Discuss Scratch

Bingham106
Scratcher
18 posts

What is an OC?

What is an OC?

Love, Fav and Follow Bingham106 for more awesome games!!!
WolfCat67
Scratcher
1000+ posts

What is an OC?

“OC” stands for “original character”. It's simply a character that someone created (usually the person posting it). For example, if I were to create a character with specific magical abilities, a name, a personality, and a couple other traits, it's my “original character”.

Bingham106
Scratcher
18 posts

What is an OC?

WolfCat67 wrote:

“OC” stands for “original character”. It's simply a character that someone created (usually the person posting it). For example, if I were to create a character with specific magical abilities, a name, a personality, and a couple other traits, it's my “original character”.
Thanks!

Love, Fav and Follow Bingham106 for more awesome games!!!
Florafeather
Scratcher
50 posts

What is an OC?

As they said above, an OC is an “original character”. The specifics for this can differ. Often times, there's conflict between whether an adoptable that you won in a DTA is your OC or not. Some people consider them your OC since they are the one and only and they belong solely to you. Others will say that it's not your OC because somebody else created it. It all depends on your definition of OC. Still, some examples of characters that are definitely NOT your OCs are TV show characters, book characters, or other people's characters and OCs.

A friendly member of Scratch since 2012, I am a senior member of the artistry and writing communities on Scratch and Wattpad.
TheUltimatum
Scratcher
1000+ posts

What is an OC?

OC stands for Original Cat.
PrincessPanda_test_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

What is an OC?

TheUltimatum wrote:

OC stands for Original Cat.
Nice joke!

One of my Sonic OCs is an original cat, though.

Marialisl
Scratcher
100+ posts

What is an OC?

WolfCat67 wrote:

Thanks! I wondered about that all my days when I was on aj
Marialisl
Scratcher
100+ posts

What is an OC?

Florafeather wrote:

As they said above, an OC is an “original character”. The specifics for this can differ. Often times, there's conflict between whether an adoptable that you won in a DTA is your OC or not. Some people consider them your OC since they are the one and only and they belong solely to you. Others will say that it's not your OC because somebody else created it. It all depends on your definition of OC. Still, some examples of characters that are definitely NOT your OCs are TV show characters, book characters, or other people's characters and OCs.
Thx
Spartacus02
Scratcher
7 posts

What is an OC?

WolfCat67 wrote:

thank you!
WolfCat67
Scratcher
1000+ posts

What is an OC?

Spartacus02 wrote:

WolfCat67 wrote:

thank you!
Haha, no problem - but this is quite an old thread. Even if the answer helped you, it's recommended that you don't post on old, resolved topics, as it bumps them back to the front page of the forum and clutters things up a bit.

I'll request for this to be closed as resolved.