Discuss Scratch

VideoGamerCanInvent
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Option to Disable "What I've Been Doing"

Sometimes we want to go incognito every once and a while. This would be nice if you want your history private.

-Osiris-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Would disabling “What I've Been Doing” also disable the thing that followers of that scratcher see on the homepage?

Last edited by -Osiris- (Jan. 11, 2018 23:41:11)

CosmicBunBun
Scratcher
100+ posts

I like this idea; not for the reason of privacy, but because you can use a certain project player (I forgot it's name) to view projects via a link even if it has been deleted, and a deleted project isn't redacted from the bar when you delete it.

Where would the button be? Account Settings?

kenny2scratch
Scratcher
500+ posts

[removed workaround that doesn't work anymore - I wouldn't have to do this if people read the entire thread]

Last edited by kenny2scratch (Jan. 12, 2018 09:40:40)

post brought to you by the preview links bug and the uploads site bug. 看一下中文 Scratch 維基想參加?請參考這頁

Wiki Wednesday, July 25th, 2018

The next upcoming Wiki Wednesday will be on July 25th, 2018. If you have read a Wiki article that really helped you, go ahead and suggest it! Keep in mind what a Wiki Wednesday article should include. A few days before Wiki Wednesday, all suggestions will be taken into consideration and one will be submitted to the Scratch Team for review. Don't worry, we look at each suggestion equally - no article is favored over another.
kenny2scratch
Scratcher
500+ posts

Aqua-sempai wrote:

kenny2scratch wrote:

For now, there's a simple way to blank that section: post in the forums. Seriously - try it. Posting in the forums blanks that section of the profile. I don't know why, but it does. Take a look here for the GitHub issue tracking this problem.
fake news
Yeah, sorry, looks like the issue was resolved

post brought to you by the preview links bug and the uploads site bug. 看一下中文 Scratch 維基想參加?請參考這頁

Wiki Wednesday, July 25th, 2018

The next upcoming Wiki Wednesday will be on July 25th, 2018. If you have read a Wiki article that really helped you, go ahead and suggest it! Keep in mind what a Wiki Wednesday article should include. A few days before Wiki Wednesday, all suggestions will be taken into consideration and one will be submitted to the Scratch Team for review. Don't worry, we look at each suggestion equally - no article is favored over another.
WolfCat67
Scratcher
1000+ posts

kenny2scratch wrote:

Aqua-sempai wrote:

kenny2scratch wrote:

For now, there's a simple way to blank that section: post in the forums. Seriously - try it. Posting in the forums blanks that section of the profile. I don't know why, but it does. Take a look here for the GitHub issue tracking this problem.
fake news
Yeah, sorry, looks like the issue was resolved
Looks like it! About time; I always knew it was due to posting on the forums.

Support, mainly just for privacy reasons. If you don't want to share with people what you've been doing, why prevent people from having that option?
Wahsp
Scratcher
1000+ posts

kenny2scratch wrote:

It doesn't work like that anymore

/ ||||||||||||| \ ____._____/ Wahsp \ ________._/ ||||||||||||| \
/ |||||||||||||||||||||| \_____ / Game Maker \______/ ||||||||||||||||||||| \
| |||||||||||||||||||||||| |___–_| 3,000 + Posts |___._| |||||||||||||||||||||||| |
/ |||||||||||||||||||||||||| \ ____/ Forum Helper \___._/ |||||||||||||||||||||||||| \
| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |____| Past FPC #288|____| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |
How do you picture me?
WolfCat67
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Wahsp wrote:

kenny2scratch wrote:

It doesn't work like that anymore
He knows, read his above post