Discuss Scratch

PrincessPanda_test_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The New Sonic the Hedgehog Topic

Since the old Sonic the Hedgehog topic, over 500 pages, started to load slowly and lag, I decided to start a new one. Here's a link to the original Sonic topic. Below, post anything about Sonic the Hedgehog, SEGA's most popular video game franchise and one of the most iconic video game franchises in the world. If you're a Sonic fan, drop in!

If you want to collab on something “Sonicky”, come over to the Sonic Saturn collab! We're trying to produce a neat animation series based on Sonic.

If you're about to post about shipping, direct yourself to the Sonic shipping topic.

For general SEGA discussion, come over to the SEGA topic.

What is Sonic the Hedgehog?
Sonic the Hedgehog is a science fantasy platform video game franchise by SEGA. Taking place in a world where humans and anthropomorphic animals (basically Golden Age of Animation styled funny animals with Japanese traits) co-exist, it's about a speedy blue hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog, who tries to foils the plans of the vicious mad scientist, Dr. Ivo “Eggman” Robotik and save animals throughout a speed-based environment. Rings are scattered around and springs are ready to be bounced on! As the series marches on, Sonic approaches more detailed and dangerous stories involving Eggman's new plots and encounters of more animals with unique superpowers including Miles “Tails” Prower, Silver the Hedgehog, and Amy Rose. Despite how tough and difficult the solution is, Sonic never loses!

If you like animals, robots, fast-paced action, and/or anything science fiction, Sonic the Hedgehog is for you!

For the Dragon Ball Z fans, Sonic the Hedgehog is basically DBZ but with animals!

Is Sonic the Hedgehog age-appropriate?
Yes, yes, of course. Unlike most of other SEGA's games, Sonic the Hedgehog is kid-friendly video game series and suitable for all ages. There's some cartoon violence, such as robots being smashed and Sonic falling with this rings tossed, however it's pretty mild and contains no gore. Some games have darker concepts, for example: Sonic gets killed in Sonic ‘06 and Shadow uses guns in Shadow the Hedgehog; but it’s no big deal. Be careful though, some Sonic fan content are obscene and inappropriate for minors.

Resources for learning about the blue blur
*Those were removed by the mods because they were ticked off by the warning of mature content being located somewhere in the site, so I have added them again but without links.

Things you can talk about or share
  • All of the Sonic games, modern, Dreamcast, or classic
  • Yo' favorite characters, either hero, anti-hero, or villain
  • Catchy Sonic music, with lyrics or not
  • Sonic TV shows (such as Sonic X and Boom)
  • Sonic Moblie apps
  • Sonic comic books (Archie, STC, and IDW)
  • Sonic OVA
  • The Sonic fandom (fan art, fan fiction, fangames, fan videos, fan music, fan characters, etc.)
  • Your own Sonic universe
  • Sonic memes (such as Sanic and “It's no use”)
  • Sonic merchandise (such as plush, figurines, apparel, and food)
  • Hacks of Sonic games and bootleg games
  • Theories and rumors (headcanons are accepted)
  • Official Sonic events and conventions (such as the Summer of Sonic, Sonic Boom, and E3)
  • Sonic-related news
  • Anything Sonic!

Rules and notices

It's recommended that you learn about Sonic the Hedgehog before jumping into the conversation (visit the links in the resources to receive the gift of hedgehog knowledge), because there might be some aspects which may confuse non-Sonic fans.

Remember, only Sonic stuff in this forum can be in this topic. Any other Sonic topics will be considered duplicates. It's the official rule. The only exception is if it really needs to be discussed outside this topic, such as being a flamebait.

And please follow the community guidelines. Nothing inappropriate or offensive. Although Sonic is for kids, the fandom can become REALLY REALLY nasty. Believe me, the fandom can produce stuff which NO ONE wants to see. (NFE content, such as minor bloodshed, is okay if there's a warning. You can mention Sonic fanwork with obscene content, just don't go into detail. And I do not want any anything related to fetishes here, such as vorarephilia, body inflation, and male pregnancy. They're gross and totally NSFW.)

Also, be friendly, no flaming. Never be troll Blaze. If you want to criticize something, you can but please do it in a kind and friendly way so everyone will appreciate it. Downright negative will upset some users and no one wants that. (NOTE: Following the shipping disaster, please use the separate shipping topic to discuss shipping) Please also refrain from discussing topica that have caused flaming in the past, such as pirated media. Don't forget to report any flamebaits that pop up. (SERIOUSLY, the previous topic got closed twice due to the blazing flames.)

Please, spam is a NO-NO (we were recently hit with a wave of “No one cares” and Coldsteel spam). You may post a couple of Sonic-related memes and funny content you find on the Internet SPARINGLY as long as you allow us to go with an interesting discussion.

I'm not sure but there might be some spoilers, especially if we're talking about a game we're playing.

Please report any post in which you think might be obscene or harmful.

If you are not interested in Sonic the Hedgehog, do not want to discuss about it, or disagree with these rules, I'll say one word: leave.

FAQ
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/2038456/

Stay Sonic!

The framework of this post was partially-inspired by the first post of the Steven Universe topic.

Last edited by PrincessPanda_test_ (June 10, 2018 11:30:17)

Click the image for something special!

Wanna collab on something Sonic?
Spycapt54
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I guess I'm right on time to the party…

Or am I early?

Last edited by Spycapt54 (Oct. 19, 2017 22:48:16)

This is a signature. ಠ_ಠ
PrincessPanda_test_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

From the old topic, completed:

PrincessPandaLover wrote:

Here's a game idea I came up on the school bus:

Sonic - The Challenge of the Spirits

In this Sonic RPG, Sonic and his friends must team up and journey over 5 maps to tame and return 5 giant and powerful spirits that have escaped and are now in possession of Eggman.

Story
Sonic and Shadow are racing after Eggman and his horde of robots. At the climax of the race, Sonic escapes, but Shadow is knocked out. Later, Shadow wakes up and finds himself in a mystical cavern. He carves his way out of the cave with Chaos Control. Suddenly, 5 spirits come out of thin air and, happy that they are free, rush out quickly.

A few days later, Sonic discovers that Eggman has conquered several nations. When he questions on how Eggman can do such thing, Shadow confesses that he unleashed the powerful spirits by accident. Sonic gathers his friends and they set out to stop Eggman's world domination and free the spirits from him.

Gameplay
Sonic and co can run around freely in the town hub and battle arenas.

A party can have up to five characters at a time. Starter characters are Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and Shadow. The player can unlock more characters they can team up with as they progress. The player can switch leader characters.

In the battle arena, the player can explore the arena, looking for treasure (containing commonly rings, uncommonly Attack Rings, rarely Wisps and new moves) and fighting enemies. Some enemies stay still, while some others move to the player if they are near them. Once the player bumps into an enemy, the battle starts. The action is real-time based, so the player must either inflict damage on the enemy or defend themselves frequently. For every enemy defeated, the player earns Attack Rings. A character can run out of health and when it does, they will faint and cannot be playable (300 Attack Rings can be spent to revive them). The player completes a battle arena, once they make it towards the end, complete a specific goal, or defeat a boss. They lose if all of their characters die (don't worry, all of them revive once they make it back to the town hub).

Certain characters can fly, climb, or teleport (with a cooldown, of course), which makes evading enemies and reaching difficult places easy. Certain characters can heal other characters at a time.

If the player is struggling with attacking an enemy, they can inflict a Power Attack, which costs 150 Attack Rings. For powerful enemies or bosses, the player can pay 250 Attack Rings and use 2 characters of the opposite genders to perform a highly powerful Power of the Heart Attack (shipping, right?).

Wisps can power up a character for a very short moment, which is useful for getting out of tight spots. Clothing can boost a character's stats, attacks, Power Attacks, and (formal wear only, which means you can dress Sonic and Amy in a tuxedo and gown) Power of the Heart Attacks. Chao can be trained in the Chao Garden and brought to battle to help their owners.

In the town hub, the player can talk with NPCs, buy new moves, Wisps, Chao eggs and supplies, and clothing at shops with rings, exchange Attack Points for rings, complete optional missions for ring and Attack Point prizes, and raise Chao in a Chao Garden.

Playable Characters
Sonic
Speed (how quickly a character can move and execute attacks): 9
Power (how powerful their attacks are): 5
Skill (how careful their attacks are): 4

Tails
Speed: 6
Power: 3
Skill: 9

Can fly

Knuckles
Speed: 7
Power: 8
Skill: 5

Can climb

Amy
Speed: 8
Power: 6
Skill: 4

Shadow
Speed: 9
Power: 7

Can fly, teleport, and heal 10 HP

Blaze
Skill: 3

Can teleport

Rouge
Speed: 5
Power: 2
Skill: 7

Can fly and climb

Silver
Power: 9
Skill: 2

Can fly and teleport

Cream
Speed: 4
Power: 1
Skill: 6

Can fly and heal 7 HP

Espio
Power: 5
Skill: 8

Can climb and heal 8 HP

Vector

Charmy
Skill: 1

Can fly

World Map and Spirits
The Mysterian Woods
5 town hubs
15 battle arenas
Rouge and Cream can be unlocked here.
Holds Sapienta the Owl Spirit

Frostbitten North
3 town hubs
30 battle arenas
Vector can be unlocked here.
Holds Calidum the Arctic Fox Spirit

Dehydrated Desert
8 town hubs
55 battle arenas
Blaze can be unlocked here.
Holds Mollis the Camel Spirit

Eastern Mountains
4 town hubs
89 battle arenas
Espio and Charmy can be unlocked here.
Holds Fortem the Panda Spirit.

Warmup Cooldown Beach
10 town hubs
120 battle arenas
Silver can be unlocked here.
Holds Laeta the Dolphin Spirit.

Power of Heart Attacks
Sonic and Amy - Supersonic Love
Sonic and Blaze - Firestorm
Sonic and Rouge - Quick Spy
Shadow and Amy - Mean Spirit
Shadow and Blaze - Eerie Flames
Shadow and Rouge - Sneaky Shadow
Silver and Amy - Optimism
Silver and Blaze - Matter Over Mind
Silver and Rouge - Shades of Gray
Knuckles and Amy - Ka-pow!
Knuckles and Blaze - Friction
Knuckles and Rouge - Master Emerald
Espio and Amy - Lazy Ninja
Espio and Blaze - Color Spectrum
Espio and Rouge - Run Hide Attack

maxgap12345
Scratcher
500+ posts

Wait a sec, I already made a topic like this.

AAlanScratch
Scratcher
500+ posts

Did you know that Sonic Funko Pops are coming?

https://funko.com/blogs/news/coming-soon-sonic-pop-s

Honestly, I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing.

“The only reason why you have Fortnite is that you're too broke to even buy an actual PlayStation 4 game.” -Albert Einstein.

The only 2 things you need to know about me:

Switch Friend Code: 8511-0430-4733
Steam ID: https://steamcommunity.com/id/pigeonman64/

Now go talk to me over there. Or here. I don't care.
SonicMasterSystem
Scratcher
1000+ posts

“If the world chooses to become my enemy, I will fight like I always have!” - Shadow the Hedgehog
“The root of all of our problems… Solaris…” - Shadow the Hedgehog
“This is the end of you, and the end of my cursed past!” - Shadow the Hedgehog

PrincessPanda_test_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

AAlanScratch wrote:

There were Funko Pop Sonic figurines once.

For some reason, they look creepy.

SonicMasterSystem wrote:

Going outside and social interaction vital, because that's true

SonicMasterSystem
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How would you feel if SEGA re-entered the console market?

“If the world chooses to become my enemy, I will fight like I always have!” - Shadow the Hedgehog

PrincessPanda_test_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SonicMasterSystem wrote:

A little uncertain, since Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft beated them up.

Post that on the SEGA topic next time.

SonicMasterSystem
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PrincessPanda_test_ wrote:

SonicMasterSystem wrote:

But, it ties into my next post. Have you heard of the SEGA Spartan? It runs a 4k Sonic game.

AAlanScratch
Scratcher
500+ posts

My opinion of Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxgWHzMvXOY

“The only reason why you have Fortnite is that you're too broke to even buy an actual PlayStation 4 game.” -Albert Einstein.

The only 2 things you need to know about me:

Switch Friend Code: 8511-0430-4733
Steam ID: https://steamcommunity.com/id/pigeonman64/

Now go talk to me over there. Or here. I don't care.
Ian123asd
Scratcher
500+ posts

AAlanScratch wrote:

YES! FINALLY!

In this Sonic RPG, Sonic and his friends must team up and journey over 5 maps to tame and return 5 giant and powerful spirits that have escaped and are now in possession of Eggman.

Story
Sonic and Shadow are racing after Eggman and his horde of robots. At the climax of the race, Sonic escapes, but Shadow is knocked out. Later, Shadow wakes up and finds himself in a mystical cavern. He carves his way out of the cave with Chaos Control. Suddenly, 5 spirits come out of thin air and, happy that they are free, rush out quickly.

A few days later, Sonic discovers that Eggman has conquered several nations. When he questions on how Eggman can do such thing, Shadow confesses that he unleashed the powerful spirits by accident. Sonic gathers his friends and they set out to stop Eggman's world domination and free the spirits from him.

Gameplay

A party can have up to five characters at a time. Starter characters are Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and Shadow. The player can unlock more characters they can team up with as they progress. The player can switch leader characters.

In the battle arena, the player can explore the arena, looking for treasure (containing commonly rings, uncommonly Attack Rings, rarely Wisps and new moves) and fighting enemies. Some enemies stay still, while some others move to the player if they are near them. Once the player bumps into an enemy, the battle starts. The action is real-time based, so the player must either inflict damage on the enemy or defend themselves frequently. For every enemy defeated, the player earns Attack Rings. A character can run out of health and when it does, they will faint and cannot be playable (300 Attack Rings can be spent to revive them). The player completes a battle arena, once they make it towards the end, complete a specific goal, or defeat a boss. They lose if all of their characters die (don't worry, all of them revive once they make it back to the town hub).

Certain characters can fly, climb, or teleport (with a cooldown, of course), which makes evading enemies and reaching difficult places easy. Certain characters can heal other characters at a time.

If the player is struggling with attacking an enemy, they can inflict a Power Attack, which costs 150 Attack Rings. For powerful enemies or bosses, the player can pay 250 Attack Rings and use 2 characters of the opposite genders to perform a highly powerful Power of the Heart Attack (shipping, right?).

Wisps can power up a character for a very short moment, which is useful for getting out of tight spots. Clothing can boost a character's stats, attacks, Power Attacks, and (formal wear only, which means you can dress Sonic and Amy in a tuxedo and gown) Power of the Heart Attacks. Chao can be trained in the Chao Garden and brought to battle to help their owners.

In the town hub, the player can talk with NPCs, buy new moves, Wisps, Chao eggs and supplies, and clothing at shops with rings, exchange Attack Points for rings, complete optional missions for ring and Attack Point prizes, and raise Chao in a Chao Garden.

Playable Characters
Sonic

Tails

Can fly

Knuckles

Can climb

Amy

Shadow

Blaze

Can teleport

Rouge

Can fly and climb

Silver

Can fly and teleport

Cream

Can fly and heal 7 HP

Espio

Can climb and heal 8 HP

Vector

Charmy

Can fly

World Map and Spirits
The Mysterian Woods
5 town hubs
15 battle arenas

Frostbitten North
3 town hubs
30 battle arenas

Dehydrated Desert
8 town hubs
55 battle arenas

Eastern Mountains
4 town hubs
89 battle arenas

Warmup Cooldown Beach
10 town hubs
120 battle arenas

Power of Heart Attacks

This idea is great, but Sonic Fangames Topic exists but there's a few things I need to state and ask about.

1. Why isn't Knuckles' power stat at 9?
2. Why formal wear only? I thought a Sonic clothing style would be more… well, vast.
3. How would Chao Gardens work in this game? Would they work like SA2:B? or The Tiny Chao Garden?
4. Heart Attacks? Shipping? I'm not even shocked. Someone add Sally into this.
5. I think the “Run Hide Attack” should be called “Rouge-like Espionage”.
And lastly, 6. I think this idea should be a Sonic game on Scratch!

Choco 'aint the only thing loco!

Check out Five Nights at Sonic's, Spring Days, A Week At Eladio's, or Minus Scratchy!
Join the Freedom Scratchers, or the Back@Freddy's World Team!
Check out my new battle series, Freedom Scratchers Battle Royale, or take a look at my topic, the Sonic Fangames Topic!
If collabs are for you, check out the Sonic Rumble Collab!
Spycapt54
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Since PrincessPandaLover reposted her Sonic RPG idea, I'll probably post up mine a little a bit later. Even though nobody cared.
;-;

This is a signature. ಠ_ಠ
PrincessPanda_test_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SonicMasterSystem wrote:

SonicMasterSystem wrote:

But, it ties into my next post. Have you heard of the SEGA Spartan? It runs a 4k Sonic game.
What?!

If new Sonic games come onto that console in the future, I'm definitely abandoning Nintendo consoles.

Ian123asd wrote:

AAlanScratch wrote:

YES! FINALLY!

Story

Gameplay

Playable Characters
Sonic

Tails

Can fly

Knuckles

Can climb

Amy

Shadow

Blaze

Can teleport

Rouge

Can fly and climb

Silver

Can fly and teleport

Cream

Can fly and heal 7 HP

Espio

Can climb and heal 8 HP

Vector

Charmy

Can fly

World Map and Spirits
The Mysterian Woods
5 town hubs
15 battle arenas

Frostbitten North
3 town hubs
30 battle arenas

Dehydrated Desert
8 town hubs
55 battle arenas

Eastern Mountains
4 town hubs
89 battle arenas

Warmup Cooldown Beach
10 town hubs
120 battle arenas

Power of Heart Attacks

This idea is great, but Sonic Fangames Topic exists but there's a few things I need to state and ask about.

1. Why isn't Knuckles' power stat at 9?
2. Why formal wear only? I thought a Sonic clothing style would be more… well, vast.
3. How would Chao Gardens work in this game? Would they work like SA2:B? or The Tiny Chao Garden?
4. Heart Attacks? Shipping? I'm not even shocked. Someone add Sally into this.
5. I think the “Run Hide Attack” should be called “Rouge-like Espionage”.
And lastly, 6. I think this idea should be a Sonic game on Scratch!
1. I didn't think of that.
2. You misread. It's saying that formal wear are the only clothing to power Power of the Heart attacks.
3. SA2:B
5. Maybe.

maxgap12345
Scratcher
500+ posts

Um why is there a second topic?

SonicMasterSystem
Scratcher
1000+ posts

maxgap12345 wrote:

The old one took to long to load.

maxgap12345
Scratcher
500+ posts

SonicMasterSystem wrote:

maxgap12345 wrote:

No I meant the other New Sonic Topic

XxThe_Black_FoxX
Scratcher
500+ posts

SonicMasterSystem wrote:

maxgap12345 wrote:

Heh….. No, last I counted, there's actually about five, unless those were deleted.

die Katzen (●ↀωↀ●)

SonicMasterSystem
Scratcher
1000+ posts

XxThe_Black_FoxX wrote:

SonicMasterSystem wrote:

maxgap12345 wrote:

Heh….. No, last I counted, there's actually about five, unless those were deleted.
there was like 9 lol

maxgap12345
Scratcher
500+ posts

SonicMasterSystem wrote:

XxThe_Black_FoxX wrote:

SonicMasterSystem wrote:

maxgap12345 wrote:

there was like 9 lol
I already made this topic.
Its here

(And besides, the topic I made was made a minute before this one came out)