Discuss Scratch

hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

THE MegaMan/RockMan Thread!

Hey guys, thought I'd make a little contribution to these community forums!
Seriously, people, there is a Mighty No. 9 thread, and no thread for just MegaMan!
I have decided this must be changed immediately. Here we go.
So, RULES:
Rule number 1: anyone can talk about any MegaMan/RockMan game or series. I find this very important, as I am a Legends fan myself.
Rule number 2: NO inappropriate content or links to said content, even if it is from a MegaMan/RockMan game, even Legends! Actually, as a Legends fan, I also find this rule very important.
Rule number 3: obey the Scratch Community Guidelines.
Rule number 4: there is no rule number 4!
Have fun!

You know why they call ‘em “speed bumps”?
It’s because you're supposed to go super fast so when ya hit it, ya go flying through the air!

-Totally Sonic

Hey there. I'm Hahasamian! I make Sonic game projects! I'm 18, so I'm growing out of growing out of Scratch, but I do wanna do something cool here first. Work's been a bit slow lately, but I try to put something good out every now-and-again!

You can check out all my existing projects by heading to my profile (here).
hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Apparently there was a Mega Man thread, but not too well-known, old, and a bit unpolished. I'm gonna keep this one anyway unless a mod or someone objects!

Last edited by hahasamian (July 25, 2018 20:22:53)

It’s because you're supposed to go super fast so when ya hit it, ya go flying through the air!

-Totally Sonic

Hey there. I'm Hahasamian! I make Sonic game projects! I'm 18, so I'm growing out of growing out of Scratch, but I do wanna do something cool here first. Work's been a bit slow lately, but I try to put something good out every now-and-again!

rgl0000
Scratcher
91 posts

Ok, now that I'm finally back on scratch I can now fully share my idea. So, as I was rabbit trailing in the Mega Man Rivals forum earlier… “I've been trying to write a story about Volt finding out her true origins. I'm thinking of making it take place around the same time of Rivals so she doesn't interfere with that story. (yes, I like making my fandoms line up with other people's fandoms) So, want to hear the introduction in “base-format” form?” (yep, I just copied and pasted it from the original forum that it was on)

“When life gives you lemons, sell them and make a profit.”
-rgl0000

“If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make a change. Hooo”
-Michael Jackson Batman
hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

rgl0000 wrote:

Ok, now that I'm finally back on scratch I can now fully share my idea. So, as I was rabbit trailing in the Mega Man Rivals forum earlier… “I've been trying to write a story about Volt finding out her true origins. I'm thinking of making it take place around the same time of Rivals so she doesn't interfere with that story. (yes, I like making my fandoms line up with other people's fandoms) So, want to hear the introduction in “base-format” form?” (yep, I just copied and pasted it from the original forum that it was on)
Why not? After all, I said you could.

-Totally Sonic

rgl0000
Scratcher
91 posts

hahasamian wrote:

rgl0000 wrote:

Why not? After all, I said you could.
Alright, so… since this is in base-format form, I'll be directly describing everything.
Our story starts off shortly after Roll, Tron, and Volt get Mega Man off of Ellysium. Volt and Tron are playing a high stakes game of their version of chess. Volt is wagering a large amount of zeny, (I think that's how you spell it) and Tron is wagering one of her servbots. Volt wins and now has rightful ownership of the servbot. She gives it a blue top so it can be recognized easier, and gives it the name “Servo” And now this is where the story really begins to play out. Volt overhears a conversation between Roll and Barrell. Barrel asks Roll what she did with Volt and Roll tells him about the adventure she had with getting Mega Man off of Ellysium. Barrell then gets upset at Roll for programing Volt to retrieve him. Roll wonders why he's upset about that and Barrell explains that he didn't create Volt at all and that he found a “normal” looking Volt lying unconscious and fatally wounded out side of the ruins of an ancient temple. He then goes on to explain that he gave her cybernetics so she could survive. Long story short, after she overhears the conversation, Volt has a dramatic argument with Roll and leaves along with Servo to find the temple and her origins.

-rgl0000

“If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make a change. Hooo”
-Michael Jackson Batman
RandomCatz4Life
Scratcher
100+ posts

I've never played any of these games before but I like megamans' eyes.

I'm sorry

she / her / hers

<3
hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

rgl0000 wrote:

Alright, so… since this is in base-format form, I'll be directly describing everything.
Our story starts off shortly after Roll, Tron, and Volt get Mega Man off of Ellysium. Volt and Tron are playing a high stakes game of their version of chess. Volt is wagering a large amount of zeny, (I think that's how you spell it) and Tron is wagering one of her servbots. Volt wins and now has rightful ownership of the servbot. She gives it a blue top so it can be recognized easier, and gives it the name “Servo” And now this is where the story really begins to play out. Volt overhears a conversation between Roll and Barrell. Barrel asks Roll what she did with Volt and Roll tells him about the adventure she had with getting Mega Man off of Ellysium. Barrell then gets upset at Roll for programing Volt to retrieve him. Roll wonders why he's upset about that and Barrell explains that he didn't create Volt at all and that he found a “normal” looking Volt lying unconscious and fatally wounded out side of the ruins of an ancient temple. He then goes on to explain that he gave her cybernetics so she could survive. Long story short, after she overhears the conversation, Volt has a dramatic argument with Roll and leaves along with Servo to find the temple and her origins.
(It's Zenny, heehee!)
Anyway, sounds interesting! Considering I ever make Rivals, I may sneak in a Volt Classic mode… You could do co-op with “Servo”, too! Not sure how well an Adventure Mode would work out though…

-Totally Sonic

hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

RandomCatz4Life wrote:

I've never played any of these games before but I like megamans' eyes.

I'm sorry
“I mean, your body leaves a little something to be desired, but your face is so cute!”
-Random NPC in Mega Man Legends

-Totally Sonic

rgl0000
Scratcher
91 posts

hahasamian wrote:

rgl0000 wrote:

(It's Zenny, heehee!)
Anyway, sounds interesting! Considering I ever make Rivals, I may sneak in a Volt Classic mode… You could do co-op with “Servo”, too! Not sure how well an Adventure Mode would work out though…
It's alright, you don't have to. (Though it would be funny if we pulled a Sonic Forces and added a downloadable add-on to the game! Of course, I think I'd be making the add-on if that were to happen. (at least I'd supply you with the sprites))

-rgl0000

-Michael Jackson Batman
hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

rgl0000 wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

(It's Zenny, heehee!)
It's alright, you don't have to. (Though it would be funny if we pulled a Sonic Forces and added a downloadable add-on to the game! Of course, I think I'd be making the add-on if that were to happen. (at least I'd supply you with the sprites))
“sprites”? “SPRITES”?? “SPRITES”?!? We're talkin' UE4 here! Who uses sprites? (Heehee!)

-Totally Sonic

rgl0000
Scratcher
91 posts

hahasamian wrote:

rgl0000 wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

(It's Zenny, heehee!)
“sprites”? “SPRITES”?? “SPRITES”?!? We're talkin' UE4 here! Who uses sprites? (Heehee!)
Maybe I should brush up on my engines… I only know how retro games work, and, of course, those games involve sprites. I was also thinking about making a version of Volt from the main game universe (who will be VERY different from the legends version) and version of Volt that's a battle network net-navi.

-rgl0000

-Michael Jackson Batman
hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

rgl0000 wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

rgl0000 wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

(It's Zenny, heehee!)
Maybe I should brush up on my engines… I only know how retro games work, and, of course, those games involve sprites. I was also thinking about making a version of Volt from the main game universe (who will be VERY different from the legends version) and version of Volt that's a battle network net-navi.
Fun! In Rivals, I'd have to do similar things for a RetroMan stage where every character becomes their Classic version to work out. What would I do to the designs of Data and the Bonnes? Guess I'll find out someday…

-Totally Sonic

rgl0000
Scratcher
91 posts

hahasamian wrote:

rgl0000 wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

rgl0000 wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

(It's Zenny, heehee!)
Fun! In Rivals, I'd have to do similar things for a RetroMan stage where every character becomes their Classic version to work out. What would I do to the designs of Data and the Bonnes? Guess I'll find out someday…
Yeah. I've got the story of the main stream Volt down but I'm still working Volt.EXE's… Maybe I could make her story like this: She was created by Netopia officials to be part of the NetPolice, therefore she is a solo NetNavi. Although I'm thinking of making her find an operator…
….Maybe Patch? Of course, I'd be braking the rule that an operator should only have one NetNavi, but I don't think it's against the rules or law or anything like that, right…?

Last edited by rgl0000 (March 13, 2018 23:52:51)

-rgl0000

-Michael Jackson Batman
hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

rgl0000 wrote:

Yeah. I've got the story of the main stream Volt down but I'm still working Volt.EXE's… Maybe I could make her story like this: She was created by Netopia officials to be part of the NetPolice, therefore she is a solo NetNavi. Although I'm thinking of making her find an operator…
….Maybe Patch? Of course, I'd be braking the rule that an operator should only have one NetNavi, but I don't think it's against the rules or law or anything like that, right…?
In Battle Network 6 (and possibly other games, note I've only really played 3 and 6 despite also owning 1 and 5), Lan Hikari operates several different Navis along with MegaMan.exe. These Navis can also be “crossed” with MegaMan (for example, MegaMan + SpoutMan = SpoutCross).
But I'd suggest an original character for Volt's operator.
Maybe do one of those classic “Rock and Roll” things and name the operator “Watt” or “Amp”, etc.
Also, it's pretty cool that you're trying to make a different Volt for each source series of a major game type (as I've said on the Rivals thread, these are Classic, Legends and Battle Network). Legends tends to be its own thing apart from Mega Man and Roll (and Glyde, I guess), but still, pretty cool!
*Suddenly starts reading Glyde.exe's trivia on MMKB*
“Real-world operator Baryl, while not a NetNavi, is also named after a character from the Legends series.”
Dead wrong! It's Barrel in Legends, you uneducated… Sorry… (also, Baryl is not an old man…)
“Glyde speaks with a British accent in the English anime.”
Well, duh– I mean, I KNEW I was right in talking with a British accent as Glyde!
Still haven't figured out Dex/GutsMan's voices though…
The occasional “Yee-haw!” really throws me off…

(The random trail also helped me find out where the whole Quiz Master thing started! Apparently some people in Legends 2… one of which is strangely similar to Yai…)

Last edited by hahasamian (March 16, 2018 00:01:05)

-Totally Sonic

rgl0000
Scratcher
91 posts

hahasamian wrote:

rgl0000 wrote:

In Battle Network 6 (and possibly other games, note I've only really played 3 and 6 despite also owning 1 and 5), Lan Hikari operates several different Navis along with MegaMan.exe. These Navis can also be “crossed” with MegaMan (for example, MegaMan + SpoutMan = SpoutCross).
But I'd suggest an original character for Volt's operator.
Maybe do one of those classic “Rock and Roll” things and name the operator “Watt” or “Amp”, etc.
Also, it's pretty cool that you're trying to make a different Volt for each source series of a major game type (as I've said on the Rivals thread, these are Classic, Legends and Battle Network). Legends tends to be its own thing apart from Mega Man and Roll (and Glyde, I guess), but still, pretty cool!
*Suddenly starts reading Glyde.exe's trivia on MMKB*
“Real-world operator Baryl, while not a NetNavi, is also named after a character from the Legends series.”
Dead wrong! It's Barrel in Legends, you uneducated… Sorry… (also, Baryl is not an old man…)
“Glyde speaks with a British accent in the English anime.”
Well, duh– I mean, I KNEW I was right in talking with a British accent as Glyde!
Still haven't figured out Dex/GutsMan's voices though…
The occasional “Yee-haw!” really throws me off…

(The random trail also helped me find out where the whole Quiz Master thing started! Apparently some people in Legends 2… one of which is strangely similar to Yai…)
I think I might go with Amp, that name sounds pretty good. Also I was thinking of getting a “helper character” for the main universe Volt because Volt.EXE has her operator and the Legends Volt has Servo. I was thinking of making it an animal robot like Rush, and naming it Rhythm. Got any ideas for the kind of animal it should be?

I'm thinking of making it a yellow monkey, but that seems a bit random. Though the idea is growing on me.

Last edited by rgl0000 (March 16, 2018 20:49:39)

-rgl0000

-Michael Jackson Batman
hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

rgl0000 wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

rgl0000 wrote:

My big post, snipped out for space purposes, made references to several Mega Man games, along with making suggestions for characters to operate Volt.exe: these operator names are “Amp” and “Watt”.
I think I might go with Amp, that name sounds pretty good. Also I was thinking of getting a “helper character” for the main universe Volt because Volt.EXE has her operator and the Legends Volt has Servo. I was thinking of making it an animal robot like Rush, and naming it Rhythm. Got any ideas for the kind of animal it should be?

I'm thinking of making it a yellow monkey, but that seems a bit random. Though the idea is growing on me.
Make it look exactly like Data.
Just kidding!
Let's see…
I don't know much about the characters in the Classic series yet, but, hmm… Maybe a… blue hedgehog. No…
…I don't know. Maybe if I knew more about Volt as a character (personality, etc.).

-Totally Sonic

rgl0000
Scratcher
91 posts

hahasamian wrote:

rgl0000 wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

rgl0000 wrote:

My big post, snipped out for space purposes, made references to several Mega Man games, along with making suggestions for characters to operate Volt.exe: these operator names are “Amp” and “Watt”.

Make it look exactly like Data.
Just kidding!
Let's see…
I don't know much about the characters in the Classic series yet, but, hmm… Maybe a… blue hedgehog. No…
…I don't know. Maybe if I knew more about Volt as a character (personality, etc.).

Well, the main universe Volt is less pliable then the other two versions of her. By that I mean she's not as loyal to her creators and friends as her counterparts. For example: As demonstrated earlier in the RP, the legends version of Volt was hesitant of leaving Roll behind and was worried about her safety and was willing to obey all of her orders without question. The Battle Network version of Volt is pretty much exactly like the Legends version of Volt personality wise, as she also obeys orders without question. The version of Volt from the main series however would react differently in a similar situation. Like if Mega Man was badly injured, her reasoning would be, “He's strong enough to hold out on his own.” Also for example, if Dr. Light told Volt to attack Willy's fortress a certain way and she disagreed with that way, she would express her opinion on the matter. And if Dr. Light still kept the plan the same, she'd still do it her own way. So the main difference in her personality is basically this: “She likes to do things her own way, and isn't that thrilled to submit to other people's ideas.” This is why I think a monkey would be a good partner for her, because it also is care free and does everything its own way.

-rgl0000

-Michael Jackson Batman
rgl0000
Scratcher
91 posts

I just saw some screen shots and the trailers for Mega Man 11! It looks so cool! I might actually consider buying it!

-rgl0000

-Michael Jackson Batman
hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

rgl0000 wrote:

I just saw some screen shots and the trailers for Mega Man 11! It looks so cool! I might actually consider buying it!
Yeah. I'm just concerned because…
Capcom is finally bringing back the Mega Man series, and what do they name their new game that brings back the old days?
“Mega Man 11”.
…I'm sorry, it just sounds so uncreative…
Not that they need a new form of Mega Man, but they could at least name it something like “Mega Man Rebuilt”…
I'm not saying it'll be a bad game, but the name just bugs me…
I wish Capcom success in making a new Mega Man game!

-Totally Sonic

rgl0000
Scratcher
91 posts

hahasamian wrote:

rgl0000 wrote:

Yeah. I'm just concerned because…
Capcom is finally bringing back the Mega Man series, and what do they name their new game that brings back the old days?
“Mega Man 11”.
…I'm sorry, it just sounds so uncreative…
Not that they need a new form of Mega Man, but they could at least name it something like “Mega Man Rebuilt”…
I'm not saying it'll be a bad game, but the name just bugs me…
I wish Capcom success in making a new Mega Man game!
Yeah, or maybe “Mega Man: The return of Dr. Wily”. Or “Mega Man and Volt” Oh, wait, that's my idea for a game, whoops.

Last edited by rgl0000 (March 17, 2018 19:19:57)

-rgl0000

-Michael Jackson Batman