Discuss Scratch

_The_Artist_
Scratcher
17 posts

Are Chains Allowed?

I received a chain, and I passed it on, and one person I sent it to said there are not allowed..

Hi, I'm __The_Artist_! |Female| Straight | Artist | Shojo manga | Warriors | Aries | Come say hi if you want!

muellly
Scratcher
500+ posts

Are Chains Allowed?

They get kind of spamy, and there is usually something threatening at the end of one about what will happen if you don't do it. You should not continue chains.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
I would greatly appreciate if you were to check of this game I spent months that includes plot and bosses here https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/97452006/ ………………………………………Want a detailed review or idea?

I'm a major fan of Pokemon, Undertale and the Pija and Toast series.
marigoldkit
New to Scratch
98 posts

Are Chains Allowed?

no theyre spam. no need to pass them on, literally nothing ever happens if you dont
Nadalia
Scratcher
84 posts

Are Chains Allowed?

If they are nice, I like to do them. Like I have sent on a few that said something like “You are the nicest person I know, blah blah blah, send this to ten people you think are nice.”
cheddargirl
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

Are Chains Allowed?

No, not allowed. Those are considered spam, and you should flag the chain if you come across one.

Sadly, my forum signature was eaten by an evil kumquat.
Nadalia
Scratcher
84 posts

Are Chains Allowed?

DaEpikDude
Scratcher
500+ posts

Are Chains Allowed?

Nadalia wrote:

Even really nice ones?
yes

//There are 2 types of people in the world:
if () {
if ()
{ ...
Unless you use Python.
Like Metroid? Discuss it here, unless you're not authorized to. hooray advertising
;
PrincessTS
Scratcher
100+ posts

Are Chains Allowed?

Yep, all the chain messages are considered spam, even the “tag a quality scratcher” one, see some info at https://wiki.scratch.mit.edu/wiki/Spam

Click now- Escape My Mind OPEN MAP!
I'm PrincessTS, an expert in BBCode, Art and animations. I'm not so good at coding though. Click on everything in my siggy! (but you know, you won't get far.) (

-Galaxydust-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Are Chains Allowed?

Chain messages are considered spam. Nice ones aren't that bad though, but they are still spammy and annoying.

Happy Halloween to those who don't have to study for exams happening the next day!!
LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Are Chains Allowed?

Chain messages are not allowed. They are literally spam, and can actually scare some people if it's something like “Pass this on right now or you'll find your crush on your floor dead tomorrow”, or “If you don't pass this on, you will die today”. Actually, don't those sound like blackmailing someone else to death-threat another person? I mean, obviously it's fake, but still really creepy.

sometimes i secretly wonder if the reason my luck has mostly gone down the drain is because i never forwarded chain messages.. eh probably not

Even if it's something nice, no. If you want to say something nice to your friend, think of something else instead of just a cut-and-paste chain letter that encourages spam.

She/They | 12 | Pansexual | Artist/Animator | ShadowClan | Warriors, TØP, Eddsworld, and P!ATD enthusiast
Hey there! I'm LionHeart70! I'm all what says above, as well as a cat owner, forum helper, wiki editor, and Sagittarius. I've also been on for 2 years. In my spare time I enjoy listening to music, drawing, and playing video games.