Discuss Scratch

Millie_S
Scratcher
79 posts

Scratch 3.0 stereo sound

Scratch 3.0 has a block to set the sound pan left/right effect. I created this script to experiment with it:
when gf clicked
Set [pan left/right v] effect to (-100)::sound
repeat (20)
play sound [pop v] until done
change [pan left/right v] effect by (10)::sound

R.I.P. my friend's water bottle
2016-2018
frances2005
Scratcher
500+ posts

Scratch 3.0 stereo sound

whats a sound pan? that sounds pretty cool.

★★★★★★★Welcome to Frances2005★★★★★★★★
No F4FSeason 2Proud owner of 100+ Beanie Boos700+ followers450+ Forum PostsOfficial Turtie HelperGame DeveloperSince 4/16/17
hello I don't go on here much anymore or at least for now..
credit to @SuperNautilus for stars,@SolarWind12 for colored text guide, and coolsymbol for symbols
ma15fo43
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0 stereo sound

frances2005 wrote:

I agree.

No longer active on Scratch, I build stuff with TypeScript and Kotlin nowadays. (#3 all-time poster in French forums)
frances2005
Scratcher
500+ posts

Scratch 3.0 stereo sound

ma15fo43 wrote:

frances2005 wrote:

I agree.

yea. what exactly is a sound pan?

No F4FSeason 2Proud owner of 100+ Beanie Boos700+ followers450+ Forum PostsOfficial Turtie HelperGame DeveloperSince 4/16/17
credit to @SuperNautilus for stars,@SolarWind12 for colored text guide, and coolsymbol for symbols
Jonathan50
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0 stereo sound

frances2005 wrote:

Most speaker sets have more than one speaker, this is so it feels like the sounds are coming from different directions. It's most effective when you have a pair of earphones or headphones (one goes in your left ear and one goes in your right ear) or a set of surround sound speakers. This stuff controls whether the sound plays more on the left side or the right side.

Not yet a Knight of the Mu Calculus.
frances2005
Scratcher
500+ posts

Scratch 3.0 stereo sound

Jonathan50 wrote:

frances2005 wrote:

Most speaker sets have more than one speaker, this is so it feels like the sounds are coming from different directions. It's most effective when you have a pair of earphones or headphones (one goes in your left ear and one goes in your right ear) or a set of surround sound speakers. This stuff controls whether the sound plays more on the left side or the right side.

woah. thanks! it is like surround sound? cool!

kirbyzaz
Scratcher
53 posts

Scratch 3.0 stereo sound

Jonathan50 wrote:

frances2005 wrote:

I have been trying to figure out what is the minimum to maximum value for these variables. Is there a link that shows variable limits for these blocks?

CatOverload
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3.0 stereo sound

kirbyzaz wrote:

Jonathan50 wrote:

frances2005 wrote:

I have been trying to figure out what is the minimum to maximum value for these variables. Is there a link that shows variable limits for these blocks?
-100 is total left pan while 100 is total right pan

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
- Albert Einstein
kirbyzaz
Scratcher
53 posts

Scratch 3.0 stereo sound

Alright, thanks!

hibob888
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3.0 stereo sound

frances2005 wrote:

ma15fo43 wrote:

frances2005 wrote:

I agree.

frances2005 wrote:

ma15fo43 wrote:

frances2005 wrote:

I agree.

frances2005 wrote:

Jonathan50 wrote:

frances2005 wrote:

woah. thanks! it is like surround sound? cool!
I think it is somthing that makes the sound come out of any side of your computer

scratch on