Discuss Scratch

Blaze349
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Why scratch should be 3d

here are some problems why scratch should'nt be 3d
1.difficulty for beginners
solution
you have to be on scratch for at least 2 months before you can use 3d

2.server space
solution

games like minecraftPE don't take up to much space (only a few MB and its still really good)

3.you would need a bigger stage
solution
make a bigger stage

4. lag
solution
turkey_test3 has already given a reason for why scratch2.0 lags


EDIT: if this was to happen it would happen after 2.0 was done


please write what you think below but do not mention the read before posting topic, or tell me about raycasters
I am only giving reasons and problems and solutions not just saying 3d is fun.
tell me some more problems

/EDIT BECAUSE NO ONE IS LISTNING: why is nobody actually listening read the first post instead of just saying it will never happen and don't point out problems that have solutions do what ssss is doing

Last edited by Blaze349 (Jan. 29, 2014 07:52:54)

ssss
Scratcher
500+ posts

Why scratch should be 3d

Scratch has been designed for beginners of programming languages to easily pick them up, and making it so that you have to wait for the settings will be even more confusing for them. However, 3D projects are possible and many people have made engines that do render 3D projects.
But if you wish for a more suitable programming language for 3D projects, try ALICE .

Generation 379: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
Blaze349
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Why scratch should be 3d

ssss wrote:

However, 3D projects are possible and many people have made engines that do render 3D projects.
I know how to make 3d engines but I want to use real 3d why didn't you say any problems
ssss
Scratcher
500+ posts

Why scratch should be 3d

Blaze349 wrote:

ssss wrote:

However, 3D projects are possible and many people have made engines that do render 3D projects.
I know how to make 3d engines but I want to use real 3d why didn't you say any problems
Real 3D just isn't really viable in Scratch.

Generation 379: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
Blaze349
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Why scratch should be 3d

ssss wrote:

Blaze349 wrote:

ssss wrote:

However, 3D projects are possible and many people have made engines that do render 3D projects.
I know how to make 3d engines but I want to use real 3d why didn't you say any problems
Real 3D just isn't really viable in Scratch.
but can be
ssss
Scratcher
500+ posts

Why scratch should be 3d

Blaze349 wrote:

ssss wrote:

Blaze349 wrote:

ssss wrote:

However, 3D projects are possible and many people have made engines that do render 3D projects.
I know how to make 3d engines but I want to use real 3d why didn't you say any problems
Real 3D just isn't really viable in Scratch.
but can be
Scratch 2.0 is programmed using Flash - and the 3D in that is also sadly, poor. Thus, 3D in scratch is not viable. and cannot be while it is still run via Flash.

Generation 379: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
Blaze349
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Why scratch should be 3d

ssss wrote:

Blaze349 wrote:

ssss wrote:

Blaze349 wrote:

ssss wrote:

However, 3D projects are possible and many people have made engines that do render 3D projects.
I know how to make 3d engines but I want to use real 3d why didn't you say any problems
Real 3D just isn't really viable in Scratch.
but can be
Scratch 2.0 is programmed using Flash - and the 3D in that is also sadly, poor. Thus, 3D in scratch is not viable. and cannot be while it is still run via Flash.
the scratchteam is making a new player the beta player instead of the flash player
ssss
Scratcher
500+ posts

Why scratch should be 3d

Blaze349 wrote:

ssss wrote:

Blaze349 wrote:

ssss wrote:

Blaze349 wrote:

ssss wrote:

However, 3D projects are possible and many people have made engines that do render 3D projects.
I know how to make 3d engines but I want to use real 3d why didn't you say any problems
Real 3D just isn't really viable in Scratch.
but can be
Scratch 2.0 is programmed using Flash - and the 3D in that is also sadly, poor. Thus, 3D in scratch is not viable. and cannot be while it is still run via Flash.
the scratchteam is making a new player the beta player instead of the flash player
The beta player is still the flash player. It's just an optimized version - they are working on a HTML 5 version, which may make things with 3D better, however it is only 40% done.

Generation 379: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
Blaze349
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Why scratch should be 3d

ssss wrote:

Blaze349 wrote:

ssss wrote:

Blaze349 wrote:

ssss wrote:

Blaze349 wrote:

ssss wrote:

However, 3D projects are possible and many people have made engines that do render 3D projects.
I know how to make 3d engines but I want to use real 3d why didn't you say any problems
Real 3D just isn't really viable in Scratch.
but can be
Scratch 2.0 is programmed using Flash - and the 3D in that is also sadly, poor. Thus, 3D in scratch is not viable. and cannot be while it is still run via Flash.
the scratchteam is making a new player the beta player instead of the flash player
The beta player is still the flash player. It's just an optimized version - they are working on a HTML 5 version, which may make things with 3D better, however it is only 40% done.
but it could happen then 3d would be possible
if we remove the flash problem then do you support 3d scratch
ssss
Scratcher
500+ posts

Why scratch should be 3d

Blaze349 wrote:

ssss wrote:

Blaze349 wrote:

ssss wrote:

Blaze349 wrote:

ssss wrote:

Blaze349 wrote:

ssss wrote:

However, 3D projects are possible and many people have made engines that do render 3D projects.
I know how to make 3d engines but I want to use real 3d why didn't you say any problems
Real 3D just isn't really viable in Scratch.
but can be
Scratch 2.0 is programmed using Flash - and the 3D in that is also sadly, poor. Thus, 3D in scratch is not viable. and cannot be while it is still run via Flash.
the scratchteam is making a new player the beta player instead of the flash player
The beta player is still the flash player. It's just an optimized version - they are working on a HTML 5 version, which may make things with 3D better, however it is only 40% done.
but it could happen then 3d would be possible
if we remove the flash problem then do you support 3d scratch
There's already software to do it though.

Generation 379: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
Blaze349
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Why scratch should be 3d

ssss wrote:

Blaze349 wrote:

ssss wrote:

Blaze349 wrote:

ssss wrote:

Blaze349 wrote:

ssss wrote:

Blaze349 wrote:

ssss wrote:

However, 3D projects are possible and many people have made engines that do render 3D projects.
I know how to make 3d engines but I want to use real 3d why didn't you say any problems
Real 3D just isn't really viable in Scratch.
but can be
Scratch 2.0 is programmed using Flash - and the 3D in that is also sadly, poor. Thus, 3D in scratch is not viable. and cannot be while it is still run via Flash.
the scratchteam is making a new player the beta player instead of the flash player
The beta player is still the flash player. It's just an optimized version - they are working on a HTML 5 version, which may make things with 3D better, however it is only 40% done.
but it could happen then 3d would be possible
if we remove the flash problem then do you support 3d scratch
There's already software to do it though.
but you can't share that to the scratch website
TeamMagixZone
Scratcher
100+ posts

Why scratch should be 3d

Blaze349 wrote:

ssss wrote:

Blaze349 wrote:

ssss wrote:

Blaze349 wrote:

ssss wrote:

Blaze349 wrote:

ssss wrote:

Blaze349 wrote:

ssss wrote:

However, 3D projects are possible and many people have made engines that do render 3D projects.
I know how to make 3d engines but I want to use real 3d why didn't you say any problems
Real 3D just isn't really viable in Scratch.
but can be
Scratch 2.0 is programmed using Flash - and the 3D in that is also sadly, poor. Thus, 3D in scratch is not viable. and cannot be while it is still run via Flash.
the scratchteam is making a new player the beta player instead of the flash player
The beta player is still the flash player. It's just an optimized version - they are working on a HTML 5 version, which may make things with 3D better, however it is only 40% done.
but it could happen then 3d would be possible
if we remove the flash problem then do you support 3d scratch
There's already software to do it though.
but you can't share that to the scratch website

You can still tell people what you're making and show everyone and post a link in one of the forum's topics: Things I’m Making and Creating
Blaze349
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Why scratch should be 3d

TeamMagixZone wrote:

Blaze349 wrote:

ssss wrote:

Blaze349 wrote:

ssss wrote:

Blaze349 wrote:

ssss wrote:

Blaze349 wrote:

ssss wrote:

Blaze349 wrote:

ssss wrote:

However, 3D projects are possible and many people have made engines that do render 3D projects.
I know how to make 3d engines but I want to use real 3d why didn't you say any problems
Real 3D just isn't really viable in Scratch.
but can be
Scratch 2.0 is programmed using Flash - and the 3D in that is also sadly, poor. Thus, 3D in scratch is not viable. and cannot be while it is still run via Flash.
the scratchteam is making a new player the beta player instead of the flash player
The beta player is still the flash player. It's just an optimized version - they are working on a HTML 5 version, which may make things with 3D better, however it is only 40% done.
but it could happen then 3d would be possible
if we remove the flash problem then do you support 3d scratch
There's already software to do it though.
but you can't share that to the scratch website

You can still tell people what you're making and show everyone and post a link in one of the forum's topics: Things I’m Making and Creating
still not really scratch
ssss
Scratcher
500+ posts

Why scratch should be 3d

Blaze349 wrote:

TeamMagixZone wrote:

Blaze349 wrote:

ssss wrote:

Blaze349 wrote:

ssss wrote:

Blaze349 wrote:

ssss wrote:

Blaze349 wrote:

ssss wrote:

Blaze349 wrote:

ssss wrote:

However, 3D projects are possible and many people have made engines that do render 3D projects.
I know how to make 3d engines but I want to use real 3d why didn't you say any problems
Real 3D just isn't really viable in Scratch.
but can be
Scratch 2.0 is programmed using Flash - and the 3D in that is also sadly, poor. Thus, 3D in scratch is not viable. and cannot be while it is still run via Flash.
the scratchteam is making a new player the beta player instead of the flash player
The beta player is still the flash player. It's just an optimized version - they are working on a HTML 5 version, which may make things with 3D better, however it is only 40% done.
but it could happen then 3d would be possible
if we remove the flash problem then do you support 3d scratch
There's already software to do it though.
but you can't share that to the scratch website

You can still tell people what you're making and show everyone and post a link in one of the forum's topics: Things I’m Making and Creating
still not really scratch
The closest your going to get other then raycaster's and similar.

Generation 379: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
Blaze349
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Why scratch should be 3d

ssss wrote:

Blaze349 wrote:

TeamMagixZone wrote:

Blaze349 wrote:

ssss wrote:

Blaze349 wrote:

ssss wrote:

Blaze349 wrote:

ssss wrote:

Blaze349 wrote:

ssss wrote:

Blaze349 wrote:

ssss wrote:

However, 3D projects are possible and many people have made engines that do render 3D projects.
I know how to make 3d engines but I want to use real 3d why didn't you say any problems
Real 3D just isn't really viable in Scratch.
but can be
Scratch 2.0 is programmed using Flash - and the 3D in that is also sadly, poor. Thus, 3D in scratch is not viable. and cannot be while it is still run via Flash.
the scratchteam is making a new player the beta player instead of the flash player
The beta player is still the flash player. It's just an optimized version - they are working on a HTML 5 version, which may make things with 3D better, however it is only 40% done.
but it could happen then 3d would be possible
if we remove the flash problem then do you support 3d scratch
There's already software to do it though.
but you can't share that to the scratch website

You can still tell people what you're making and show everyone and post a link in one of the forum's topics: Things I’m Making and Creating
still not really scratch
The closest your going to get other then raycaster's and similar.
unless they finish the HTML% version
move () steps :: looks
first time I did one of these
ProdigyZeta7
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Why scratch should be 3d

For the last time, No.

This isn't about making Scratch awesome or cool or spectacularly challenging for programmers: it's about keeping Scratch as easy as possible for beginners, ages 13 and under. If you want 3D, make it yourself or use Alice, don't argue for the Scratch Team to make it for you. They're busy with updating the Scratch website and developing better cloud data.



Gravitation
Scratcher
100+ posts

Why scratch should be 3d

Python and Pyglet.
C++ and GLEW.
Java and LWJGL.

Sonickyle
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Why scratch should be 3d

If it's in the READ THIS BEFORE SUGGESTING ANYTHING post, it's not gonna happen. If you really want to use 3D, then use Alice.

3D also isn't that great in Flash. Unless the team switch over to something else (eg. Unity, Silverlight, possibly HTML5), then it isn't possible.

Even when the HTML5 version comes out, there still won't be any point for 3D because there are already engines that have been created by various users.

Speaking of Unity, I can acually imagine what Scratch would be like if it was made in Unity.

No I don't make projects anymore. I left some time ago.
I only check the forums every now and then, but other than that consider me retired.

I have made 2950+ posts / contributed to 2238+ topics
FirstSkyler1
Scratcher
100+ posts

Why scratch should be 3d

8. 3D Scratch
Scratch is a language that is designed to be as easy as possible for beginners to pick up. Adding 3D would make the language extremely complicated, and much more difficult for beginners to understand. If you wish to try a 3D programming language, I recommend trying Alice.
It has been rejected and will stay that way. For 3D Scratch, you have two options:
1. Make an engine for it, or use someone else's engine
2. Use a programming language that supports 3D
Other than that, no 3D Scratch. You should also read ProdigyZeta7's post.

EDIT: And at the same time, someone says the same thing. xD Nice job, guy above me.
EDIT 2: And sorry if I was a little harsh in my post.
EDIT 3: And yes, I did mention the “READ BEFORE POSTING” topic. Which you might want to re-read, just to make sure.

Last edited by FirstSkyler1 (Jan. 27, 2014 13:16:35)


Last edited by FirstSkyler1 (Dec. 18, 3013 7:45:49)
xlk
Scratcher
100+ posts

Why scratch should be 3d

Scratch 3D is already possible, look at all those 3D projects out there!
Projecting shapes being a pain and slow? would also be if you could “import cube”.
So yeah, 3D is not “let's add another D”, it's a whole engine on it's own to render them, and the rest can already be done!
In fact, if you think about it, all of this can be done with ones , zeroes, set ,and if.

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile