Discuss Scratch

coolcat98
Scratcher
100+ posts

Misspelling in the "Meow" language

When using the Meow language, all the blocks in the editor say “meow”. I found a misspelling in the editor: the

<meow [mouse-pointer v] ? :: sensing>
says “moew” instead of “meow”, like this:

<moew [mouse-pointer v] ? :: sensing>

"Meow! Meow Meow [sic] purrrr lick meow!" - @ScratchCat
Scratch account: @coolcat98 | Scratch Wiki account: Coolcat98 | My shop: PixelZ
 >>> WILL BE INACTIVE UNTIL THE SCHOOL YEAR STARTS <<< | 3x Curated | 1x Top Loved | Male | 11 | Scratcher | Wiki Editor | Scratch 2, Python 3, JavaScript, HTML5, and CSS3 | Warrior Cats fan | Minecrafter | Geometry Dasher | 100+ Posts | Has 2 cats |  Signature is protected from kumquats by cats: =^..^= =^..^=    
Graph Runner, a mathematical platformer: Link | 2.0 Beta | Project Ideas topic | Show and Tell topic
Infernoplex - Piano Cover, a music project: Link | Show and Tell topic | Things I'm Making/Creating Topic
bigpuppy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I think the Scratch Team's priorities are most likely on real languages right now

“Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don't believe is right.” -Jane Goodall
Paddle2See
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

As I recall, that was actually done on purpose - or, at least, left that way after being discovered. We figured that cats might not be the best spellers

Scratch Team Member, kayak and pickleball enthusiast, cat caregiver.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.
(credit to Za-Chary)

;
RobloxLover5000
Scratcher
19 posts

I've noticed that too. I also think they should put an Edible Scratch language in the editor too.
ocean20012
Scratcher
24 posts

Why is there an meow language?
coolcat98
Scratcher
100+ posts

RobloxLover5000 wrote:

I've noticed that too. I also think they should put an Edible Scratch language in the editor too.
What would be in it?

ocean20012 wrote:

Why is there an meow language?
It was an old April Fools joke. Here's the link to the Scratch Wiki page: https://wiki.scratch.mit.edu/wiki/April_Fools#2014

"Meow! Meow Meow [sic] purrrr lick meow!" - @ScratchCat
Scratch account: @coolcat98 | Scratch Wiki account: Coolcat98 | My shop: PixelZ
 >>> WILL BE INACTIVE UNTIL THE SCHOOL YEAR STARTS <<< | 3x Curated | 1x Top Loved | Male | 11 | Scratcher | Wiki Editor | Scratch 2, Python 3, JavaScript, HTML5, and CSS3 | Warrior Cats fan | Minecrafter | Geometry Dasher | 100+ Posts | Has 2 cats |  Signature is protected from kumquats by cats: =^..^= =^..^=    
Graph Runner, a mathematical platformer: Link | 2.0 Beta | Project Ideas topic | Show and Tell topic
Infernoplex - Piano Cover, a music project: Link | Show and Tell topic | Things I'm Making/Creating Topic