Discuss Scratch

NitroCipher
Scratcher
100+ posts

Creating extensions for Scratch 3.0

discoverypark wrote:

How about if you could make your own extensions? (in scratch 3.0)

You will have to look at the existing extensions and try to decipher them. Posts on this topic may help you in your journey. You might want to look at @JGames101's posts here

I hope my post helped you in some way! Post count: 400+

Current project: [s3Blocks: scratchblocks rewritten for Scratch 3.0] ::extension //https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/290031/
This is my signature identifier “aWFtbml0cm9jaXBoZXI=”
Shiul93
New to Scratch
1 post

Creating extensions for Scratch 3.0

Hello!

I'm currently working on porting a ScratchX extension to Scratch 3 and I'm having some issues.
This extension uses websockets to connect to an smartphone running an app, but I don't know how to import the websocket library in the extension, I keep getting “object not clonable” errors.
Did anyone here implement websockets on a Scratch3 extension succesfully?
lucianocefet
New to Scratch
3 posts

Creating extensions for Scratch 3.0

Obrigado pelo post, me ajudou bastante
E realmente fica mais fácil de entender, estou eletrizado, rsrsrs
NitroCipher
Scratcher
100+ posts

Creating extensions for Scratch 3.0

lucianocefet wrote:

Thanks for the post, it helped me a lot
And it really gets easier to understand, I'm electrified, lol
warning, google translated, may not be entirely accurate

You're welcome! Do you have any questions?

I hope my post helped you in some way! Post count: 400+

Current project: [s3Blocks: scratchblocks rewritten for Scratch 3.0] ::extension //https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/290031/
This is my signature identifier “aWFtbml0cm9jaXBoZXI=”
NitroCipher
Scratcher
100+ posts

Creating extensions for Scratch 3.0

JGames101 wrote:

I have managed to port one of my extension to Scratch 3 (the blocks don't completely work yet, but I'm working on that, but they do load)

I followed the instructions to download the latest version of the scratch gui to work on it. I then copied the example extension, and rewrote my notifications extension in that format. Then, I uploaded it to github. I found the file that controls the list of extensions in the extensions button, and added mine. I set the URL to my github file, and it loaded in, and as you can see, the blocks appeared.

Official instructions for developing Scratch 3 extensions will be coming sometime between now and August (Scratch 3 release), according to The FAQ.

Update: I have everything working, except asking for notification permission. For some reason, that doesn't work.
Code can be found at https://github.com/JGames101/scratch-extensions/blob/master/notifications/3.js

To test your extension, add it to the index.js file located here: https://github.com/LLK/scratch-gui/tree/develop/src/lib/libraries/extensions
You can use actual URLs.
Then, if you open the page, you should see an extra Extension under the extensions popup thing. Clicking it will add your extension to the project, and you can test it.

So… testing your extensions currently requires downloading the source for scratch 3's GUI. No parts, like the VM or Renderer, are needed to be changed to test extensions, despite where default scratch extensions are stored (I went through the process of forking the VM for nothing…)

I will be making some simple demo extensions, that you'll be able to see below, and then I'll publish a fork of Scratch-GUI with some sample extensions.

I was trying to modify the pen extension and I added my own custom url, but when I try to pull up the page (nitrocipher.github.io/scratch-gui/develop) it does seem to recognize the changes I made to index.js

I know you got this to work, so i am wondering if i just somehow missed a step or something

I hope my post helped you in some way! Post count: 400+

Current project: [s3Blocks: scratchblocks rewritten for Scratch 3.0] ::extension //https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/290031/
This is my signature identifier “aWFtbml0cm9jaXBoZXI=”
JGames101
Scratcher
100+ posts

Creating extensions for Scratch 3.0

NitroCipher wrote:

JGames101 wrote:

I have managed to port one of my extension to Scratch 3 (the blocks don't completely work yet, but I'm working on that, but they do load)

I followed the instructions to download the latest version of the scratch gui to work on it. I then copied the example extension, and rewrote my notifications extension in that format. Then, I uploaded it to github. I found the file that controls the list of extensions in the extensions button, and added mine. I set the URL to my github file, and it loaded in, and as you can see, the blocks appeared.

Official instructions for developing Scratch 3 extensions will be coming sometime between now and August (Scratch 3 release), according to The FAQ.

Update: I have everything working, except asking for notification permission. For some reason, that doesn't work.
Code can be found at https://github.com/JGames101/scratch-extensions/blob/master/notifications/3.js

To test your extension, add it to the index.js file located here: https://github.com/LLK/scratch-gui/tree/develop/src/lib/libraries/extensions
You can use actual URLs.
Then, if you open the page, you should see an extra Extension under the extensions popup thing. Clicking it will add your extension to the project, and you can test it.

So… testing your extensions currently requires downloading the source for scratch 3's GUI. No parts, like the VM or Renderer, are needed to be changed to test extensions, despite where default scratch extensions are stored (I went through the process of forking the VM for nothing…)

I will be making some simple demo extensions, that you'll be able to see below, and then I'll publish a fork of Scratch-GUI with some sample extensions.

I was trying to modify the pen extension and I added my own custom url, but when I try to pull up the page (nitrocipher.github.io/scratch-gui/develop) it does seem to recognize the changes I made to index.js

I know you got this to work, so i am wondering if i just somehow missed a step or something
The URL you used is not the file, but the GitHub page listing the file. Rather than using the URL https://github.com/NitroCipher/scratch-gui/blob/develop/src/lib/libraries/extensions/pen2.js, use the URL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/NitroCipher/scratch-gui/develop/src/lib/libraries/extensions/pen2.js. That should hopefully fix it!


Hey! I like working with Scratch 3.

Scratch 3 Modding

My Website
AnimatorsParadise
Scratcher
68 posts

Creating extensions for Scratch 3.0

I've got an idea for one. This is a random block that I just got bored so gonna see if it draws a block. {
opcode: ‘example-noop’,
blockType: Scratch.BlockType.COMMAND,
blockAllThreads: false,
text: ‘Supercalifragilistexpialadocious’,
func: ‘noop’
},
derpyd1amonds
Scratcher
13 posts

Creating extensions for Scratch 3.0

Hi ap!
FlinxtheCat
Scratcher
100+ posts

Creating extensions for Scratch 3.0

discoverypark wrote:

How about if you could make your own extensions? (in scratch 3.0)


Yay that would be cool,but it will cost a lot of work to do for them.

My Scartch Profile
ScratchDiogoh
Scratcher
100+ posts

Creating extensions for Scratch 3.0

Hello!
Pen :: pen
MIDI :: sound
Video Sensing :: sensing
They are extensions on Scartch 3.0

Last edited by ScratchDiogoh (April 25, 2018 09:34:09)




ScratchDiogoh
ScratchDiogoh
Scratcher
100+ posts

Creating extensions for Scratch 3.0

ScratchX is
The Scratch Team in 3.0 beta put the extensions of ScratchX



ScratchDiogoh
JGames101
Scratcher
100+ posts

Creating extensions for Scratch 3.0

FlinxtheCat wrote:

discoverypark wrote:

How about if you could make your own extensions? (in scratch 3.0)


Yay that would be cool,but it will cost a lot of work to do for them.

My Scartch Profile
JavaScript can be run from extensions, so it is a possibility… it depends on where the code is run, and how open the system is. I'll look into it.


Hey! I like working with Scratch 3.

Scratch 3 Modding

My Website
NitroCipher
Scratcher
100+ posts

Creating extensions for Scratch 3.0

JGames101 wrote:

FlinxtheCat wrote:

discoverypark wrote:

How about if you could make your own extensions? (in scratch 3.0)


Yay that would be cool,but it will cost a lot of work to do for them.

My Scartch Profile
JavaScript can be run from extensions, so it is a possibility… it depends on where the code is run, and how open the system is. I'll look into it.

It would be a pain in the butt, but it might be possible for us to write a ScratchX to Ex3.0 conversion script.

I hope my post helped you in some way! Post count: 400+

Current project: [s3Blocks: scratchblocks rewritten for Scratch 3.0] ::extension //https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/290031/
This is my signature identifier “aWFtbml0cm9jaXBoZXI=”
ScratchDiogoh
Scratcher
100+ posts

Creating extensions for Scratch 3.0

Hello!
When Lego [ We Do 2.0 v] is on :: extension hat
<Lego[We Do 2.0 v]:: extension>
turn cw () degrees :: extension

turn motor power to (200) :: extension
(motor power :: extension )
... :: extension




ScratchDiogoh
NitroCipher
Scratcher
100+ posts

Creating extensions for Scratch 3.0

ScratchDiogoh wrote:

Hello!
When Lego [ We Do 2.0 v] is on :: extension hat
<Lego[We Do 2.0 v]:: extension>
turn cw () degrees :: extension

turn motor power to (200) :: extension
(motor power :: extension )
... :: extension


The Scratch Team is working on implementing the Lego WeDo along with Mindstorms EV3, and Lego Boost. This is a topic discussing the new 3.0 extension format, please do not blockspam

I hope my post helped you in some way! Post count: 400+

Current project: [s3Blocks: scratchblocks rewritten for Scratch 3.0] ::extension //https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/290031/
This is my signature identifier “aWFtbml0cm9jaXBoZXI=”
ScratchDiogoh
Scratcher
100+ posts

Creating extensions for Scratch 3.0

NitroCipher wrote:

ScratchDiogoh wrote:

Hello!
When Lego [ We Do 2.0 v] is on :: extension hat
<Lego[We Do 2.0 v]:: extension>
turn cw () degrees :: extension

turn motor power to (200) :: extension
(motor power :: extension )
... :: extension


The Scratch Team is working on implementing the Lego WeDo along with Mindstorms EV3, and Lego Boost. This is a topic discussing the new 3.0 extension format, please do not blockspam
Thank You NitroCipher by the infomation ☁



ScratchDiogoh

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile