Discuss Scratch

zlivvy
Scratcher
69 posts

People Should Get Notifications if Somebody They Follow Posts a Project

No support. There's a section of the front page literally called “Projects by Scratchers I'm Following” as people have already stated. I get enough notifications as it is, I leave for a bit and suddenly I have 200+ things to read through.

Ryasis
Scratcher
1000+ posts

No support for the reasons laid out on the last two posts

Last edited by Ryasis (Aug. 9, 2018 17:33:40)

Smug scottish ego
DANISON
Scratcher
100+ posts

No support. Reasons above. ^

forever:: #ef9d15
have fun:: #438fe0
end
MathlyCat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

zlivvy wrote:

No support. There's a section of the front page literally called “Projects by Scratchers I'm Following” as people have already stated. I get enough notifications as it is, I leave for a bit and suddenly I have 200+ things to read through.
This isn't a notification?

Please explain how that is a notification.

Think before you act.
Actions speek louder than words.

hi there fella
aminameow4
Scratcher
70 posts

I think this would be really useful! Yes, the “projects by Scratchers I'm following” section exists, but it's not very useful if you're like me, and follow hundreds upon hundreds of Scratchers. This section is simply too small. I often miss my friends' projects as a result of this. If Scratch had some sort of new “dashboard” tab, between the About and search bar, that'd help a lot. This way, you could see whenever people you follow post, and not have to lose touch. In addition, there could be optional notifications that you could toggle depending on your preferences- like, if you really like one user's projects, and they're not very active, you click the “turn on notifications” icon, and get notifications whenever that user posts a new project.

Please check out my profile! @aminameow4 and http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/25446088/ Thanks!
coder2045
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support. I know a user who made a project series, and she said that the next episode is almost done. It hasn't been made yet and I'm tired of checking her profile every single day to see if that episode is done or not.

Highlight this text and press Ctrl-Shift-Down to view more of my signature. There's a lot in there.
I FOUND THE POSTIE POSTIE POST LINK THIS
Brainteaser: What comes next? Answer on my profile. First correct answer gets a follow.

[ ]
[ [ ] ]
[ [ [ ] ] [ ] ]
Good projects ⬇️