Discuss Scratch

jokeaccount
Scratcher
99 posts

Would this insult break the rules?

LionHeart70 wrote:

PintOfMilk wrote:

LionHeart70 wrote:

I kinda know what that means? (I remember hearing it's a disease of some sort just fyi.. don't look it up)
I'd say just stick to “waffle”.
don't search it up on google images
I've heard the results are disturbing. Like.. really disturbing.

nah it's fine, go ahead look it up and make sure safesearch is off

Last edited by jokeaccount (Nov. 9, 2017 22:30:06)

LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jokeaccount wrote:

LionHeart70 wrote:

PintOfMilk wrote:

LionHeart70 wrote:

I kinda know what that means? (I remember hearing it's a disease of some sort just fyi.. don't look it up)

I don't think you should be telling people to turn Safesearch off..

lh70 / nora/tobi / she-they pronouns / pansexual-demisexual / 14 / sagittarius / furry / artist / intp / stop-motion films / lbp / fall out boy / panic! at the disco / twenty one pilots / stranger things / a series of unfortunate events
“When you have a bad day, a really bad day, try and treat the world better than it treated you.” -Patrick Stump
“Music seems to hold everything together. It seems to make things not so chaotic sometimes. It seems to make things make more sense sometimes.” -Tyler Joseph
“You'll fear your fears forever if you never do things you're afraid of.” -Josh Dun
“I'm still figuring out who I am, but I know I'm not who I was.” -Brendon Urie
I-Iz-A-Litten
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LionHeart70 wrote:

jokeaccount wrote:

LionHeart70 wrote:

PintOfMilk wrote:

LionHeart70 wrote:

Keep SafeSearch on, PLEASE

under penalty of law this signature is not to be removed except by the consumer
DaEpikDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

</offtopic>

And all the world over, each nation's the same,
They've simply no notion of playing the game.
They argue with umpires, they cheer when they've won,
And they practice beforehand, which ruins the fun!
Digital_Gaming
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LionHeart70 wrote:

PintOfMilk wrote:

LionHeart70 wrote:

Looked it up. Its just waffles.

If you want to join the most creative studio on Scratch than ask to join Scratch Underground If you want to join Scratches Premium studio than ask to join Scratch Deluxe I hope you ask to join one of those and have a nice day. Check out my Official fan club!Click here if you want to check out my amazing projects DIGITAL GAMING SCRATCH AWARDS 2017
CHECK OUT THE OFFCIAL TOPICS FOR FORZA, HALO , CALL OF DUTY, BATTLEFEILD 1,THE CREW,DESTINY, RESIDENT EVIL,SONIC BOOM, PIXAR AND SUPER MARIO RUN
SCRATCH SUPERGUIDE
OFFICIAL TOPIC FOR TALKING ABOUT SHIPS
Digital_Gaming
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I-Iz-A-Litten wrote:

LionHeart70 wrote:

jokeaccount wrote:

LionHeart70 wrote:

PintOfMilk wrote:

LionHeart70 wrote:

Keep SafeSearch on, PLEASE
It doesn't really matter

If you want to join the most creative studio on Scratch than ask to join Scratch Underground If you want to join Scratches Premium studio than ask to join Scratch Deluxe I hope you ask to join one of those and have a nice day. Check out my Official fan club!Click here if you want to check out my amazing projects DIGITAL GAMING SCRATCH AWARDS 2017
CHECK OUT THE OFFCIAL TOPICS FOR FORZA, HALO , CALL OF DUTY, BATTLEFEILD 1,THE CREW,DESTINY, RESIDENT EVIL,SONIC BOOM, PIXAR AND SUPER MARIO RUN
SCRATCH SUPERGUIDE
OFFICIAL TOPIC FOR TALKING ABOUT SHIPS
Wahsp
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I think it's fine
I've heard it being joked about at school, but as long as the way you mean it is clear I don't think it would be misinterpreted

​I am Wahsp

Formerly pretty active on the forums, probably mostly retired now…
If you see one of my posts send me a hello!

No, it should be fine.

There are so many completely innocent words that have “disgusting internet trends” or alternate meanings that are inappropriate, but the use of these terms in everyday life isn't considered inappropriate.

Check out Life Raft Survival, my new advanced sandbox survival game with crafting, building, transportation, weather events, tropical storms, and more!

In the game you're stranded at sea after a mysterious crash and must survive in an unforgiving tropical island environment collecting resources and crafting, in an attempt to finally be rescued.

I-Iz-A-Litten
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Cub56 wrote:

No, it should be fine.

There are so many completely innocent words that have “disgusting internet trends” or alternate meanings that are inappropriate, but the use of these terms in everyday life isn't considered inappropriate.

yeah, the internet can be weird

under penalty of law this signature is not to be removed except by the consumer
YubNubEwok
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I've heard of part of it being very inappropriate, but that was the Urban Dictionary. I'm sure it would be fine to use, a younger user shouldn't suspect anything wrong with it.

Hello! I'mYubNubEwok!
YubNubEwok | Star Wars Nerd | Marvel Fan | Hunger Games Fan | #1 Wisconsin cheese Fan | Female | Christian | Webkinz user/collector | 2000+ posts | Philippians 4:13, Colossians 3:23 |
-Stuff to check out-
TheJediMasters
Ⓒⓡⓔⓐⓣⓘⓥⓔ Bᴜᴍᴘs
Right now I challenge you to: go to my profile, follow me, and check out my featured project (it's important!)

;
LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

YubNubEwok wrote:

I've heard of part of it being very inappropriate, but that was the Urban Dictionary. I'm sure it would be fine to use, a younger user shouldn't suspect anything wrong with it.
Yep. As said earlier, Urban Dictionary is mostly just teenagers who define things as inappropriately as possible.

lh70 / nora/tobi / she-they pronouns / pansexual-demisexual / 14 / sagittarius / furry / artist / intp / stop-motion films / lbp / fall out boy / panic! at the disco / twenty one pilots / stranger things / a series of unfortunate events
“When you have a bad day, a really bad day, try and treat the world better than it treated you.” -Patrick Stump
“Music seems to hold everything together. It seems to make things not so chaotic sometimes. It seems to make things make more sense sometimes.” -Tyler Joseph
“You'll fear your fears forever if you never do things you're afraid of.” -Josh Dun
YubNubEwok
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LionHeart70 wrote:

YubNubEwok wrote:

Yep. As said earlier, Urban Dictionary is mostly just teenagers who define things as inappropriately as possible.
Yeah, I searched a word and the Urban Dictionary says something really bad about it and the definition has a bad word in it. Never trust/use Urban Dictionary.

Hello! I'mYubNubEwok!
YubNubEwok | Star Wars Nerd | Marvel Fan | Hunger Games Fan | #1 Wisconsin cheese Fan | Female | Christian | Webkinz user/collector | 2000+ posts | Philippians 4:13, Colossians 3:23 |
-Stuff to check out-
TheJediMasters
Ⓒⓡⓔⓐⓣⓘⓥⓔ Bᴜᴍᴘs
Right now I challenge you to: go to my profile, follow me, and check out my featured project (it's important!)

;
Florafeather
Scratcher
50 posts

I searched it up, just to see what we're up against, and personally, I didn't find anything that was terribly awful. There was no disease that came up for me, and I honestly don't think that people will dig too far into the terminology of waffle head. I'd say that it's fine. There was the fake disease of the ‘blue waffle’ that everybody was really freaked out by, but if somebody got that out of your OC saying ‘wafflehead’ then they're definitely overthinking things, and they are the ones at fault.

A friendly member of Scratch since 2012, I am a senior member of the artistry and writing communities on Scratch and Wattpad.
PrincessPanda_test_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

According to Snopes, waffle is sometimes a slang term for something NSFW. But that shouldn't matter.

LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

YubNubEwok wrote:

LionHeart70 wrote:

YubNubEwok wrote:

Yeah, I searched a word and the Urban Dictionary says something really bad about it and the definition has a bad word in it. Never trust/use Urban Dictionary.
Yep. The Urban Dictionary is pretty much just a joke dictionary.

YubNubEwok
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LionHeart70 wrote:

YubNubEwok wrote:

LionHeart70 wrote:

YubNubEwok wrote:

Yep. The Urban Dictionary is pretty much just a joke dictionary.
Yeah, it's kind of like the, “I'm a dictionary with inaccurate definitions so don't use me if you want to do good in school”. Aka-Iadwidsdumiywtdgis

Hello! I'mYubNubEwok!
-Stuff to check out-
TheJediMasters
Ⓒⓡⓔⓐⓣⓘⓥⓔ Bᴜᴍᴘs

;
M1mikyu
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PrincessPanda_test_ wrote:

According to Snopes, waffle is sometimes a slang term for something NSFW. But that shouldn't matter.
I know I made this awhile ago, but yeah, I knew that….

So it is okay?

Behold, Luna's Mimikyu army!! It got killed for a moment by an evil Lord Dome, but Lord Helix brought them back!!

PrincessPandaLover
Scratcher
1000+ posts

M1mikyu wrote:

So it is okay?
If you use it with an appropriate meaning, then it's okay.
M1mikyu
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PrincessPandaLover wrote:

M1mikyu wrote:

So it is okay?
So, it’s an insult, is that okay?

Behold, Luna's Mimikyu army!! It got killed for a moment by an evil Lord Dome, but Lord Helix brought them back!!

PrincessPanda_test_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

M1mikyu wrote:

PrincessPandaLover wrote:

M1mikyu wrote:

So it is okay?
So, it’s an insult, is that okay?
Yeah, I don't see how it would be harmful.