Discuss Scratch

Cupcake19880
Scratcher
87 posts

Google's Easter Eggs

Elsadea wrote:

search play snake and lose then click the apple, the snake or the trophy
Those are to change the game, for example switch the trophy to a turtle and the snake will go slow or switch the snake to rainbow to make it rainbow.

Check out my project, it's underrated :P

if (join [following] [me]) then 
set [myself v] to [happy]

else
set [myself v] to [sad]
end
-gge
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Google's Easter Eggs

search up “pi” then click on the sparkling-ish pi sign in the calculator.

《 ? | aug 9 | ravenclaw | a | shift+down for more signature》
V CLICK THAT TO MAKE GRIFFPATCH FOLLOW YOU V

(+-(▪_▪ :: looks)-+ :: sound)// this is kumquat eater. she eats kumquats.
[/scratchblocks]

lm1996
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Google's Easter Eggs

How much coding do you think its takes to code these things?

Lm / She/her / D&D DM / April 3rd /
Cupcake19880
Scratcher
87 posts

Google's Easter Eggs

You missed the google sphere, google space, and google zipper

Last edited by Cupcake19880 (April 30, 2021 17:10:19)

Check out my project, it's underrated :P

if (join [following] [me]) then 
set [myself v] to [happy]

else
set [myself v] to [sad]
end
mbarto2
Scratcher
36 posts

Google's Easter Eggs

you can search up ‘thanos snap trick’ and click on the first thing that comes up and then click on the glove

i like food food tastes good pineapple should be on pizza
why not look on my profile
i make fun games and stuff
you should definetly look at thisproject about me eating a burger

i love this quote: ‘if i’m asked, when there will be enough women on the supreme court, I say, ‘when there are nine’ people are shocked- but there have been nine men, like forever, and nobody's ever raised there eyebrows at that' -Ruth Bader Ginsburg
mbarto2
Scratcher
36 posts

Google's Easter Eggs

you can search up ‘thanos snap trick’ and click on the first thing that comes up and then click on the glove
sorry for some reason it said i had not posted it so

Last edited by mbarto2 (April 30, 2021 17:14:20)

i like food food tastes good pineapple should be on pizza
why not look on my profile
i make fun games and stuff
you should definetly look at thisproject about me eating a burger

i love this quote: ‘if i’m asked, when there will be enough women on the supreme court, I say, ‘when there are nine’ people are shocked- but there have been nine men, like forever, and nobody's ever raised there eyebrows at that' -Ruth Bader Ginsburg
imfh
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Google's Easter Eggs

Scratch to Pygame converter: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/600562/
-gge
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Google's Easter Eggs

imfh wrote:

horse

[/scratchblocks]

imfh
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Google's Easter Eggs

-gge wrote:

imfh wrote:

-image-
horse
They added olympic sports to the dino game. I counted horse riding, sprint hurdles, gymnastics, surfing, and swimming (probably not the official names).

-gge
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Google's Easter Eggs

imfh wrote:

-gge wrote:

imfh wrote:

-image-
horse
They added olympic sports to the dino game. I counted horse riding, sprint hurdles, gymnastics, surfing, and swimming (probably not the official names).
how do you play the olympic versions

[/scratchblocks]

Venatus_123
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Google's Easter Eggs

recursion

bug with pfp?
imfh
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Google's Easter Eggs

-gge wrote:

imfh wrote:

-gge wrote:

imfh wrote:

-image-
horse
When you go to chrome://dino and start playing, there should be a torch near the beginning. Run into the torch and a random Olympic version will start.

Last edited by imfh (Aug. 2, 2021 22:04:23)

Dolphins989
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Google's Easter Eggs

if you google “loser” google will actually turn off your computer and-
oh-

<—- play my game please
ImYourFwend_
Scratcher
100+ posts

Google's Easter Eggs

-ShadowOfTheFuture- wrote:

Definition of easter egg - a hidden feature meant as a joke.

Please note: this topic isn't just for listing out the eggs. It's also for discussing them.

Does this belong in this forum? Just wondering.

===========================

Searching up “the answer to life the universe and everything” will open the calculator, which states that the answer to life the universe and everything is 42. This is a reference to a novel called A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

According to the Google calculator, “the loneliest number” is equal to 1, as is “the number of horns on a unicorn”.

Searching up “once in a blue moon” will bring up a weird calculation for the occurrence of a blue moon.

If you search up “recursion”, directly below the search bar, there will be text reading, “Did you mean: recursion”.

If you search up “anagram”, directly below the search bar, there will be text reading, “Did you mean: Nag a ram”. “Nag a ram” is an anagram of “anagram”.

Similarly, if you search up “define anagram”, the text will read “nerd fame again”. (Courtesy of @coolcat98)

Searching up “solitaire” will bring up a solitaire minigame that you can play.

Going to google.com/teapot will bring you to a weird error 418 page. You can click the teapot to cause it to tip over an pour out tea. This is a reference to a nursery rhyme.

Going to https://www.google.com/?hl=xx-pirate will bring you to a seemingly-normal Google search page, but the text on the search and I'm Feeling Lucky buttons are different. You can also replace “pirate” at the end of the URL with “piglatin”.

Searching up “google in 1998” will cause the google search page to change to what it looked like in 1998. Search up “take me back to the present” to revert to the normal page.

Searching up “do a barrel roll” will cause the entire page to do an aileron roll. (Courtesy of @DaEpikDude)

Searching up “askew” will make the page tilt slightly.

Searching up “zerg rush” will bring up a ton of small O's that “attack” the search results, and once you're defeated by them they will spell out the words “GG”. (Courtesy of @Dabzers)

Searching up “atari breakout” and going into images will bring up a game of pong.

Tell Google Home to self-destruct. It acts like it will self-destruct but then says “actually, I think I'll stick around”. (Courtesy of @nickeljorn)

Searching up “super mario bros” will show a box with a question mark. Clicking the box will give a coin and 200 points. Clicking it 100 times gives you a 1-up. This is a reference to the question-mark block in the game. (Courtesy of @scrooge200)

When you search up “bletchley park”, the text to the right of the search results will rapidly switch through several ciphers before settling on “Bletchley Park”. This is because Bletchley Park was a site for British codebreakers. (Courtesy of @PintOfMilk)

Type in “pacman 30th anniversary” to play a minigame of pacman.

Or, you can simply search up “pacman”. (Courtesy of @whatsfordinner77)

There was a doodle called “155th anniversary of the pony express”, which was actually a game. You move up and down with the arrow keys, collect mail, and avoid obstacles in your quest to deliver as much mail as you can. You can still play it here: https://www.google.com/doodles/155th-anniversary-of-the-pony-express

There was also a similar minigame for the halloween of 2016. You can play it here: https://www.google.com/doodles/halloween-2016

Google Gravity (http://mrdoob.com/projects/chromeexperiments/google-gravity/) is like the Google search page, but everything falls to the bottom and you can pick up different buttons and the search bar, and throw them around. (Courtesy of @bostinhadograu)

Searching up “spinner” will bring up an interactive number/fidget spinner. You can switch between them. (Courtesy of @yzyzyz)

Searching up “find chuck norris” and pressing “I'm feeling lucky” will redirect you to a website called nochucknorris.com that displays the following text: “Google won't search for Chuck Norris because it knows you don't find Chuck Norris, he finds you.” (Courtesy of @bostinhadograu)

Search up “sonic the hedgehog” and Sonic the Hedgehog will appear on the page after being left idle for a while. Clicking on him will make him roll, and if you do it enough times, he'll turn into super Sonic. (Courtesy of @spycapt54 and @MonkeyboyWyatt)

On Google Chrome, when there's no internet, if you press space you can play a fun minigame. (Courtesy of @girlsruless)

The “I'm feeling lucky” button redirects you to the first result, skipping the search. (Courtesy of @bostinhadograu)

Google Terminal (http://elgoog.im/terminal/ or http://www.masswerk.at/googleBBS/) lets you do a google search, except the search gui looks like a code terminal. (Courtesy of @bostinhadograu)

Copy the Google logo in the top-left corner of a search and paste it in a photo-editing program, and there used to be the Google logo with a bunch of random buttons and a transparent/black background (It worked for Bing as well). (Courtesy of @MCJB05)

If you click “I'm feeling lucky” without searching anything, you'll be taken to Google Doodles. (Courtesy of @MJCB05)

Search up “blink html” and the results will appear to be blinking. (Courtesy of @coolcat98)

Search up “is google down” and the word “no” will appear in big letters. (Courtesy of @coolcat98)

Searching up “hai” will bring up the Hindi to English translator. (Courtesy of @Mr_PenguinAlex)

Search up “snake” to bring up a playable game of snake. (Courtesy of @Mr_PenguinAlex)

On Youtube: (Courtesy of @MCJB05)
Search, ‘Harlem Shake’, and everything dances to the Harlem Shake.
Search, ‘Use the Force, Luke’, and everything moves around slowly.
Search, ‘Doge meme’, and all the text will be colorful.
Type, ‘Awesome’ on a video, and the search bar will be rainbow.
Go to https://www.youtube.com/leanback and YouTube will appear as it does on the X-Box.
Search, ‘Random video’, or, ‘Random video music’, and a random video or random video with music, respectively, will appear.

Type “awesome” while watching a youtube video, and the progress bar will flash rainbow colors. (Courtesy of @Mr_PenguinAlex)

===========================

If there are any that I missed, please feel free to tell me!
The zerg rush didn't work for me.

This is my signature. I love cats a much very much!

CTRL+SHIFT+DOWN ARROW to see more of my siggy!
[(。・∀・)ノ゙]

This is Weirdy. He protects my signature from villians.

I hate 60 secs cooldown

Mech Arena lover!

Video game lover… maybe

The daily best project

My mission is to reach 500+ posts
-gge
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Google's Easter Eggs

ImYourFwend_ wrote:

it got removed, seemingly

also please don't quote the op

[/scratchblocks]

Morimop
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Google's Easter Eggs

-gge wrote:

ImYourFwend_ wrote:

oof

i was able to play it before that, feels weird

Venatus_123
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Google's Easter Eggs

Morimop wrote:

-gge wrote:

ImYourFwend_ wrote:

oof

i was able to play it before that, feels weird
a same

bug with pfp?
dual_creator43
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Google's Easter Eggs

I found one on the Google app. If you go to “Tabs” and scroll down until you see shapes start appearing from the bottom, you can keep going and eventually reach a game of pinball.

I'm dual_creator43, and I hope I've done well with anything. (Projects, forum replies, etc.) My Scratch habits include:
  • checking my inbox
  • being active in the forums
  • working on my projects (sometimes)
Check out more about me by clicking here or here. Happy Scratching!

My most famous quote: “Nothing good ever comes from posting near the end of a page.”
This is probably the best post anyone has ever made for me.
Don't you hate it when your signature isn't big enough to show everything you put in it?

But I guess it doesn't matter since you're (probably) using Shift+↓.
-Yara
Scratcher
28 posts

Google's Easter Eggs

Can anyone find the first google easter egg?

-Yara
Scratcher
28 posts

Google's Easter Eggs

imfh wrote:

-gge wrote:

imfh wrote:

-gge wrote:

imfh wrote:

-image-
horse
When you go to chrome://dino and start playing, there should be a torch near the beginning. Run into the torch and a random Olympic version will start.
Okay thanks to you I'm dizzy, Welp I made it till 1229.