Discuss Scratch

girlsruless
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Why was the forum/user search bar removed?

I didn't see this in the directory, so yeah. I just wanted to know why you removed them. If they were still here, we could make the forums less cluttered because we could search for a topic before making one. And directories might not be reliable. Also, if you want to find a friend who recently started Scratch and doesn't have projects, that's another problem.

ROBLOX, Minecraft, Pokémon, AJ, Miraculous, Warrior cats, HTTYD, and CW fan(and obviosly a girl), girlsruless.





blue-circle
Scratcher
100+ posts

Why was the forum/user search bar removed?

Yes! I haven't been on scratch in a long time and I just made a new account and I was so surprised to realize its gone! Plus, discuss isn't even on the bar at the top of the website anymore and its pretty hard to get too.
girlsruless
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Why was the forum/user search bar removed?

blue-circle wrote:

Yes! I haven't been on scratch in a long time and I just made a new account and I was so surprised to realize its gone! Plus, discuss isn't even on the bar at the top of the website anymore and its pretty hard to get too.
At first I even thought they totally removed the forums because of that!

ROBLOX, Minecraft, Pokémon, AJ, Miraculous, Warrior cats, HTTYD, and CW fan(and obviosly a girl), girlsruless.





Wahsp
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Why was the forum/user search bar removed?

The forum search stopped working and it hasn't been a priority to fix. You can use a custom search instead.
As for user search, I don't know why it was removed, but you can use the url
scratch.mit.edu/users/USERNAMEHERE/

| Forum Helper | 6000+ posts | Past FPC | Five years |

girlsruless
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Why was the forum/user search bar removed?

bump

ROBLOX, Minecraft, Pokémon, AJ, Miraculous, Warrior cats, HTTYD, and CW fan(and obviosly a girl), girlsruless.





adsuri
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Why was the forum/user search bar removed?

girlsruless wrote:

I didn't see this in the directory, so yeah. I just wanted to know why you removed them. If they were still here, we could make the forums less cluttered because we could search for a topic before making one. And directories might not be reliable. Also, if you want to find a friend who recently started Scratch and doesn't have projects, that's another problem.
You can use the google search 'site:scratch.mit.edu/discuss <insert search query here>' or 'site:scratch.mit.edu/ <insert search query here>'

The Meme of the Decade Polltab is here: https://www.polltab.com/bracket-poll/3khi0iB-h.










Last edited by adsuri, Harry James Potter, & Tom Marvolo Riddle (Tomorrow 11:59:59.99999)
100th Post!!!!! | 200th Post!!!!! | 250th Post!!!!! | 300th Post!!!!! | 400th Post!!!!! | 500th Post!!!!! | 600th Post!!!!! | 700th Post!!!! | 800th Post!!!! | 900th Post!! | Adsuri's Shop!!!!! | Reviewer, Memer, Idea Person, & “BBCode”…er At The Emerald Shop! | Banner By @Sweetlyshy | An Internet Plz?
apple502j
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Why was the forum/user search bar removed?

There used to be a user search which uses Google Search, but China tends to block Google in these days, so ST changed the way the search works.
Due to this, ST had to own searching feature, which lost some useful features. However, if you suggest, the user search may come back.

OSS Contributor & Translator of Scratch 3.0, Experienced Wikian @ enwiki, Admin @ jawiki
51 Pull Requests merged to LLK repository since April 4, 2018
Speaks English & Japanese

Scratch 3.0のOSS貢献者と翻訳者、英語版ウィキでExperienced Wikian、日本語版管理者
2018年4月4日から、51本のPRがいままでにLLKリポジトリにマージされました
日本語+英語
girlsruless
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Why was the forum/user search bar removed?

apple502j wrote:

There used to be a user search which uses Google Search, but China tends to block Google in these days, so ST changed the way the search works.
Due to this, ST had to own searching feature, which lost some useful features. However, if you suggest, the user search may come back.
They could always use the same searching feature as for the studios and projects..

ROBLOX, Minecraft, Pokémon, AJ, Miraculous, Warrior cats, HTTYD, and CW fan(and obviosly a girl), girlsruless.





Auroura_Wolf
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Why was the forum/user search bar removed?

girlsruless wrote:

apple502j wrote:

There used to be a user search which uses Google Search, but China tends to block Google in these days, so ST changed the way the search works.
Due to this, ST had to own searching feature, which lost some useful features. However, if you suggest, the user search may come back.
They could always use the same searching feature as for the studios and projects..
It's not really necessary and there are easy alternatives:

Wahsp wrote:

The forum search stopped working and it hasn't been a priority to fix. You can use a custom search instead.
As for user search, I don't know why it was removed, but you can use the url
scratch.mit.edu/users/USERNAMEHERE/

DING DONG, YOUR OPINION IS WRONG!
(or maybe it's not. it depends what your opinion is and what it's about…)

(This siggy is broken, I can't get the banner to work)
girlsruless
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Why was the forum/user search bar removed?

Auroura_Wolf wrote:

girlsruless wrote:

apple502j wrote:

There used to be a user search which uses Google Search, but China tends to block Google in these days, so ST changed the way the search works.
Due to this, ST had to own searching feature, which lost some useful features. However, if you suggest, the user search may come back.
They could always use the same searching feature as for the studios and projects..
It's not really necessary and there are easy alternatives:

Wahsp wrote:

The forum search stopped working and it hasn't been a priority to fix. You can use a custom search instead.
As for user search, I don't know why it was removed, but you can use the url
scratch.mit.edu/users/USERNAMEHERE/
I know about the user search, but I think the ST should make it a priority because of all the duplicate topics here.

ROBLOX, Minecraft, Pokémon, AJ, Miraculous, Warrior cats, HTTYD, and CW fan(and obviosly a girl), girlsruless.





Scratch---Cat
Scratcher
500+ posts

Why was the forum/user search bar removed?

Sorry , but I can't access Google. Can you move the search bar back?

Download Scratch 2.0 | Check your messages | Check my messages
______________________________________________________________

If you want to subscribe to this forum topic, please click the
{} Follow Discussion :: ring sensing
button below this forum post! Thanks!

KJRYoshi07
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Why was the forum/user search bar removed?

Scratch---Cat wrote:

Sorry , but I can't access Google. Can you move the search bar back?
Please don't necropost.

moved accounts lol
girlsruless
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Why was the forum/user search bar removed?

bump

ROBLOX, Minecraft, Pokémon, AJ, Miraculous, Warrior cats, HTTYD, and CW fan(and obviosly a girl), girlsruless.





Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile