Dabzers
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Random Facts about Random Video Games

nickeljorn wrote:

owlannaelsa wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

owlannaelsa wrote:

Happy Mask Salesman (From TLOZ) has a mask that resembles Mario.

Similar Easter Eggs:

-There is a shop in PKMN Sun/Moon with Mario overalls hanging on one wall
-There was no EarthBound stage in Super Smash Bros 64, so to unlock Ness, you battled him on Kirby's Dream Land (The one with the tree, not the 3DS version with the Game Boy) because Kirby and EarthBound are both by HAL Laboratory, which just so happens to be the developer for Smash Bros.

This isn't that related, but in the Hatsune Miku Project Diva Arcade video for Age Age Agein Miku winks a different eye at the very end than in Mirai DX.

The Happy Mask Salesman's backpack features various easter eggs:
Face shown on the Mirror Shield.
Face shown on Mayor Dotour's chair in its opposite emotion.
Possible reference to Elvis Presley.
Possible reference to Darth Maul.
Mario.
Possible reference to a luchador mask.
Possible reference to King Dedede.

(From ZeldaWiki)

There is an Amazing World Of Gumball episode where the cloud's mom (forgot her name) battles video game themed contestants. (The episode was called “The Fury”

Dabzers wrote:

Donkey Kong/Kirby: Universal Studios once tried to sue Nintendo for copyright infringement towards King Kong. An American lawyer pointed out that King Kong was already in the public domain from a court case that UNIVERSAL won. The lawyer was named John KIRBY. Nintendo won the case and rewarded Kirby with, well I think you know where I'm going with this

Not really, there's another theory Kirby was named after a vacuum cleaner company, which makes way more since because Kirby inhales enemies, he's not a lawyer.
What if Kirby sucked up a lawyer and gained all the powers of a lawyer? The lawyer was named John Kirby though. The cloud is named Masami I think. Also I fought that episode was more Anime and Magna inspired with the tournament section drawn in a similar style to the earlier Dragon Ball Magna. Several video characters did make cameos though not all of them were video game characters (one of these non-video game characters is Spike from Tom and Jerry)

Last edited by Dabzers (Sept. 26, 2017 23:51:42)

inactive

yay october
PecanPi314
Scratcher
1000+ posts

In Luigi's Mansion, if you confront King Boo before the end of the game, he will say “I'm not giving up my favorite decoration, I like Mario just where he is.” Which is a reference to Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi, where Jabba the Hutt says “I'm not giving up my favorite decoration, I like Captain Solo just where he is.”

in west philadelphia born and raised

PrincessPanda_test_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The longest video game title is in Japanese, but here's the English translation: Summertime High School: A Young Man's Notes—How a New Exchange Student Like Myself Ran Into His Childhood Friend on the School Tour, Then for Some Reason Became Super-Popular with the Girls for His Daily Scoops on the School Photography Club Even Though He Only Takes Panty Shots, and What He Thinks as He Goes on Dates During His Summer of Island School Life

It's Japan, people.

Last edited by PrincessPanda_test_ (Sept. 27, 2017 02:14:54)

Spycapt54
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Spycapt54 wrote:

Super Paper Mario was intended to have a GameCube port, but this was canceled and Super Paper Mario was a Wii exclusive. They could of at least had the decency to add GameCube controller support for the Wii version.
Also, Luigi's Mansion and Star Fox Adventures, two popular GameCube titles, began production on the N64 and Star Fox Adventures wasn't even a Star Fox game at first. Instead, the game began production as a new RareWare I.P. known as “Dinosaur Planet”.
A Sonic game based off of the “Sonic the Hedgehog” cartoon (often called SATAM by fans) was going to be made, but was cancled due to the pacing. Not only does that sound like a dumb reason the cancel a game, but SEGA literally did the same thing with Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric with team-based gameplay instead of playing as characters individually.
There is a Mario-themed Majong game for the DS, but it is Japan-exclusive.
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts is often thought to have started out as the implied game Banjo-Threeie, which was mentioned at the end of Banjo-Tooie.
Wow, I'm just full of pointless video game trivia.
Notice me please.
-legit
Scratcher
100+ posts

The wii was gonna be called the dolphin or something (maybe that was the n64)
The n64 was gonna be called Nintendo revolve (or maybe that was the wii…)
DaEpikDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-legit wrote:

The wii was gonna be called the dolphin or something (maybe that was the n64)
The n64 was gonna be called Nintendo revolve (or maybe that was the wii…)
actually, the gamecube was going to be called the “dolphin”

And all the world over, each nation's the same,
They've simply no notion of playing the game.
They argue with umpires, they cheer when they've won,
And they practice beforehand, which ruins the fun!
nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Dabzers wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

owlannaelsa wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

owlannaelsa wrote:

Happy Mask Salesman (From TLOZ) has a mask that resembles Mario.

Similar Easter Eggs:

-There is a shop in PKMN Sun/Moon with Mario overalls hanging on one wall
-There was no EarthBound stage in Super Smash Bros 64, so to unlock Ness, you battled him on Kirby's Dream Land (The one with the tree, not the 3DS version with the Game Boy) because Kirby and EarthBound are both by HAL Laboratory, which just so happens to be the developer for Smash Bros.

This isn't that related, but in the Hatsune Miku Project Diva Arcade video for Age Age Agein Miku winks a different eye at the very end than in Mirai DX.

The Happy Mask Salesman's backpack features various easter eggs:
Face shown on the Mirror Shield.
Face shown on Mayor Dotour's chair in its opposite emotion.
Possible reference to Elvis Presley.
Possible reference to Darth Maul.
Mario.
Possible reference to a luchador mask.
Possible reference to King Dedede.

(From ZeldaWiki)

There is an Amazing World Of Gumball episode where the cloud's mom (forgot her name) battles video game themed contestants. (The episode was called “The Fury”

Dabzers wrote:

Donkey Kong/Kirby: Universal Studios once tried to sue Nintendo for copyright infringement towards King Kong. An American lawyer pointed out that King Kong was already in the public domain from a court case that UNIVERSAL won. The lawyer was named John KIRBY. Nintendo won the case and rewarded Kirby with, well I think you know where I'm going with this

Not really, there's another theory Kirby was named after a vacuum cleaner company, which makes way more since because Kirby inhales enemies, he's not a lawyer.
What if Kirby sucked up a lawyer and gained all the powers of a lawyer? The lawyer was named John Kirby though. The cloud is named Masami I think. Also I fought that episode was more Anime and Magna inspired with the tournament section drawn in a similar style to the earlier Dragon Ball Magna. Several video characters did make cameos though not all of them were video game characters (one of these non-video game characters is Spike from Tom and Jerry)

I heard that Masami's mom fights Bowser.
Also, Kirby and Ness are voiced by the same person…in all four Smash games!

"Just what is the Summer Solstice, besides the day I melt into a puddle of fuzzy puppy fluff?”-Isabelle, Animal Crossing New Leaf
PecanPi314
Scratcher
1000+ posts

nickeljorn wrote:

I don't remember that in Gumball…

Anyway, we should probably discuss this in the TAWOG thread.

in west philadelphia born and raised

SonicMasterSystem
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ROBLOX is actually older than Minecraft, so all of those cringy videos saying that ROBLOX is a ripoff of Minecraft are invalid. (Plus RIP OT on Roblox.)

Dabzers
Scratcher
1000+ posts

nickeljorn wrote:

<snip>
Also, Kirby and Ness are voiced by the same person…in all four Smash games!
Yes she does I think was his “King Koopa” design

Last edited by Paddle2See (Sept. 27, 2017 23:20:27)

inactive

yay october
I-Iz-A-Litten
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PrincessPanda_test_ wrote:

The longest video game title is in Japanese, but here's the English translation: Summertime High School: A Young Man's Notes—How a New Exchange Student Like Myself Ran Into His Childhood Friend on the School Tour, Then for Some Reason Became Super-Popular with the Girls for His Daily Scoops on the School Photography Club Even Though He Only Takes Panty Shots, and What He Thinks as He Goes on Dates During His Summer of Island School Life

It's Japan, people.

Japan is weird, in a good way.

under penalty of law this signature is not to be removed except by the consumer
1a3c5e7g9i
Scratcher
100+ posts

MonkeyboyWyatt wrote:

DaEpikDude wrote:

metroid is the guy who has to beat the space jellyfish
and Zelda is the guy who has to save the princess
and luigi saves princess toadstool from king tatanga in super mario land

Wao how is that possible

Uh Squidward? Yes Spongebob? You might want to look at this… HOLY SHRIMP! If we don't act now, well, think about how many clams I'll have to cough up JUST to see an extra portion of nick.com… or worse, to see ALL of it in general! *** Reader! This is not a fictional sketch! It actually is, but that's not the point. Learn more at the link that Spongebob left at the first instance of “this”.
owlannaelsa
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MeIoetta wrote:

Cherryespeon122 wrote:

nihilego is a rock type.

everyone hates pokemon mystery dungeon gates to infinity because of its predecessor explorers.

green shiny pokemon usually dont look good according to the fanbase.
nihilego is a rock type because it's made out of a glass like substance
glass is made from sand
sand is a type of ground
ground and rocks are nearly the same type in pokemon
Sand is grinded-up rocks

IMPORTANT: do not stalk me. just because im active somewhere doesnt mean that you should stalk me to that place. please, its VERY annoying.
owlannaelsa
Scratcher
1000+ posts

1a3c5e7g9i wrote:

MonkeyboyWyatt wrote:

DaEpikDude wrote:

And the moon wants to send Skull Kid crashing down on Termina in Majora's Mask

IMPORTANT: do not stalk me. just because im active somewhere doesnt mean that you should stalk me to that place. please, its VERY annoying.
Dabzers
Scratcher
1000+ posts

owlannaelsa wrote:

1a3c5e7g9i wrote:

MonkeyboyWyatt wrote:

DaEpikDude wrote:

And the moon wants to send Skull Kid crashing down on Termina in Majora's Mask
And Mario is carrying around a Happy Mask Salesman Face Mask

inactive

yay october
I-Iz-A-Litten
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump

under penalty of law this signature is not to be removed except by the consumer
PrincessPanda_test_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SonicMasterSystem wrote:

ROBLOX is actually older than Minecraft, so all of those cringy videos saying that ROBLOX is a ripoff of Minecraft are invalid. (Plus RIP OT on Roblox.)
Yeah, I always knew that.

I don't see why people are comparing Roblox to Minecraft. They're actually really different.

Btw, Sonic was gonna have a human girlfriend, but it was scrapped because of possibly two reasons: A damsel in distress is already in use in the rivaling Mario series, and an animal-human romantic relationship is too weird for the Western youth.

Good thing they did that, because of what happened to Sonic '06…..

nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SonicMasterSystem wrote:

I don't see why people are comparing Roblox to Minecraft. They're actually really different.

Btw, Sonic was gonna have a human girlfriend, but it was scrapped because of possibly two reasons: A damsel in distress is already in use in the rivaling Mario series, and an animal-human romantic relationship is too weird for the Western youth.

I also dislike when people compare Pokemon and Yokai Watch. Yo-Kai has a traditional vibe and less control of the battles, but Pokemon is more strategic and has more modern elements.

"Just what is the Summer Solstice, besides the day I melt into a puddle of fuzzy puppy fluff?”-Isabelle, Animal Crossing New Leaf
Dabzers
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SonicMasterSystem wrote:

I actually was going to say that fact in my post about Heroic Eggman but didnt

inactive

yay october
LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

For anyone who plays any of the LBP (Little Big Planet) series;

-The narrator is actually voiced by Stephen Fry, and he has a cat named Susan who is constantly mentioned in tutorials.

-Zola is the most seldom seen creator in LBP1 since he only appears twice.

-In LBP1, The Collector disguises as a meerkat in the level “The Meerkat Kingdom”

-Some characters from LBP1 make cameos in the LBP2 level “Patients Are A Virtue”.

lh70 / nora/tobi / she-they pronouns / pansexual-demisexual / 14 / sagittarius / furry / artist / intp / stop-motion films / lbp / fall out boy / panic! at the disco / twenty one pilots / stranger things / a series of unfortunate events
“When you have a bad day, a really bad day, try and treat the world better than it treated you.” -Patrick Stump
“Music seems to hold everything together. It seems to make things not so chaotic sometimes. It seems to make things make more sense sometimes.” -Tyler Joseph
“You'll fear your fears forever if you never do things you're afraid of.” -Josh Dun
“I'm still figuring out who I am, but I know I'm not who I was.” -Brendon Urie