Discuss Scratch

-SparkleDesigns-
Scratcher
35 posts

A guide to the forums for new scratchers!

- -SparkleDesigns-

Joined Sat, Jun 19, 2021, 10:31:47 AM

10/5th grade/American Girl/Currently in India/Drawing/Art/Painting/Sports/French ,Spanish and English

"Yesterday was history, Tomorrow is a mystery, Today is a gift, Which is why
we call it present.
- Bill Keane

Folllow me on My Profile
Join my Studio

BlandProductions
Scratcher
1 post

asqwde wrote:

Hello
Welcome to the Forums

What are the Forums?

According to the Scratch Wiki, “The Scratch Discussion Forums are a part of the Scratch Website where Scratchers may show others their projects, ask for help, suggest ideas for the Scratch program or website, and more.”

Where can I access the forums?

The link can be found at the footer of the Scratch Website (on every page) under “Community”. You can also go to here.

The Forums

The different forums include:

The Announcements Forum
This forum is for announcements from the Scratch Team.

The New Scratchers Forum
This forum is for New Scratchers to introduce themselves into the community.

Help with Scripts
This forum is for users to request for help on projects their working on.

Show and Tell
This forum is for users to show off their projects and studios.

Project Ideas
This forum is for users to discuss project ideas with others.

Collaboration
This forum is for users to work together to create a project.

Requests
This forum is for users who are looking for something and users who want to offer their skills.

Questions About Scratch!
This forum is for general questions about Scratch.

Bugs and Glitches
This forum is for users to point out some of the bugs in Scratch they have recently experienced.

Advances Topics
This forum is for users to talk about technical aspects, advanced features, and/or Scratch Modifications (Mods).

Connecting to the Physical World
This forum is for topics related to Pico Boards, LEGO WeDo ™, and connecting Scratch projects to the physical world.

Developing Scratch Extensions!
This forum is used to give and get help creating Scratch Extensions.

Open Source Projects!
This forum is for all discussions that relate to Scratch's open source projects.

Things I'm Making and Creating
This forum is for users to discuss things they are creating or exploring outside of Scratch, like art, music, programming languages, or crafts.

Things I'm Reading and Playing!
This forum is for users to discuss books, TV, movies, art, music, or videogames that inspire them.

Notes
Other language forums can be found at the bottom of the Discussion Forums page.

What are Stickies?

Stickies are topics that the Scratch Team might consider helpful for (New) Scratchers to use. Stickies are listed at the top of all the forums and have a a blue thumbtack as a logo instead of the normal blue dot. If you wish for your topic to be stickied, you can report the post. In “Reason” section, simply put you are requesting for your topic to be stickied.

How do I create a new topic?

Upon entering a forum, a blue button saying “New Topic” will appear in the top right corner of the forum. Click on the button to create a New Topic.

How do I post in a forum?

If a forum is not closed, scroll to the bottom of the page and type your reply in the New Reply section.

What is a closed topic?

A closed topic is a topic that has been closed by the owner or Scratch Team. That means that you are no longer able to post on that thread. However, you can report the post to request it be reopened.

Other Forums

There are private forums like the SDS forum, the SST forum, and the SWC forum which only certain people can access. The permission to enter those forums is granted by the Scratch Team.

What is a post count?

A post count is a count of how many times you have posted in the forums. You can find the number of posts you have here.

What is bumping a topic?

Bumping a topic means posting the reply “bump” in a topic so it gets moved to the top of the list below the Stickies. Bumping is used by users who want their post to be viewed for opinions/answers.
Please do not bump your post twice in a period of 24 hours

How can I edit my post?

If you have posted a post click edit in the bottom right corner of the post. If you are a New Scratcher, you will need to become a Scratcher in order to do this.

How should I report a post?

Click report at the bottom of the post and explain why you are reporting that post.

Hopefully this answers your basic questions about the Scratch Forums. Be sure to look at the rest of the stickies for more information!

credit to @BY147258369 for the format

I love this. it's so fluid.
Jayzun
New to Scratch
1 post

asqwde wrote:

Hello
Welcome to the Forums

What are the Forums?

According to the Scratch Wiki, “The Scratch Discussion Forums are a part of the Scratch Website where Scratchers may show others their projects, ask for help, suggest ideas for the Scratch program or website, and more.”

Where can I access the forums?

The link can be found at the footer of the Scratch Website (on every page) under “Community”. You can also go to here.

The Forums

The different forums include:

The Announcements Forum
This forum is for announcements from the Scratch Team.

The New Scratchers Forum
This forum is for New Scratchers to introduce themselves into the community.

Help with Scripts
This forum is for users to request for help on projects their working on.

Show and Tell

Project Ideas
This forum is for users to discuss project ideas with others.

Collaboration
This forum is for users to work together to create a project.

Requests
This forum is for users who are looking for something and users who want to offer their skills.

Questions About Scratch!
This forum is for general questions about Scratch.

Bugs and Glitches
This forum is for users to point out some of the bugs in Scratch they have recently experienced.

Advances Topics
This forum is for users to talk about technical aspects, advanced features, and/or Scratch Modifications (Mods).

Connecting to the Physical World
This forum is for topics related to Pico Boards, LEGO WeDo ™, and connecting Scratch projects to the physical world.

Developing Scratch Extensions!
This forum is used to give and get help creating Scratch Extensions.

Open Source Projects!
This forum is for all discussions that relate to Scratch's open source projects.

Things I'm Making and Creating
This forum is for users to discuss things they are creating or exploring outside of Scratch, like art, music, programming languages, or crafts.

Things I'm Reading and Playing!
This forum is for users to discuss books, TV, movies, art, music, or videogames that inspire them.

Notes
Other language forums can be found at the bottom of the Discussion Forums page.

What are Stickies?

Stickies are topics that the Scratch Team might consider helpful for (New) Scratchers to use. Stickies are listed at the top of all the forums and have a a blue thumbtack as a logo instead of the normal blue dot. If you wish for your topic to be stickied, you can report the post. In “Reason” section, simply put you are requesting for your topic to be stickied.

How do I create a new topic?

Upon entering a forum, a blue button saying “New Topic” will appear in the top right corner of the forum. Click on the button to create a New Topic.

How do I post in a forum?

If a forum is not closed, scroll to the bottom of the page and type your reply in the New Reply section.

What is a closed topic?

A closed topic is a topic that has been closed by the owner or Scratch Team. That means that you are no longer able to post on that thread. However, you can report the post to request it be reopened.

Other Forums

There are private forums like the SDS forum, the SST forum, and the SWC forum which only certain people can access. The permission to enter those forums is granted by the Scratch Team.

What is a post count?

A post count is a count of how many times you have posted in the forums. You can find the number of posts you have here.

What is bumping a topic?

Bumping a topic means posting the reply “bump” in a topic so it gets moved to the top of the list below the Stickies. Bumping is used by users who want their post to be viewed for opinions/answers.
Please do not bump your post twice in a period of 24 hours

How can I edit my post?

If you have posted a post click edit in the bottom right corner of the post. If you are a New Scratcher, you will need to become a Scratcher in order to do this.

How should I report a post?

Click report at the bottom of the post and explain why you are reporting that post.

Hopefully this answers your basic questions about the Scratch Forums. Be sure to look at the rest of the stickies for more information!

credit to @BY147258369 for the format

Lars12398
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hi everyone! feel free to ask me any help!

Lars12398

MY PROFILE

forum posts made: {10}

Follower Rank:##507,625 worldwide #3045 by location

IcyTheFrostWing11
Scratcher
52 posts

Hi guys! I’m new to scratch and i don’t know how to make a signature, could someone tell me? That would be very helpful, TY!
TrashCoder0975
Scratcher
20 posts

when green flag clicked
point towards [asqwde]
say [thank you!] for (2) secs

when green flag clicked
if <[intelligence] = [0]> then
forever
Become dumb
end
end
Xzlx12345
New to Scratch
11 posts

Lars12398 wrote:

Hi everyone! feel free to ask me any help!

Okay sure!

xzlx12345

MY PROFILE

Forum Posts Made: 0

Bye! OwO
kenneth007
New to Scratch
1 post

Quick Repair / Online Repair
1. Click on the Windows Icon on the left bottom corner of the Pc. Form the left pane, select Settings.
2. Click on Apps and choose Apps & Features from the left pane.
3. Scroll down and choose Microsoft Office version you have and click on “Modify “.
4. Before modifying, do not forget to close all Office applications.
5. A window will appear. From that, choose Quick repair (repairs without internet)/ Online Repair (repairs with internet).
6. You cannot access any Office application while repairing.
7. Once the repair is complete, you will get a message. Then, close all the window and restart your computer.

Last edited by kenneth007 (Dec. 11, 2021 06:37:31)

Pink-PearI
Scratcher
5 posts

ExplosiveThingy wrote:

How do you add that thing at the end of each post?
It's for scratchers only new scratchers cannot access but if u are scratcher then watch this to add the thing Signature and when you post a comment,
the signature will come in the end. Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTCjWdUaZXA
Weaponized_potato
Scratcher
100+ posts

Thanks!

Signature
Ah! Hello there, I am a scratcher like you! I make games and other projects, I try my best to reply to forums, (mostly the un-noticed ones)
If you want me to join a forum, feel free to ask on my profile.

Male|High school|14|Annoying

broadcast [Goodbye! v]

fluffyoon
Scratcher
6 posts

Hewo, I am a korean teen girl who is cute, aesthetic, loves baby pink n + moree
I share tips, tutorials, and + moree on scratch
on scratch we should always be kind ^^
making new friends + projects
I have a alt in which I make aesthetic sets : fiffyoon
My main account : fluffyoon
recent project : ⌕ make your own speech bubbles
-Wings-of-Fire
Scratcher
9 posts

How do I find a post that I have already posted in forums? It’s impossible to click so much blue numbers and “next” and all of that stuff.

-Star-
~KOTLC~ ~Wings of Fire~
“A room without books is like a body without a soul.” -Marcus Tullius Cicero
bookmanoldstyle
Scratcher
33 posts

asqwde wrote:

Show and Tell

Can you replace the “show off” part with “show”, please? The word “show off” is not very positive. Thanks!

Congrats on the sticky, by the way!

Nooooo! I saved my signature, and it's GONE!
Avacac12078
Scratcher
500+ posts

-Wings-of-Fire wrote:

How do I find a post that I have already posted in forums? It’s impossible to click so much blue numbers and “next” and all of that stuff.
Starrrrrr!!! Hiiiiii!!!!!!!!! To do that, you have to go down to the bottom and click “show my topics/posts”

<> Hey, I’m Lynx! <>
- she/fae - ENTP - Bookworm - Writer - Straight demigirl -

❝You know it’s cold outside when you go outside and it’s cold❞
ProudCodes
Scratcher
1 post

Sᴄʀᴀᴛᴄʜ Jᴜᴍᴘ! | #games #all
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/648416045/
Lyneth_112
Scratcher
41 posts

Hello
Welcome to the Forums
What are the Forums?

How To Edit A Post?

At The Bottom of your Post There are report, Quote and edit (The Edit button appears if it is your post) Click the edit button.

How To Report a Post?
At The Bottom Of Your/Others post There are Report, Quote and edit (The Edit button appears if it is your post) Click Report and explain why you reported it.

What Is A Quote?
At The Bottom Of Your/Others post There are Report, Quote and edit (The Edit button appears if it is your post) Click Quote Like (Username) Wrote: *In A Quote* Like a reply from for example you can reply to this post like by clicking the quote button

WolfeusAnimations
Scratcher
22 posts

bump

when green flag clicked
go to [https://scratch.mit.edu/users/WolfeusAnimations]
Click follow
https;//scratch.mit.edu/users/WolfeusAnimations
Hello, my friends of scratch. Check out my intro in Show and Tell https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/582611/ where you can find more about me and what I plan to do on scratch.
Well, see you later my pack members
WolfeusAnimations
Scratcher
22 posts

bump

when green flag clicked
go to [https://scratch.mit.edu/users/WolfeusAnimations]
Click follow
https;//scratch.mit.edu/users/WolfeusAnimations
Hello, my friends of scratch. Check out my intro in Show and Tell https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/582611/ where you can find more about me and what I plan to do on scratch.
Well, see you later my pack members
zoykifloyki
Scratcher
3 posts

WOW thank you so much Im a scratcher for quite some time now and i never knew this place existed (until recently when my sis oh so casually told me about a whole part of scratch she thought I knew ) so this post helped me a lot thanks