Discuss Scratch

Turtwig2
Scratcher
500+ posts

PKMN CFOF (Pokémon Chaotic Flame and Orderly Frost) Thread IV: New Hope

Bump

Call me either PipMcGee, Turtwig2, or Theta Turtle, or a shortened version of one of those. LEMONS
mattsmithdw2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Turtwig2 wrote:

Bump
BUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMP

Connectation
Scratcher
100+ posts

DragonSmith2Studios wrote:

braxbroscratcher wrote:

braxbroscratcher wrote:

I have made this.

I ask that you listen to it. As the title, which is PKMN CFOF: OVERHEATED (WIP-1), suggests, it is a work in progress and not completed yet. It is meant to eventually end up being the theme that plays when Pip is fought in the Royal League after the Elite Four. I ask that you tell me whether you think, based on what there is so far, it work as a Pokémon Champion battle theme, a theme for Pip, a final boss theme, and just a song in general.

- Pip
Dang. That's 1/100th of our data limit almost. Given it's short and incomplete it'd probably take up at least 1/50th when complete. Are we sure we want to import MP3s and .wavs and stuff and not use the in-project Sound blocks for concern of space?

Edit: It's actually 1/113.636363636363636363636363636366363636363636363636363636363636363636363636363636363636363636363636363636363636363636363636363636363… of our limit.
I did not take this into account. However, we should (at this point) not consider file sizes. We will probably have to remove content to make space, but the soundtrack should (for now) be made as though these do not exist. When it is time to program the game, we may simplify the tracks so that they fit, but until then, this will not be a concern.

Also, Connectation, since you've made most of the existing soundtrack, I must ask you this. How would you feel about DS2S putting the PKMN CFOF soundtrack on something such as Youtube?
- Pip
Well, I'd recommend compiling sheet music of everything in case we need to transpose to script from actual mp3's.
I do have sheet music of the song posted
- Pip
A) I wouldn't mind you posting it, no credit would be needed anyways lol. B) It would take weeks for me to transpose to sheet music, I didn't save any of the files before putting them up besides the mp3
Turtwig2
Scratcher
500+ posts

Connectation wrote:

braxbroscratcher wrote:

braxbroscratcher wrote:

I have made this.

I ask that you listen to it. As the title, which is PKMN CFOF: OVERHEATED (WIP-1), suggests, it is a work in progress and not completed yet. It is meant to eventually end up being the theme that plays when Pip is fought in the Royal League after the Elite Four. I ask that you tell me whether you think, based on what there is so far, it work as a Pokémon Champion battle theme, a theme for Pip, a final boss theme, and just a song in general.

- Pip
Dang. That's 1/100th of our data limit almost. Given it's short and incomplete it'd probably take up at least 1/50th when complete. Are we sure we want to import MP3s and .wavs and stuff and not use the in-project Sound blocks for concern of space?

Edit: It's actually 1/113.636363636363636363636363636366363636363636363636363636363636363636363636363636363636363636363636363636363636363636363636363636363… of our limit.
I did not take this into account. However, we should (at this point) not consider file sizes. We will probably have to remove content to make space, but the soundtrack should (for now) be made as though these do not exist. When it is time to program the game, we may simplify the tracks so that they fit, but until then, this will not be a concern.

Also, Connectation, since you've made most of the existing soundtrack, I must ask you this. How would you feel about DS2S putting the PKMN CFOF soundtrack on something such as Youtube?
- Pip
Well, I'd recommend compiling sheet music of everything in case we need to transpose to script from actual mp3's.
I do have sheet music of the song posted
- Pip
A) I wouldn't mind you posting it, no credit would be needed anyways lol. B) It would take weeks for me to transpose to sheet music, I didn't save any of the files before putting them up besides the mp3
You say you don’t need credit, but if you had to choose whether or not to receive credit, would you take it?

Call me either PipMcGee, Turtwig2, or Theta Turtle, or a shortened version of one of those. LEMONS
mattsmithdw2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BUMP

DragonSmith2Studios
Scratcher
100+ posts

As summer is coming closer or already here for some people, I am going to begin expecting a higher level of activity from this team. I also expect all PKMN CFOF members to know this.
-Pip

Last edited by DragonSmith2Studios (June 7, 2018 14:09:13)

Hello, we are Pokemon CFOF by DragonSmith2 Studios. We are not one individual, but rather a group working on this collab. DS2S is run by Turtwig2/PipMcGee, MattSmithDW2, DragonAsh, Stryer21, and Connectation Visit our wiki here.

Lemons are the ancient guardians of signatures. For years they have fought the kumquats, protecting the most important signatures. by copy-pasting this text into your signature, you can help and join the Lemon Empire.
PintOfMilk
Scratcher
1000+ posts

As summer is coming closer or already here for some people, I am going to begin expecting a higher level of activity from this team. I also expect all PKMN CFOF members to know this.
-Pip
I'm finished with Pokémon Ranger do you want any help?

Does n!+1=m^2 have interger solutions apart from n=4,5,7?
DragonSmith2Studios
Scratcher
100+ posts

PintOfMilk wrote:

-Pip
I thought you were already part of the CFOF team. Is my member list inaccurate?

-Pip

Last edited by DragonSmith2Studios (June 7, 2018 19:15:13)

Hello, we are Pokemon CFOF by DragonSmith2 Studios. We are not one individual, but rather a group working on this collab. DS2S is run by Turtwig2/PipMcGee, MattSmithDW2, DragonAsh, Stryer21, and Connectation Visit our wiki here.

Lemons are the ancient guardians of signatures. For years they have fought the kumquats, protecting the most important signatures. by copy-pasting this text into your signature, you can help and join the Lemon Empire.
PintOfMilk
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PintOfMilk wrote:

-Pip
I thought you were already part of the CFOF team. Is my member list inaccurate?
I'm really sorry but I am now working with someone on another collaboration and so I need to send more time on that.

DragonSmith2Studios
Scratcher
100+ posts

To be clear, this is Pip a.k.a. Turtwig2.
I will be gone from this Sunday to the Friday after it.

braxbroscratcher
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bumpo

My signature is kumquat proof.
But not tangerine pro-
nomnomnomnomnom

Current Project:
n/a
Quotes: “In our last hour, we burn the most brightly, trying to deny that we are burning out.” -Me
“Well, no. 1024 Killerbytes make a Murderbyte.” -MegaByteCorporations
“I hate out of context quotes.” -Me
“I hate it when Cubeupload breaks.” -Also me
Turtwig2
Scratcher
500+ posts

Is another bump necessary?

PintOfMilk
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BTW I have finished my pokemon ranger game and now making a pokemon stadium game

mattsmithdw2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

pokemon stadium & ranger? Those were the games no one ever played

Turtwig2
Scratcher
500+ posts

I've been thinking. though the idea of making characters based on CFOF team members did seem to be a good way to honor their work, I believe it may be best to limit their appearance throughout the story, keeping only those necessary to keep the plot intact. We came meaning to make a set of Pokemon games and adding ourselves in seems to impede that idea. However, some things are already central to the story and as a result should be kept intact. So here's what I think we should do.

Sparks, (the first CFOF team member other then myself) should remain the nickname of a former champion.
Pip should remain current champion
Matt should remain the Team Octo leader (possibly still Elite Four).
Chris should remain an Elite Four member.
Draco should probably remain a character, I am unsure of what role they'd take though, so perhaps also remain an Elite 4 member.
Connect should become a competitor for the role of Champion, a rival for Steve, but one who has trained Pokemon for far longer.
Noah Esell should remain a rival for Steve, who is important at the beginning of the story, whether they remain important after is p for debate.

These, however, should be the only characters based on Scratchers who should remain part of the story, except in cameos.

Of course, if the active members of DS2S (who I'm pretty sure only include Matt at this point, which concerns me, if anyone else is there, speak up) or the CFOF team in general disagree with me, I ask you to voice your concerns.

Last edited by Turtwig2 (June 19, 2018 20:29:29)

braxbroscratcher
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Turtwig2 wrote:

I've been thinking. though the idea of making characters based on CFOF team members did seem to be a good way to honor their work, I believe it may be best to limit their appearance throughout the story, keeping only those necessary to keep the plot intact. We came meaning to make a set of Pokemon games and adding ourselves in seems to impede that idea. However, some things are already central to the story and as a result should be kept intact. So here's what I think we should do.

Sparks, (the first CFOF team member other then myself) should remain the nickname of a former champion.
Pip should remain current champion
Matt should remain the Team Octo leader (possibly still Elite Four).
Chris should remain an Elite Four member.
Draco should probably remain a character, I am unsure of what role they'd take though, so perhaps also remain an Elite 4 member.
Connect should become a competitor for the role of Champion, a rival for Steve, but one who has trained Pokemon for far longer.
Noah Esell should remain a rival for Steve, who is important at the beginning of the story, whether they remain important after is p for debate.

These, however, should be the only characters based on Scratchers who should remain part of the story, except in cameos.

Of course, if the active members of DS2S (who I'm pretty sure only include Matt at this point, which concerns me, if anyone else is there, speak up) or the CFOF team in general disagree with me, I ask you to voice your concerns.
I mean, I think that self-inserts are fine. Breaking the fourth wall though is not.

My signature is kumquat proof.
But not tangerine pro-
nomnomnomnomnom

Current Project:
n/a
Quotes: “In our last hour, we burn the most brightly, trying to deny that we are burning out.” -Me
“Well, no. 1024 Killerbytes make a Murderbyte.” -MegaByteCorporations
“I hate out of context quotes.” -Me
“I hate it when Cubeupload breaks.” -Also me
mattsmithdw2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BUMP

Connectation
Scratcher
100+ posts

So, this is a bit of a mess
mattsmithdw2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Connectation wrote:

Yeah…

Turtwig2
Scratcher
500+ posts

mattsmithdw2 wrote:

Connectation wrote:

Yeah…
I just have no idea what to do anymore.