Discuss Scratch

• Discussion Forums
  • » Requests
  • » ✨ﬡєvєrєndíng ᗪrєαms✨ ☄ ѧ dєtαíllєd ☽review☾ αnd ☽idea☾ shσp ★ σwnєd вч ⓂⓊⒺⓁⓁⓁⓎ✨ [RSS Feed]
muellly
Scratcher
1000+ posts

✨ﬡєvєrєndíng ᗪrєαms✨ ☄ ѧ dєtαíllєd ☽review☾ αnd ☽idea☾ shσp ★ σwnєd вч ⓂⓊⒺⓁⓁⓁⓎ✨

Unlock the Phone
Code: There are a lot of glitches in the system. It is easy to make the project very difficult or impossible. First of all if someone types any letters the project becomes unwinable. You should make it check the correct password, and ask again for a password if there are any symbols or letters in it. There is also a problem in how the project checks the password. It waits ten seconds making it take a long time to check if you only type a few numbers, and making it insanely difficult if you type in many. Instead it should wait for the length of the password typed to be the same length of the correct password, so it would check just as you finished typing in the password.

Art: The art is very plain. It is okay for the lock screens however the unlock screen clashes. The high saturation, and pastel colors do not go well together. First of all you should make the border black, as it makes no sense that the phone case changes to pink when you unlock it. Also I suggest that you make icons in high saturation colors for all of the apps. You should also make the background behind the phone more detailed.

Location: The location adds much mystery to the project. Why in the world are you trying to unlock your phone in the ocean? Are you stranded in the middle of it, and need to call for help? Did a boat leave you behind, and you need to call the captain to pick you up? Are you a mermaid using your phone underwater? Are you just using your phone while swimming in the ocean? I will never know. Looking into your project I see that it is actually suppost to be a blue sky. How is that so? Are you falling to your doom? Parashooting? The phone is floating? Are you invisible? Also why is it the third sky? What happened to the other two skys? I think this project is taking place in an alternate dimension. The third alternate dimension.

Gameplay: It is kind of boring. You type in some numbers, you click buttons matching what you just typed, and that's really it. I can see someone playing this around 3 times before they get bored. It is also frustrating to see the project made impossible due to thinking you are allowed to type in letters, and the project not giving you enough time to type in a really long password.

What I would like to see: I would like to see different modes. Maybe there could be modes where you have to type the correct password in 20, 10 and 5 seconds. You could either enter a costume password or generate a random password. I would also like to see animations for getting the right, and wrong. Maybe a X could flash on the screen while the text rumbles for a moment for getting it wrong. For getting it right there could be a congratulations coming up with a crown behind it, and some fireworks going off before switching to the home page. You should also add in some music.

Overall: The project feels very basic. You can do very little in it. The project really seems to be bare minimum for unlocking a phone except there are app tittles of the unlock screen, and colors. The project only lasts for about 12 seconds, 7 of those being padding. I give this project a 3/10 for how bland it is, and there only being one small thing to do.

There is your review Coder_Annika, I hope it helps you improve your project.

I would greatly appreciate if you were to check of this game I spent months that includes plot and bosses here https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/97452006/ ………………………………………Want a detailed review or idea?

I'm a major fan of Pokemon, Undertale and the Pija and Toast series.
I am doing a shiny scramble of pokemon Pearl. I'm 7 chapters in and on my way to the 2nd gym.
Coder_Annika
Scratcher
1000+ posts

muellly wrote:

Unlock the Phone
Code: There are a lot of glitches in the system. It is easy to make the project very difficult or impossible. First of all if someone types any letters the project becomes unwinable. You should make it check the correct password, and ask again for a password if there are any symbols or letters in it. There is also a problem in how the project checks the password. It waits ten seconds making it take a long time to check if you only type a few numbers, and making it insanely difficult if you type in many. Instead it should wait for the length of the password typed to be the same length of the correct password, so it would check just as you finished typing in the password.

Art: The art is very plain. It is okay for the lock screens however the unlock screen clashes. The high saturation, and pastel colors do not go well together. First of all you should make the border black, as it makes no sense that the phone case changes to pink when you unlock it. Also I suggest that you make icons in high saturation colors for all of the apps. You should also make the background behind the phone more detailed.

Location: The location adds much mystery to the project. Why in the world are you trying to unlock your phone in the ocean? Are you stranded in the middle of it, and need to call for help? Did a boat leave you behind, and you need to call the captain to pick you up? Are you a mermaid using your phone underwater? Are you just using your phone while swimming in the ocean? I will never know. Looking into your project I see that it is actually suppost to be a blue sky. How is that so? Are you falling to your doom? Parashooting? The phone is floating? Are you invisible? Also why is it the third sky? What happened to the other two skys? I think this project is taking place in an alternate dimension. The third alternate dimension.

Gameplay: It is kind of boring. You type in some numbers, you click buttons matching what you just typed, and that's really it. I can see someone playing this around 3 times before they get bored. It is also frustrating to see the project made impossible due to thinking you are allowed to type in letters, and the project not giving you enough time to type in a really long password.

What I would like to see: I would like to see different modes. Maybe there could be modes where you have to type the correct password in 20, 10 and 5 seconds. You could either enter a costume password or generate a random password. I would also like to see animations for getting the right, and wrong. Maybe a X could flash on the screen while the text rumbles for a moment for getting it wrong. For getting it right there could be a congratulations coming up with a crown behind it, and some fireworks going off before switching to the home page. You should also add in some music.

Overall: The project feels very basic. You can do very little in it. The project really seems to be bare minimum for unlocking a phone except there are app tittles of the unlock screen, and colors. The project only lasts for about 12 seconds, 7 of those being padding. I give this project a 3/10 for how bland it is, and there only being one small thing to do.

There is your review Coder_Annika, I hope it helps you improve your project.
Thank you! I will change it up a bit to make it more interesting.

muellly
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump entry 21 : 2 more orders
Well I got 2 more orders, hooray! The first one was an idea. I spent the first night thinking about what the idea should be, then the next 2 days typing out the idea. I saw in their forum that they really liked dogs, so I tried to include dogs into the story. Anyway it was fun to write. The next order was a review. It was on a simple project in which I think I overanyaised the background. Anyway I was happy to do review. I was orgienally going to make this a shop only for reviews, however I thought that I should do ideas too since they are just text, how long can they take? Hours I tell you. Well to type it out. Ideas untyped out come to me at random times.

Anyway that's all for this bump entry, bump you next time.

I would greatly appreciate if you were to check of this game I spent months that includes plot and bosses here https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/97452006/ ………………………………………Want a detailed review or idea?

I am doing a shiny scramble of pokemon Pearl. I'm 7 chapters in and on my way to the 2nd gym.
muellly
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Just going to give this a little bump. In fact why don't I make this bump about bug testing. Okay so when you finish making a project you should always bug test it. If you don't I swear Murphy's law will fall upon you and there will be a glitch somewhere that makes finishing your project unobtainable. Trust me I've learned from experience. Before releasing a project I recommend going through the whole thing twice. Once to fix all of the bugs, and again to make sure all your fixes work when playing the project. I also recommend getting someone else to play test your project. This can be shortly after you share the project or before you share it. Since you made the project you know exactly what you should do, however the other person won't and they might do something that you never thought of doing, and run into a bug. After that your project should be bug free! Well unless of course there is this bug that shows up after some really obscure thing that one person playing your project does. Anyway that's enough for this bump.

Last edited by muellly (Oct. 24, 2017 00:53:55)

Exypno
Scratcher
100+ posts

I was looking through the forums and remembered that this shop existed, so I thought I could contribute something to it. In my opinion, “Neverending Dreams” deserves a score of 10/10, mainly because the owner of this shop does as they advertise while going above and beyond. All of the ideas and reviews I read here were really detailed, and I can sense that the writer really wanted to help people get better. Even the fact that this topic is bumped every day, not just with a simple “bump,” but an actual paragraph shows how dedicated muelly is, even if the shop doesn't get that many requests. I sincerely hope that this changes in the future because this shop is something I have never before seen on Scratch.

Something I want to do is collaborate with other people and improve my skills. Here are two of my unfinished games:
A turn-based Earthbound inspired RPG battle system and
a Zelda inspired “adventure game”.
I'm probably going through collaboration topics right now, aren't I?
muellly
Scratcher
1000+ posts

@Exypno Wow thanks. I'm glad someone likes my bumps. I just try my best to give others idea/ratings for their projects. I'm glad that others are happy about how much detail I put into reviews/ideas. Extremely detailed reviews were just something I wished I could order from other shops, so I made a shop that gives others detailed reviews, and I also did ideas since I have a lot of imagination. I'm glad to help others by doing what I do best, looking deeply into projects and creating story based ideas in hopes there will be more great stories on Scratch.

muellly
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump entry 22: Review annoyances part 3
Today I am going to talk about number only reviews. Only getting a number for something hardly helps you at all. Sure it may help people know whether the other person likes their project or not, however for the most part they don't help anything. This is why I keep my number part of the review at the very end. I want people to focus on the paragraphs I type about their project and not the number. I base the number off of how good I think the project is on the grand scheme of Scratch projects not on how well your project is off of the genre of project. This leads to me tending to give story based projects higher numbers. Because of this saying the score I gave your project without actually posting the review is about as informative as saying I gave you a review. So basically when you give others reviews please focus on saying stuff about the project instead of the number. Anyway that's all for this bump entry, bump you next time!

Also as a post bump note if there is anything you would like to see me bump about please let me know! I will gladly bump about it the next time I feel like bumping this thread.

-Darcy-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Link to Project: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/179620042/
Any sections you want me to review: Not really anything specific
Anything else: Thank you

Please call me Lanth or Lanthanum!
I'm Disabled and proud!!
muellly
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Darcy and Tecna Enchantix Speedpaint.
Animation:The animation of the speed paint(well the animation of it being drawn) is really smooth. I could (and have) remove the wait block in your coding and the animation is still smooth. I don't really have anything else to say here but it's smooth.

Art:Your art is pretty good. I like how much detail you put into the shape of the hair and I like their wings. I like how you tried shading with the hair in the back a darker color than the front, however you could make it better by shading the lower right sides of things or wherever the light should be on all parts of the art. You could use some work on the nose to make it more realistic than just a dotish shape. I do spot a few tiny mistakes in your art, Darcy's top lip doesn't line up completely with her bottom lip, on the left side of her head where all three hair parts combine after when you move her hair down there is a tiny part where you can see her skin, and Tecna has little red parts in the inner corners of her eyes when Darcy doesn't. I feel like this art style would really work for your projects.

Music:The first song I like. The second song I don't really like that much. Mostly because of the recurring sound that starts at around the 37.692 second mark. It makes the song sound like it is troubled which if you were going for that because of Darcy's past go for it, however if your aiming for a lighthearted mood I don't think this song is the best for it. I like how you tried to pick songs that reflected on Tecna and Darcy's powers.

Cloud: I feel a little sorry for the cloud in the top right corner. It must be so lonely up there. Unless of course it has off screen friends. But unforchanetly after checking I see this is not the case. Also be wary of the cloud right behind Tecna, I sense that it just got the sudden urge to rain on the next parade it sees.

Thumbnail:The thumbnail needs some work. I like how you tried to prevent people from just being able to see the finished piece however I feel that your thumbnail shows to little of your skill leading to people thinking the project is of lesser quality than it actually is. I suggest leaving Darcy's side the way it is and on tecna's side moving the lower head up and making the lower head the head in spirte2-coustme183 or something near that so people can see more of your work, and still leaving parts of your speed paint unseen.

Overall:This is a good speed paint. The animation of drawing is really smooth and the art is pretty good. Id's say this is one of the best Winx club speed paints on scratch(It's really the only one I've seen but still…). I give this project a 5/10 for being a smooth speed paint with pretty good unshaded art.

Here's your review -Darcy-!

-Darcy-
Scratcher
100+ posts

muellly wrote:

-Snip-

This review was fun to read I especially like the part about the clouds and thank you for the review and the nice things you said (Also you noticed the red parts in Tecna's eyes, yay!)

Please call me Lanth or Lanthanum!
I'm Disabled and proud!!
muellly
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-Darcy- wrote:

muellly wrote:

-Snip-

This review was fun to read I especially like the part about the clouds and thank you for the review and the nice things you said (Also you noticed the red parts in Tecna's eyes, yay!)
As a reviewer it was only my job to spot details such as the red in Tecna's eyes and try to guess what the background clouds lives are. Still why do I feel like I am forgetting somecloudy? Anyway I'm glad you enjoyed your review!

muellly
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Here is another bump to bring this shop back up to the first page of the requests forums. I'm not really sure what to bump about today so I guess this will just be a normal bump. What counts as a normal bump anyway? Is it just the letters bump because I wouldn't do that here. Anyway this is the end of a bump.

muellly
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump entry 23: Where I find songs from
You might wonder where I find songs for music requests. I usually either go off memory or skim songs in games I own with sound tests. The games I will usually recommend songs from are
  • Undertale - I have pretty much memorized all of the boss songs
  • Pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of sky - I will usually skim however I know the soundtrack somewhat well
  • Super Pokemon mystery dungeon - I will usually skim
  • The legendary starfy - I will probably skim
  • Mario and Luigi paper jam - I will sometimes skim
  • Kirby - I will suggest songs that I remember
  • Hey ice king Why'd you steal our garbage - I will suggest songs that I remember
  • Drawn to life the next chapter - I will suggest songs that I remember
Anyway that's all for this bump entry, bump you next time!

muellly
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump entry 24: Did another order
I did another order 2 days ago. Right now that would leave me at 6 orders completed! *cue item get music*. Anyway that project easy to review. The hardest part was investigating that cloud behind Tecna to learn it wanted to rain on someone's parade. Though really it was just me worrying whether I could write a review detailed enough for the speed paint and I'm glad that I could! Anyway that's all for this bump entry, bump you next time!

Whitetiger456
Scratcher
500+ posts

muellly
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Good morning world! It's time for another bump. Anyway the SSS started and I'm excited for the class on reviews will come out, so I can get even better at reviews! Besides you know what they say, it is good to get multiple reviews(okay maybe I'm the only one who said that…)! Still I think it's a good thing to get multiple opinions on a project so you get a better understanding on how most people will react to your project, and get more advice to make it better. This is Muellly, bumping off. (Get it, bumping instead of signing you know I probably shouldn't explain my own jokes.)

muellly
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Here is another bump. I guess I should give some project making advice so I'm going to do it based off a random wiki page. I pressed the random button and it is… okay I had to try 5 times but I came across credits. Credits is a very important part of project. They are the last impression someone is going to get of your game so make them count! I suggest doing some sort of AMV for the credits. First of all the song should be a good closing song. It should either say you did it(metaphorically, someone does not have to say you did it in the song) or reference a key song in your project. You also want to keep constant movement during the credits. While a single picture is okay for a few seconds doing so for to long will make the player bored. Also no matter what you do, do not stop the music. Music helps set the mood, and the mood will die the second the music stops. I suggest having a music box version of a song play forever in loop after the credits song is over. Anyway I personally feel that credits are an important part of a project and I will review credits if someone requests me to review one with them. And this looks like the end of the bump.

muellly
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Here is another bump for today. I have really no idea what to put here. Making bumps for a shop is sort of hard since a shop is something that gives other people things and there is only so much I can write for these bumps, unless I go into random fully fleshed ideas but those take a few hours to do… I know maybe I should write a tutorial on how to review something some bump. However I'm going to wait until the scratch shops tutorial comes out first, so I get an even better idea on how to review things. Still is it just me, or do I sense that both of our tutorials are going to have different views on reviewing, it's just a hunch based off of reviews I have seen off of other shops so far.

muellly
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump entry 25: Guide on reviewing
Hello there I just made a tutorial on how to review projects. You can find it here. My shop's reviewing style is paragraphical mixed. Anyway that's all for this bump entry, bump you next time!

pbro
Scratcher
100+ posts

I would like a review! (Ha, what else XD?)
Link to Project: (Put the link to the project here)https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/179673821/
Any sections you want me to review: (Any thing you want to make sure I put in the review tell me here.) Gameplay for righties (then again why would I care about righties, they ruin my life ! Like I mean even scissors hate me)
Anything else: (Anything else you want to tell me such as your project is in two parts or that you like cats?) I really don't mind, just I need some new idea to work on since I got things like grinding and menu animations stuff under control.

Want a fast review, idea, or a life saving in-game music suggestion? Well hey, check out this shop made by Muellly!

• Discussion Forums
  • » Requests
  • » ✨ﬡєvєrєndíng ᗪrєαms✨ ☄ ѧ dєtαíllєd ☽review☾ αnd ☽idea☾ shσp ★ σwnєd вч ⓂⓊⒺⓁⓁⓁⓎ✨ [RSS Feed]