Discuss Scratch

LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Question about this?

Should I report users who decide to make offensive jokes about people with certain disabilities/disorders, ethnicities/nationalities/races, religions, gender identities, sexualities, etc.?
Essentially, what these are is something like “lol you have _____ so you're stupid”, or an actual joke about it.
I don't think these really should be allowed as they can seriously offend some people. As an example, I am American but I hear a lot of American stereotypes like “that means you're stupid and ignorant” when nothing could really be farther from the truth.
(Not that I saw any of these, but I want to know what I should do if I see them.)

If my formatting was confusing; Should I report someone who decides to make offensive or stereotypical jokes or remarks towards certain individuals?

lh70 / nora/tobi / she-they pronouns / pansexual-demisexual / 14 / sagittarius / furry / artist / intp / stop-motion films / lbp / fall out boy / panic! at the disco / twenty one pilots / stranger things / a series of unfortunate events
“When you have a bad day, a really bad day, try and treat the world better than it treated you.” -Patrick Stump
“Music seems to hold everything together. It seems to make things not so chaotic sometimes. It seems to make things make more sense sometimes.” -Tyler Joseph
“You'll fear your fears forever if you never do things you're afraid of.” -Josh Dun
“I'm still figuring out who I am, but I know I'm not who I was.” -Brendon Urie
powercon5
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Question about this?

Yes. You should really report anything that's offensive .



Witty signature.





LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Question about this?

powercon5 wrote:

Yes. You should really report anything that's offensive .
Okay. Thanks.

lh70 / nora/tobi / she-they pronouns / pansexual-demisexual / 14 / sagittarius / furry / artist / intp / stop-motion films / lbp / fall out boy / panic! at the disco / twenty one pilots / stranger things / a series of unfortunate events
“When you have a bad day, a really bad day, try and treat the world better than it treated you.” -Patrick Stump
“Music seems to hold everything together. It seems to make things not so chaotic sometimes. It seems to make things make more sense sometimes.” -Tyler Joseph
“You'll fear your fears forever if you never do things you're afraid of.” -Josh Dun
“I'm still figuring out who I am, but I know I'm not who I was.” -Brendon Urie
YubNubEwok
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Question about this?

Yes definitely report them, they are very offensive. I myself would be very offended if someone made a joke about type one diabetics, as for being one myself.

Hello! I'mYubNubEwok!
YubNubEwok | Star Wars Nerd | Marvel Fan | Hunger Games Fan | #1 Wisconsin cheese Fan | Female | Christian | Webkinz user/collector | 2000+ posts | Philippians 4:13, Colossians 3:23 |
-Stuff to check out-
TheJediMasters
Ⓒⓡⓔⓐⓣⓘⓥⓔ Bᴜᴍᴘs
Right now I challenge you to: go to my profile, follow me, and check out my featured project (it's important!)

;
LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Question about this?

YubNubEwok wrote:

Yes definitely report them, they are very offensive. I myself would be very offended if someone made a joke about type one diabetics, as for being one myself.
Indeed. I've heard of jokes about autism, which I despise since I actually have Asperger's Syndrome (a form of autism). I also technically have bipolar disorder, a form of depression, and I'm sick of having depression mocked off with the “i have crippling depression” meme. Neither of which are all that funny considering it can cause me to feel confused, paranoid, and often really insecure.
But thanks for telling me what I should do. I'll keep it in mind if I see anything like this.

lh70 / nora/tobi / she-they pronouns / pansexual-demisexual / 14 / sagittarius / furry / artist / intp / stop-motion films / lbp / fall out boy / panic! at the disco / twenty one pilots / stranger things / a series of unfortunate events
“When you have a bad day, a really bad day, try and treat the world better than it treated you.” -Patrick Stump
“Music seems to hold everything together. It seems to make things not so chaotic sometimes. It seems to make things make more sense sometimes.” -Tyler Joseph
“You'll fear your fears forever if you never do things you're afraid of.” -Josh Dun
“I'm still figuring out who I am, but I know I'm not who I was.” -Brendon Urie
YubNubEwok
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Question about this?

LionHeart70 wrote:

YubNubEwok wrote:

Yes definitely report them, they are very offensive. I myself would be very offended if someone made a joke about type one diabetics, as for being one myself.
Indeed. I've heard of jokes about autism, which I despise since I actually have Asperger's Syndrome (a form of autism). I also technically have bipolar disorder, a form of depression, and I'm sick of having depression mocked off with the “i have crippling depression” meme. Neither of which are all that funny considering it can cause me to feel confused, paranoid, and often really insecure.
But thanks for telling me what I should do. I'll keep it in mind if I see anything like this.
I know right?! People say that diabetic people get diabetes from eating too much candy. That isn't true! They don't know the difference from type one and type two. I have type one (the kind where you don't get it from eating too much junk food) and it really annoys me when people say things like that, I am actually not obese at all and I do volleyball and running. Plus, I am also tired of the autism jokes, one of the kids in my class has a little bit of autism, and the crippling depression thing is super annoying and very rude.

Last edited by YubNubEwok (Sept. 1, 2017 22:57:51)


Hello! I'mYubNubEwok!
YubNubEwok | Star Wars Nerd | Marvel Fan | Hunger Games Fan | #1 Wisconsin cheese Fan | Female | Christian | Webkinz user/collector | 2000+ posts | Philippians 4:13, Colossians 3:23 |
-Stuff to check out-
TheJediMasters
Ⓒⓡⓔⓐⓣⓘⓥⓔ Bᴜᴍᴘs
Right now I challenge you to: go to my profile, follow me, and check out my featured project (it's important!)

;
LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Question about this?

YubNubEwok wrote:

LionHeart70 wrote:

YubNubEwok wrote:

Yes definitely report them, they are very offensive. I myself would be very offended if someone made a joke about type one diabetics, as for being one myself.
Indeed. I've heard of jokes about autism, which I despise since I actually have Asperger's Syndrome (a form of autism). I also technically have bipolar disorder, a form of depression, and I'm sick of having depression mocked off with the “i have crippling depression” meme. Neither of which are all that funny considering it can cause me to feel confused, paranoid, and often really insecure.
But thanks for telling me what I should do. I'll keep it in mind if I see anything like this.
I know right?! People say that diabetic peopel get diabetes from eating too much candy. That isn't true! They don't know the difference from type one and type two. I have type one (the kind where you don't get it from eating too much junk food) and it really annoys me when people say things like that, I am actually not ones at all and I do volleyball and running. Plus, I am also tired of the autism jokes, one of the kids in my class has a little bit of autism, and the crippling depression thing is super annoying and very rude.
I agree. I actually know the difference between type one and type two of diabetes and both really aren't that fun.. not that I have it, but my friend's older brother has type one.
And both autism jokes and “crippling depression” annoy me. Like I said, it's not that fun to have either (same with diabetes, but I don't know firsthand), and it's not something anyone can control.
Something non-disorder I may explain is my religion - I don't have one. Sometimes I hear stuff like “It's a sin to be an atheist” but that really isn't true at all. It doesn't mean you worship anyone bad. It just means you don't believe in religion/don't have one. Which is one reason why I avoid bringing it up..
By the way, there are people who joke about diabetes.. and it's really not funny at all.

lh70 / nora/tobi / she-they pronouns / pansexual-demisexual / 14 / sagittarius / furry / artist / intp / stop-motion films / lbp / fall out boy / panic! at the disco / twenty one pilots / stranger things / a series of unfortunate events
“When you have a bad day, a really bad day, try and treat the world better than it treated you.” -Patrick Stump
“Music seems to hold everything together. It seems to make things not so chaotic sometimes. It seems to make things make more sense sometimes.” -Tyler Joseph
“You'll fear your fears forever if you never do things you're afraid of.” -Josh Dun
“I'm still figuring out who I am, but I know I'm not who I was.” -Brendon Urie
KawaiiCatGirl-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Question about this?

i say report, i get offended whenever someone says that someone has ‘cancer’ (as in joking that) since my dad had throat cancer and it is NOT funny. at all yet i laugh whenever i hear about colon cancer…

anyway, some jokes may be okay,a s long as they aren;t itneded to be mean

I have moved to m1mikyu, please comment there if you need assistance!
YubNubEwok
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Question about this?

LionHeart70 wrote:

-snip-
Diabetes isn't fun at all. I was diagnosed at the age of 4 and 1/2 and I had to get five shots a day, and about 7 finger pricks. It isn't fun. Until a couple years after that I got the omnipod and it is very good! I still get the finger pricks and I get one shot every 3 days. The omnipod is very good for sports (like swimming (if you get the waterproof one) volleyball, running, softball, ect.) And other activities.
About not controlling, yes you can't control any of it. See, I couldn't do anything to make my pancreas not shut down.
With your religion, I am a Christian (no specific kind of Christian) but I won't condemn you, or get mad at you because that's not nice and that is not what anyone should deal with.
Getting jokes about is a disorder is not funny at all, I think the people who make the jokes don't understand what it is like to have the disease/disorder, it is something that we can't help.

Hello! I'mYubNubEwok!
YubNubEwok | Star Wars Nerd | Marvel Fan | Hunger Games Fan | #1 Wisconsin cheese Fan | Female | Christian | Webkinz user/collector | 2000+ posts | Philippians 4:13, Colossians 3:23 |
-Stuff to check out-
TheJediMasters
Ⓒⓡⓔⓐⓣⓘⓥⓔ Bᴜᴍᴘs
Right now I challenge you to: go to my profile, follow me, and check out my featured project (it's important!)

;
KawaiiCatGirl-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Question about this?

YubNubEwok wrote:

LionHeart70 wrote:

-snip-
Diabetes isn't fun at all. I was diagnosed at the age of 4 and 1/2 and I had to get five shots a day, and about 7 finger pricks. It isn't fun. Until a couple years after that I got the omnipod and it is very good! I still get the finger pricks and I get one shot every 3 days. The omnipod is very good for sports (like swimming (if you get the waterproof one) volleyball, running, softball, ect.) And other activities.
About not controlling, yes you can't control any of it. See, I couldn't do anything to make my pancreas not shut down.
With your religion, I am a Christian (no specific kind of Christian) but I won't condemn you, or get mad at you because that's not nice and that is not what anyone should deal with.
Getting jokes about is a disorder is not funny at all, I think the people who make the jokes don't understand what it is like to have the disease/disorder, it is something that we can't help.
i hate when i see YT comments saying ‘your so autistic’ or the r word…..

i;ve seen YT videos called ‘most autistic youtubers’… really?

I have moved to m1mikyu, please comment there if you need assistance!
YubNubEwok
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Question about this?

KawaiiCatGirl- wrote:

YubNubEwok wrote:

LionHeart70 wrote:

-snip-
Diabetes isn't fun at all. I was diagnosed at the age of 4 and 1/2 and I had to get five shots a day, and about 7 finger pricks. It isn't fun. Until a couple years after that I got the omnipod and it is very good! I still get the finger pricks and I get one shot every 3 days. The omnipod is very good for sports (like swimming (if you get the waterproof one) volleyball, running, softball, ect.) And other activities.
About not controlling, yes you can't control any of it. See, I couldn't do anything to make my pancreas not shut down.
With your religion, I am a Christian (no specific kind of Christian) but I won't condemn you, or get mad at you because that's not nice and that is not what anyone should deal with.
Getting jokes about is a disorder is not funny at all, I think the people who make the jokes don't understand what it is like to have the disease/disorder, it is something that we can't help.
i hate when i see YT comments saying ‘your so autistic’ or the r word…..

i;ve seen YT videos called ‘most autistic youtubers’… really?
Oh wow, that is very rude!
I don't understand why people make jokes about these serious disorders.

Last edited by YubNubEwok (Sept. 1, 2017 00:41:08)


Hello! I'mYubNubEwok!
YubNubEwok | Star Wars Nerd | Marvel Fan | Hunger Games Fan | #1 Wisconsin cheese Fan | Female | Christian | Webkinz user/collector | 2000+ posts | Philippians 4:13, Colossians 3:23 |
-Stuff to check out-
TheJediMasters
Ⓒⓡⓔⓐⓣⓘⓥⓔ Bᴜᴍᴘs
Right now I challenge you to: go to my profile, follow me, and check out my featured project (it's important!)

;
I-Iz-A-Litten
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Question about this?

I'd say report, since they are offensive,


I read some Mexican stereotypes (I am Mexican myself) and most of them just trigger me, like “we all wear sombreros” and “we all cross the border illegally.” and others. It is not nice to know that other people think Mexicans are like that. And with a racist guy as the US president, there may be a lot of others picking on me just for being Mexican.

gravel
PrincessPanda_test_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Question about this?

Yes, it's rude and highly offensive. I hate it when I see people on the Internet make fun of autism and consider the autistic to be messed up and stupid people.

I thought there were laws against discrimination against disabilities.

More professional signature coming soon. ~







On a Sunday, riding my bike,
I notice, I notice, different things that look alike
On a Sunday, riding my bike,
I notice, I notice, many many things that look alike
I-Iz-A-Litten
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Question about this?

PrincessPanda_test_ wrote:

Yes, it's rude and highly offensive. I hate it when I see people on the Internet make fun of autism and consider the autistic to be messed up and stupid people.

I thought there were laws against discrimination against disabilities.


yeah, but there is still bad people on the internet,

I also think the “Caillou has cancer” joke needs to stop, since it's basically saying “If you bald, you have cancer.” which is not always true, and is pretty messed up, which is why I stopped using the term “this is cancer” to criticize things I don't like,

gravel
cul8er
Scratcher
500+ posts

Question about this?

Certainly!

Gone.
KawaiiCatGirl-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Question about this?

I imagine things like ‘all kumquats are evil- never trust one’ would be allowed, though, as it's an inanimate object and is a Scratch Meme

I have moved to m1mikyu, please comment there if you need assistance!
SolarWind12
Scratcher
500+ posts

Question about this?

YES! Feel free not to read this next bit about lefty discrimination…

Since the beginning of time, Lefties have been cast out, feared, and despised because we're different. The word Right comes from right, as in correct, while the word Left comes from old-English Lyft, which meant clumsy and broken. Superstitious people toss salt over their left shoulder to choke evil spirits that supposedly live there. The wedding ring originated in Greece, as a charm to ward off evil spirits that were associated with the left. In the Roman times, it was bad luck to be a lefty, and in the Victorian times lefties were flogged (whipped severely) even though Queen Victoria herself was one. Until the late 20th century, left-handedness was thought to be a sign of possession from evil spirits. Even today, at school, we may be forced to use our right hands, and are thrown Nicknames like “crack handed”. So be on the lookout for International Left-handers Day, on August 13.

Thank you for reading this far!
SW12

Hi, and Welcome to my signature! It doesn't change that often, but, hey, might be intresting to read; you never know (or at least not until you read it.) If you've got this far, it's pretty obvious that you're reading this to see just how intresting it is. Yes, you're reading this to see if there's a bonus bit at the end. You have to satisfy your natural curiosity and see how it turns out. Well, I dare you to stop…
You couldn't do it, could you? Sorry, you lost! Bye now!
Fact
An Evil Kumquat was eaten by my forum signature
KawaiiCatGirl-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Question about this?

SolarWind12 wrote:

YES! Feel free not to read this next bit about lefty discrimination…

Since the beginning of time, Lefties have been cast out, feared, and despised because we're different. The word Right comes from right, as in correct, while the word Left comes from old-English Lyft, which meant clumsy and broken. Superstitious people toss salt over their left shoulder to choke evil spirits that supposedly live there. The wedding ring originated in Greece, as a charm to ward off evil spirits that were associated with the left. In the Roman times, it was bad luck to be a lefty, and in the Victorian times lefties were flogged (whipped severely) even though Queen Victoria herself was one. Until the late 20th century, left-handedness was thought to be a sign of possession from evil spirits. Even today, at school, we may be forced to use our right hands, and are thrown Nicknames like “crack handed”. So be on the lookout for International Left-handers Day, on August 13.

Thank you for reading this far!
SW12
Wow…. I've always wanted to be left handed, guess that was a bad idea

What about being ambidextrous? Since then you use BOTH hands….

I have moved to m1mikyu, please comment there if you need assistance!
SolarWind12
Scratcher
500+ posts

Question about this?

KawaiiCatGirl- wrote:

SolarWind12 wrote:

YES! Feel free not to read this next bit about lefty discrimination…

Since the beginning of time, Lefties have been cast out, feared, and despised because we're different. The word Right comes from right, as in correct, while the word Left comes from old-English Lyft, which meant clumsy and broken. Superstitious people toss salt over their left shoulder to choke evil spirits that supposedly live there. The wedding ring originated in Greece, as a charm to ward off evil spirits that were associated with the left. In the Roman times, it was bad luck to be a lefty, and in the Victorian times lefties were flogged (whipped severely) even though Queen Victoria herself was one. Until the late 20th century, left-handedness was thought to be a sign of possession from evil spirits. Even today, at school, we may be forced to use our right hands, and are thrown Nicknames like “crack handed”. So be on the lookout for International Left-handers Day, on August 13.

Thank you for reading this far!
SW12
Wow…. I've always wanted to be left handed, guess that was a bad idea

What about being ambidextrous? Since then you use BOTH hands….
In fact, lefties have better sound perception, problem-solving abilities, and a higher IQ on average. We are also better at Baseball, cricket, 1-1 sports, and fighting. Einstein, Leonardo De Vinci Prince William, Prince Harry, Prince Charles, Angelina Jole (is that how you spell it?) Barack Obama, lady Ga Ga and Bill Bryson are just some of the famous lefties. Also, germanengland3, ZZ9PluralZAlpha and ForumHelper1 are all lefties!

Hi, and Welcome to my signature! It doesn't change that often, but, hey, might be intresting to read; you never know (or at least not until you read it.) If you've got this far, it's pretty obvious that you're reading this to see just how intresting it is. Yes, you're reading this to see if there's a bonus bit at the end. You have to satisfy your natural curiosity and see how it turns out. Well, I dare you to stop…
You couldn't do it, could you? Sorry, you lost! Bye now!
Fact
An Evil Kumquat was eaten by my forum signature
KawaiiCatGirl-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Question about this?

SolarWind12 wrote:

KawaiiCatGirl- wrote:

SolarWind12 wrote:

YES! Feel free not to read this next bit about lefty discrimination…

Since the beginning of time, Lefties have been cast out, feared, and despised because we're different. The word Right comes from right, as in correct, while the word Left comes from old-English Lyft, which meant clumsy and broken. Superstitious people toss salt over their left shoulder to choke evil spirits that supposedly live there. The wedding ring originated in Greece, as a charm to ward off evil spirits that were associated with the left. In the Roman times, it was bad luck to be a lefty, and in the Victorian times lefties were flogged (whipped severely) even though Queen Victoria herself was one. Until the late 20th century, left-handedness was thought to be a sign of possession from evil spirits. Even today, at school, we may be forced to use our right hands, and are thrown Nicknames like “crack handed”. So be on the lookout for International Left-handers Day, on August 13.

Thank you for reading this far!
SW12
Wow…. I've always wanted to be left handed, guess that was a bad idea

What about being ambidextrous? Since then you use BOTH hands….
In fact, lefties have better sound perception, problem-solving abilities, and a higher IQ on average. We are also better at Baseball, cricket, 1-1 sports, and fighting. Einstein, Leonardo De Vinci Prince William, Prince Harry, Prince Charles, Angelina Jole (is that how you spell it?) Barack Obama, lady Ga Ga and Bill Bryson are just some of the famous lefties. Also, germanengland3, ZZ9PluralZAlpha and ForumHelper1 are all lefties!
But were ambidextrous people attacked?

I have moved to m1mikyu, please comment there if you need assistance!

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile