, set!
Execute!

Don't quit life. It's the best RPG out there.
Though admittedly, Mega Man Battle Network 3 comes pretty darn close.
-Hahasamian
Hey! You into Sonic? I've been trying hard to whip up some really good projects surrounding this blue blur!
You can check some of them out here, & Knuckles.
Or alternatively, you can check out all my projects by heading right to my profile (here).
rgl0000
Scratcher
80 posts

THE MegaMan/RockMan Thread!

Sprite designs for Roll and Quint.




I'm thinking of giving Quint a special attack that involves his pogo-stick-drill-hybrid-thingy, but I'm most likely going to have to make the sprites of it myself.
Also, do you think there should be something that I should add to Roll's design?

when I receive [enter conversation v]
say [hello] for (2) secs
if <ignored> then
repeat until <not ignored>
change volume by (1,000,000)%
say [CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW!?]
end

hahasamian
Scratcher
500+ posts

THE MegaMan/RockMan Thread!

rgl0000 wrote:

Sprite designs for Roll and Quint.




I'm thinking of giving Quint a special attack that involves his pogo-stick-drill-hybrid-thingy, but I'm most likely going to have to make the sprites of it myself.
Also, do you think there should be something that I should add to Roll's design?
Roll.
I'm sorry

Last edited by hahasamian (April 10, 2018 01:02:11)


Don't quit life. It's the best RPG out there.
Though admittedly, Mega Man Battle Network 3 comes pretty darn close.
-Hahasamian
Hey! You into Sonic? I've been trying hard to whip up some really good projects surrounding this blue blur!
You can check some of them out here, & Knuckles.
Or alternatively, you can check out all my projects by heading right to my profile (here).
rgl0000
Scratcher
80 posts

THE MegaMan/RockMan Thread!

hahasamian wrote:

rgl0000 wrote:

Sprite designs for Roll and Quint.




I'm thinking of giving Quint a special attack that involves his pogo-stick-drill-hybrid-thingy, but I'm most likely going to have to make the sprites of it myself.
Also, do you think there should be something that I should add to Roll's design?
Roll.
I'm sorry
Alright, I'll take that as a “nothing to add”, then. Considering that I don't really know Mega Man lingo…
Anyways, I'm also planning on giving Roll and Proto Man special attacks to start out with as well. I was thinking of giving Roll a charge shot attack, and giving Proto Man a new attack of my own imagination called “Shield Dash”, where Proto Man grabs his shield and charges at the selected enemy with it.

when I receive [enter conversation v]
say [hello] for (2) secs
if <ignored> then
repeat until <not ignored>
change volume by (1,000,000)%
say [CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW!?]
end

hahasamian
Scratcher
500+ posts

THE MegaMan/RockMan Thread!

rgl0000 wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

rgl0000 wrote:

Sprite designs for Roll and Quint.
Images of Roll and Quint here
I'm thinking of giving Quint a special attack that involves his pogo-stick-drill-hybrid-thingy, but I'm most likely going to have to make the sprites of it myself.
Also, do you think there should be something that I should add to Roll's design?
Roll.
I'm sorry
Alright, I'll take that as a “nothing to add”, then. Considering that I don't really know Mega Man lingo…
Anyways, I'm also planning on giving Roll and Proto Man special attacks to start out with as well. I was thinking of giving Roll a charge shot attack, and giving Proto Man a new attack of my own imagination called “Shield Dash”, where Proto Man grabs his shield and charges at the selected enemy with it.
No, no, I said, add Roll to Roll's design. It needs to look more like Roll.
But I might be wrong, looking at the NES sprites again. I'm just not sure… Something seems off (apart from that Roll is in armor).
Hm. The special attacks sound interesting. That gives me another idea: what if we had normal (unlimited) and special (limited) attacks for every Element in a Mega Man game? I might end up doing that in Rivals or something.

Don't quit life. It's the best RPG out there.
Though admittedly, Mega Man Battle Network 3 comes pretty darn close.
-Hahasamian
Hey! You into Sonic? I've been trying hard to whip up some really good projects surrounding this blue blur!
You can check some of them out here, & Knuckles.
Or alternatively, you can check out all my projects by heading right to my profile (here).
rgl0000
Scratcher
80 posts

THE MegaMan/RockMan Thread!

hahasamian wrote:

rgl0000 wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

rgl0000 wrote:

Sprite designs for Roll and Quint.
Images of Roll and Quint here
I'm thinking of giving Quint a special attack that involves his pogo-stick-drill-hybrid-thingy, but I'm most likely going to have to make the sprites of it myself.
Also, do you think there should be something that I should add to Roll's design?
Roll.
I'm sorry
Alright, I'll take that as a “nothing to add”, then. Considering that I don't really know Mega Man lingo…
Anyways, I'm also planning on giving Roll and Proto Man special attacks to start out with as well. I was thinking of giving Roll a charge shot attack, and giving Proto Man a new attack of my own imagination called “Shield Dash”, where Proto Man grabs his shield and charges at the selected enemy with it.
No, no, I said, add Roll to Roll's design. It needs to look more like Roll.
But I might be wrong, looking at the NES sprites again. I'm just not sure… Something seems off (apart from that Roll is in armor).
Hm. The special attacks sound interesting. That gives me another idea: what if we had normal (unlimited) and special (limited) attacks for every Element in a Mega Man game? I might end up doing that in Rivals or something.
Let's see… in some of her more recent sprites she has a green bow in her hair, so maybe I should add a recolored version of that bow to her design? …Maybe? No, probably wouldn't look good… Yeah, in Proto Man battle I'm planning on having all special attacks take energy away from your MP bar, and regular attacks that don't take MP away restore energy to your MP bar. I'm thinking of renaming “Magic Power” to “Special Power”, since there really are no attacks in this game that actually involve magic.

when I receive [enter conversation v]
say [hello] for (2) secs
if <ignored> then
repeat until <not ignored>
change volume by (1,000,000)%
say [CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW!?]
end

hahasamian
Scratcher
500+ posts

THE MegaMan/RockMan Thread!

rgl0000 wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

rgl0000 wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

rgl0000 wrote:

Sprite designs for Roll and Quint.
Images of Roll and Quint here
I'm thinking of giving Quint a special attack that involves his pogo-stick-drill-hybrid-thingy, but I'm most likely going to have to make the sprites of it myself.
Also, do you think there should be something that I should add to Roll's design?
Roll.
I'm sorry
Alright, I'll take that as a “nothing to add”, then. Considering that I don't really know Mega Man lingo…
Anyways, I'm also planning on giving Roll and Proto Man special attacks to start out with as well. I was thinking of giving Roll a charge shot attack, and giving Proto Man a new attack of my own imagination called “Shield Dash”, where Proto Man grabs his shield and charges at the selected enemy with it.
No, no, I said, add Roll to Roll's design. It needs to look more like Roll.
But I might be wrong, looking at the NES sprites again. I'm just not sure… Something seems off (apart from that Roll is in armor).
Hm. The special attacks sound interesting. That gives me another idea: what if we had normal (unlimited) and special (limited) attacks for every Element in a Mega Man game? I might end up doing that in Rivals or something.
Let's see… in some of her more recent sprites she has a green bow in her hair, so maybe I should add a recolored version of that bow to her design? …Maybe? No, probably wouldn't look good… Yeah, in Proto Man battle I'm planning on having all special attacks take energy away from your MP bar, and regular attacks that don't take MP away restore energy to your MP bar. I'm thinking of renaming “Magic Power” to “Special Power”, since there really are no attacks in this game that actually involve magic.
Maybe I just have a problem with blue armor on a character who wears a red dress.
Anyway, I might try my hand at my own, for fun…
As for the RPG-battle game, there's this game “Mega Man: Battle Chip Challenge” I've been playing. It features more turn-based gameplay, a character select, and stuff. You might wanna look into it. I like the game, the presentation is great, but it doesn't seem quite for some reason. Maybe it's the menu thingy instead of a hub and explorable worlds like Battle Network.

Don't quit life. It's the best RPG out there.
Though admittedly, Mega Man Battle Network 3 comes pretty darn close.
-Hahasamian
Hey! You into Sonic? I've been trying hard to whip up some really good projects surrounding this blue blur!
You can check some of them out here, & Knuckles.
Or alternatively, you can check out all my projects by heading right to my profile (here).
rgl0000
Scratcher
80 posts

THE MegaMan/RockMan Thread!

hahasamian wrote:

rgl0000 wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

rgl0000 wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

rgl0000 wrote:

Sprite designs for Roll and Quint.
Images of Roll and Quint here
I'm thinking of giving Quint a special attack that involves his pogo-stick-drill-hybrid-thingy, but I'm most likely going to have to make the sprites of it myself.
Also, do you think there should be something that I should add to Roll's design?
Roll.
I'm sorry
Alright, I'll take that as a “nothing to add”, then. Considering that I don't really know Mega Man lingo…
Anyways, I'm also planning on giving Roll and Proto Man special attacks to start out with as well. I was thinking of giving Roll a charge shot attack, and giving Proto Man a new attack of my own imagination called “Shield Dash”, where Proto Man grabs his shield and charges at the selected enemy with it.
No, no, I said, add Roll to Roll's design. It needs to look more like Roll.
But I might be wrong, looking at the NES sprites again. I'm just not sure… Something seems off (apart from that Roll is in armor).
Hm. The special attacks sound interesting. That gives me another idea: what if we had normal (unlimited) and special (limited) attacks for every Element in a Mega Man game? I might end up doing that in Rivals or something.
Let's see… in some of her more recent sprites she has a green bow in her hair, so maybe I should add a recolored version of that bow to her design? …Maybe? No, probably wouldn't look good… Yeah, in Proto Man battle I'm planning on having all special attacks take energy away from your MP bar, and regular attacks that don't take MP away restore energy to your MP bar. I'm thinking of renaming “Magic Power” to “Special Power”, since there really are no attacks in this game that actually involve magic.
Maybe I just have a problem with blue armor on a character who wears a red dress.
Anyway, I might try my hand at my own, for fun…
As for the RPG-battle game, there's this game “Mega Man: Battle Chip Challenge” I've been playing. It features more turn-based gameplay, a character select, and stuff. You might wanna look into it. I like the game, the presentation is great, but it doesn't seem quite for some reason. Maybe it's the menu thingy instead of a hub and explorable worlds like Battle Network.
Alright, I'll see if I can look into it.
(after I read through a long section about gameplay and other things…)
Interesting…. You basically set up battle chips strategically and watch the battle play out. I've never really seen this concept in a game before. It sounds tempting… but I'd rather make the battle system of this game different so the player has a little more control. Still, it's a very interesting and unique concept.

when I receive [enter conversation v]
say [hello] for (2) secs
if <ignored> then
repeat until <not ignored>
change volume by (1,000,000)%
say [CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW!?]
end

hahasamian
Scratcher
500+ posts

THE MegaMan/RockMan Thread!

rgl0000 wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

As for the RPG-battle game, there's this game “Mega Man: Battle Chip Challenge” I've been playing. It features more turn-based gameplay, a character select, and stuff. You might wanna look into it. I like the game, the presentation is great, but it doesn't seem quite right for some reason. Maybe it's the menu thingy instead of a hub and explorable worlds like Battle Network.
Alright, I'll see if I can look into it.
(after I read through a long section about gameplay and other things…)
Interesting…. You basically set up battle chips strategically and watch the battle play out. I've never really seen this concept in a game before. It sounds tempting… but I'd rather make the battle system of this game different so the player has a little more control. Still, it's a very interesting and unique concept.
The main problem I've discovered I have with the game is that there isn't much to do… It seems under-developed, which is further established by the fact that it has 16 tracks in its OST compared to Battle Network 6's 36.
It does appear to have the same number of BattleChips, though, and a wide range of characters; it looks like there's plenty of references to Battle Network games 1, 2, and 3. And hey, I get to school Mrs. Mari. Best thing ever happened to Battle Network.
Oh, also, it seems like Sonic Battle a little in that they threw in a different musical style that used less of the 8-bit sounds. And I think I'm hearing Kirby's GBA games in some of these soundtracks…
I just read IGN's review, it was fairly negative, and I can see where they're coming from… I think they missed that you can just press B to have the game automatically press A rapidly for you during battles… I think what this game needs is a more fully-developed port, something closer to Misadventures of Tron Bonne, at least… At most, a fully-fledged Battle Network game.

Last edited by hahasamian (April 19, 2018 17:50:59)


Don't quit life. It's the best RPG out there.
Though admittedly, Mega Man Battle Network 3 comes pretty darn close.
-Hahasamian
Hey! You into Sonic? I've been trying hard to whip up some really good projects surrounding this blue blur!
You can check some of them out here, & Knuckles.
Or alternatively, you can check out all my projects by heading right to my profile (here).
rgl0000
Scratcher
80 posts

THE MegaMan/RockMan Thread!

Just read Mega Man X4's story, it was pretty sad (the emotional sadness to be specific). I felt pretty bad for Iris, she was completely innocent, and because of her death, the “What am I fighting for?” scene exists. And if you're really going to kill of a hero or heroine, it's best to give them a heroic death than just having some guy that's 5 times smaller than them just destroy them without mercy. (sorry if I offended any Zero fans out there, but I'm sorry, he most likely could have literally done anything else to stop her like try and calm her down and explain what happened or even try to run away) But, anyways, enough of my criticism, lets get to what I'm trying to introduce here.

I call it: “The Last Maverick Hunters” (yeah, the title needs work)

It basically answers the question of what happened to Axl (the only prominent hunter that doesn't have an explained demise) and gives Iris a new, and more heroic, death. (Did that sound a little wrong to you? Because it kinda did to me.) Although I'm still trying to come up with ideas of Mavericks…
Maybe I should base them off of the Robot Masters from Mega Man 1…
So maybe I could do Fire Falcon, Ice Iguana, Guts Groundhog, Cut Cardinal, Bomb Bear, and Elec Elephant (Nope, that doesn't sound right) Elec Elk (That'll do until I find a better animal who's name begins with the letter “E”)

Last edited by rgl0000 (April 20, 2018 01:47:35)


when I receive [enter conversation v]
say [hello] for (2) secs
if <ignored> then
repeat until <not ignored>
change volume by (1,000,000)%
say [CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW!?]
end

hahasamian
Scratcher
500+ posts

THE MegaMan/RockMan Thread!

rgl0000 wrote:

Just read Mega Man X4's story, it was pretty sad (the emotional sadness to be specific). I felt pretty bad for Iris, she was completely innocent, and because of her death, the “What am I fighting for?” scene exists. And if you're really going to kill of a hero or heroine, it's best to give them a heroic death than just having some guy that's 5 times smaller than them just destroy them without mercy. (sorry if I offended any Zero fans out there, but I'm sorry, he most likely could have literally done anything else to stop her like try and calm her down and explain what happened or even try to run away) But, anyways, enough of my criticism, lets get to what I'm trying to introduce here.

I call it: “The Last Maverick Hunters” (yeah, the title needs work)

It basically answers the question of what happened to Axl (the only prominent hunter that doesn't have an explained demise) and gives Iris a new, and more heroic, death. (Did that sound a little wrong to you? Because it kinda did to me.) Although I'm still trying to come up with ideas of Mavericks…
Maybe I should base them off of the Robot Masters from Mega Man 1…
So maybe I could do Fire Falcon, Ice Iguana, Guts Groundhog, Cut Cardinal, Bomb Bear, and Elec Elephant (Nope, that doesn't sound right) Elec Elk (That'll do until I find a better animal who's name begins with the letter “E”)
Huh.
Until now I've basically only known Iris.exe (though searching on MMKB led me to discover she was based on an Iris from X, upon whose sight I quickly redirected to the .exe page) (sorry). The story looks interesting, though I'm not sure she can replace the Iris I remember. Perhaps I just need to, as I have done with other series, open myself up to the X series. After all, they technically did make Iris first, just not the one I know.
I should probably look into it. I'll probably get X Collection too.
Aha! I don't see Inafune mentioned as her designer! That explains it!

Don't quit life. It's the best RPG out there.
Though admittedly, Mega Man Battle Network 3 comes pretty darn close.
-Hahasamian
Hey! You into Sonic? I've been trying hard to whip up some really good projects surrounding this blue blur!
You can check some of them out here, & Knuckles.
Or alternatively, you can check out all my projects by heading right to my profile (here).
rgl0000
Scratcher
80 posts

THE MegaMan/RockMan Thread!

After browsing some info on the Bonne family on MMKB I found some pretty neat trivial facts about what could have happened in the Mega Man Legends 3 game.

Fun Fact #1: It was hinted to on a post in Devroom that Bon would've had all of his parts sold to fund for the building of the rocket and he would be left with just a head which can be kicked. (That sounds a little like child abuse considering Bon is a baby. But it's just a video game so I'm sure it would've been alright)

Fun Fact #2: The Bonnes will set up a takoyaki stand on Klickelan Island? What?
(after looking up info about the two words that I probably don't know how to pronounce…) Ok, so Klickelan Island is a place that was set to appear in Legends 3 and takoyaki is a type of food in Japan that's in the shape of a ball.

Fun Fact #3: Barrett fights a mecha piloted by the Bonne family which is known as the Donner Wels. I think the design is really cool. And by the looks of the demo fight footage, it's a challenging battle. But considering Barret's moves, it's probably easier than it looks.

Speaking of Barrett, I might include him in that one story about the Legends version of Volt that I was talking about earlier.

when I receive [enter conversation v]
say [hello] for (2) secs
if <ignored> then
repeat until <not ignored>
change volume by (1,000,000)%
say [CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW!?]
end

hahasamian
Scratcher
500+ posts

THE MegaMan/RockMan Thread!

rgl0000 wrote:

After browsing some info on the Bonne family on MMKB I found some pretty neat trivial facts about what could have happened in the Mega Man Legends 3 game.

Fun Fact #1: It was hinted to on a post in Devroom that Bon would've had all of his parts sold to fund for the building of the rocket and he would be left with just a head which can be kicked. (That sounds a little like child abuse considering Bon is a baby. But it's just a video game so I'm sure it would've been alright)
See? SEE what's wrong with Legends 3? They KILLED Bon Bonne! His Roll-I mean, role was minor in Legends 2, and now we've killed him entirely! And get to kick his disembodied head around!
(kicking Servbots was more fun… now they just… hang on us? Is that what I saw in some footage?)

rgl0000 wrote:

Fun Fact #2: The Bonnes will set up a takoyaki stand on Klickelan Island? What?
(after looking up info about the two words that I probably don't know how to pronounce…) Ok, so Klickelan Island is a place that was set to appear in Legends 3 and takoyaki is a type of food in Japan that's in the shape of a ball.
In…ter…est…ing. If anything, the Bonnes should be selling music. After all, awesome, exiting music is what they're best known for (in Legends 1, at least).

rgl0000 wrote:

Fun Fact #3: Barrett fights a mecha piloted by the Bonne family which is known as the Donner Wels. I think the design is really cool. And by the looks of the demo fight footage, it's a challenging battle. But considering Barret's moves, it's probably easier than it looks.
…Huh? That boss music… That's not the Bonnes! At least that intro… Sounds like Star Force (if anything)! Couldn't find any footage though.

rgl0000 wrote:

Speaking of Barrett, I might include him in that one story about the Legends version of Volt that I was talking about earlier.
Ahm… Ah… Ahm… Just for him replacing Mega Man in what obviously should be his game… I disagree.

Last edited by hahasamian (May 7, 2018 21:09:31)


Don't quit life. It's the best RPG out there.
Though admittedly, Mega Man Battle Network 3 comes pretty darn close.
-Hahasamian
Hey! You into Sonic? I've been trying hard to whip up some really good projects surrounding this blue blur!
You can check some of them out here, & Knuckles.
Or alternatively, you can check out all my projects by heading right to my profile (here).
FlinxtheCat
Scratcher
100+ posts

THE MegaMan/RockMan Thread!

Catch and pong are good start games.
rgl0000
Scratcher
80 posts

THE MegaMan/RockMan Thread!

hahasamian wrote:

rgl0000 wrote:

After browsing some info on the Bonne family on MMKB I found some pretty neat trivial facts about what could have happened in the Mega Man Legends 3 game.

Fun Fact #1: It was hinted to on a post in Devroom that Bon would've had all of his parts sold to fund for the building of the rocket and he would be left with just a head which can be kicked. (That sounds a little like child abuse considering Bon is a baby. But it's just a video game so I'm sure it would've been alright)
See? SEE what's wrong with Legends 3? They KILLED Bon Bonne! His Roll-I mean, role was minor in Legends 2, and now we've killed him entirely! And get to kick his disembodied head around!
(kicking Servbots was more fun… now they just… hang on us? Is that what I saw in some footage?)

rgl0000 wrote:

Fun Fact #2: The Bonnes will set up a takoyaki stand on Klickelan Island? What?
(after looking up info about the two words that I probably don't know how to pronounce…) Ok, so Klickelan Island is a place that was set to appear in Legends 3 and takoyaki is a type of food in Japan that's in the shape of a ball.
In…ter…est…ing. If anything, the Bonnes should be selling music. After all, awesome, exiting music is what they're best known for (in Legends 1, at least).

rgl0000 wrote:

Fun Fact #3: Barrett fights a mecha piloted by the Bonne family which is known as the Donner Wels. I think the design is really cool. And by the looks of the demo fight footage, it's a challenging battle. But considering Barret's moves, it's probably easier than it looks.
…Huh? That boss music… That's not the Bonnes! At least that intro… Sounds like Star Force (if anything)! Couldn't find any footage though.

rgl0000 wrote:

Speaking of Barrett, I might include him in that one story about the Legends version of Volt that I was talking about earlier.
Ahm… Ah… Ahm… Just for him replacing Mega Man in what obviously should be his game… I disagree.
Actually, I thought Bon was just really deformed and was only a head originally before he got his robotic body. And I saw the footage in the article about the Donner Wels on MMKB. Also, I'm just planning on making Barrett a supporting character that Volt meets on her journey, not another character on the journey.

Last edited by rgl0000 (May 7, 2018 22:09:03)


when I receive [enter conversation v]
say [hello] for (2) secs
if <ignored> then
repeat until <not ignored>
change volume by (1,000,000)%
say [CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW!?]
end

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile