Discuss Scratch

ComicWorldBros
Scratcher
100+ posts

Is it okay to have Innuendo?

Innuendo is on kids show and I just wonder if it okay and what level it should be, I want to try add one in my project but wasn't sure will it count as inappropriate and I know it will have NFE. It is okay?

Meaning:
Innuendo

an allusive or oblique remark or hint, typically a suggestive or disparaging one.

she's always making sly innuendoes“
”he became the butt for their smutty innuendoes"


Source: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=innuendo





Please help us right now and I will credit and follow you!
PrincessPanda_test_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is it okay to have Innuendo?

If it's pretty minor, then it would be allowed. I've seen many kids' movies which have mild innuendo in them.

More professional signature coming soon. ~







On a Sunday, riding my bike,
I notice, I notice, different things that look alike
On a Sunday, riding my bike,
I notice, I notice, many many things that look alike
footsocktoe
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is it okay to have Innuendo?

ComicWorldBros wrote:

Innuendo is on kids show and I just wonder if it okay and what level it should be, I want to try add one in my project but wasn't sure will it count as inappropriate and I know it will have NFE. It is okay?

Meaning:
Innuendo

an allusive or oblique remark or hint, typically a suggestive or disparaging one.

she's always making sly innuendoes“
”he became the butt for their smutty innuendoes"


Source: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=innuendo


No, it's not allowed unless that which is suggested by the innuendo is allowed. You can innuendo a cow, but you cannot innuendo what a cow drops in the pasture.


SHOOT THE SPACE MONSTERS! ….. A game everyone can play! Bright colors, bonky sounds!
THE 12 BALLS OF CRAZY AL ……. New scrolling adventure game!

Cub56
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is it okay to have Innuendo?

footsocktoe wrote:

ComicWorldBros wrote:

Innuendo is on kids show and I just wonder if it okay and what level it should be, I want to try add one in my project but wasn't sure will it count as inappropriate and I know it will have NFE. It is okay?

Meaning:
Innuendo

an allusive or oblique remark or hint, typically a suggestive or disparaging one.

she's always making sly innuendoes“
”he became the butt for their smutty innuendoes"


Source: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=innuendo


No, it's not allowed unless that which is suggested by the innuendo is allowed. You can innuendo a cow, but you cannot innuendo what a cow drops in the pasture.
I wouldn't say that's inappropriate though…could you explain how that is inappropriate?

Check out Life Raft Survival, my new advanced sandbox survival game with crafting, building, transportation, weather events, tropical storms, and more!

In the game you're stranded at sea after a mysterious crash and must survive in an unforgiving tropical island environment collecting resources and crafting, in an attempt to finally be rescued.



footsocktoe
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is it okay to have Innuendo?

Cub56 wrote:

footsocktoe wrote:

ComicWorldBros wrote:

Innuendo is on kids show and I just wonder if it okay and what level it should be, I want to try add one in my project but wasn't sure will it count as inappropriate and I know it will have NFE. It is okay?

Meaning:
Innuendo

an allusive or oblique remark or hint, typically a suggestive or disparaging one.

she's always making sly innuendoes“
”he became the butt for their smutty innuendoes"


Source: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=innuendo


No, it's not allowed unless that which is suggested by the innuendo is allowed. You can innuendo a cow, but you cannot innuendo what a cow drops in the pasture.
I wouldn't say that's inappropriate though…could you explain how that is inappropriate?

No. The CG says: If you think a project or comment is mean, insulting, too violent, or otherwise inappropriate, click “Report” to let us know about it.
so all I have to do is think it's inappropriate and I can report it. It would be up to you to explain to the ST why it is not.


SHOOT THE SPACE MONSTERS! ….. A game everyone can play! Bright colors, bonky sounds!
THE 12 BALLS OF CRAZY AL ……. New scrolling adventure game!

ComicWorldBros
Scratcher
100+ posts

Is it okay to have Innuendo?

PrincessPanda_test_ wrote:

If it's pretty minor, then it would be allowed. I've seen many kids' movies which have mild innuendo in them.
ok

Last edited by ComicWorldBros (Aug. 23, 2017 17:02:30)





Please help us right now and I will credit and follow you!
ComicWorldBros
Scratcher
100+ posts

Is it okay to have Innuendo?

footsocktoe wrote:

Cub56 wrote:

footsocktoe wrote:

ComicWorldBros wrote:

Innuendo is on kids show and I just wonder if it okay and what level it should be, I want to try add one in my project but wasn't sure will it count as inappropriate and I know it will have NFE. It is okay?

Meaning:
Innuendo

an allusive or oblique remark or hint, typically a suggestive or disparaging one.

she's always making sly innuendoes“
”he became the butt for their smutty innuendoes"


Source: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=innuendo


No, it's not allowed unless that which is suggested by the innuendo is allowed. You can innuendo a cow, but you cannot innuendo what a cow drops in the pasture.
I wouldn't say that's inappropriate though…could you explain how that is inappropriate?

No. The CG says: If you think a project or comment is mean, insulting, too violent, or otherwise inappropriate, click “Report” to let us know about it.
so all I have to do is think it's inappropriate and I can report it. It would be up to you to explain to the ST why it is not.
So not even one tiny dirty joke hidden.




Please help us right now and I will credit and follow you!
Cub56
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is it okay to have Innuendo?

footsocktoe wrote:

No. The CG says: If you think a project or comment is mean, insulting, too violent, or otherwise inappropriate, click “Report” to let us know about it.
so all I have to do is think it's inappropriate and I can report it. It would be up to you to explain to the ST why it is not.
No I meant, how is “what a cow drops in the pasture” inappropriate?

Check out Life Raft Survival, my new advanced sandbox survival game with crafting, building, transportation, weather events, tropical storms, and more!

In the game you're stranded at sea after a mysterious crash and must survive in an unforgiving tropical island environment collecting resources and crafting, in an attempt to finally be rescued.



YubNubEwok
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is it okay to have Innuendo?

Cub56 wrote:

footsocktoe wrote:

No. The CG says: If you think a project or comment is mean, insulting, too violent, or otherwise inappropriate, click “Report” to let us know about it.
so all I have to do is think it's inappropriate and I can report it. It would be up to you to explain to the ST why it is not.
No I meant, how is “what a cow drops in the pasture” inappropriate?
Well, there are words for it that aren't very appropriate and one word that is a bad word for it.

Last edited by YubNubEwok (Aug. 31, 2017 22:43:16)


Hello! I'mYubNubEwok!
YubNubEwok | Star Wars Nerd | Marvel Fan | Hunger Games Fan | #1 Wisconsin cheese Fan | Female | Christian | Webkinz user/collector | 2000+ posts | Philippians 4:13, Colossians 3:23 |
-Stuff to check out-
TheJediMasters
Ⓒⓡⓔⓐⓣⓘⓥⓔ Bᴜᴍᴘs
Right now I challenge you to: go to my profile, follow me, and check out my featured project (it's important!)

;
Cub56
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is it okay to have Innuendo?

YubNubEwok wrote:

Cub56 wrote:

footsocktoe wrote:

No. The CG says: If you think a project or comment is mean, insulting, too violent, or otherwise inappropriate, click “Report” to let us know about it.
so all I have to do is think it's inappropriate and I can report it. It would be up to you to explain to the ST why it is not.
No I meant, how is “what a cow drops in the pasture” inappropriate?
Well, there are words for it that rent very appropriate and one word that is a bad word for it.
I think it's fine if they don't use inappropriate words for it though. Just the concept isn't inappropriate.

Check out Life Raft Survival, my new advanced sandbox survival game with crafting, building, transportation, weather events, tropical storms, and more!

In the game you're stranded at sea after a mysterious crash and must survive in an unforgiving tropical island environment collecting resources and crafting, in an attempt to finally be rescued.



YubNubEwok
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is it okay to have Innuendo?

Cub56 wrote:

-snip-
Talking about cow droppings is innapropriate for Scratch, a lot of kids that are 8 (sometimes younger) see that, and it is not appropriate for kids to see something like that.

Hello! I'mYubNubEwok!
YubNubEwok | Star Wars Nerd | Marvel Fan | Hunger Games Fan | #1 Wisconsin cheese Fan | Female | Christian | Webkinz user/collector | 2000+ posts | Philippians 4:13, Colossians 3:23 |
-Stuff to check out-
TheJediMasters
Ⓒⓡⓔⓐⓣⓘⓥⓔ Bᴜᴍᴘs
Right now I challenge you to: go to my profile, follow me, and check out my featured project (it's important!)

;
Cub56
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is it okay to have Innuendo?

YubNubEwok wrote:

Cub56 wrote:

-snip-
Talking about cow droppings is innapropriate for Scratch, a lot of kids that are 8 (sometimes younger) see that, and it is not appropriate for kids to see something like that.
Why? It's a fact of life. Kids should know what it is…

Check out Life Raft Survival, my new advanced sandbox survival game with crafting, building, transportation, weather events, tropical storms, and more!

In the game you're stranded at sea after a mysterious crash and must survive in an unforgiving tropical island environment collecting resources and crafting, in an attempt to finally be rescued.



YubNubEwok
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is it okay to have Innuendo?

Cub56 wrote:

YubNubEwok wrote:

Cub56 wrote:

-snip-
Talking about cow droppings is innapropriate for Scratch, a lot of kids that are 8 (sometimes younger) see that, and it is not appropriate for kids to see something like that.
Why? It's a fact of life. Kids should know what it is…
Kids already know what it is, but some words for it aren't appropriate, that's why on Scratch you should call it droppings.

Last edited by YubNubEwok (Aug. 31, 2017 22:43:43)


Hello! I'mYubNubEwok!
YubNubEwok | Star Wars Nerd | Marvel Fan | Hunger Games Fan | #1 Wisconsin cheese Fan | Female | Christian | Webkinz user/collector | 2000+ posts | Philippians 4:13, Colossians 3:23 |
-Stuff to check out-
TheJediMasters
Ⓒⓡⓔⓐⓣⓘⓥⓔ Bᴜᴍᴘs
Right now I challenge you to: go to my profile, follow me, and check out my featured project (it's important!)

;
LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is it okay to have Innuendo?

Maybe if it's very mild. Kids' media has a lot of innuendo or hidden dirty references.. That I just started getting or maybe that's just me?
Bottom line, avoid getting too extreme.

lh70 / nora/tobi / she-they pronouns / pansexual-demisexual / 14 / sagittarius / furry / artist / intp / stop-motion films / lbp / fall out boy / panic! at the disco / twenty one pilots / stranger things / a series of unfortunate events
“When you have a bad day, a really bad day, try and treat the world better than it treated you.” -Patrick Stump
“Music seems to hold everything together. It seems to make things not so chaotic sometimes. It seems to make things make more sense sometimes.” -Tyler Joseph
“You'll fear your fears forever if you never do things you're afraid of.” -Josh Dun
“I'm still figuring out who I am, but I know I'm not who I was.” -Brendon Urie
footsocktoe
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is it okay to have Innuendo?

Cub56 wrote:

footsocktoe wrote:

No. The CG says: If you think a project or comment is mean, insulting, too violent, or otherwise inappropriate, click “Report” to let us know about it.
so all I have to do is think it's inappropriate and I can report it. It would be up to you to explain to the ST why it is not.
No I meant, how is “what a cow drops in the pasture” inappropriate?

When it is used in an inappropriate way…

“You look like what a cow drops in the pasture and you smell like it, too.”

Personally, I wouldn't report it, but since people report the word that begins with c and ends with p and has ra in the middle and seems fine to me, there is no telling what they might or might not report.


SHOOT THE SPACE MONSTERS! ….. A game everyone can play! Bright colors, bonky sounds!
THE 12 BALLS OF CRAZY AL ……. New scrolling adventure game!

jji10
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is it okay to have Innuendo?

If censored swears aren't okay, innuendos aren't either.

“Yipee, I did it!” the man said with glee,
“I've solved that darned riddle, I've solved it, you see!”
The sphinx simply smiled and shook her strange head,
“I'm afraid you're wrong, and therefore you're dead.”
cul8er
Scratcher
500+ posts

Is it okay to have Innuendo?

No.

Gone.
I-Iz-A-Litten
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is it okay to have Innuendo?

no I believe, because your making a hidden inappropriate joke

gravel
ComicWorldBros
Scratcher
100+ posts

Is it okay to have Innuendo?

LionHeart70 wrote:

Maybe if it's very mild. Kids' media has a lot of innuendo or hidden dirty references.. That I just started getting or maybe that's just me?
Bottom line, avoid getting too extreme.
Thanks, I was curious about it been okay on Scratch…




Please help us right now and I will credit and follow you!
Cub56
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is it okay to have Innuendo?

footsocktoe wrote:

Cub56 wrote:

footsocktoe wrote:

No. The CG says: If you think a project or comment is mean, insulting, too violent, or otherwise inappropriate, click “Report” to let us know about it.
so all I have to do is think it's inappropriate and I can report it. It would be up to you to explain to the ST why it is not.
No I meant, how is “what a cow drops in the pasture” inappropriate?

When it is used in an inappropriate way…

“You look like what a cow drops in the pasture and you smell like it, too.”

Personally, I wouldn't report it, but since people report the word that begins with c and ends with p and has ra in the middle and seems fine to me, there is no telling what they might or might not report.

I would say that's just an insult and not “inappropriate”

Check out Life Raft Survival, my new advanced sandbox survival game with crafting, building, transportation, weather events, tropical storms, and more!

In the game you're stranded at sea after a mysterious crash and must survive in an unforgiving tropical island environment collecting resources and crafting, in an attempt to finally be rescued.



Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile