Discuss Scratch

Spycapt54
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The New Sonic the Hedgehog Topic

Ian123asd wrote:

I played Sonic Triple Trouble, Sonic Chaos, Sonic Drift 2, and Sonic 2. Here's my rating on those games!

Sonic 2: 9/10
Epic! With fast-paced platforming, and the introduction of Tails and Super Sonic, this game is a staple in the series! However, there are a few things that are… well, off. Super Sonic transforming on a jump isn't the best way to transform, especially when you didn't need to do so in the first place. Tails can't fly, even though he can do so while following Sonic. And Aquatic Ruins Zone sucks. Metropolis Zone is even worse. Overall, Sonic 2 is a great game!

Sonic Triple Trouble: 9/10
This game is fun to play, with great music (Oh boy, I love Sunset Park Zone's Act 3 Level Music), the ability to play as Sonic or Tails, and relatively short, but very fun levels. Seeing Knuckles become a villain again, combined with Eggman trying to take over the world again is a double whammy of urgency, plot-wise! Overall, this game is great! Only, the bosses are pathetically easy to beat, and having Knuckles send send you to another zone right after you just completed one is annoying, though I think that was the effect the game wanted to give us there.

Sonic Chaos: 8.5/10
This game is also fun to play! It's sprites are okay, though I liked Sonic Triple Trouble's sprites better, and the level music is cool! Similarly to STT, Sonic Chaos's levels are short, but fun to play!

Sonic Drift 2: 8.5/10
Contrary to popular belief, I found this game to be rather fun. C'mon, though Sonic isn't running, if he did, he'd outrun everyone every time, and besides, what about Sonic All Stars? What about Sonic Riders? I enjoyed it's level music, and as for the characters, who doesn't want to play as Metal Sonic on a go-kart? The powerup system was okay, too. And besides, you also get to play as Eggman. EGGMAN. EGGMAN, THE MAIN ANTAGONIST OF THE SONIC SERIES. IN AN OFFICIAL SONIC GAME. However, the curves can be annoying sometimes, and I REALLY hated Quake Cave. Anyway, I liked the game!
Here are some of my reviews, bite-size edition (WARNING: These are MY opinions and they may not be the same as your opinion):
Sonic CD: 9.710
I just love this game! Both the U.S. and JP soundtracks are epic, the stages are colorful and unique, and the special stages are more playable than the original Sonic the Hedgehog trilogy. You can jump back and forth between the present, past, and the future. The game might lack in difficulty if you just blaze (no pun intended) through the zones regularly, but getting the true ending is much more challenging. I haven't been able to do it yet! Did I mention the opening and ending cutscenes? If only there were more of them. And, it you have the iOS remake (whihc is what I have), you can unlock and play as Tails! It's probably my favorite Classic Era Sonic game! What brings this game down for me is how easy it can be at times, the boss fights are just pathetic, and Wacky Workbench just sucks.
Sonic Colors: 9.5/10 (Both Versions)
Both versions have their perks, the Wii version has more stages with some of them being pretty epic. The DS version has appearneces from Sonic's friends for side missions and handles the Wisps much better than the Wii version. Both sport and epic soundtrack (minus the opening and ending songs), interesting attractions to explore, and some cool power-ups. The plot is simple, but it mostly works. MY only real complaint is the DS version being really short and the Wii version not handling the Wisps as well and having some pretty lousy writing (except for the villains for the most part). Also, the Wii version has some lazy level design. Both versions also sport a massive difficulty spike and/or inconsistency, Despite being flawed, Sonic Colors does a lot of things right and I can sit down and enjoy this game.
Sonic Rush: 9.8/10
It may seem short on the surface, but I spent hours on this little hidden gem for the DS. The music is just amazing, there are two main story lines to experience (and one more if you collect all of the Chaos Emeralds), and the story is just filled with charm. This game introduced Blaze the Cat and I loved her in this game (I thought they messed up her character in following games). I won't go into all of the big details, but I will say that this game is nearly a masterpiece. My only major complain is the difficulty spiking and the occasional cheap boss fight (I had to switch to easy mode for some of the bosses just to stand a chance). My closing remark: The true ending is pretty touching, I know this from experience.
Sonic and the Secret Rings: 8/10
This is actually my little sister's game, but it wound up in my room and I played though it. I was fun at times, but I found it to be mostly just OK due to it sometimes being non-responsive, tedious, or just plain annoying at times). Would have been better if the game wasn't on-rails and you could explore at your own will and pace. The party mode is pretty decent, though, and I liked the upgrade system most of the time.
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity: 9/10
I enjoyed this a lot more than Secret Rings. I think you should just try this one out for yourself instead of listening to my review (I haven't even cleared all of the missions for this game yet).
In case you didn't read the disclaimer:
These are MY personal opinions, you don't have to share or even agree with them. Just respect them and keep anything mean or any kind of hate-posting to yourself. Thank you.

This is a signature. ಠ_ಠ
PrincessPandaLover
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The backstory of the ROBLOX Sonic fangame, “Crossover Sonic 3D RPG”, is that some evil hedgehog came out, sprayed purple smog everywhere (whoever inhaled it grew purple fungi and became aggressive), a good hedgehog appeared, teleported everyone to a small town, surrounded it with a force field, and left.

PRINCESSPANDALOVER IS BACK, GUYS.

It's been over 20 years since Sonic the Hedgehog first burst on the scene in a blur of blue and red. Since that dazzling debut, Sonic has dabbled in all sorts of genres-racing, snowboarding, pinball-but Sonic Mania goes back to where it all started, grabbing rings and racing round loop-the-loops. It has sprite-based graphics, which means it's pixelated like the original Sonic games were, and classic levels like Green Hill Zone return with new twists throughout. Best of all, it has the old crew back together again to stop Robotnik. Along with Sonic Boom: Fire and Ice and a brand new 3-D game [Sonic Forces], there's never a better time to be a Sonic fan.

- Game On! 2018 (pg. 122)
SonicMasterSystem
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SpyCapt54 wrote:

Here are some of my reviews, bite-size edition (WARNING: These are MY opinions and they may not be the same as your opinion):
Sonic CD: 9.710
I just love this game! Both the U.S. and JP soundtracks are epic, the stages are colorful and unique, and the special stages are more playable than the original Sonic the Hedgehog trilogy. You can jump back and forth between the present, past, and the future. The game might lack in difficulty if you just blaze (no pun intended) through the zones regularly, but getting the true ending is much more challenging. I haven't been able to do it yet! Did I mention the opening and ending cutscenes? If only there were more of them. And, it you have the iOS remake (whihc is what I have), you can unlock and play as Tails! It's probably my favorite Classic Era Sonic game! What brings this game down for me is how easy it can be at times, the boss fights are just pathetic, and Wacky Workbench just sucks.
Sonic Colors: 9.5/10 (Both Versions)
Both versions have their perks, the Wii version has more stages with some of them being pretty epic. The DS version has appearneces from Sonic's friends for side missions and handles the Wisps much better than the Wii version. Both sport and epic soundtrack (minus the opening and ending songs), interesting attractions to explore, and some cool power-ups. The plot is simple, but it mostly works. MY only real complaint is the DS version being really short and the Wii version not handling the Wisps as well and having some pretty lousy writing (except for the villains for the most part). Also, the Wii version has some lazy level design. Both versions also sport a massive difficulty spike and/or inconsistency, Despite being flawed, Sonic Colors does a lot of things right and I can sit down and enjoy this game.
Sonic Rush: 9.8/10
It may seem short on the surface, but I spent hours on this little hidden gem for the DS. The music is just amazing, there are two main story lines to experience (and one more if you collect all of the Chaos Emeralds), and the story is just filled with charm. This game introduced Blaze the Cat and I loved her in this game (I thought they messed up her character in following games). I won't go into all of the big details, but I will say that this game is nearly a masterpiece. My only major complain is the difficulty spiking and the occasional cheap boss fight (I had to switch to easy mode for some of the bosses just to stand a chance). My closing remark: The true ending is pretty touching, I know this from experience.
Sonic and the Secret Rings: 8/10
This is actually my little sister's game, but it wound up in my room and I played though it. I was fun at times, but I found it to be mostly just OK due to it sometimes being non-responsive, tedious, or just plain annoying at times). Would have been better if the game wasn't on-rails and you could explore at your own will and pace. The party mode is pretty decent, though, and I liked the upgrade system most of the time.
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity: 9/10
I enjoyed this a lot more than Secret Rings. I think you should just try this one out for yourself instead of listening to my review (I haven't even cleared all of the missions for this game yet).
In case you didn't read the disclaimer:
These are MY personal opinions, you don't have to share or even agree with them. Just respect them and keep anything mean or any kind of hate-posting to yourself. Thank you.
I wouldn't really consider Sonic Rush a “hidden gem”, but it is your opinion.

Last edited by SonicMasterSystem (Oct. 21, 2017 20:56:11)

“If the world chooses to become my enemy, I will fight like I always have!” - Shadow the Hedgehog
“The root of all of our problems… Solaris…” - Shadow the Hedgehog
“This is the end of you, and the end of my cursed past!” - Shadow the Hedgehog

SonicMasterSystem
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Wait, Spy… You like CD more than 3K? Have you gotten the good ending of 3K?

“If the world chooses to become my enemy, I will fight like I always have!” - Shadow the Hedgehog

SonicMasterSystem
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sonic Lost World 3DS is awesome!

Spycapt54
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SonicMasterSystem wrote:

Sonic Lost World 3DS is awesome!
I wanted to get it, but I can't find it anywhere. I tired GameStop and Wal-Mart.
I could have sworn my Wal-Mart still had copies of the game. In fact, my Wal-Mart will sometimes have copies of Sonic Unleashed for Xbox 360.

This is a signature. ಠ_ಠ
Ian123asd
Scratcher
500+ posts

Who would win in a fight: Sonic or Shadow?

Choco 'aint the only thing loco!

Check out Five Nights at Sonic's, Spring Days, A Week At Eladio's, or Minus Scratchy!
Join the Freedom Scratchers, or the Back@Freddy's World Team!
Check out my new battle series, Freedom Scratchers Battle Royale, or take a look at my topic, the Sonic Fangames Topic!
If collabs are for you, check out the Sonic Rumble Collab!
SonicFan91
Scratcher
500+ posts

Hello, everyone! I've made it to this topic. You know, the old topic was the first topic I ever made a post on, not only on Scratch, but any site at all! This one will be just as good, though. (This is now my most recent topic as well! At least I won't have to catch up on a few hundred pages of stuff that I missed out on reading now.)

Last edited by SonicFan91 (Oct. 21, 2017 21:41:58)

Hi! You've reached SonicFan91, a Scratcher who's a fan of Sonic, Warriors, and many, many, many other things. I'm also probably pretty busy right now. Please leave a message! *beep* LOL!

dineshc
Scratcher
61 posts

I like this plan. I should of thought of this.

Last edited by dineshc (Oct. 21, 2017 21:48:55)

Dnieshc Inc. FC FILE

I am a proud owner of Dineshc Inc. FC File

IT WOULD BE AN HONER TO FOLLOW DINESHC INC. FC FILE

SonicFan91
Scratcher
500+ posts

Oh wow, this new topic loads so much more quickly than the previous one! Wow again! *Clicks the “Follow Discussion” button.*

Last edited by SonicFan91 (Oct. 21, 2017 21:56:34)

Hi! You've reached SonicFan91, a Scratcher who's a fan of Sonic, Warriors, and many, many, many other things. I'm also probably pretty busy right now. Please leave a message! *beep* LOL!

Spycapt54
Scratcher
1000+ posts

As I said earlier, I would post my idea for a Sonic RPG again, so here it is:
Gameplay: Like most RPGs, the game would be set up into two major parts: Overworlds and Battles. You would could control Sonic and various other characters on the overworld, which is yours to explore. While exploring, you can use some special abilities to access new locations and other special goodies. As you explore the overworld, there are enemies scattered throughout the world. Some of them can be defeated like enemies in regular Sonic games on the overworlds, but certain marked enemies will trigger a turn-based battle. During your turn in battle, you can move around the arena and perform various moves, both off nave and defensive. Enemies can also move around the arena and attack during their turns. Your party would consist of three or four characters based off of story events and your personal choice. Some members will come and go as the story progresses.
Party Members (permanent or not in no particular order):
Sonic the Hedgehog
Miles “Tails” Prowler
Knuckles the Echidna
Amy Rose
Cream the Rabbit and Cheese the Chao
Big the Cat and Froggy
Shadow the Hedgehog
Sally Acorn
Bunnie Rabbot
Antonie D'Coolette
Chaos
Tikal the Echidna
Relic the Pika
Vector the Crocodile
Espio the Chameleon
Charmy Bee
Blaze the Cat
Silver the Hedgehog
Honey the Cat
Plot: Sonic and Tails raid Dr. Eggman's fortress, gets separated, and reunites to fight Dr. Eggman. The sky deck begins to explode as Dr. Eggman taunts the pair. Sonic and Tails are sent flying in the explosion and they alter wake up in a distant island. They begin to learn of Dr. Eggman's latest plot and his attempt to harness the power of the Babylonians. Characters come and go to help or hinder Sonic and friends as they restore artifacts and recover the Chaos Emeralds. I also had an idea for a cutscene where Shadow gets frozen in a cryogenic laboratory.
So, any thoughts? Questions?

Last edited by Spycapt54 (Oct. 21, 2017 23:07:26)

This is a signature. ಠ_ಠ
tenzinmishti
Scratcher
500+ posts

I really think SEGA can't draw wolves right (no offence SEGA), unlike Archie Comics. Which looks more like a wolf?

Compare to this:

SonicMasterSystem
Scratcher
1000+ posts

tenzinmishti wrote:

I really think SEGA can't draw wolves right (no offence SEGA), unlike Archie Comics. Which looks more like a wolf?

Compare to this:
I think the avatar character fits more with the Sonic-style. (Or at least Force's style.) The Archie design looks more like a weirdly realistic version of Tails . (But pink)

SonicMasterSystem
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Why is Tails orange? Hedgehogs are neither pink nor blue, and echidnas aren't red??

PrincessPandaLover
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SonicMasterSystem wrote:

tenzinmishti wrote:

Compare to this:
I think the avatar character fits more with the Sonic-style. (Or at least Force's style.) The Archie design looks more like a weirdly realistic version of Tails . (But pink)
Agreed. The Archie style looks very very uncanny.

Leotard of power! (Thanks TV Tropes)

Last edited by PrincessPandaLover (Oct. 21, 2017 23:02:51)

It's been over 20 years since Sonic the Hedgehog first burst on the scene in a blur of blue and red. Since that dazzling debut, Sonic has dabbled in all sorts of genres-racing, snowboarding, pinball-but Sonic Mania goes back to where it all started, grabbing rings and racing round loop-the-loops. It has sprite-based graphics, which means it's pixelated like the original Sonic games were, and classic levels like Green Hill Zone return with new twists throughout. Best of all, it has the old crew back together again to stop Robotnik. Along with Sonic Boom: Fire and Ice and a brand new 3-D game [Sonic Forces], there's never a better time to be a Sonic fan.

tenzinmishti
Scratcher
500+ posts

tenzinmishti wrote:

(Does it look like Tails NOW?)
Compare to this:

Spycapt54
Scratcher
1000+ posts

tenzinmishti wrote:

tenzinmishti wrote:

Compare to this:
1. Could be a wolf, but could also be a dog.
2. That doesn't look like a Sonic character. It looks like furry artwork (not your and TheBlackFox's furry art, but the kind of furry art that shows up when you look up anthropomorphic animals… Y'know, the kind that can be kinda (or very) disturbing sometimes.)
3. That wolf is bootiful.

Last edited by Spycapt54 (Oct. 21, 2017 23:18:08)

This is a signature. ಠ_ಠ
PrincessPandaLover
Scratcher
1000+ posts

tenzinmishti wrote:

tenzinmishti wrote:

Compare to this:
Try using SGW artwork, since that's very uncanny and un-Sonic-like.

SonicMasterSystem wrote:

Why is Tails orange? Hedgehogs are neither pink nor blue, and echidnas aren't red??
Because he is.

tenzinmishti
Scratcher
500+ posts

Spycapt54 wrote:

tenzinmishti wrote:

tenzinmishti wrote:

Compare to this:
1. Could be a wolf, but could also be a dog.
2. That doesn't look like a Sonic character. It looks like furry artwork (not your and TheBlackFox's furry art, but the kind of furry art that shows up when you look up anthropomorphic animals… Y'know, the kind that can be kinda (or very) disturbing sometimes.)
3. That wolf is bootiful.
1. Dog.
2. That picture matches my artstyle, actually. Almost, if you are looking at the eyes. Also, that's from an official Archiesonic comic. I think Tracy Yardley drew that..
3. Yeah
To PPL: What is SGW?

Last edited by tenzinmishti (Oct. 21, 2017 23:33:58)

Ian123asd
Scratcher
500+ posts

SonicMasterSystem wrote:

Worst logic ever…
Game logic. if Sonic can be blue and turn into a glowing yellow, purple, pitch black, or rainbow colored version of himself, who's to say Tails can't be orange? Besides, real life hedgehogs can be blue, pink, or any other unusual color. Why? Because you can dye their fur.

Choco 'aint the only thing loco!

Check out Five Nights at Sonic's, Spring Days, A Week At Eladio's, or Minus Scratchy!
Join the Freedom Scratchers, or the Back@Freddy's World Team!
Check out my new battle series, Freedom Scratchers Battle Royale, or take a look at my topic, the Sonic Fangames Topic!
If collabs are for you, check out the Sonic Rumble Collab!