Discuss Scratch

1MTariq
Scratcher
49 posts

Is HTF allowed?

I see that lots of people are doing Happy Tree Friends which is not meant for young children under 13.It is about cute animals dying by their own stupidity.

Last edited by 1MTariq (Jan. 20, 2018 17:17:24)

footsocktoe
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is HTF allowed?

1MTariq wrote:

I see that lots of people are doing Happy Tree Friends which is not meant for young children under 9.It is about cute animals dying by their own stupidity.

Do not confuse intention with implementation.

Pumpkins are not intended to be scary, but at Halloween the implementation is for fear. Santa Claus is not intended to be scary, but there are at least two evil Santa movies out there.

On the other hand, ghosts ARE intended to be scary, but Casper the friendly ghost was a nonscary implementation. Monsters are intended to be scary, but Disney made several cute monster movies.

My point is it doesn't matter who Happy Tree Friends was meant for. What matters is what is done with it in the project.


SHOOT THE SPACE MONSTERS! ….. A game everyone can play! Bright colors, bonky sounds!
THE 12 BALLS OF CRAZY AL ……. New scrolling adventure game!

1MTariq
Scratcher
49 posts

Is HTF allowed?

footsocktoe wrote:

1MTariq wrote:

I see that lots of people are doing Happy Tree Friends which is not meant for young children under 9.It is about cute animals dying by their own stupidity.

Do not confuse intention with implementation.

Pumpkins are not intended to be scary, but at Halloween the implementation is for fear. Santa Claus is not intended to be scary, but there are at least two evil Santa movies out there.

On the other hand, ghosts ARE intended to be scary, but Casper the friendly ghost was a nonscary implementation. Monsters are intended to be scary, but Disney made several cute monster movies.

My point is it doesn't matter who Happy Tree Friends was meant for. What matters is what is done with it in the project.
Your confusing me.
PrincessPandaLover
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is HTF allowed?

I asked this question before.

So, if you use its characters but in a non-gory way, it's okay.


(REST IN PEACE, TINYPIC (2004-19))






Hmmm…
footsocktoe
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is HTF allowed?

PrincessPandaLover wrote:

I asked this question before.

So, if you use its characters but in a non-gory way, it's okay.

Exactly. It's not the characters, it's what you do with them.


SHOOT THE SPACE MONSTERS! ….. A game everyone can play! Bright colors, bonky sounds!
THE 12 BALLS OF CRAZY AL ……. New scrolling adventure game!

LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is HTF allowed?

“under 9” is an understatement. It's more like 13+.
But I think it should be okay if you don't let things get too dark or gory. Out of context they just look like cute little cartoon animals.
Like footsocktoe said earlier, it's not the characters, it's what you do with them. While monsters are intended to be scary, it's definitely possible to make something that involves a monster that ISN'T scary (Like Monsters Inc., or an innocent little monster I've made up myself).
Scratch doesn't ban anything in its entirety, unless it's really inappropriate. So feel free to make HTF projects, just don't add anything really gory.

lh70 / nora/tobi / she-they pronouns / pansexual-demisexual / 14 / sagittarius / furry / artist / intp / stop-motion films / lbp / fall out boy / panic! at the disco / twenty one pilots / stranger things / a series of unfortunate events
“When you have a bad day, a really bad day, try and treat the world better than it treated you.” -Patrick Stump
“Music seems to hold everything together. It seems to make things not so chaotic sometimes. It seems to make things make more sense sometimes.” -Tyler Joseph
“You'll fear your fears forever if you never do things you're afraid of.” -Josh Dun
“I'm still figuring out who I am, but I know I'm not who I was.” -Brendon Urie
Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is HTF allowed?

1MTariq wrote:

footsocktoe wrote:

1MTariq wrote:

I see that lots of people are doing Happy Tree Friends which is not meant for young children under 9.It is about cute animals dying by their own stupidity.

Do not confuse intention with implementation.

Pumpkins are not intended to be scary, but at Halloween the implementation is for fear. Santa Claus is not intended to be scary, but there are at least two evil Santa movies out there.

On the other hand, ghosts ARE intended to be scary, but Casper the friendly ghost was a nonscary implementation. Monsters are intended to be scary, but Disney made several cute monster movies.

My point is it doesn't matter who Happy Tree Friends was meant for. What matters is what is done with it in the project.
Your confusing me.
In other words, you can make friendly, non-gory art based off of it, but copying the show (with gore) and adding it to the site is not allowed.

5794 posts | Signature banner done by ZLGames (thanks!)
myloganator1
Scratcher
100+ posts

Is HTF allowed?

If it doesn't have blood or gore in it, it might be ok. But it still has to follow the community guidelines.
I hope this helps!

The SuperSonic Scratch Forum Helper!
Oh, and there is no such thing as Evil Kumquats. Sorry Kumquats.
Kumquats: AAAAAH!
Me: What? It's fictional!
ComicWorldBros
Scratcher
100+ posts

Is HTF allowed?

Happy Tree Friends?
I had watch it and it a NO,

So you want to show alot of gore which will not just mark it as NFE but Scratch team will remove it.

You had to censor it, all of the gore….




Please help us right now and I will credit and follow you!

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile