Discuss Scratch

LightingboltAJ
Scratcher
8 posts

How much alerts until your banned?

I currently have 2 alerts.. But I don't wanna be banned from here! This website means ALOT to me. if I ever get banned from scratch i'll probably just cry myself to sleep… EVERYDAY. so tell me how much alerts you get until your banned… I honestly don't wanna cry everyday.
WolfCat67
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How much alerts until your banned?

It honestly depends on many factors. The severity of the action you did that got you the alert, how fast you got them, if they were all for the same thing or not, if they were spread out over a long time, and many more. If you're getting alerts from two different things spread out over a couple months, there should be nothing to worry about; but, say, you got three alerts for posting inappropriate content in a week, you'd probably be blocked from the site.

MeIoetta
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How much alerts until your banned?

WolfCat67 wrote:

It honestly depends on many factors. The severity of the action you did that got you the alert, how fast you got them, if they were all for the same thing or not, if they were spread out over a long time, and many more. If you're getting alerts from two different things spread out over a couple months, there should be nothing to worry about; but, say, you got three alerts for posting inappropriate content in a week, you'd probably be blocked from the site.
In a nutshell:

Depends on:
- How common they are
- How serious they are
- How many of same alerts you have

i love jellyfish
LightingboltAJ
Scratcher
8 posts

How much alerts until your banned?

Well here are my alerts:
June 30 2017 @8:58 a.m.
Please be more respectful when posting on Scratch. Continuing to be disrespectful will cause your account to be blocked. It's important that you read the Community Guidelines. You'll find a link at the bottom of every page. - Scratch Team

Here are some of the comments that led to this message:

“ holy * i've been WAITING FOR THIS TO HAPPEN ”
April 26 2017 @8:41 a.m.
For project I care about this poor dog:

We censored this project for containing disturbing images and because it games the Scratch Community (makes assumptions that users who do not remix support animal abuse).
Candylanguagegirl
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How much alerts until your banned?

A lot of it is dependant upon whether or not you seem to have learned your lesson. You likely won't be banned unless you repeat an offense multiple times, or you get multiple alerts in a short period of time. Also, I believe that the first ban is usually only 3 days, and often they don't last more than two weeks- you'd have to do something pretty bad to get a permanent ban.

~Fail spectacularly~
LightingboltAJ
Scratcher
8 posts

How much alerts until your banned?

Oh.
YubNubEwok
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How much alerts until your banned?

LightingboltAJ wrote:

Well here are my alerts:
June 30 2017 @8:58 a.m.
Please be more respectful when posting on Scratch. Continuing to be disrespectful will cause your account to be blocked. It's important that you read the Community Guidelines. You'll find a link at the bottom of every page. - Scratch Team

Here are some of the comments that led to this message:

“ holy * i've been WAITING FOR THIS TO HAPPEN ”
April 26 2017 @8:41 a.m.
For project I care about this poor dog:

We censored this project for containing disturbing images and because it games the Scratch Community (makes assumptions that users who do not remix support animal abuse).
It is best not to mention your alerts because that is something private between you and the Scratch Team.

Hello! I'mYubNubEwok!
YubNubEwok | Star Wars Nerd | Marvel Fan | Hunger Games Fan | #1 Wisconsin cheese Fan | Female | Christian | Webkinz user/collector | 2000+ posts | Philippians 4:13, Colossians 3:23 |
-Stuff to check out-
TheJediMasters
Ⓒⓡⓔⓐⓣⓘⓥⓔ Bᴜᴍᴘs
Right now I challenge you to: go to my profile, follow me, and check out my featured project (it's important!)

;
awsome_guy_360
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How much alerts until your banned?

YubNubEwok wrote:

LightingboltAJ wrote:

-snip-.
It is best not to mention your alerts because that is something private between you and the Scratch Team.

I think it should be fine to include it in here. It's only when you publicly ask the ST about why you got a report, or posting that you got a report. So the person can say the report as long as it's not stirring up anything.

Don't quote me on that.


I'm running a small experiment, mind taking this?
(╭☞¬ω¬)╭☞ Hello, I'm mostly dead
LightingboltAJ
Scratcher
8 posts

How much alerts until your banned?

why does it say
“LightingboltAJ wrote:
-snip-.” XD
awsome_guy_360
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How much alerts until your banned?

LightingboltAJ wrote:

why does it say
“LightingboltAJ wrote:
-snip-.” XD

A 'lil thing I did. People do it to… *ehm*

“'Clear out' spam”


I'm running a small experiment, mind taking this?
(╭☞¬ω¬)╭☞ Hello, I'm mostly dead
LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How much alerts until your banned?

Aah, sorry, but.. *you're and *many.
Anyway, getting an alert doesn't mean “3 strikes, you're out”. I have 5-6 alerts and have never been banned.
If you get more than one alert in a short time period, you're probably getting banned. It also depends on how severe the action you did was and how often you do it in a row.
If you're doing something really severe, such as hacking users or threatening to kill someone, you might get banned without warning. If it's just something like making a project that violated the CG a little, you won't be banned on spot unless you do it repeatedly.
If you say something mean to a user once, you will only get an alert. If you do it repeatedly, or you got more than one alert in a really recent time, you could get banned.

lh70 / nora/tobi / she-they pronouns / pansexual-demisexual / 14 / sagittarius / furry / artist / intp / stop-motion films / lbp / fall out boy / panic! at the disco / twenty one pilots / stranger things / a series of unfortunate events
“When you have a bad day, a really bad day, try and treat the world better than it treated you.” -Patrick Stump
“Music seems to hold everything together. It seems to make things not so chaotic sometimes. It seems to make things make more sense sometimes.” -Tyler Joseph
“You'll fear your fears forever if you never do things you're afraid of.” -Josh Dun
“I'm still figuring out who I am, but I know I'm not who I was.” -Brendon Urie
KawaiiCatGirl-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How much alerts until your banned?

it depends. i once saw a user posting REALLY bad projects. as soon as I told a mod, they got banned on the spot

of course, they had SEVERAL bad projects, and not one of them was okay, so that could be different


I have moved to m1mikyu, please comment there if you need assistance!
LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How much alerts until your banned?

LightingboltAJ wrote:

Well here are my alerts:
June 30 2017 @8:58 a.m.
Please be more respectful when posting on Scratch. Continuing to be disrespectful will cause your account to be blocked. It's important that you read the Community Guidelines. You'll find a link at the bottom of every page. - Scratch Team

Here are some of the comments that led to this message:

“ holy * i've been WAITING FOR THIS TO HAPPEN ”
April 26 2017 @8:41 a.m.
For project I care about this poor dog:

We censored this project for containing disturbing images and because it games the Scratch Community (makes assumptions that users who do not remix support animal abuse).
Those are both very unrelated things to get alerts for, and you got them in a span of about 2 months. You're fine, as long as you avoid doing those again.

lh70 / nora/tobi / she-they pronouns / pansexual-demisexual / 14 / sagittarius / furry / artist / intp / stop-motion films / lbp / fall out boy / panic! at the disco / twenty one pilots / stranger things / a series of unfortunate events
“When you have a bad day, a really bad day, try and treat the world better than it treated you.” -Patrick Stump
“Music seems to hold everything together. It seems to make things not so chaotic sometimes. It seems to make things make more sense sometimes.” -Tyler Joseph
“You'll fear your fears forever if you never do things you're afraid of.” -Josh Dun
“I'm still figuring out who I am, but I know I'm not who I was.” -Brendon Urie
-ShadowOfTheFuture-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How much alerts until your banned?

Mangle_Thefox44 wrote:

Candylanguagegirl wrote:

A lot of it is dependant upon whether or not you seem to have learned your lesson. You likely won't be banned unless you repeat an offense multiple times, or you get multiple alerts in a short period of time. Also, I believe that the first ban is usually only 3 days, and often they don't last more than two weeks- you'd have to do something pretty bad to get a permanent ban.

then can you explain why my main (lightingboltaj) got perm blocked even though it was supposed to be a 3 day ban?
First of all, please don't necropost. It would be easier for you to get an answer to your question if you made a new thread rather than posting on old resolved topics.

Second of all, maybe it's because the ST didn't think you learned your lesson? You usually have to appeal the ban.

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile