Discuss Scratch

PrincessPandaLover
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ugandan Knuckles meme is now banned on Scratch

PROOF: My 2017 in a nutshell project got taken down because of that, as an Easter egg.


(Silvispher drawing has left. A Sonzor drawing has taken the guest spot for now. Anyway, REST IN PEACE, TINYPIC (2004-19))






Hmmm…
TheAspiringHacker
Scratcher
100+ posts

Ugandan Knuckles meme is now banned on Scratch

The Scratch Team does not know da wae.

Don't like Scratch 3? Check out https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/276693738 to see why Snap! might be the replacement for you!
(** This signature is an ML signature. *)
sig
  type t
  type kumquat
  val evil_kumquat : kumquat
end

“…the keynote speaker asked the audience to indicate by show of hands, one, how many people disliked C++, and two, how many people had written a C++ program. There were twice as many people in the first group than the second. Expressing dislike of something you don’t know is usually known as prejudice.” - Bjarne Stroustrup
PrincessPanda_test_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ugandan Knuckles meme is now banned on Scratch

I posted a topic concerning ST's view on Ugandan Knuckles and worrying if they'll ban it. It turns out, they did.

It's probably because of its alleged racism.

More professional signature coming soon. ~





On a Sunday, riding my bike,
I notice, I notice, different things that look alike
On a Sunday, riding my bike,
I notice, I notice, many many things that look alike
blue-circle
Scratcher
100+ posts

Ugandan Knuckles meme is now banned on Scratch

Why? Its just something funny! THE SCRATCH TEAM DOES NOT KNOW THE WAY!!!!
KingOfAwesome58219
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ugandan Knuckles meme is now banned on Scratch

Paddle2See wrote:

We just finished discussing it at the moderator meeting. The decision was to not permit it because it appears to be borderline racist.



PrincessPanda_test_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ugandan Knuckles meme is now banned on Scratch

KingOfAwesome58219 wrote:

Paddle2See wrote:

We just finished discussing it at the moderator meeting. The decision was to not permit it because it appears to be borderline racist.
Yay, they're like what the Roblox people did.

RIP Derpy Knuckles
2018-2018
“Do you know the way?”

Last edited by PrincessPanda_test_ (Jan. 17, 2018 03:54:30)


More professional signature coming soon. ~





On a Sunday, riding my bike,
I notice, I notice, different things that look alike
On a Sunday, riding my bike,
I notice, I notice, many many things that look alike
epicRedHot
Scratcher
500+ posts

Ugandan Knuckles meme is now banned on Scratch

That's a shame. Hopefully they saw what the original source was (direct quotes from the movie Who Killed Captain Alex?, which was made in and by Ugandans) before coming to that decision, otherwise it seems a bit misguided.

I occasionally do things.
canarycat2000
Scratcher
100+ posts

Ugandan Knuckles meme is now banned on Scratch

KingOfAwesome58219 wrote:

Paddle2See wrote:

We just finished discussing it at the moderator meeting. The decision was to not permit it because it appears to be borderline racist.
How is it even racist?

Hey jetzt, hey jetzt,TinyP ist vorbei(Hey now, hey now,TinyP is over)

Clatter: I vant to pe zee first tank in ein kame to zay "(removed by me to avoid getting in trouble)"
Rattle:Uh……..(whispers in Clatter's ear)
Clatter:Vat?Tiny Tank Halready zaid it?VELL (removed) OFF TINY,(removed) OFF TINY,(removed) VU,(removed),(removed),(removed)!!!!!!
KingOfAwesome58219
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ugandan Knuckles meme is now banned on Scratch

canarycat2000 wrote:

KingOfAwesome58219 wrote:

Paddle2See wrote:

We just finished discussing it at the moderator meeting. The decision was to not permit it because it appears to be borderline racist.
How is it even racist?
Making fun of Ugandan accents supposedly. I respect their decision but I disagree. Better safe than sorry I guess.

Last edited by KingOfAwesome58219 (Feb. 13, 2018 16:53:44)




CarelessCrasher
Scratcher
14 posts

Ugandan Knuckles meme is now banned on Scratch

WHY DEY NOT KNOW DAWAE?
miles854
Scratcher
100+ posts

Ugandan Knuckles meme is now banned on Scratch

I found user, I won't say there name, who is using Uganda Knuckles as there profile picture. Is this allowed on Scratch, or only using the character in a meme? Using it as a profile picture is not racist as the Scratch Team has decided it is, but using it in the meme is. I will politely ask the user to change there profile picture, and if they don't report it, if using it in this way is not allowed. If it is allowed, I'll leave the user alone about it entirerly. I just want to confirm if it is allowed or not before I ask the user to remove it as there profile picture or not.

I'm running macOS Sierra on a Macbook Air, and use Scratch on Google Chrome and occasionally on the downloadable offline editor.
I try to keep Google Chrome, macOS and Google Chrome up to date with the latest software/updates.
TheEnderQueen
Scratcher
500+ posts

Ugandan Knuckles meme is now banned on Scratch

miles854 wrote:

I found user, I won't say their name, who is using Uganda Knuckles as there profile picture. Is this allowed on Scratch, or only using the character in a meme?

That should be fine, as Knuckles doesn't necessarily have to be associated with the meme. Even if it's the red one, the ST said that they are not allowing the meme for its racism, and Ugandan Knuckles is just a figure.

IgDegOo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ugandan Knuckles meme is now banned on Scratch

i'm quite happy to be honest

the meme was terrible

(zz)
This is Sleepy Thing.
he doesnt do anything he's just a lazy poop and i cant remove him from my signature
help
PrincessFlowerTV
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ugandan Knuckles meme is now banned on Scratch

IgDegOo wrote:

i'm quite happy to be honest

the meme was terrible

PrincessFlowerTV ✿
but you can call me The Unconstructive Eliminator
Hey there! I'm a teenage girl who is a christian, writer, drawer, a Forum Helper, Wiki editor, and i'm homeschooled. Got all that? xD
My Blog QAS Question Dictionary Rejected Suggestions ???
I'm secretly a IKEA chair disguised as a teen girl ;)




Kilonap
Scratcher
70 posts

Ugandan Knuckles meme is now banned on Scratch

PrincessPandaLover wrote:

PROOF: My 2017 in a nutshell project got taken down because of that, as an Easter egg.
From what I’ve heard, they chose to ban it because it’s basically racist apparently. I hope this helped answer your question, tell me if it did.

i think i'm supposed to write sumthing here or something…
PrincessPanda_test_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ugandan Knuckles meme is now banned on Scratch

IgDegOo wrote:

i'm quite happy to be honest

the meme was terrible
IKR

More professional signature coming soon. ~





On a Sunday, riding my bike,
I notice, I notice, different things that look alike
On a Sunday, riding my bike,
I notice, I notice, many many things that look alike
-NostalgicNeko-
Scratcher
1 post

Ugandan Knuckles meme is now banned on Scratch

when green flag clicked
say [oh ok then] for (10) secs
forever hide

SORRY SCRATCH

Last edited by -NostalgicNeko- (Feb. 17, 2018 18:29:48)

Wahsp
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ugandan Knuckles meme is now banned on Scratch

-NostalgicNeko- wrote:

when green flag clicked
say [oh ok then] for (10) secs
forever hide

SORRY SCRATCH
Please don't blockspam

| Forum Helper | 5000+ posts | Past FPC | 4 years |

LOLman2009
New to Scratch
2 posts

Ugandan Knuckles meme is now banned on Scratch

I find this stupid. I was gonna make a uganda knuckles dance party, but than I came across this post. Scratch team, ugandan knuckles is not racist.
Even roblox banned me for 3 DAYS just because I posted a picture of him. Also:
 
[/list]

ask DO YOU KNOW THE WAY? >:)

Last edited by LOLman2009 (Feb. 20, 2018 18:27:29)

DaEpikDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ugandan Knuckles meme is now banned on Scratch

the st killed captain knuckles?

no?

A limerick:
((12 + 144 + 20) + (3 * √(4))) / 7 + 5 * 11 = 9^2 + 0

this PMD2 riolu portrait is the most me_irl image ever

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile