Discuss Scratch

Locomule
Scratcher
500+ posts

LocoHouse - general discussion page

The purpose of this page is to give our LocoHouse team members a dedicated place to host general discussions about our game development plans. Any non team member who wants to participate in our discussion in this post and have their ideas meaningfully discussed and considered needs to first get permission from Team Leader Locomule and be added to invited feedback team.

LocoHouse is a Scratch game development team.
The discussion post here lists available team positions and the application process for anyone interested.

Team Studios..
game prototypes made by us
Scratch games we could remake
team projects under development or in use
cloud data project

____________________________________________________________

Current projects in development..
Shadowlands - RPG project page / discussion page
Cozy Lil Campfire - incremental clicker project page / discussion page
a currently unnamed horizontal jumper discussion page
____________________________________________________________

Game ideas..
-simplistic games-
1. simple card match game (use famous Scratcher and Scratch Team member profiles for cards?)
2. horizontal jumper (great example from our team studio “Scratch games we could remake”)
3. Little Alchemy type game
4. simple puzzle platformer (Zelda theme ?)
5. vertical dodger/shooter (bullet heck space battle?)
6- A battle ship game, not like the board game, you are basically controlling a ship that starts out as, I don't know a rowboat, but then can be upgraded, your vision is confined but you have a radar type thing that let's you know where things are, it starts out with just red dots showing you where something is, and can eventually be upgraded to show what those things are. You can salvage ship wrecks, and once you get some gear fight pirates!
prototype by zuwel
7- something like this, incremental clicker that unlocks into an adventure story complete with ASCII map and space travel
8- remake a very old and simple but popular in its day video game like Missile Command or Boot Hill
9- a short metroidvania like this
____________________________________________________________

Development To-Dos and ideas..
To Do.. make a studio for team splash animations

1- Plan for handling massive persistent user data.. Use a macro run nightly on my pc to check for and migrate early overflow onto a second server (copy of project). Use a cloud list to notify returning players of new server address.

Last edited by Locomule (Feb. 11, 2018 01:47:37)

BirdLover198
Scratcher
100+ posts

LocoHouse - general discussion page

Ok, so I have a couple ideas for a game, they are both a tiny bit complicated, one more than the other.

My ideas:
•1 A battle ship game, not like the board game, you are basically controlling a ship that starts out as, I don't know a roe-boat, but then can be upgraded, your vision is confined but you have a radar type thing that let's you know where things are, it starts out with just red dots showing you where something is, and can eventually be upgraded to show what those things are. You can salvage ship wrecks, and once you get some gear fight pirates!
•2 something like this, once you start playing, it is really hard to stop, I find it very fun, to get more details I would suggest playing this game for a bit. I find it better to play in hyper mode, down at the bottom.

Last edited by BirdLover198 (Jan. 29, 2018 15:09:02)


——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
This is Jeff, protector of my currently unknown signature.
He seems a little suspicious of you at the moment

Vector artist for LocoHouse!
Locomule
Scratcher
500+ posts

LocoHouse - general discussion page

BirdLover198 wrote:

Ok, so I have a couple ideas for a game, they are both a tiny bit complicated, one more than the other.

My ideas:
•1 A battle ship game, not like the board game, you are basically controlling a ship that starts out as, I don't know a roe-boat, but then can be upgraded, your vision is confined but you have a radar type thing that let's you know where things are, it starts out with just red dots showing you where something is, and can eventually be upgraded to show what those things are. You can salvage ship wrecks, and once you get some gear fight pirates!
•2 something like this, once you start playing, it is really hard to stop, I find it very fun, to get more details I would suggest playing this game for a bit. I find it better to play in hyper mode, down at the bottom.

1- I love the idea. I would have to see or make a prototpe first to figure out how to make it simple and fun.

2- This is cool, a blind clicker (you don't know what producers you are unlocking) that works as an RPG. It meshes overall simplicity with interesting mechanics and familiar game play.

I am a little behind today, had some unexpected things come up, so I still need to compile my gme ideas and finish some coding.
BirdLover198
Scratcher
100+ posts

LocoHouse - general discussion page

Locomule wrote:

BirdLover198 wrote:

Ok, so I have a couple ideas for a game, they are both a tiny bit complicated, one more than the other.

My ideas:
•1 A battle ship game, not like the board game, you are basically controlling a ship that starts out as, I don't know a roe-boat, but then can be upgraded, your vision is confined but you have a radar type thing that let's you know where things are, it starts out with just red dots showing you where something is, and can eventually be upgraded to show what those things are. You can salvage ship wrecks, and once you get some gear fight pirates!
•2 something like this, once you start playing, it is really hard to stop, I find it very fun, to get more details I would suggest playing this game for a bit. I find it better to play in hyper mode, down at the bottom.

1- I love the idea. I would have to see or make a prototpe first to figure out how to make it simple and fun.

2- This is cool, a blind clicker (you don't know what producers you are unlocking) that works as an RPG. It meshes overall simplicity with interesting mechanics and familiar game play.

I am a little behind today, had some unexpected things come up, so I still need to compile my gme ideas and finish some coding.

ok, which one do you think is better? I've got better of an Idea for the first, but I think the second one would still be fun.

Last edited by BirdLover198 (Jan. 29, 2018 18:10:14)


——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
This is Jeff, protector of my currently unknown signature.
He seems a little suspicious of you at the moment

Vector artist for LocoHouse!
PintOfMilk
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LocoHouse - general discussion page

BirdLover198 wrote:

Locomule wrote:

BirdLover198 wrote:

Ok, so I have a couple ideas for a game, they are both a tiny bit complicated, one more than the other.

My ideas:
•1 A battle ship game, not like the board game, you are basically controlling a ship that starts out as, I don't know a roe-boat, but then can be upgraded, your vision is confined but you have a radar type thing that let's you know where things are, it starts out with just red dots showing you where something is, and can eventually be upgraded to show what those things are. You can salvage ship wrecks, and once you get some gear fight pirates!
•2 something like this, once you start playing, it is really hard to stop, I find it very fun, to get more details I would suggest playing this game for a bit. I find it better to play in hyper mode, down at the bottom.

1- I love the idea. I would have to see or make a prototpe first to figure out how to make it simple and fun.

2- This is cool, a blind clicker (you don't know what producers you are unlocking) that works as an RPG. It meshes overall simplicity with interesting mechanics and familiar game play.

I am a little behind today, had some unexpected things come up, so I still need to compile my gme ideas and finish some coding.

ok, which one do you think is better? I've got better of an Idea for the first, but I think the second one would still be fun.
1. For definite! Imagine a Pokémon Style BattleShip RPG! It would be well sick!

So if you were to follow my idea you would have x (3-10) different types of ships for example and then you could build extra turrets or something.

Or even better just have like 60 ships and there are 3 rounds for example On first row you have around 1 ship. Next you have Row 2 for example destroyer, junk medieval etc. Then you could have overlaps for No3 for example if you had A submarine it could evolve into A nuclear sub or a super sub.


So the equation for battling I would like to use is sort of based experience

would be divided into 3 groups.
4n^3/5 -fast
N^3-medium
5n^3/4-slow
So the experience to get to level 100 on medium is 100^3
The Experience gained formula is based on the opponent level. (OL)
Experience= experience->(OL)^2*(log(OL)+0.5)
A ship has level 1-100. (You only have one ship)

BirdLover198
Scratcher
100+ posts

LocoHouse - general discussion page

PintOfMilk wrote:

BirdLover198 wrote:

Locomule wrote:

BirdLover198 wrote:

Ok, so I have a couple ideas for a game, they are both a tiny bit complicated, one more than the other.

My ideas:
•1 A battle ship game, not like the board game, you are basically controlling a ship that starts out as, I don't know a roe-boat, but then can be upgraded, your vision is confined but you have a radar type thing that let's you know where things are, it starts out with just red dots showing you where something is, and can eventually be upgraded to show what those things are. You can salvage ship wrecks, and once you get some gear fight pirates!
•2 something like this, once you start playing, it is really hard to stop, I find it very fun, to get more details I would suggest playing this game for a bit. I find it better to play in hyper mode, down at the bottom.

1- I love the idea. I would have to see or make a prototpe first to figure out how to make it simple and fun.

2- This is cool, a blind clicker (you don't know what producers you are unlocking) that works as an RPG. It meshes overall simplicity with interesting mechanics and familiar game play.

I am a little behind today, had some unexpected things come up, so I still need to compile my gme ideas and finish some coding.

ok, which one do you think is better? I've got better of an Idea for the first, but I think the second one would still be fun.
1. For definite! Imagine a Pokémon Style BattleShip RPG! It would be well sick!

So if you were to follow my idea you would have x (3-10) different types of ships for example and then you could build extra turrets or something.

Or even better just have like 60 ships and there are 3 rounds for example On first row you have around 1 ship. Next you have Row 2 for example destroyer, junk medieval etc. Then you could have overlaps for No3 for example if you had A submarine it could evolve into A nuclear sub or a super sub.


So the equation for battling I would like to use is sort of based experience

would be divided into 3 groups.
4n^3/5 -fast
N^3-medium
5n^3/4-slow
So the experience to get to level 100 on medium is 100^3
The Experience gained formula is based on the opponent level. (OL)
Experience= experience->(OL)^2*(log(OL)+0.5)
A ship has level 1-100. (You only have one ship)


My mind is blow by the complexity of that math that I don't understand…

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
This is Jeff, protector of my currently unknown signature.
He seems a little suspicious of you at the moment

Vector artist for LocoHouse!
Locomule
Scratcher
500+ posts

LocoHouse - general discussion page

2- I see it eventually opens an acii map you can explore, cool

Last edited by Locomule (Jan. 29, 2018 19:22:14)

BirdLover198
Scratcher
100+ posts

LocoHouse - general discussion page

Locomule wrote:

2- I see it eventually opens an acii map you can explore, cool

ok! I think the theme should be a kingdom or something, something like that.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
This is Jeff, protector of my currently unknown signature.
He seems a little suspicious of you at the moment

Vector artist for LocoHouse!
PintOfMilk
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LocoHouse - general discussion page

BirdLover198 wrote:

PintOfMilk wrote:

BirdLover198 wrote:

Locomule wrote:

BirdLover198 wrote:

Ok, so I have a couple ideas for a game, they are both a tiny bit complicated, one more than the other.

My ideas:
•1 A battle ship game, not like the board game, you are basically controlling a ship that starts out as, I don't know a roe-boat, but then can be upgraded, your vision is confined but you have a radar type thing that let's you know where things are, it starts out with just red dots showing you where something is, and can eventually be upgraded to show what those things are. You can salvage ship wrecks, and once you get some gear fight pirates!
•2 something like this, once you start playing, it is really hard to stop, I find it very fun, to get more details I would suggest playing this game for a bit. I find it better to play in hyper mode, down at the bottom.

1- I love the idea. I would have to see or make a prototpe first to figure out how to make it simple and fun.

2- This is cool, a blind clicker (you don't know what producers you are unlocking) that works as an RPG. It meshes overall simplicity with interesting mechanics and familiar game play.

I am a little behind today, had some unexpected things come up, so I still need to compile my gme ideas and finish some coding.

ok, which one do you think is better? I've got better of an Idea for the first, but I think the second one would still be fun.
1. For definite! Imagine a Pokémon Style BattleShip RPG! It would be well sick!

So if you were to follow my idea you would have x (3-10) different types of ships for example and then you could build extra turrets or something.

Or even better just have like 60 ships and there are 3 rounds for example On first row you have around 1 ship. Next you have Row 2 for example destroyer, junk medieval etc. Then you could have overlaps for No3 for example if you had A submarine it could evolve into A nuclear sub or a super sub.


So the equation for battling I would like to use is sort of based experience

would be divided into 3 groups.
4n^3/5 -fast
N^3-medium
5n^3/4-slow
So the experience to get to level 100 on medium is 100^3
The Experience gained formula is based on the opponent level. (OL)
Experience= experience->(OL)^2*(log(OL)+0.5)
A ship has level 1-100. (You only have one ship)


My mind is blow by the complexity of that math that I don't understand…
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/200758179/ I have a project here
PintOfMilk
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LocoHouse - general discussion page

Example:
A Lv 1 ship (XP0) (medium growth or MG) wins against a Lv 30 ship.
Lv1 ship now has 1780 XP
Bound for Lv.12 entry starts at 1728XP so Lv1 ship is now Lv12

Calculations may not work because change of equation

Basically a ship going against a Lv100 ship gets 30000XP
The bound for a Lv 31 ship is >29791
Thus a Lv0 ship going against a Lv100 ship will now be Lv100

Last edited by PintOfMilk (Jan. 29, 2018 21:00:22)

BirdLover198
Scratcher
100+ posts

LocoHouse - general discussion page

PintOfMilk wrote:

Example:
A Lv 1 ship (XP0) (medium growth or MG) wins against a Lv 30 ship.
Lv1 ship now has 1780 XP
Bound for Lv.12 entry starts at 1728XP so Lv1 ship is now Lv12

Calculations may not work because change of equation

Basically a ship going against a Lv100 ship gets 30000XP
The bound for a Lv 31 ship is >29791
Thus a Lv0 ship going against a Lv100 ship will now be Lv100

i still don't really get it, I'll leave the math to you. I think we should do a vote for which one we should do:
#1 votes:1
#2 votes:0
vote and I'll edit the post.

Last edited by BirdLover198 (Jan. 30, 2018 16:14:14)


——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
This is Jeff, protector of my currently unknown signature.
He seems a little suspicious of you at the moment

Vector artist for LocoHouse!
zuwel
Scratcher
500+ posts

LocoHouse - general discussion page

Here is the combination of both Shall0w's and BirdLover's ideas into one!

LocoHouse Startup Animation Concept 2

zuwel
Scratcher
500+ posts

LocoHouse - general discussion page

I will vote for #1

Love the idea of building up your ship.

PintOfMilk
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LocoHouse - general discussion page

zuwel wrote:

I will vote for #1

Love the idea of building up your ship.
Zuwel can you read sheet music & what do you think of my formula?
Locomule
Scratcher
500+ posts

LocoHouse - general discussion page

I liket he first idea but again, we are looking for ideas for a super simple game at the moment. How does the game play work? Is it all text? Is there a block of 2D ocean with your ship floating on top? Is it a top down view of the ocean that scrolls in every direction? How do you battle other ships? These are the things that determine whether an idea is simple enough for us to work on right now, not necessarily if it is just a cool idea or not.

So even though I love the sound of the game, I gotta pick 2 at the moment. I saw it, I played it, so I have an idea of what wold be involved in coding it.

I'm going to get my ideas compiled and posted here today, been working with Shall0w getting the base code for our new clicker game finished.
BirdLover198
Scratcher
100+ posts

LocoHouse - general discussion page

Locomule wrote:

I liket he first idea but again, we are looking for ideas for a super simple game at the moment. How does the game play work? Is it all text? Is there a block of 2D ocean with your ship floating on top? Is it a top down view of the ocean that scrolls in every direction? How do you battle other ships? These are the things that determine whether an idea is simple enough for us to work on right now, not necessarily if it is just a cool idea or not.

So even though I love the sound of the game, I gotta pick 2 at the moment. I saw it, I played it, so I have an idea of what wold be involved in coding it.

I'm going to get my ideas compiled and posted here today, been working with Shall0w getting the base code for our new clicker game finished.

Well it is “a block of 2D ocean with your ship floating on top” and it has a “ top down view of the ocean that scrolls in every direction” you battle other ships in either a cut-scene with button to attack in different ways, or in real time, where you can always attack, even if there is no enemys.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
This is Jeff, protector of my currently unknown signature.
He seems a little suspicious of you at the moment

Vector artist for LocoHouse!
zuwel
Scratcher
500+ posts

LocoHouse - general discussion page

I think a real time battle with projectiles (canons) could be feasible. If I have the time, I'll see if I can make a small prototype.

BirdLover198
Scratcher
100+ posts

LocoHouse - general discussion page

zuwel wrote:

I think a real time battle with projectiles (canons) could be feasible. If I have the time, I'll see if I can make a small prototype.

we might need to wait on the protoype as we don't know which game we will be doing, but actually it might help give you a better Idea of what we are making, so go ahead.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
This is Jeff, protector of my currently unknown signature.
He seems a little suspicious of you at the moment

Vector artist for LocoHouse!
BirdLover198
Scratcher
100+ posts

LocoHouse - general discussion page

BirdLover198 wrote:

zuwel wrote:

I think a real time battle with projectiles (canons) could be feasible. If I have the time, I'll see if I can make a small prototype.

we might need to wait on the protoype as we don't know which game we will be doing, but actually it might help give you a better Idea of what we are making, so go ahead.

we could also have things like boarding, where if you crew (variable) is larger than the enemy's crew, then you can capture the ship as your own.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
This is Jeff, protector of my currently unknown signature.
He seems a little suspicious of you at the moment

Vector artist for LocoHouse!
PintOfMilk
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LocoHouse - general discussion page

zuwel wrote:

I think a real time battle with projectiles (canons) could be feasible. If I have the time, I'll see if I can make a small prototype.
With my equation?

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile