No support, I see no way this could make Scratch any better

under penalty of law this signature is not to be removed except by the consumer
SmurphyOutfox
Scratcher
100+ posts

Made Edits To... Activity Notification

WolfCat67 wrote:

scratchjack1234 wrote:

Wait wait wait! I've got an idea! When they press the button, they have to have made an actual edit to the project. If they haven't, then nothing happens!
Here's a better one: The follower gets to choose whether or not to get notifications for certain users editing their projects (that way, if they spam, the follower can just disable ti). Then, the messages will only get through if both the user editing the projects clicks the “notify” button, and also if the follower hasn't disabled it. Does that work?
Yes, yes, yes! This would be awesome I hope the ST notices this!
scratchjack1234
Scratcher
100+ posts

WolfCat67 wrote:

scratchjack1234 wrote:

Wait wait wait! I've got an idea! When they press the button, they have to have made an actual edit to the project. If they haven't, then nothing happens!
Here's a better one: The follower gets to choose whether or not to get notifications for certain users editing their projects (that way, if they spam, the follower can just disable ti). Then, the messages will only get through if both the user editing the projects clicks the “notify” button, and also if the follower hasn't disabled it. Does that work?
Wow, another great idea!

I don't know what to put here
scratchjack1234
Scratcher
100+ posts

I-Iz-A-Litten wrote:

You see no possible way? What if you like a game someone makes and they give the game a massive update? Wouldn't it come in handy to know that there is a new update for something?

Charles12310
Scratcher
1000+ posts

No Support. If someone decides to make a lot of edits at a time, including editing descriptions, it could spam your notifications page.

If you want to be notified of an update, just request the creator to remind you about the updates.

A few internet communication companies want to corrupt the internet by getting rid of net neutrality. Stop Them!
scratchjack1234
Scratcher
100+ posts

Charles12310 wrote:

No Support. If someone decides to make a lot of edits at a time, including editing descriptions, it could spam your notifications page.

If you want to be notified of an update, just request the creator to remind you about the updates.
Read the ideas throughout the forum

I-Iz-A-Litten
Scratcher
1000+ posts

scratchjack1234 wrote:

I-Iz-A-Litten wrote:

You see no possible way? What if you like a game someone makes and they give the game a massive update? Wouldn't it come in handy to know that there is a new update for something?

I don't really know why you need to know really. :I

scratchjack1234
Scratcher
100+ posts

I-Iz-A-Litten wrote:

scratchjack1234 wrote:

I-Iz-A-Litten wrote:

OK. I respect your opinion

WolfCat67
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I-Iz-A-Litten wrote:

scratchjack1234 wrote:

I-Iz-A-Litten wrote:

I make note block song compilations, and I frequently add new songs to them after user request. It's an entire new song (and most people just make one project for them) but I make them quite fast and don't want people to feel overwhelmed by the amount of projects I have. However, if I could give people notifications in “What's Happening” for when I release an update for one of the compilations, it would be AMAZING. After all, lots of people like the songs, and it might make people come back to the project and realize that there's been so much added to it. And don't think this is a one-time thing, I've wanted the same with some games I've made in the past and with my new compilation I just made.

I-Iz-A-Litten
Scratcher
1000+ posts

WolfCat67 wrote:

I-Iz-A-Litten wrote:

scratchjack1234 wrote:

I-Iz-A-Litten wrote:

I make note block song compilations, and I frequently add new songs to them after user request. It's an entire new song (and most people just make one project for them) but I make them quite fast and don't want people to feel overwhelmed by the amount of projects I have. However, if I could give people notifications in “What's Happening” for when I release an update for one of the compilations, it would be AMAZING. After all, lots of people like the songs, and it might make people come back to the project and realize that there's been so much added to it. And don't think this is a one-time thing, I've wanted the same with some games I've made in the past and with my new compilation I just made.

Think about it, most people ignore the “What's Happening” section and only check there only a couple times

scratchjack1234
Scratcher
100+ posts

I-Iz-A-Litten wrote:

WolfCat67 wrote:

I-Iz-A-Litten wrote:

scratchjack1234 wrote:

I-Iz-A-Litten wrote:

Think about it, most people ignore the “What's Happening” section and only check there only a couple times
I don't ignore it.

I-Iz-A-Litten
Scratcher
1000+ posts

scratchjack1234 wrote:

I-Iz-A-Litten wrote:

WolfCat67 wrote:

I-Iz-A-Litten wrote:

scratchjack1234 wrote:

I-Iz-A-Litten wrote:

I don't ignore it.

but others do

Last edited by I-Iz-A-Litten (Aug. 24, 2017 03:05:58)

scratchjack1234
Scratcher
100+ posts

I-Iz-A-Litten wrote:

scratchjack1234 wrote:

I-Iz-A-Litten wrote:

WolfCat67 wrote:

I-Iz-A-Litten wrote:

scratchjack1234 wrote:

I-Iz-A-Litten wrote:

I don't ignore it.

but others do
how many people do you know of that do that? How could you know things like that?

DisasterPug
Scratcher
100+ posts

What about a new followers thing but for projects? Maybe even add a whole section called “What's updating?” with things that say:

Username updated Project as Project

btw if you click the link it will send you to http://koalastothemax.com/

scratchjack1234
Scratcher
100+ posts

Charles12310 wrote:

That would get annoying for the creator because it would take a while to notify everyone, and what if the creator didn't want to do that?

I-Iz-A-Litten
Scratcher
1000+ posts

scratchjack1234 wrote:

I-Iz-A-Litten wrote:

scratchjack1234 wrote:

I-Iz-A-Litten wrote:

WolfCat67 wrote:

I-Iz-A-Litten wrote:

scratchjack1234 wrote:

I-Iz-A-Litten wrote:

I don't ignore it.

but others do
how many people do you know of that do that? How could you know things like that?

I'm just saying some people might ignore the “What's happening” section

scratchjack1234
Scratcher
100+ posts

I feel like people are looking for problems with this suggestion.

scratchjack1234
Scratcher
100+ posts

I-Iz-A-Litten wrote:

scratchjack1234 wrote:

I-Iz-A-Litten wrote:

scratchjack1234 wrote:

I-Iz-A-Litten wrote:

WolfCat67 wrote:

I-Iz-A-Litten wrote:

scratchjack1234 wrote:

I-Iz-A-Litten wrote:

I don't ignore it.

but others do

I'm just saying some people might ignore the “What's happening” section
And some people don't. At this point, to me all it feels like you're doing is grasping at straws to find ways to shoot down this idea

scratchjack1234
Scratcher
100+ posts

DisasterPug wrote:

What about a new followers thing but for projects? Maybe even add a whole section called “What's updating?” with things that say:

Username updated Project as Project

btw if you click the link it will send you to http://koalastothemax.com/
I don't think a whole new section would be necessary

DisasterPug
Scratcher
100+ posts

scratchjack1234 wrote:

I feel like people are looking for problems with this suggestion.
If you don't find problems than you don't know how to make it better