Discuss Scratch

Botcho_Otkho
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Definitions of Scratch Words

Cool! You may add “Thread Hijacking”.

IMPORTANT! READ:
Don't write things someone already said. It's useless.
If you want to point a duplicate, please don't write just “Duplicate” when you don't have the link. At least say that you can't do it because -reasons-. Writing it and then going away does not help.
Don't write “I agree”, “this” or just quote without adding something constructive. It doesn't help.
No supporting because “you can do this elsewhere” is not a valid reason. If it was, the suggestion forum wouldn't exist because you can do everything elsewhere.
A simple workaround is not, never was and will never be a reason to no-support a suggestion. There are plenty of blocks with simple workarounds in Scratch right now, and there's a reason if the ST still added them.
No supporting because “it can turn into a competition” is not a reason, since it can happen everywhere (such as follows). Post count: 1900+
EIephant_Lover
Scratcher
91 posts

Definitions of Scratch Words

You might want to fix your grammar on some of these acronyms - like when you say “A AMV” instead of “An AMV”. Also remember to do this with ones that sound like vowels, such as “A F4F” should be “An F4F”, since you explain the acronym after you mean for “F4F” (if you were to read it out loud) to be pronounced “Ef four ef”, not “follow for follow”. Otherwise you'd say “A follow for follow is a follow for follow”.
Just change the ones that come before acronyms that even just sound like vowels to make it grammatically accurate.
You don't say “a hour”, you say “an hour”.
Hope this helps (it really bothers me).
Pretty nice definitions!


- credit to @bigpuppy and @idrisidris
oh no oh no the evil kumquat got my picture
PrincessFlowerTV
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Definitions of Scratch Words

EIephant_Lover wrote:

You might want to fix your grammar on some of these acronyms - like when you say “A AMV” instead of “An AMV”. Also remember to do this with ones that sound like vowels, such as “A F4F” should be “An F4F”, since you explain the acronym after you mean for “F4F” (if you were to read it out loud) to be pronounced “Ef four ef”, not “follow for follow”. Otherwise you'd say “A follow for follow is a follow for follow”.
Just change the ones that come before acronyms that even just sound like vowels to make it grammatically accurate.
You don't say “a hour”, you say “an hour”.
Hope this helps (it really bothers me).
Pretty nice definitions!
I'm so bad at grammar… I'll try fixing it up.
Inkulumo
Scratcher
500+ posts

Definitions of Scratch Words

PrincessFlowerTV
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Definitions of Scratch Words

Inkulumo wrote:

Add Pixel-art
Good one!

Inkulumo wrote:

???
SunnyPup0525
Scratcher
13 posts

Definitions of Scratch Words

I made a list of Scratch abbreviations. Anything I should add on?? https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/298017/?page=1#post-3062148

~SunnyPup0525
PrincessFlowerTV
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Definitions of Scratch Words

SunnyPup0525 wrote:

I made a list of Scratch abbreviations. Anything I should add on?? https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/298017/?page=1#post-3062148
Umm… I saw the post, and it look like it should be merged with this, and anyway, your post has definations of abreviations in general.
Botcho_Otkho
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Definitions of Scratch Words

Just one more thing: Paddle stated that it's Blockspam ONLY if it's not related to the topic, for example if
I do [this v]::control
it's not blockspam, since it's related to the discussion.

IMPORTANT! READ:
Don't write things someone already said. It's useless.
If you want to point a duplicate, please don't write just “Duplicate” when you don't have the link. At least say that you can't do it because -reasons-. Writing it and then going away does not help.
Don't write “I agree”, “this” or just quote without adding something constructive. It doesn't help.
No supporting because “you can do this elsewhere” is not a valid reason. If it was, the suggestion forum wouldn't exist because you can do everything elsewhere.
A simple workaround is not, never was and will never be a reason to no-support a suggestion. There are plenty of blocks with simple workarounds in Scratch right now, and there's a reason if the ST still added them.
No supporting because “it can turn into a competition” is not a reason, since it can happen everywhere (such as follows). Post count: 1900+
PrincessFlowerTV
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Definitions of Scratch Words

Botcho_Otkho wrote:

Just one more thing: Paddle stated that it's Blockspam ONLY if it's not related to the topic, for example if
I do [this v]::control
it's not blockspam, since it's related to the discussion.
Okay; I'll add that.

I'm learning new things every day
AMMCoder
Scratcher
25 posts

Definitions of Scratch Words

What is a beta testing crew?

Scratch On! Program, Imagine, Share!
PrincessFlowerTV
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Definitions of Scratch Words

Necro-bump. (took me so long to find this topic)
wWSunPandaWw
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Definitions of Scratch Words

I made a few edits to your post concerning grammar and spelling issues, as well as a few word changes. My corrections are bolded, but if it was already bolded, I also underlined it.

PrincessFlowerTV wrote:

First off, please don't ask questions in this topic. Create your own topic to ask your question. Thank you!


Hi everyone! Do you not know what blockspaming is, or what a speed-drawing project is, or anything similar to this?

Well, this is this place for you!

This topic has definitions for some popular scratch words.
If you have something you would like me to define, let me know!


————————————————–


60/120 Second Rule
Scratch has a built-in system that makes sure users don't just randomly spam in the forums.
Once you have posted a topic/post, it will set a “timer”, and it makes sure that you can't post again in that same minute/two minutes.
If you are a new scratcher, this limits you from posting for two minutes. If you are a scratcher, you only have to wait one minute to post.
Blockshade art
Blockshade art is a type of art that artistic scratchers like to create. It is commonly created in vector, creating smooth shapes of various colors to make a person, animal or object. Check out this studio for some examples of Blockshade art.
Blockspam
Blockspam is a type of spam, that involves using scratchblocks to say a message. Example:
when green flag clicked
Read this post
if <reading> then
say [Go to my profile and FOLLOW MEEEEEEE!!! :):):):):)]
end
It is frowned apon if it is not related to the topic(like the example above) but if it is related to the discussion,
it is [allowed v] ::motion
CC, CCE, AT, DT, AR, OC and OP
A CC is a coloring contest.
A CCE is a coloring contest entry.
An AT is art trade/Advanced Topics
A DT is a design trade.
An AR is an art request.
An OC is a original character.
An OP is a Original Post/Poster
Duplicate
If a user posts a suggestion in the forums, but it has already been suggested, another user will usually step in, saying it's a Duplicate and giving a link to the original topic.
Necropost
Necroposting is when a scratcher posts on an old topic, bumping it to the top.
Ninja'd
When a scratcher replies to a question, but when he/she posts it notised another post that says the same thing as he/she, he/she will usualy edit their post, saying they were Ninja'd.
AMV, F4F, FPC, FPCA, DTT, DTA, MAP, SDS and PMV
An AMV is a Animation Music Video.
F4F means Follow for Follow.
An FPC is a Front Page Curator
An FPCA is a Front Page Creator Application.
DTT is a Draw That Theme.
A DTA is a Draw to Adopt.
A MAP is a Multi Animator Project
SDS is Scratch Design Studio
A PMV is a Picture Music Video
Random Numbers to Avoid Spam
If a scratcher is, say, telling all of their followers she has a contest, they can't just copy and paste the same message over and over, scratch would think it's spam. So, scratchers may include random numbers at the end of their message to not get detected as spam.
Speed-drawing
A speed-drawing is showing a person/animal/object being created, one frame at a time. Example speed-drawing
ST
The ST stands for the scratch team. The Scratch Team does a lot of things, such as moderate the website, fix bugs, and much more.
To join, you have to be 18+ and work at the MIT.
Stickies
Stickies are posts that give important info concerning the forums. Example.
Tosh
Tosh is a text-based version of scratch, created for experienced coders. Link: https://tosh.tjvr.org/
Thread hijacking
If a user asks a question, another user may post on it, saying “I have the same problem” or “I've wondered the same thing.” This is discouraged, because it is not constructive and/or adding anything to the post.
Example.

User1 wrote:

Hi, I cannot seem to figure out how to create a studio. Can someone help me?

User2 wrote:

I have wondered about this… I don't know how.

User1 wrote:

Umm… Thank you?

Feel free to give me suggestions for what to add!


I moved to BelieverGirlSun
PrincessFlowerTV
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Definitions of Scratch Words

wWSunPandaWw wrote:

-snip-
**Sigh**
I'm so bad at grammar…
Thank you, though.
MingoNewsChannel
Scratcher
100+ posts

Definitions of Scratch Words

Can you please add something about Phosphorus?

elixiir-
Scratcher
36 posts

Definitions of Scratch Words

maybe add polyart??

{insert creative signature here}
LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Definitions of Scratch Words

I believe a topic like this already exists?

Anyway, I have a slight fix for you. Thread hijacking isn't just when a user posts on a topic like “I've been having the same issue too”, it's often more like this:

User1: I've been wondering what the globe button does in the forums.
User2: How do I become a user on the wiki?

It usually happens in the Questions or Bugs and Glitches forum.

lh70 / nora/tobi / she-they pronouns / pansexual-demisexual / 13 / sagittarius / furry / artist / intp / stop-motion films / lbp / fall out boy / panic! at the disco / twenty one pilots / stranger things / a series of unfortunate events
“When you have a bad day, a really bad day, try and treat the world better than it treated you.” -Patrick Stump
“Music seems to hold everything together. It seems to make things not so chaotic sometimes. It seems to make things make more sense sometimes.” -Tyler Joseph
“You'll fear your fears forever if you never do things you're afraid of.” -Josh Dun
“I'm still figuring out who I am, but I know I'm not who I was.” -Brendon Urie
PrincessFlowerTV
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Definitions of Scratch Words

LionHeart70 wrote:

I believe a topic like this already exists?

Anyway, I have a slight fix for you. Thread hijacking isn't just when a user posts on a topic like “I've been having the same issue too”, it's often more like this:

User1: I've been wondering what the globe button does in the forums.
User2: How do I become a user on the wiki?

It usually happens in the Questions or Bugs and Glitches forum.
Ok; I will edit.

And yes, there are a few dictionarys for QAS(questions about scratch), but this is for words that are used it scratch.

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile