Discuss Scratch

• Discussion Forums
  • » Requests
  • » ♡ Cᴀᴛ's Fɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ Sʜᴏᴘ ♡ Fᴏʀ Aʟʟ Yᴏᴜʀ Bᴏᴏᴋᴡʀɪᴛɪɴɢ Nᴇᴇᴅs ♡ Nᴏᴡ Hɪʀɪɴɢ ♡ [RSS Feed]
PastelEmerald
Scratcher
80 posts

♡ Cᴀᴛ's Fɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ Sʜᴏᴘ ♡ Fᴏʀ Aʟʟ Yᴏᴜʀ Bᴏᴏᴋᴡʀɪᴛɪɴɢ Nᴇᴇᴅs ♡ Nᴏᴡ Hɪʀɪɴɢ ♡

I still haven't received my order, but I'd like to give some constructive criticism about the way it's been handled.

First off, as an artist, I found myself unable to do the illustration myself and therefore ordered it from this request shop. I was aware of how long it might take and gave a fair deadline. I found that instead of taking the order and beginning work on it to fit the deadline, the time was spent fussing over who would actually do the order, and as the days passed I was not given a clear idea of who would be doing my order.

Finally it was taken, however, work on it only started after the deadline to have it finished, which is never a good thing. I was not pleased with this, as it isn't very often I'd miss a request deadline, and I certainly wouldn't allow anyone working for me to fuss over who would do the work. I would intervene and choose one of them to do it, and they would at least get a warning if they continued to make a fuss. I was told by the artist who took it that it was a difficult order - which I didn't think so but we all have different skills - and then that was the last I heard.

I asked for an update, and didn't get a reply, and was then informed that the person was not replying to messages from the owner. If the artist couldn't do the order, I would've expected a message telling me so, not to be blanked.

chipper35
Scratcher
7 posts

How can I see some examples of this shop's work??
python_megapixel
Scratcher
500+ posts

Illustrations
Username: python_megapixel
Description: It's an “angel and devil” type situation where there is a large button on a table and a boy standing there who looks torn as to whether they should press it or not. I don't really mind how his indesicion is portrayed - maybe a drawing of an angel and a devil, both persuading him to do different things?
Size: W:600px H:300px
Due Date: As soon as you can
Other: Nothing

pythonmegapixel he/him or they/them
I have nothing else to put here for now
XCat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PastelEmerald wrote:

I still haven't received my order, but I'd like to give some constructive criticism about the way it's been handled.

First off, as an artist, I found myself unable to do the illustration myself and therefore ordered it from this request shop. I was aware of how long it might take and gave a fair deadline. I found that instead of taking the order and beginning work on it to fit the deadline, the time was spent fussing over who would actually do the order, and as the days passed I was not given a clear idea of who would be doing my order.

Finally it was taken, however, work on it only started after the deadline to have it finished, which is never a good thing. I was not pleased with this, as it isn't very often I'd miss a request deadline, and I certainly wouldn't allow anyone working for me to fuss over who would do the work. I would intervene and choose one of them to do it, and they would at least get a warning if they continued to make a fuss. I was told by the artist who took it that it was a difficult order - which I didn't think so but we all have different skills - and then that was the last I heard.

I asked for an update, and didn't get a reply, and was then informed that the person was not replying to messages from the owner. If the artist couldn't do the order, I would've expected a message telling me so, not to be blanked.
Apologies. We are a new shop and some of our members don't seem to be dedicated to the shop. I would have resolved it, except they stopped responding to comments or even going on Scratch, so I was unable to resolve it. Wisteria_Girl informed me she had made progress, but then became inactive.

I believe I did reply Either way, I believe perhaps the artists at this shop aren't quite up to scratch. If you want, I will take your order. Would you like anything else as compensation?

XCat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

python_megapixel wrote:

Illustrations
Username: python_megapixel
Description: It's an “angel and devil” type situation where there is a large button on a table and a boy standing there who looks torn as to whether they should press it or not. I don't really mind how his indesicion is portrayed - maybe a drawing of an angel and a devil, both persuading him to do different things?
Size: W:600px H:300px
Due Date: As soon as you can
Other: Nothing
Taken! (Our Illustrations workers are inactive.)

chipper35
Scratcher
7 posts

chipper35 wrote:

Yeah, like………this is me asking again. ??
XCat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

chipper35 wrote:

chipper35 wrote:

Yeah, like………this is me asking again. ??
I'll add some examples once we have some examples

Last edited by XCat (April 10, 2018 06:25:43)

XCat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump!

XCat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump!

XCat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump!

python_megapixel
Scratcher
500+ posts

Please update your SPA order count
As part of an update to the SPA representative system, all member shops are required to declare their current order count as soon as possible. To do this, please go to this post and follow the instructions.

pythonmegapixel he/him or they/them
I have nothing else to put here for now
--KittyPlatformers--
New to Scratch
1 post

PastelEmerald wrote:

Username: PastelEmerald
Description: A brunette young girl (as in 7 ish) with wolf ears sitting near a lake with a brown-haired woman sitting next to her.
Size: Um… The size of the screen on a scratch project, please.
Due Date: 18th of March at latest, please.
Other: Nope!
Your order has been completed! I have shared the project on my side account, @–KittyPlatformers– and it can be found here.
  • Discussion Forums
  • » Requests
  • » ♡ Cᴀᴛ's Fɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ Sʜᴏᴘ ♡ Fᴏʀ Aʟʟ Yᴏᴜʀ Bᴏᴏᴋᴡʀɪᴛɪɴɢ Nᴇᴇᴅs ♡ Nᴏᴡ Hɪʀɪɴɢ ♡ [RSS Feed]