Discuss Scratch

kyleplo
Scratcher
100+ posts

Unofficial Guide to Scratch 3.0

Hi!
As you probably know, Scratch is finally getting around to creating a new version of Scratch, called Scratch 3.0 or Scratch 3.

New features

If you've been on Scratch for while, the most exciting part for you might be the new features in Scratch 3.
New blocks that I know of are:
glide (1) secs to [mouse  pointer v]::motion

go to [front v]::looks
go [forward v] (1) layers::looks
costume [number v]::looks reporter
backdrop [number v]::looks reporter

set [pitch v] effect to (0)::sound
change [echo v] effect by (25)::sound

set drag mode [draggable v]::sensing

[hello] contains [world]?::operators

Pen, instrument blocks, and video sensing are now extensions. Pen has two new blocks:
set pen [color v] to (50)::extension
change pen [color v] by (10)::extension
These allow you to select color, saturation, transparency and brightness.

Scratch 3.0 will also work on mobile. I don't know much about the mobile version of Scratch, so post on this topic if you do.

Also, you are now able to search the costume and sound libraries.

Smaller changes can be found here

Trying it out!

There are two known links to test it. The links are:
Scratch 3.0 Beta - stable test site
Scratch 3.0 Graphical User Interface Develop Branch - up-to-date

View bugs at https://github.com/LLK/scratch-gui/issues

The code is on github at https://github.com/LLK/scratch-gui and https://github.com/LLK/scratch-vm
Scratch 3.0 is also built with Blockly and Scratch Blocks

More info

Scratch 3.0 on the wiki

Scratch 3.0 will be out on January 2nd, 2019

Post if you know anything

Last edited by kyleplo (Aug. 25, 2018 10:34:36)

LuckyLucky7
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Unofficial Guide to Scratch 3.0

Cool, this sounds like a pretty good update, but there should some more to the update, like:
  • Adding a color input when defining custom blocks

    -(Definitely)Add more color input blocks

    -More effect blocks

    -More search features(like actually searching a topic)

    -Bring back the Discuss button(expand the navigation bar)

    -Cloud Data Improvements

    -And have more fun!

I have about 1950 posts, 50 projects, 125 total topics, and 80 followers.

kyleplo
Scratcher
100+ posts

Unofficial Guide to Scratch 3.0

LuckyLucky7 wrote:

Cool, this sounds like a pretty good update, but there should some more to the update, like:
  • Adding a color input when defining custom blocks

    -(Definitely)Add more color input blocks

    -More effect blocks

    -More search features(like actually searching a topic)

    -Bring back the Discuss button(expand the navigation bar)

    -Cloud Data Improvements

    -And have more fun!
I'm not the one who decides what features are going to be added.
Also, check out Scratch3ify, an extension that lets you open any project in Scratch 3.0.
PackersRuleGoPack
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Unofficial Guide to Scratch 3.0

https://github.com/LLK/scratch-gui/issues
Here are all the current bugs/issues for Scratch 3.0.

aking_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Unofficial Guide to Scratch 3.0

Hopefully Scratch 3.0. is a good update *fingers crossed*

Throws up the deuces and walks out like a G
kyleplo
Scratcher
100+ posts

Unofficial Guide to Scratch 3.0

aking_ wrote:

Hopefully Scratch 3.0. is a good update *fingers crossed*
I think it will be.
JGames101
Scratcher
100+ posts

Unofficial Guide to Scratch 3.0

I'm really excited, and I know this is probably the weirdest thing to be excited for ever, for the fact that it's in HTML5 rather than flash. It will make it work everywhere, and much faster! ALSO STAGE3D WILL BE FINALLY GONE! (YESSSS)
It's also pretty good timing, considering Flash will be dead by 2020.


Hey! I like working with Scratch 3.

Scratch 3 Modding

My Website
MinecraftM153
Scratcher
100+ posts

Unofficial Guide to Scratch 3.0

JGames101 wrote:

I'm really excited, and I know this is probably the weirdest thing to be excited for ever, for the fact that it's in HTML5 rather than flash. It will make it work everywhere, and much faster! ALSO STAGE3D WILL BE FINALLY GONE! (YESSSS)
It's also pretty good timing, considering Flash will be dead by 2020.
triggered
kyleplo
Scratcher
100+ posts

Unofficial Guide to Scratch 3.0

JGames101 wrote:

I'm really excited, and I know this is probably the weirdest thing to be excited for ever, for the fact that it's in HTML5 rather than flash. It will make it work everywhere, and much faster! ALSO STAGE3D WILL BE FINALLY GONE! (YESSSS)
It's also pretty good timing, considering Flash will be dead by 2020.
Yeah, by Chrome 80, I'm guessing Flash will be unsupported. (I have Chrome 60, by the way)
Carriage
Scratcher
500+ posts

Unofficial Guide to Scratch 3.0

Yay! This guide is fantastic!

Please refer to me as Carry
My website


❝Life is like a tower. Remove one block and the whole thing comes tumbling down. — Carriage

Hey! Carry here. I’m 11, a girl, and I love making animations. Don’t forget to visit my profile! See you soon!
Scratch! :: #00EDFF
Imagine, :: #FF0000
Program, :: #FFFF00
Share :: #00E300
fphiladelphia
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Unofficial Guide to Scratch 3.0

On mobile you can post, but you can’t create
Well you can on scratch junior but it and scratch are two different things


-ShadowOfTheFuture-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Unofficial Guide to Scratch 3.0

I like the Scratch 3.0 GUI, but I don't really like the design of the blocks.

Wow, this is the first time I've ever posted in this forum/.

Last edited by -ShadowOfTheFuture- (Nov. 2, 2017 22:15:00)

Chikorita152A
Scratcher
63 posts

Unofficial Guide to Scratch 3.0

Wish it was Official, then people would most likely to read it. Please change the title to Official. It sounds like clickbait and we all like to get prepared for Scratch 3.0, right?


I guess we are probably in Scratch 2.8 right now, assuming constant time between 2.0 and 3.0.

My Scratch Movie Playlist:

Chikorita152A- Lagstorm
Lagstormers : Age of Ceebee's Wrath
Into the Lagstorm
kyleplo
Scratcher
100+ posts

Unofficial Guide to Scratch 3.0

Chikorita152A wrote:

Wish it was Official, then people would most likely to read it. Please change the title to Official. It sounds like clickbait and we all like to get prepared for Scratch 3.0, right?


I guess we are probably in Scratch 2.8 right now, assuming constant time between 2.0 and 3.0.
Well, if it were official, it would be written by the Scratch team. I don't want to lie.
JGames101
Scratcher
100+ posts

Unofficial Guide to Scratch 3.0

They added
go to [front v] :: looks
go to [back v] :: looks

go [forward v] (1) layers :: looks
go [backward v] (1) layers :: looks

costume [number v] :: looks reporter
costume [name v] :: looks reporter

backdrop [number v] :: looks reporter
backdrop [name v] :: looks reporter

Also change the release date to the official August release date.

Last edited by JGames101 (Jan. 15, 2018 03:01:56)



Hey! I like working with Scratch 3.

Scratch 3 Modding

My Website
kyleplo
Scratcher
100+ posts

Unofficial Guide to Scratch 3.0

JGames101 wrote:

They added
go to [front v] :: looks
go to [back v] :: looks

go [forward v] (1) layers :: looks
go [backward v] (1) layers :: looks

costume [number v] :: looks reporter
costume [name v] :: looks reporter

backdrop [number v] :: looks reporter
backdrop [name v] :: looks reporter

Also change the release date to the official August release date.
Yeah, I know about the new blocks. Where did you get that release date?
iesdor
Scratcher
16 posts

Unofficial Guide to Scratch 3.0

hey, can anyone tell them, we need add list/variable and delete list/variable blocks!!!! and stretch blocks! and a 3D editor option

Last edited by iesdor (Jan. 15, 2018 16:09:26)


“the dark religions depart & sweet science reigns” by William Blake
tali1665
Scratcher
100+ posts

Unofficial Guide to Scratch 3.0

iesdor wrote:

hey, can anyone tell them, we need add list/variable and delete list/variable blocks!!!! and stretch blocks! and a 3D editor option
scratch will never get 3D. It's too complicated.

when green flag clicked
100 posts!
forever
change [excitement v] by (1)
end
60 posts achieved on July 1st, 2017, 11:52 AM.
100 posts achieved on December 18th, 2017, 9:51 AM.
tali1665 has 1 internet. to give an internet, click here.
JGames101
Scratcher
100+ posts

Unofficial Guide to Scratch 3.0

kyleplo wrote:

JGames101 wrote:

They added
go to [front v] :: looks
go to [back v] :: looks

go [forward v] (1) layers :: looks
go [backward v] (1) layers :: looks

costume [number v] :: looks reporter
costume [name v] :: looks reporter

backdrop [number v] :: looks reporter
backdrop [name v] :: looks reporter

Also change the release date to the official August release date.
Yeah, I know about the new blocks. Where did you get that release date?
From the FAQ.


Hey! I like working with Scratch 3.

Scratch 3 Modding

My Website
JGames101
Scratcher
100+ posts

Unofficial Guide to Scratch 3.0

iesdor wrote:

hey, can anyone tell them, we need add list/variable and delete list/variable blocks!!!! and stretch blocks! and a 3D editor option
You can either use hacked blocks to create variables, or just use a list.


Hey! I like working with Scratch 3.

Scratch 3 Modding

My Website

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile