Discuss Scratch

LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Using multiple accounts to report projects

I have found out that if multiple users report something at a time, it'll be temporarily censored until it's reviewed by the ST. If the content is deemed appropriate, it'll be uncensored, but if it's inappropriate, it'll be removed. (At least I think that's the case, but not my main question.)
The question is, If someone uses multiple accounts just to censor a project, what will happen?
I already know what can happen if you use multiple accounts just to get to the top loved/top remixed section of the front page, and I want to know if a similar thing can happen to users who report a project multiple times on separate accounts just to censor the project that they're reporting.

lh70 / nora/tobi / she-they pronouns / pansexual-demisexual / 14 / sagittarius / furry / artist / intp / stop-motion films / lbp / fall out boy / panic! at the disco / twenty one pilots / stranger things / a series of unfortunate events
“When you have a bad day, a really bad day, try and treat the world better than it treated you.” -Patrick Stump
“Music seems to hold everything together. It seems to make things not so chaotic sometimes. It seems to make things make more sense sometimes.” -Tyler Joseph
“You'll fear your fears forever if you never do things you're afraid of.” -Josh Dun
“I'm still figuring out who I am, but I know I'm not who I was.” -Brendon Urie
WolfCat67
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Using multiple accounts to report projects

They'll probably be banned for it if necessary. After all, it's quite unfair. I can see an exception being made if said project is extremely inappropriate, but if it's just an NFE project or something similar, it probably be considered as unfair to the creator of the project as it wasn't supposed to be censored.

IsAnimeRealTem
Scratcher
35 posts

Using multiple accounts to report projects

I am sure that it will be gone once the ST finds out if it is inappropriate. Later on, the person who shared the inappropriate project will get an alert about it.

Last edited by IsAnimeRealTem (Sept. 7, 2017 00:23:14)

I-Iz-A-Litten
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Using multiple accounts to report projects

If they want to report the project because of disagreement, then they would probably get banned.

Other than that, I don't know

gravel
footsocktoe
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Using multiple accounts to report projects

LionHeart70 wrote:

I have found out that if multiple users report something at a time, it'll be temporarily censored until it's reviewed by the ST. If the content is deemed appropriate, it'll be uncensored, but if it's inappropriate, it'll be removed. (At least I think that's the case, but not my main question.)
The question is, If someone uses multiple accounts just to censor a project, what will happen?
I already know what can happen if you use multiple accounts just to get to the top loved/top remixed section of the front page, and I want to know if a similar thing can happen to users who report a project multiple times on separate accounts just to censor the project that they're reporting.


Violates a community guideline…

“Don’t try to ……………………………. trick the community.”


SHOOT THE SPACE MONSTERS! ….. A game everyone can play! Bright colors, bonky sounds!
THE 12 BALLS OF CRAZY AL ……. New scrolling adventure game!

LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Using multiple accounts to report projects

WolfCat67 wrote:

They'll probably be banned for it if necessary. After all, it's quite unfair. I can see an exception being made if said project is extremely inappropriate, but if it's just an NFE project or something similar, it probably be considered as unfair to the creator of the project as it wasn't supposed to be censored.
Good point. I don't think it really makes sense to report something more than once though.. even if it truly is inappropriate.

IsAnimeRealTem wrote:

I am sure that it will be gone once the ST finds out if it is inappropriate. Later on, the person who shared the inappropriate project will get an alert about it.
I'm asking what will happen to the user who reported the content multiple times, not the creator of the project.

I-Iz-A-Litten wrote:

If they want to report the project because of disagreement, then they would probably get banned.

Other than that, I don't know
I guess that makes sense. You can be banned for reporting something out of disagreement, and same for using multiple accounts to get top loved/remixed. So I don't see why you can't get banned for doing that.

footsocktoe wrote:

Violates a community guideline…

“Don’t try to ……………………………. trick the community.”
And this section of the Terms Of Use is similar;

The Terms Of Use wrote:

3.5 You agree not to use Scratch in any way intended to disrupt the service, gain unauthorized access to the service, or interfere with any other user's ability to use the service. Prohibited activities include, but are not limited to:


1: Posting content deliberately designed to crash the Scratch website or editor;
2: Linking to pages containing viruses or malware;
3: Using administrator passwords or pretending to be an administrator;
4: Repeatedly posting the same material, or “spamming”;
5: Using alternate accounts or organizing voting groups to manipulate site statistics, such as purposely trying to get on the “What the Community is Loving/Remixing” rows of the front page.

lh70 / nora/tobi / she-they pronouns / pansexual-demisexual / 14 / sagittarius / furry / artist / intp / stop-motion films / lbp / fall out boy / panic! at the disco / twenty one pilots / stranger things / a series of unfortunate events
“When you have a bad day, a really bad day, try and treat the world better than it treated you.” -Patrick Stump
“Music seems to hold everything together. It seems to make things not so chaotic sometimes. It seems to make things make more sense sometimes.” -Tyler Joseph
“You'll fear your fears forever if you never do things you're afraid of.” -Josh Dun
“I'm still figuring out who I am, but I know I'm not who I was.” -Brendon Urie
LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Using multiple accounts to report projects

Bump..? I don't know if this was answered yet..

lh70 / nora/tobi / she-they pronouns / pansexual-demisexual / 14 / sagittarius / furry / artist / intp / stop-motion films / lbp / fall out boy / panic! at the disco / twenty one pilots / stranger things / a series of unfortunate events
“When you have a bad day, a really bad day, try and treat the world better than it treated you.” -Patrick Stump
“Music seems to hold everything together. It seems to make things not so chaotic sometimes. It seems to make things make more sense sometimes.” -Tyler Joseph
“You'll fear your fears forever if you never do things you're afraid of.” -Josh Dun
“I'm still figuring out who I am, but I know I'm not who I was.” -Brendon Urie
Backwardpaw
Scratcher
2 posts

Using multiple accounts to report projects

I think if you are using multiple accounts, that's kinda pointless…
forever

repeat until (Moderators catch you)

endend
xd lol

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile