Discuss Scratch

I-Iz-A-Litten
Scratcher
1000+ posts

80's, 70's, and 90's music fans!

Lets admit, there is not much modern music that is good, (except twentyonepilots and others,) and that at least some of us like a good old 80's song,


And that's what this is about!



In this forum, talk about all the old tunes from the 70's, 80's,or 90's

RULES

1. Only talk about music from the 70's, 80's, or 90's.

2. Don't go off-topic.

3. Know that everybody has different interests and respect others opinions.

4. Don't talk about modern music,

5. If you like modern music, I respect your opinion, but don't bash on others opinions,

6. Have fun!

Last edited by I-Iz-A-Litten (Aug. 19, 2017 18:37:32)

Spycapt54
Scratcher
1000+ posts

80's, 70's, and 90's music fans!

Classic Rock is great

This is a signature. ಠ_ಠ
RetroTV
Scratcher
100+ posts

80's, 70's, and 90's music fans!

The only music I listen to is 90s 80s and 70s and 60s… the Beatles were good…
Nowadays music is just for being cool or being popular… back then it just was for carrying on an important message or for just listening to it

^




Hello internet and welcome to BEHIND THE M E M E
Spycapt54
Scratcher
1000+ posts

80's, 70's, and 90's music fans!

Paint it Black for the win!

This is a signature. ಠ_ಠ
WolfCat67
Scratcher
1000+ posts

80's, 70's, and 90's music fans!

Modern music pales in comparison to that rock music.

Most modern music just uses the same chord progressions, tons of auto-tune, same key, doesn't change at all throughout most of the song, and just… Is it just me, or do most of the lesser-known songs sound the same so much so that I can't tell the difference? With all the auto-tune, most of the masculine / feminine voices sound the same.

Older music has variation, and I like that.
RetroTV
Scratcher
100+ posts

80's, 70's, and 90's music fans!

WolfCat67 wrote:

Modern music pales in comparison to that rock music.

Most modern music just uses the same chord progressions, tons of auto-tune, same key, doesn't change at all throughout most of the song, and just… Is it just me, or do most of the lesser-known songs sound the same so much so that I can't tell the difference? With all the auto-tune, most of the masculine / feminine voices sound the same.

Older music has variation, and I like that.
Totally agree, that's why I still listen to it

^




Hello internet and welcome to BEHIND THE M E M E
Spycapt54
Scratcher
1000+ posts

80's, 70's, and 90's music fans!

WolfCat67 wrote:

Modern music pales in comparison to that rock music.

Most modern music just uses the same chord progressions, tons of auto-tune, same key, doesn't change at all throughout most of the song, and just… Is it just me, or do most of the lesser-known songs sound the same so much so that I can't tell the difference? With all the auto-tune, most of the masculine / feminine voices sound the same.

Older music has variation, and I like that.
How today's music triggers you.
And so many more people.
Most of Today's Hits should have never become popular…
Does anyone else know about the song “I Can See for Miles” by The Who?
It's great.

This is a signature. ಠ_ಠ
flyingpiearchive
Scratcher
1000+ posts

80's, 70's, and 90's music fans!

this thread is just filled with people who don't actually listen to modern music and only hear glimpses of it on the radio
there is so much fantastic modern music, it just isn't mainstream. i always hate these “all modern music is bad” comments because it shows lots of ignorance towards the entire medium of music. in the age of the internet, it is so easy to explore and find new artists. sticking to a specific time of music shows an unwillingness to try new things.

anyway I definitely enjoy older music. currently i've been listening to a lot of leonard cohen, townes van zandt, gang of four, marty robbins, brian eno, the kinks frank sinatra and kate bush. leonard cohen may be tied with sufjan stevens as my favorite musician at the moment
Spycapt54
Scratcher
1000+ posts

80's, 70's, and 90's music fans!

A few of my favorite classic songs:
A Horse With No Name- America
Paint it Black- The Rolling Stones
I Can See for Miles- The Who
We Don't Get Fooled Again- The Who
All Star- Smash Mouth
Uneasy Rider (both versions)- Charlie Daniels

This is a signature. ಠ_ಠ
PrincessPanda_test_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

80's, 70's, and 90's music fans!

Sweet home Alabama, where skies are blue… Sweet home Alabama, Lord's coming home to you….

Has anyone forgot “Running in the 90s”, “Get Ready for It”, “U Can't Touch This”, “Walking on Sunshine”, “Thriller”, and “All I Want for Christmas is You”?














Click the image for something special!

Wanna collab on something Sonic?
RetroTV
Scratcher
100+ posts

80's, 70's, and 90's music fans!

PrincessPanda_test_ wrote:

Sweet home Alabama, where skies are blue… Sweet home Alabama, Lord's coming home to you….

Has anyone forgot “Running in the 90s”, “Get Ready for It”, “U Can't Touch This”, “Walking on Sunshine”, “Thriller”, and “All I Want for Christmas is You”?

I haven’t forgot

Last edited by RetroTV (Aug. 20, 2017 16:36:45)


^




Hello internet and welcome to BEHIND THE M E M E
I-Iz-A-Litten
Scratcher
1000+ posts

80's, 70's, and 90's music fans!

flyingpiearchive wrote:

this thread is just filled with people who don't actually listen to modern music and only hear glimpses of it on the radio
there is so much fantastic modern music, it just isn't mainstream. i always hate these “all modern music is bad” comments because it shows lots of ignorance towards the entire medium of music. in the age of the internet, it is so easy to explore and find new artists. sticking to a specific time of music shows an unwillingness to try new things.

anyway I definitely enjoy older music. currently i've been listening to a lot of leonard cohen, townes van zandt, gang of four, marty robbins, brian eno, the kinks frank sinatra and kate bush. leonard cohen may be tied with sufjan stevens as my favorite musician at the moment



I didn't say ALL modern music is bad, only most of it,

there is Fallout Boy, and it's pretty good
PrincessPandaLover
Scratcher
1000+ posts

80's, 70's, and 90's music fans!

The only thing I dislike about modern music is that 99% of it is love songs.

(Icon is joke. Don't take it seriously.)

























It's been over 20 years since Sonic the Hedgehog first burst on the scene in a blur of blue and red. Since that dazzling debut, Sonic has dabbled in all sorts of genres-racing, snowboarding, pinball-but Sonic Mania goes back to where it all started, grabbing rings and racing round loop-the-loops. It has sprite-based graphics, which means it's pixelated like the original Sonic games were, and classic levels like Green Hill Zone return with new twists throughout. Best of all, it has the old crew back together again to stop Robotnik. Along with Sonic Boom: Fire and Ice and a brand new 3-D game [Sonic Forces], there's never a better time to be a Sonic fan.

- Game On! 2018 (pg. 122)
By-Tor-and-Snow-Dog
Scratcher
8 posts

80's, 70's, and 90's music fans!

Has anyone talked about Rush yet? They make such awesome music although there is only 3 of them, 2112 is the best story song there is!

RetroTV
Scratcher
100+ posts

80's, 70's, and 90's music fans!

By-Tor-and-Snow-Dog wrote:

Has anyone talked about Rush yet? They make such awesome music although there is only 3 of them, 2112 is the best story song there is!

agree

^




Hello internet and welcome to BEHIND THE M E M E
flyingpiearchive
Scratcher
1000+ posts

80's, 70's, and 90's music fans!

PrincessPandaLover wrote:

The only thing I dislike about modern music is that 99% of it is love songs.
that's the same with old music too though. it took the beatles 6 albums to write a song that didn't have the word love in the lyrics

By-Tor-and-Snow-Dog wrote:

Has anyone talked about Rush yet? They make such awesome music although there is only 3 of them, 2112 is the best story song there is!

only listened to moving pictures but it's a pretty good album
enigmatic-
Scratcher
500+ posts

80's, 70's, and 90's music fans!

has anyone here heard of satellite young? they formed pretty recently, but their style mimics 80s and 90s music, so if you like old futuristic sounding japanese music, you might like them! they're pretty cool.

hi there! please click on my party and fields at pokefarm. thanks!
I-Iz-A-Litten
Scratcher
1000+ posts

80's, 70's, and 90's music fans!


flyingpiearchive wrote:

PrincessPandaLover wrote:

The only thing I dislike about modern music is that 99% of it is love songs.
that's the same with old music too though. it took the beatles 6 albums to write a song that didn't have the word love in the lyrics


Most modern love songs are WAY different from old love songs.

Spycapt54
Scratcher
1000+ posts

80's, 70's, and 90's music fans!

I-Iz-A-Litten wrote:

flyingpiearchive wrote:

PrincessPandaLover wrote:

The only thing I dislike about modern music is that 99% of it is love songs.
that's the same with old music too though. it took the beatles 6 albums to write a song that didn't have the word love in the lyrics


Most modern love songs are WAY different from old love songs.

Yes…
Even though some old songs had some… undertones, too.

Last edited by Spycapt54 (Aug. 22, 2017 12:26:05)


This is a signature. ಠ_ಠ
Dinoguy8
Scratcher
500+ posts

80's, 70's, and 90's music fans!

I love literally ANYTHING 90's Alt Rock.
Semisonic, Blink-182, Harvey Danger, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, No Doubt, Beck, Nine Inch Nails, Marcy Playground, Lit, Weezer, Third Eye Blind, BNL, Smash Mouth, you name it!

Last edited by Dinoguy8 (Aug. 22, 2017 19:13:50)


Check out these topics I've created! They're pretty swell!
LEGO Legends of CHIMA, Robotomy, BIONICLE, Nero's Day at Disneyland/Lauren Bousfield.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile