Discuss Scratch

1By1CODE
Scratcher
78 posts

Themes for 3.0

support! Although I want to have more custom looks to the scratch editor in 3.0, this seems nice.

Signed. Can't think of a good signature.
megaman100
Scratcher
100+ posts

Themes for 3.0

muellly wrote:

Support. The new looks of the 3.0 editor kind of turn me away from it and make me want to use the 2.0 editor offline. If this was added Scratchers who are used to not 3.0 would be encouraged to use 3.0 as it is the version they are used to plus new features. The way the blocks look in 3.0, selecting blocks, the places everything is located on the screen, adding new costumes, well pretty much everything about the looks of 3.0 bothers me.
Absolutely support! In addition to having themes for the editor, we should also have themes for the website.
LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Themes for 3.0

Support, IMO the editor is really disproportional and I'd have a really difficult time adjusting to it easily.

lh70 / nora/tobi / she-they pronouns / pansexual-demisexual / 14 / sagittarius / furry / artist / intp / stop-motion films / lbp / fall out boy / panic! at the disco / twenty one pilots / stranger things / a series of unfortunate events
“When you have a bad day, a really bad day, try and treat the world better than it treated you.” -Patrick Stump
“Music seems to hold everything together. It seems to make things not so chaotic sometimes. It seems to make things make more sense sometimes.” -Tyler Joseph
“You'll fear your fears forever if you never do things you're afraid of.” -Josh Dun
“I'm still figuring out who I am, but I know I'm not who I was.” -Brendon Urie
megaman100
Scratcher
100+ posts

Themes for 3.0

LionHeart70 wrote:

Support, IMO the editor is really disproportional and I'd have a really difficult time adjusting to it easily.
I had the same idea!
Flowermanvista
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Themes for 3.0

Yes please. I really don't like the 3.0 UI, so this would make it much much much more tolerable. Support.

Add a SPOOKY SKELETON to your project!

The Scratch 3 Project Save Troubleshooter - find out why your project won't save

ST, Please Add A Warning When A Size Limit Is Exceeded

My Dumb Creations - THE BEST ANIMATION | The Windows 98 Experience (made on Windows 98) | nobody cares about Me… | the2000 Reveals His New Profile Picture | Not Dumb Creations - Ten Years
Ctrl+Shift+Down for more…
Do evil kumquats keep eating your signature? Assert your dominance and eat the evil kumquats. Did you know that kumquats are only about the size of an olive?
megaman100
Scratcher
100+ posts

Themes for 3.0

Flowermanvista wrote:

Yes please. I really don't like the 3.0 UI, so this would make it much much much more tolerable. Support.
I hope they add this feature soon!
NilsTheBest
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Themes for 3.0

Support!
I'm not a big fan of the new UI either, and I think I'll really miss 2.0… One question though, if we adapt to the 2.0 (or 1.4) UI, will the features we have in 3.0 be there in the 2.0 UI?

NilsTheChair | 5 years on Scratch | 4000+ posts | former wiki editor | 332nd FPC | CoR founder
computerboy12345
Scratcher
100+ posts

Themes for 3.0

YubNubEwok wrote:

jacobsmash1 wrote:

Support train
Why do you support this?
THE FIRST PERSON TO “NOT SUPPORT” GET WRECKED im just kidding

Support.

CHRISTIAN—CODER—KUMQUAT KILLER

i run a kumquat exterminating business just so u know
YubNubEwok
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Themes for 3.0

computerboy12345 wrote:

YubNubEwok wrote:

jacobsmash1 wrote:

Support train
Why do you support this?
THE FIRST PERSON TO “NOT SUPPORT” GET WRECKED im just kidding

Support.
You had to say just support and quoted my post on asking why someone said support…
Why do you support this topic? Simply saying just support/no support/semi-support without a reason is considered not constructive.

Hello! I'mYubNubEwok!
YubNubEwok | Star Wars Nerd | Marvel Fan | Hunger Games Fan | #1 Wisconsin cheese Fan | Female | Christian | Webkinz user/collector | 2000+ posts | Philippians 4:13, Colossians 3:23 |
-Stuff to check out-
TheJediMasters
Ⓒⓡⓔⓐⓣⓘⓥⓔ Bᴜᴍᴘs
Right now I challenge you to: go to my profile, follow me, and check out my featured project (it's important!)

;
DoMi1231
Scratcher
50 posts

Themes for 3.0

Support! I still remember that old, black theme

KrisBigK
Scratcher
38 posts

Themes for 3.0

Support. First, I want to clarify that no work from the ST will be thrown away if themes are added. I think adding themes can let users decide which scratch version they want to work on while editing projects online. Different themes can let people know more about how scratch looked like in the past, experience them, and even make suggestions to 3.0 based on their experiences. Adding themes might also temporarily solve the problem of projects not working in 3.0, too.
Ideas about the future: When Flash is no longer supported in 2020, maybe the 2.0 theme can be removed or clicking on the 2.0 theme opens the 2.0 offline editor instead, and I don't think 1.4 theme would be affected.

Last edited by KrisBigK (Jan. 15, 2019 10:48:27)

Fupicat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Themes for 3.0

I support! This would be especially cool if we could create our own themes.

Mr_PenguinAlex
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Themes for 3.0

leapinleopardstar wrote:

Support!

Would it look something like this?
“Make a theme”?

YES

SUPPORT

ST, DO SOMETHING WORTHWHILE WITH SCRATCH 3.0 AND ADD THIS.

Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Themes for 3.0

Sorry everyone, but this suggestion is officially rejected.

Rejected Suggestions wrote:

41: Being able to set the editor to the older versions of Scratch:
While many users may find it nice to be able to choose what layout they want, it's unfortunately rather complicated. If you don't like the editor, you can download the offline editor (although this may not necessarily work depending on what type of device you have - for instance, I use a Chromebook and can't download it). 3.0 still has its bugs/missing features and the Scratch Team is working on fixing them.

Furthermore, here's more that @Paddle2See has said about this:

Paddle2See wrote:

Sorry - this would require that we maintain twice the amount of code for the user interface portions of Scratch. I don't think that is something we can afford, given the resources we have. It would also make Scratch more complicated (more options).

Paddle2See wrote:

To me that, sounds like a lot of complexity, both for the coders, but also for anybody trying to write documentation or teach Scratch.

To my knowledge, the Scratch Team is still considering options to change the block sizes, to change the side that the stage is on, and a dark mode.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

I was a Scratch Team member from May 10th 2019 to October 29th 2021.

my notebook | scratch team essay | accessibility essay
IsaiahContreras
Scratcher
500+ posts

Themes for 3.0

No support for the main thing. They aren't planning on storing twice the coding for the editor just for a theme for 2.0 or 1.4. It'd make Scratch more complicated. If you wanted to use the old Scratch editors, just download them from https://scratch.mit.edu/download

If this was to mean the ability to make the 3.0 editor a dark black, I'm all for it

The creative man that has many ideas
(The mind is the powerhouse to creativity::motion)::hat looks
use that creativity!::cap motion