Discuss Scratch

LuckyLucky7
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Eraser color types in dark gray in vector mode

I don't know why, but using the red line color(Eraser color) in vector mode types in dark gray instead of checkerboard color(Basically typing letters that erases a costume/backdrop). Is this supposed to be a glitch?

Last edited by LuckyLucky7 (Nov. 23, 2017 16:25:10)


I have about 1600 posts, 75 projects, and 65 followers.

asivi
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Eraser color types in dark gray in vector mode

Eraser color?
It is a transparent color, it doesn't erase anything.
LuckyLucky7
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Eraser color types in dark gray in vector mode

asivi wrote:

Eraser color?
It is a transparent color, it doesn't erase anything.
In bitmap when using the brush, the transparent color erases(that's what I mean by eraser color), but both bitmap and vector type in dark gray.
Why does Bitmap/Vector mode have to type in dark gray instead of another color, like white or black?
What color is the transparent color anyways? Dark gray, Eraser, or Both?
What even is the purpose of this color anyways?

I have about 1600 posts, 75 projects, and 65 followers.

LuckyLucky7
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Eraser color types in dark gray in vector mode

BUMP!
Reason: Unaswered questions in the post above.

I have about 1600 posts, 75 projects, and 65 followers.

KingOfAwesome58219
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Eraser color types in dark gray in vector mode

LuckyLucky7 wrote:

asivi wrote:

Eraser color?
It is a transparent color, it doesn't erase anything.
In bitmap when using the brush, the transparent color erases(that's what I mean by eraser color), but both bitmap and vector type in dark gray.
It does not erase per se, rather replaces that pixel with a transparent one. Vector supports multiple layers so it adds a transparent colored line/shape over whatever you're attempting to erase.

The ‘red line’ color is transparent. It is not a color. It acts as a pixel eraser in bitmap only and a way to ‘erase’ the outline or fill of a shape in vector.

Last edited by KingOfAwesome58219 (Feb. 6, 2018 21:21:18)




asivi
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Eraser color types in dark gray in vector mode

It is better that you explain how you did it step by step so we can try to reproduce the bug.
LuckyLucky7
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Eraser color types in dark gray in vector mode

KingOfAwesome58219 wrote:

LuckyLucky7 wrote:

asivi wrote:

Eraser color?
It is a transparent color, it doesn't erase anything.
In bitmap when using the brush, the transparent color erases(that's what I mean by eraser color), but both bitmap and vector type in dark gray.
It does not erase per se, rather replaces that pixel with a transparent one. Vector supports multiple layers so it adds a transparent colored line/shape over whatever you're attempting to erase.

The ‘red line’ color is transparent. It is not a color. It acts as a pixel eraser in bitmap only and a way to ‘erase’ the outline or fill of a shape in vector.

Ok, Thanks! Since I have this answer, I have now closed this topic.

I have about 1600 posts, 75 projects, and 65 followers.

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile