Discuss Scratch

haras5
Scratcher
29 posts

Are Discord links allowed?

I recently made two servers on Discord. (One for my own communities and friends on the internet, another for the Scratchers who're on Discord) Now I'm wondering, because it didn't allow me to link to Facebook, and I want and have to follow the rules on the website, am I allowed to link to link to servers on Discord through the Scratch website? I know links to outside the website aren't clickable… but to put in the side address.
KingOfAwesome58219
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Are Discord links allowed?

No.
In general, links leading to a place with unmoderated* chat are not allowed, whether or not bwd actually catches it. The entire premise of discord is an unmoderated chat room - so no exceptions there.

*not heavily moderated

Last edited by KingOfAwesome58219 (July 30, 2017 18:49:55)




haras5
Scratcher
29 posts

Are Discord links allowed?

Aww… Well, thanks for telling me.
LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Are Discord links allowed?

I'm pretty sure it isn't.

lh70 / nora/tobi / she-they pronouns / pansexual-demisexual / 14 / sagittarius / furry / artist / intp / stop-motion films / lbp / fall out boy / panic! at the disco / twenty one pilots / stranger things / a series of unfortunate events
“When you have a bad day, a really bad day, try and treat the world better than it treated you.” -Patrick Stump
“Music seems to hold everything together. It seems to make things not so chaotic sometimes. It seems to make things make more sense sometimes.” -Tyler Joseph
“You'll fear your fears forever if you never do things you're afraid of.” -Josh Dun
“I'm still figuring out who I am, but I know I'm not who I was.” -Brendon Urie
ChumleyChumpster
Scratcher
100+ posts

Are Discord links allowed?

I'm pretty sure using unmoderated chat links aren't allowed, but maybe they are. Maybe try and find a way to contact someone another way. This is a clean chat project that you can easily use: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/120462393/


Here's my old account.
Scratcher for over a year now on this account. This account has been on Scratch for over 2 years. Ask me anything, if I see it, I respond. Follow me anywhere too! I am most active on the forums, so you may see me around here.
-Vuton-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Are Discord links allowed?

There not, sorry! (You cant post tags either)

Last edited by -Vuton- (July 31, 2017 15:56:34)




Cosmicmouse
Scratcher
5 posts

Are Discord links allowed?

-Vuton-]There not, sorry! (You cant post tags either)
Do you mean like you can't post discord tags?

Last edited by Cosmicmouse (Jan. 5, 2018 04:11:13)


HappyFace28
stinkybathtubs
Scratcher
20 posts

Are Discord links allowed?

Cosmicmouse wrote:

-Vuton-]There not, sorry! (You cant post tags either)
Do you mean like you can't post discord tags?
Yes, I asked ceebee about if discord tags were allowed and ceebee said that they aren't allowed.
GGYT3
Scratcher
18 posts

Are Discord links allowed?

KingOfAwesome58219 wrote:

No.
In general, links leading to a place with unmoderated* chat are not allowed, whether or not bwd actually catches it. The entire premise of discord is an unmoderated chat room - so no exceptions there.

*not heavily moderated

What if it filled in with 10 very active staff, preset rules and Bots that block certain and custom words?

| GGYT3 | Featured Project, Air Dodgers! | My second project, Zombie Trials | Teen; Christian; Writer; Artist (Kinda); Boy; Robloxian (Plays Roblox); Gamer |
54329
Scratcher
500+ posts

Are Discord links allowed?

GGYT3 wrote:

What if it filled in with 10 very active staff, preset rules and Bots that block certain and custom words?

No, Discord Servers are simply not trusted by the Scratch Team in general. Period. No matter the amount of staff and bots you have on it and such, people still can post various inappropriate terms and even NSFW content. You can ask the Scratch Team if you really want, but I can tell you that the answer is almost a 100% guaranteed no.

Click Here To Get Infinite Loves, Favorites and Follows!!!
(Not edited by moderator - don't impersonate a moderator by adding this moderation since a moderator didn't moderate to add this moderation in.)

;
Gibom
Scratcher
100+ posts

Are Discord links allowed?

GGYT3 wrote:

KingOfAwesome58219 wrote:

No.
In general, links leading to a place with unmoderated* chat are not allowed, whether or not bwd actually catches it. The entire premise of discord is an unmoderated chat room - so no exceptions there.

*not heavily moderated

What if it filled in with 10 very active staff, preset rules and Bots that block certain and custom words?
Still not. The bots can be easily circumvented. Even if you would have 10 mods looking at each chat all the time, the mods wouldn't be the same as the Scratch Team. The Scratch Team just doesn't want to be semi-involved in things they can't control.
and Ninja'd F

Last edited by Gibom (March 17, 2019 18:35:07)


I'm barely here anymore.i66.tinypic.com/qsqyk1.png

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile